Frat Guys = DJs?

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
In America, fraternities are about networking. They have big houses, funding and mean something in later life.

In Canada, frats are about people getting kicked out of a dorm and looking for somewhere they can live without having anyone to cosign their lease. They have rundown shacks, no funding, and are something you will never admit to in later life.

Overall, everything post secondary related in Canada is about killing time till someone dies so you can take their job.

In America it's about social standing.

When I write my educational qualifications on a form they say something like, "So, you spent 7 years in University. Hmn. How'd you do in High School?" :rolleyes:

Mjfan12

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry for bumping this.

I am also thinking about joining a frat. I go to the university of illinois at chicago (uic)

I dont know mcuh about the frats here on campus, but only one of them has a house, and one of my friends who I went to highschool with is in it.

I want to meet new people. I mean, I made many "friends" during my first year, but none of them I would consider good friends. I mean we only hung out at school, and never outside of it.

I'm looking for friends that I can depend on and we can go hanging out during the weekends.

I am not planning to do it for girls, but if that happens, then thats cool.

I plan on being a lawyer, so I REALLY need to start networking early on to help me out later in life.

I mean a lot of sucessful people were a part of frats, and I hope to be among them.

here are the frats in my campus
which ones are good? which ones dont haze? and which ones are national?

Alpha Gamma Chi
Alpha Epsilon Pi
Alpha Phi Alpha
Beta Phi Pi
Zeta Psi
Theta Xi
Kappa Alpha Psi
Kappa Alpha Psi
Kappa Alpha Psi
Sigma Alpha Mu
Sigma Lambda Beta
Tau Phi Sigma
Phi Beta Sigma
Chi Sigma Tau
Omega Delta

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to find a good frat, talk to sorority girls. They'll tell you which frats throw best parties and are the most fun guys, etc.

Mjfan12

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
If you want to find a good frat, talk to sorority girls. They'll tell you which frats throw best parties and are the most fun guys, etc.
I dont know any sorority girls lol. all the girls I know arent in one.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you can't find a sorority girl on campus, you're not talking to enough girls...

read the bible and get out there.