Girl owes me money-still wants XMAS present!??

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl owes me 700 dollars because I helped her get out of some serious debt she was in.. Now I'm in debt because of it, and she STILL wants me to buy her a hundred dollar Christmas present.. what the? I'm about to kick her out! Do you think I should get her a present?

StudMeister

Don Juan
Reaction score
NO. WTF. Come on.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a gold digger... She actually "wants" you to buy her a present? What you shoud buy is boxing gloves and punch some sense into her...

Royal-tiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is difference.

It really depends on the strength of your relationship. Normally, a loan (I am assuming that's what $700 is) plays out totally differently. A loan is supposed to be repaid whereas a gift is a token of appreciation that does not have to be repaid/reciprocated. As a matter of fact, many people would see the latter as an insult to their "good thoughts".

I hope you see the difference.

From the above parameter, she is politically correct in expecting something from you as a token of your love for her to mark the Christmas. It practically has no bearing on $700.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off....700 dollars is not serious debt and is nothing to worry about. Its really up to you how you feel about buying her a gift. I personally think you should, you will look like the bigger man. Make sure she pays back every penny of that 700 dollars though. Even if you dont need it......

Get her something small but thoughtful. If the tails good treat her right....

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give that ... a HELL NO. I would make her pay me back in sexual favors :D

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first off unless you are married she needs to be handling her own finances. i don't care how much you love her thats either her problem, or if her parents decide to help, their problem. its never your problem. ill give you that i don't really know the specifics of the deal, but the next time i give a woman 700 bucks she better be a hooker named Adriana Lima.

as far as giving a xmas gift you shouldn't be such a whiner. if you gave her the $700 as a loan than you expect to get it paid back and you shouldn't hold that over her head... you were the one stupid enough to loan it to her so don't start feeling bad now. the xmas gift is just something that kind of goes without saying. you should have thought about that before you loaned her $700.

buy her a xmas gift... i think you want to anyway.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls, money, stress filled holidays... all the makings of a blood crazed sniper shooting spree.

First, if this girl can not pay $700 to who she owes it to, why would you think that she could pay you?

Your 700 is gone, most likely.

It is okay to help people out, but not at the expense of your own credit rating. That is just stupid and foolish.

Sit her down and tell her that you lending her money should be present enough. You're 700 out of pocket - where would the money for the present come from? Make sure she knows it's a loan and that she will pay it back in installments. Every pay day.

If not, you get off cheap.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kiss your cash goodbye!!!!! Don't make the broad mad if you wanna see your money. Just tell her you can't afford a present due to the money you gave her. If thats not good enough and she gets mad then you see what kind of woman you have. Personally, I think it will be easier for her to cut you and never speak to you again, than it will be for her to pay you back. Never, ever never give a broad who isn't your wife money. I dont give chicks any more than 5 dollars without expecting to be paid back.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Immaculate
My girl owes me 700 dollars because I helped her get out of some serious debt she was in.. Now I'm in debt because of it, and she STILL wants me to buy her a hundred dollar Christmas present.. what the? I'm about to kick her out! Do you think I should get her a present?
You sound like a rose and chocolate toting supplicating Nice Guy. I can't believe you did that.

Personally, there's only one person in my whole life I'd help out financially, and he hasn't been born yet (a possible future son).

Quit being a Nice Guy, try to get back that $700 if you can (though doubtful, because she'll probably just use a bunch of excuses about why she can't), and don't help her again in that way.

If you must get a present for her, make something yourself like a card. Whatever it is, make sure it's free. You've already spent too much money.

Ben

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Immaculate
Dont go along with that, but still acknowlege her during the holidays by getting her something. If she b!itches because it wasnt the $100 gift that she wanted, then you know what type of woman you have on your hands.

.....dont EVER give a woman that much money again!!!!!

LouieVaton Don

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No this is just absurd, you gave her what! Now your asking us should you buy her something, theres nothing to think about. Gift wrap all of her $hit and send her on her merry way this coming christmas. You wont get the 700 back unless you take her to court or somehow manhandle it back, which really doesnt seem like your thing. Rid your self of this negative force ASAP.

I cant actually believe some of you guys responded with buying her something and still continuing this BS relationship. Whatever happened to pride. Like I said get rid of that evil b1tch, you already boinked her, thats as good as it gets with her. Move on.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why are you all so sure that she won't pay back? they have enough trust to live together, it is a shame that there isn't any trust on this issue.

and a loan is not the same as a gift.

but if she is demanding a specific $100 gift...well, you can't demand gifts period...that is a red flag.

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi is half right but too bad the money is gone

iqqi, if you asked your man for 700, you sure as hell wouldnt return it from what i have seen from you

NATHINNICE

Don Juan
Reaction score
nO YOU DIDNT

NEVER GIVE WOMEN CASH, PAY WOMENS BILLS, OR HELP THEM ANYWAY FINACIALLY.
(THE REASON)

ALL WOMEN FEEL LIKE THEY DESERVE WHAT THEY GET, ESPECIALLY YOUNG WOMEN. WHAT YOU SEE AS A LOAN SHE SEE'S AS A (***** TAX), SHE OBVIOUSLY FEELS LIKE SHE'S DOING YOU A FAVOR BY BEING WITH YOU AND AS SOON AS ANY WOMAN STARTS TO FEEL THAT WAY, ITS TIME TO DUMP THEM AND MOVE ON.

YOU'VE LET HER PUT YOU ON HER PROGRAM WHEN IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND DUDE. HER PROGRAM CONSISTS OF YOU DOING FOR HER WHEN SHE FEELS THAT YOU NEED TO.
WHAT SHOULD BE A NONE ISSUE( THE GIFT), IS NOW AN ISSUE BECAUSE YOU LET HER MAKE IT ONE FOR YOU.

AND FOR FUTURE REFRENCE, EVEN IF YOU OWE SOMEBODY, NEVER GO INTO DEBT FOR SOMEBODY ELSE, IF U OWE SUMBODY 200 AND YOU HAVE ONLY HAVE 150, GIVE THEM 25, FEEL ME.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can kiss that $700 goodbye. I would probably give her some sort of a modest gift but definitely not worth $100; wattagolddigga!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if you can afford it then buy it because like was mentioned earlyer it has nothing to do with the loan.

please tell us how long you have been in a relationship for because you lent her $700 when you can not afford to lend her it, that is stupid, i bet she got in this debt from buying clothes and now passes it on to you and never pays you back.

How could you lend her that you know even if you have been with her for 2 years, at 17 years old you should not be lending people that kind of money.

I would only lend it if there was no chance i would not get it back ie i would lend it to my brother or parents. I do not think i would lend my best freinds more then the equivilent of about $150 or so, maybe $200 but not $700
at this age. If i acted so stupidly i would not have almost $2000 in my bank account from less then $20 a week pocket money. This is all taking in to consideration that fact that i have some expensive hobbies.

edit: like mentioned above i agree you should tell her the loan was enough of a present etc..

oh and although it does seem like he will not get his money back by the sounds of it. He knows this girl, we do not know her so we do not know what shes like, we can only asume he has enough good judgment to not lend money to some oen who will not pay him back.

dude your jaw will drop to the floor when even thou she tells you she has no money to pay you back yet, she walks in to the house one day wearing some very expensive, new clothes she just bought.