Girl makes fun of ur job

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its obviously a sh!t test to see how you will react. Just do as Desdinova did and bring it back to her. Reverse the test and it will be stopped.

comic_relief

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  • Anyone who cannot respect your career aspirations does not deserve your attention. If you are certain about your direction in life, that's all you need to know about whether you're heading in the right direction.
  • Never respond defensively, verbally or bodily. Defensive reactions are often masked as offensive actions. Comebacks, as obvious by the name, are naturally defensive. You are the master of your destiny. You are in control of your life. There should be no reason to "fight back" unless you are actually being threatened.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I don't know who this woman is but if any chick kept poking fun of my job I'd tell her to shut her f*cking mouth.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WORKEROUTER said:
Man I don't know who this woman is but if any chick kept poking fun of my job I'd tell her to shut her f*cking mouth.
It's the worse than that. She's criticizing his future profession.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, lets see......
The next time she brings up the subject, just start talking back to her with some sort of speech impediment - most importantly, don't stop when she asks/tells you too - go ahead and p!ss her off with it.....

I couldn't resist:
You could ask her if she's ever done it in a locomotive.....
Has she ever had it up the choo-choo?
What's her favorite position in which to be railed?
Has she ever had her caboose slapped?

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:
It's obvious from the way that you speak that you are deep down ashamed of where you are in life and that's blatantly obvious to her and that's why she's picking at your insecurity. You don't have to admit it to me or anyone else on this board, but admit it to yourself... If you're not living your potential don't settle for something less than your absolute best....

Bully's pick on kids that are insecure, she's being a bully because you my friend are insecure. You may sound enthused about being a train conductor, but deep down its terribly obvioius you feel with your level of education you should be somewhere further along and actually i'm getting jealousy from you as well and am sure you are intimidated by her position in her career right now.

You don't have to retort saying how cool you think train conductors are and how this is what you wanna do with your life and blah blah, save it bro. You don't have to convince me or anyone else, just do what makes you happy and once you're doing something that you truly believe in and are secure about, your problems with your girl will go away as she'll be satisfied that you are secure in your position in life and she'll trust you to move forward her life intertwined with her own.

Even considering getting rid of her speaks of utter insecurity. Fix your life and stop projecting your fears and regrets onto her, she's simply doing what females are programmed to do, they smell fear, anxiety, insecurity and they expose it because they don't want fake men that are lieing to themselves.

-COd3r
Im not ashamed of anything dude thats impossible for u to say from the little u know of me.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:
It's obvious from the way that you speak that you are deep down ashamed of where you are in life and that's blatantly obvious to her and that's why she's picking at your insecurity. You don't have to admit it to me or anyone else on this board, but admit it to yourself... If you're not living your potential don't settle for something less than your absolute best....

Bully's pick on kids that are insecure, she's being a bully because you my friend are insecure. You may sound enthused about being a train conductor, but deep down its terribly obvioius you feel with your level of education you should be somewhere further along and actually i'm getting jealousy from you as well and am sure you are intimidated by her position in her career right now.

You don't have to retort saying how cool you think train conductors are and how this is what you wanna do with your life and blah blah, save it bro. You don't have to convince me or anyone else, just do what makes you happy and once you're doing something that you truly believe in and are secure about, your problems with your girl will go away as she'll be satisfied that you are secure in your position in life and she'll trust you to move forward her life intertwined with her own.

Even considering getting rid of her speaks of utter insecurity. Fix your life and stop projecting your fears and regrets onto her, she's simply doing what females are programmed to do, they smell fear, anxiety, insecurity and they expose it because they don't want fake men that are lieing to themselves.

-COd3r

How on earth is it blatantly obvious. Me sayin that stuff in my posts was just to explain why it bothers me that she says this stuff, cuz im very happy with what im goin to be doing. I hate offices. And thought about wat i wanted top do for 3 yrs after college and tried several things. This conductor thing is the first one that makes sense to me. I dont feel im not reaching my potential. Im doing what i think is right for my life, financially and happiness wise. I want to enjoy my life and not waste my savings. Im 25 and ive thoiught for yrs about this. And what ive realized in my soul searching is that i dont want to be in school for the next 6 yrs wasting all my savings,w orking a full time job and having no social life. So u have alot of nerve to use some textbook definition to describe me when you know absoultely nothing about me.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm getting jealousy from you as well and am sure you are intimidated by her position in her career right now.

Thats absurd also. I never thoguht twice about her career until she contiuned to question my career choice. My original post was just asking how u guys would deal with this, meaning should i confornt her and tell her i dont like that, or if it continues just to save my breath and dump her. She has questioned my career several times now with a smirk and its just something a man with any pride doesnmt and shoulnt deal with. So if u wanna give me a generic psychobabble explanation go ahead, but its pretty ridiculous.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell you are a master at conducting big LOONG machines. ;)

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:

-COd3r
Just wanna add one last thing. I feel im being courageous by doin this conductor thing being that none of my family or friends are doin blue collar work. This is soemthin i actually want, and could it be that im just afraid (yes afraid im human) that the people i love and care about will lose respect for me? Not one person i know family or friends has said a bad word about it. In fact they all seemed happy to see me having it figured out for once. Not one girl ive gone out with said a bad wor dabout it either. Just this one girl, and that is why it pissed me off and i wanted advice on how to handle her.

