Girl STOLE Money From Us

CoRVeTTe6699

Don Juan
Reaction score
ME and my friend (who posts on this forum - <not allowed to post his name>) went to a local Friendly's to get an icecream. We sat down, and this girl that my friend knows served us. Note that she never returned his calls in the past. After our icecream, she brought us the check. My friend, who wants to get some play with the girl, needs change for his 20, so he asks the girl for change. She said "YOu don't need change" and put the 20 in her pocket and walked away. My friend said absolutely nothing. As we walk out, he got her new cell number and we went home.

What are your thoughts. are we going to get a hangout with this girl? My friend believes the $8 dollar tip was "worth it".

How do you feel?

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoRVeTTe6699
ME and my friend (who posts on this forum - <not allowed to post his name>) went to a local Friendly's to get an icecream. We sat down, and this girl that my friend knows served us. Note that she never returned his calls in the past. After our icecream, she brought us the check. My friend, who wants to get some play with the girl, needs change for his 20, so he asks the girl for change. She said "YOu don't need change" and put the 20 in her pocket and walked away. My friend said absolutely nothing. As we walk out, he got her new cell number and we went home.

What are your thoughts. are we going to get a hangout with this girl? My friend believes the $8 dollar tip was "worth it".

How do you feel?
i can see why your friend doesn't want his name posted.

CoRVeTTe6699

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont care about the 5 dollars. she took complete control and showed no respect. im not trying to fight. just want to make you a better duan juan.

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
take your bull**** friendship problems / banter elsewhere.

and youre a moron for thinking that letting that crazy ***** keep your money and you not doing anything will get you some.

Javelin44

Don Juan
Reaction score
why the hell are you guys fighting. go sarge and pick up new girls. not ****ing pay a girl for her number

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not usual for me to leave about $5 tip on any given day to any waiter/waitress even on a small bill of around $11-$12 (which is the price of the average meal at most restaurants here). So a couple of bucks more certainly isn't way out of place or a big deal.

Your friend is right, its not a big deal, even if none of you end up seeing her or calling her again. Its just a couple of bucks.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well certainly it doesnt hurt. And if you made it a big deal to get your money she mightve told everyone you're cheapskates or something and make you look bad. You never know.

I bet you waste $8 on stupider things. Since its good to give tips anyway, chances are you maybe overpaid your tip by a few dollars only and I am sure you could think of dumber things you've done with money in the past.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of your from Canada?

Corv and Smart are in a situation very similar to an ad run on TV for Rolo Chocolate Cone Ice Cream.

This little guy just bought this cone, and this hot girl comes up to him, asks him about it, and takes it on him. Then this dudes friend is like " dude. she just took your ice cream", and the little guy just shrugs it off in a tool-esque way, knowing that he was just taken advantage of.

I agree with Corvette. I don't care what biatch is serving me, I only tip tax, and that's only if its good service.

However, I don't blame the waitress. She didn't steal SmartOne's money. He let her take it. That is a sign of weakness. Stop letting girls do that. First itll be 4 bucks, then it will be your AW "girlfriend" taking 400.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
hey i agree with Luveno here.

from the whole spiel, it seems like you got walked over, SmartOne, and the fact that you're okay with it is not good.

money is money. i don't know about you, but i'd ask for change back.

my good friend drives a $32k bmw, buys $100 shirts from guess, and i even consider him a bit afc, but he doesn't "accidentally" let the hot waiter get away with a higher tip...even if he knows her, which has happened on one occasion.

since i know my friend is damned wealthy...his dad just bought his cousin a benz c230 two days ago...i doubt you have that much money

you got walked over, plain and simple.

think about it this way, if the waiter was a guy that you knew, would you still not say anything?

Coolage

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's not the matter of how much. It is that she said "You don't need change"
and then took your money.

I don't care if its $.10 or $300, that shouldn't fly

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If friends take advantage of other friends... then who needs enemies... You guys were taken advantage off, because she had no respect for you guys... your losers and she knows she can get away with **** like that...

You need to learn from this and cut all the garbage from your friendship list...

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A chance is a chance? Well, a chance you have to pay for is a hooker. In fact, I know plenty of disease-infested strippers that will gladly take your money and make you think you got a shot with them. Girls that actually like you couldn't care less about your money-- they're more concerned with your dong-bone. THIS girl, however, doesn't actually like you.

And Luveno, when you say you "only tip tax," does that mean you tip the same amount as the meal tax? Where I live that's 5%, and if you're tipping any less than 15-20% for good service, then you're a doosh-bag and I hope your next waitress pisses in your appetizer... and I also hope she has hepatitis.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drZaius09
A chance is a chance? Well, a chance you have to pay for is a hooker. In fact, I know plenty of disease-infested strippers that will gladly take your money and make you think you got a shot with them. Girls that actually like you couldn't care less about your money-- they're more concerned with your dong-bone. THIS girl, however, doesn't actually like you.

And Luveno, when you say you "only tip tax," does that mean you tip the same amount as the meal tax? Where I live that's 5%, and if you're tipping any less than 15-20% for good service, then you're a doosh-bag and I hope your next waitress pisses in your appetizer... and I also hope she has hepatitis.
Notice I said I was from Canada....do your research.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We shouldn't have to research people's locations to find out if what they're saying makes sense. This goes for everyone, if you are making a reference to your particular culture/country/region make sure to point that out and tell us what the norm is in that area.

Canada has high taxes, so by tipping tax he is probably tipping 15-20%.

But moving right along, its just a couple of bucks, forget it. She put you in a tough spot where you would've made yourself look like a cheapsake or a-hole if you demanded and fought with her to get your money back.

If this is someone who is in your social circle or anywhere near it then I don't think its worth risking your reputation or tainting your image for a couple of bucks. I am sure she'd put you in the worst possible light to all her female friends and aquaintances who may at some point be potential targets for you. And you won't always have a chance to explain yourself, so that kind of accusation alone is enough to damage you.

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
It says on one guys profile he is from florida.

The one big thing you are missing is this woman walked off with the money and her little puppy dog let her. If he wants to be walked over in uture let him tip her that much as long as it isnt your money who cares.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that he was taken advantage of, but I also don't think it makes him an AFC or loser or whatever for letting something like that happen over a couple of bucks. He probably over tipped her by what, $2? C'mon people, put that into perspective, especially considering it wasn't really voluntary and might've caused a big scene if he tried to remedy that.

It's just not worth the hassle.

If she isnt interested - and she probably isnt - just move on and forget about her.

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
He probably over tipped her by what, $2?
Origional post

My friend, who wants to get some play with the girl, needs change for his 20, so he asks the girl for change. She said "YOu don't need change" and put the 20 in her pocket and walked away
He wanted change

The fact of the matter is SHE felt she could take the money and he just let her. Tipping someone is fine but to take money is wrong regardless. Girls who take without asking are always bad news.

Ricard

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes SmartOne, you are right, I think. While people here have an attitude that DJs must be infallible one little mistake doesn't mean squat.

Just don't let it happen again and you'll be fine. It wasnt a big deal, I don't think.