Frat Guys = DJs?

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Joining a frat will not make you a DJ over night, trust me. Im in a fraternity, but i didnt join becuz of the women. I was friends with a couple of guys that were in one, hung out with them for a while then joined becuz of the brotherhood. I mean dont get me wrong, a lot of my brothers can get girls like its second nature. One of my brothers walked by a girl one night when we were having a party and told her to "get the fvck out of the way" then she followed him to his room and then they screwed, and she was pretty dang hot.

Some have game and some dont. My big brother in my fraternity can pull girls like it aint nothing. And i cant even get a girl to carry on a five min. conversation with me,the furthest ive been with a chick is a hug. But im still hanging in there and practicing. Theres two parties tonight at a couple other frats, maybe somethin will happen. Knock on wood.

But dont join a frat just to get girls. Cuz it really is a lifetime decision. If you get in and realize this aint for you its hard to get out. Oh yeah, pledging is a bytch. Just got done pledging 2 months ago. We didnt have to do too much stupid stuff. The frat im in doesnt see the point in making pledges do the typical "frat" stuff. I mean, we did do some stupid stuff a couple times, but i deffinitely had fun. The most fun that you will never want to have again. Im a brother now, and loving every minute of it, even though im not getting any action from chicks.

Choose the one that fits you, man.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being in a frat (unless it's a geeky one) gives you increased social status and therefore will most likely help you out with ladies...
That is it right there. The social status thing.

But it doesnt mean youre a DJ cause youre in a frat. There are some dudes I know that happen to be Asian in fraternities, and these guys are AFC so much that men can tell theyre desperate. Women think theyre creepy.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
That is it right there. The social status thing.

But it doesnt mean youre a DJ cause youre in a frat. There are some dudes I know that happen to be Asian in fraternities, and these guys are AFC so much that men can tell theyre desperate. Women think theyre creepy.
Oh yeah...bunch of drunken hooligans with decaying moral values. Very high social status indeed.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being in a frat doesn't make you good at picking up women, if that's what you're asking.

But it does give you a key to enter a world that is filled with parties, booze, and easy girls.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah...bunch of drunken hooligans with decaying moral values. Very high social status indeed.
That's an incredible misconception if I ever heard one.
You shouldn't base everything off of "Animal House".

Fraternity = high social status at colleges, same as sorority.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's not "Frat Guys = DJs" but more "Frat Guys = Young, drunk, exploring their newfound freedom girls with lowered inhibitions and the convenience of a bed five feet away"

Alexi

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you all for your feedback. Yea, I think social status, and hanging out with some of my buds will make my college experience more enjoyable.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Frat Guys = Young, drunk, exploring their newfound freedom girls with lowered inhibitions and the convenience of a bed five feet away"
Ok this stereotyping is going a bit far. Fraternity guys don't get girls drunk and and rape them, because thats what rape is.

Devestator

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're both drunk, do you rape each other?

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, only men can legally consent when drunk.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
Thank you for displaying your ignorance now so we know to disregard your future postings...
Where I'm from, we look down at frats. ALL frats. That's how it is. PERIOD. No 'if's 'and's or 'but's. Just because I'm not were you're from and we look at things differently, it doesn't make me ignorant.

So take your elitist attitude elsewhere. Not everyone shares your opinion. I only stated mine which I have every right to do. I did not impose my beliefs on others by calling them ignorant for disagreeing with my views as you just did.

"Thank you for displaying your ignorance now so we know to disregard your future postings..."

"We"? Speak for yourself. And go ahead, ignore my future posts. See if I care.

Your loss.

PYROTAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha canadians.

well in america for the most part frats are just a bunch of guys having fun...

there is no reason to diss the whole system because your experiences with it are different.

you should relax and have an open mind.

the type of frat scene really depends on the caliber of school that you goto.

phi kap sig.
we have that on my campus.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do colleges only have frats? Or do Universities have them too? How does the system work?

BTW, how do you join a frat? I ve read some stuff on Rushes, but for me the problem may be financial, if what I hear is right - frats are very expensive. Am I right?

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can range from $75-200 for the pledging fee, and then another $100-300 at the end of the semester for dues.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can we stop saying frat? It's a fraternity.

You don't call your country a c-u-n-t do you?

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disconnect
Do colleges only have frats? Or do Universities have them too? How does the system work?
In the US, "college" and "university" are interchangeable. It is confusing to Canadians, Brits, and just about everyone else.

Regarding fraternities: My friends and I used to be regulars at a house. It was two doors away and had cheap booze and lots of chicks. For the brothers, hooking up with the girls was no problem: when the puck guys were having too much success, kick them out to lower the competiton.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from Canada, and I can tell you that frats aren't nearly as big of a deal as they are in the US. My campus has like 5...and I go to a very large school.
Deal is that most of the guys who join frats are guys who don't believe that they can make friends on their own, so they pay some dough to get the opportunity to do it. It's like honor for the sake of honor, and respect for the sake of respect. It's not real at the beginning.
Same with sororities. Most hot girls in canada do not even go near sororities or fraternities...I guess it has something to do with the free-thinking attitude of most canadians. I find, in my personal experience, that Canadians are more independent, whereas Americans like to be part of a collective consciousness. Frats are not appealing in canada due to the lack of independence. Basically, the attitude is " I ain't payin 400 bucks to make friends and have to follow arbitrary orders"

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
Where I'm from, we look down at frats. ALL frats. That's how it is. PERIOD. No 'if's 'and's or 'but's. Just because I'm not were you're from and we look at things differently, it doesn't make me ignorant.
It doesn't make anyone else ignorant for stating OUR opinions too.

I'm in a fraternity...Actually, helped start one. It's fun, but our main goal isn't to wear letters to get girls. Hell, most of us are in relationships anyway (with girls, mind you.) You look down at frats. So be it. I look down on people who don't try and look at things from all perspectives. Not all frats are bad, so lighten up.