Maybe your the one who looks down on blue collar jobs with a college education.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE, stop it.

PArt of being a man is living your own life outside of what other people think is best for you.

Personal choice is the only real freedom anyone has, Use that freedom. Make up your OWN decision.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAVER1CK said:
DUDE, stop it.

PArt of being a man is living your own life outside of what other people think is best for you.

Personal choice is the only real freedom anyone has, Use that freedom. Make up your OWN decision.

And I did. Train conductor was wat i feel and know is best for me. I have my reasons why. Isnt that enuff? Some people have this intense ambition to be president, ceo, top surgeon or whatver. Some people do not. Some do not need that power. Some people do not need to find achievement thru a profession. Some do, some don't. For some people living a nice life is ok too.
Look at the native americans. Did the young men think oh no im not reaching my potential. No they were content with their society and did their hunting.
Its all nonsense. if u really have a passion for being an astronaut then more power to u. But if u dont have the passion to do one of the "traditional" succesful professions who cares. Its a dog eat dog world, make moiney in watver way doesnt annoy u. Make sure u get what need for the lifestely e u want and all is fine. All i want in life is friends, family, love eventually. And to be remembered for being a great guy. Not for makign alot of money cuz i reached "my potential" I just cant stand people like that last guy saying oh ur ashmed that u didnt reach ur potential. Bullsh*t. Whatver happened to jobs being for the purpose of making money to survive.

I dont want to be a dr. it not my passion, nor is law, nor is busines, or computers. I want to be a major league baseball player. That's my passion. I love baseball. I tried out for my high school team and coudlnt hit the ball. Thats my passion. people who have a passion such as "speech pathology" since their 10 yrs old are lucky. I picked conductor cuz of the benefits, pay and job security. and cuz of all the city type jobs, this is the one id enjoy the most.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me give ya a little tidbit.

Being rich is not about the amount of money you bring in a month. Its about a mind set. Its about how you think. Some one who knows how to spend money, and what He wants in life, is a much richer person, than that rock star who pisses his funds away and has nothing but his status to show.

Besides, All you really need to become rich, is a stable job and some knowledge on investing.

Being content with your life and who you are, is the greatest feeling ever. It is a feeling people like donald trump ect ect will never feel.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAVER1CK said:
Let me give ya a little tidbit.

Being rich is not about the amount of money you bring in a month. Its about a mind set. Its about how you think. Some one who knows how to spend money, and what He wants in life, is a much richer person, than that rock star who pisses his funds away and has nothing but his status to show.

Besides, All you really need to become rich, is a stable job and some knowledge on investing.

Being content with your life and who you are, is the greatest feeling ever. It is a feeling people like donald trump ect ect will never feel.

Well said man, thats what im trying to say tho. I know that other guy doenst beleive me when i say im secure with it but i really am. Just becuase its not dr. or lawyer or somethin like that automatically means im settling?
Ive thought so much aboiut it and i just feel this is right, i cant explain why.
I hate office life. And i just need to enjoy my 20's. I had a horrible high school life. And a semi-boring college life, and have been makin up for it ever since. and i cannot go to school for a million yrs right now. I wanna be working and having a social life after work. I need to. and this is a job that allows me to do that while makign great money, having great job security, and doin somehting i like, being on my feet. It makes me feel alive. Hate cubicles with a passion. I wont have to throw my money away into school that could go into a down payment on a house very soon. I also dont have a specific passion in anythign to go to school for.

For me being rich is being surrounded by friends and family, and woman i love.

When im 90 dying in my bed, i wanna know i was a good friend, husband, and father and lived life right. Not that i made as much money as i could cuz i reached my potential. If i had that crazy passion for somethin id prob be pursuin it righ tnow. but i dont so im a conductor and im in the best mood ive been since i was 21.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
There ya go man.

Do what YOU feel is right. And you will live life free and happy.

good luck bro.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAVER1CK said:
There ya go man.

Do what YOU feel is right. And you will live life free and happy.

good luck bro.

Thanks. Ya know i just realized somethin. The only thing im insecure about is what girls reactions to my job will be. Cuz of my lack of trust in them.

I just know how alot of girls frown on blue collar. especially when they have good careers. So its not my insecurty bout my own job or being ashamed of it, its me thinking it s gonna mess up my game with the kind of girls i like cuz they dont like it. But their loss i guess so far its just 1 girl. And that is why i made my original post/question

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I bet 99% of the girls out there.. dont even know anything about conducting... THey wont know if you needed education, or how big your check is.

I personally find it quite interesting. You will definatly be much different then other guys. You can make your job seem very fun and exciting and TOUGH to anyone. Talk about how awesome it is to be in control of such a big machine... How awesome it is to travel around... How much you love it.

There is a reason why Steve irwin managed to get everyone to love animals.. It was his enthusiasm. If you Love what you do, and portay that.. Other people will love it to.

You can turn anything into something great, it just takes passion.

Why do you think hitler was such an epic speaker? And Motivator?

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
First of all, I think being a conductor would be cool.

Second,

Well, what the hell does she do for work? Poke fun at what she does.

I doubt she's being serious when she jokes about your future job. Just be c/f about her job in return. If she works at a burger joint, make fun of that. If she sits in front of a computer all day, tell her how you'll get to see the world while she gets to see her computer.

Just make sure you make it clear with your body language and facial expressions that you're only joking. Don't serve it back to her like it's revenge, serve it back to her like it's all in good fun.
"Pimple popper!"
"I treat skin cancer..."
"...."

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
code3r gets it. so obvious.

don't worry, i am sure little kids will find you to be da bomb! :rock:

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
Thanks. Ya know i just realized somethin. The only thing im insecure about is what girls reactions to my job will be. Cuz of my lack of trust in them.

I just know how alot of girls frown on blue collar. especially when they have good careers. So its not my insecurty bout my own job or being ashamed of it, its me thinking it s gonna mess up my game with the kind of girls i like cuz they dont like it. But their loss i guess so far its just 1 girl. And that is why i made my original post/question

you say "the only thing"... but dude, that's pretty much what insecurity is. it doesn't matter here the fact that you're bolding the word "them".... that is clear and by definition - you are uncomfortable with how other people (in this case, girls) see you.

you are insecure about your job. period. no qualifiers or rationale needed.

now you have a choice - personally, i think that when you encounter (crash against) others, there is an opportunity to learn and change.

this girl is criticizing you and your CHOICE. not so much your job, but your CHOICE. you are educated, yet you chose this path. was it because you were afraid and wanted security and so you chickened out of pursuing "your dream"? that is what she is saying. she is saying that you have no ambition and that you are chickening out and selling out to feel safe.

SHE CAN BE TOTALLY WRONG!!!

BUT

the big question is this: DO YOU AGREE WITH HER?

if you DO NOT - then make a choice not to be insecure about this with her, or any girl present or potential future. no insecurity at all. if you disagree, then f it, this is your life, this your choice, this is what you want to do with your life, and this is what you chose. f everybody else.

but it may turn out that you kind of agree with her. in which case you can do some soul searching.

UNDERSTAND: there is nothing inherently wrong with a career in railroading or blue collar.

but the question is, is it right for YOU and is it what you REALLY WANT or are you selling your soul?
-------------------------------------------------------

also - LOTS OF PEOPLE - MOST PEOPLE - in the world work to get a paycheck. guess what percentage of the world is really doing what they WANT TO DO? i would wager is lower than 30%... perhaps faaaaaaaaar lower.

she has this idea (and it is an idea propagated by most dj theory and other self help sources) that you always go after what you want in your heart of hearts and you don't let fear or life circumstance or anything else from keeping you from constantly reaching for your dreams. but ya gotta think that most of the world doesn't live happy, fulfilled lives for some reason....

--------------------------------------------------------

no matter where you are, girls can compare you to better. even if you were "white collar" she could ask you why you're not ultra white? or executive or whatever.

but the point she is conveying i think is not so much that you are blue collar but that you are compromising or chickening out. that in your heart of hearts, you are NOT doing what you REALLY WANT TO BE DOING. and again, it is now your question - are you? if not, then say NO! and stand by your choice.

-------------------------------------------------------

i had a similar question about how hot chicks go for rich guys... but someone reminded me that not all girls are the same. if you insist on dating the corporate executive chick who has a favorite kind of lear jet, yeah, you might have problems. but there are plenty of chicks that have simpler tastes and different ideas about how life is supposed to be.

--------------------------------------------------------

i hope you understand that what i wrote here was not at all an attack or a judgment on you.

it's about reminding you that she has asked you a question - and that questions is causing you a bit of turmoil. and i'm reminding you that you just have to ask yourself now - do you agree with her or not.

once you answer that for yourself, i don't think you'll have a problem.

---------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: you said that you are not someone who's dreamed of doing SOMETHING since they were 10 years old. that's cool and valid.

but what about NOW. you SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT NOW. to a certain extent, your sentiment about it being a steady job and stuff does sound like something from a generation or two ago. is there some extenuating circumstance in your life that compels you to go after stability?

cuz maybe, just maybe, that shouldn't be the most important thing to think about. maybe it is. yours to answer.

you didn't want something since you were 10. fine. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOURSELF NOW? if it is railroading, go for it.

delta

p.s. a girl has posed this kind of question to me too (recently in fact) and that is why my answer is so long... i've thought about it too. for me, it wasn't about my job but my simple, spartan lifestyle. and for me, the thing that i've come away from the question is that i didn't really think much about WHAT I WANTED FOR MYSELF. i kind of just ACCEPTED what i had.

for me, it came from coming from a poor family i think. you just learn to accept things as they are. you don't question it.

but as a grown up and as a man, ACCEPTANCE is perhaps a VERY bad trait.

the idea is to CULTIVATE YOUR DESIRES and then STRIVE TO GET THEM! you are able bodied, you are young, you have the resource of energy. TRY TO GET WHAT YOU WANT.

and man, that was really a valid lesson for me.