flaxseeds just as bad as soy?

treefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the smart people here know that soy products can raise your estrogen levels because soy contains phytoestrogens(in the form of isoflavones) which mimic estrogen on our bodies. Well I found out that flaxseed contains lignan which also is a phytoestrogen. So does this mean that flaxseed, like soy, will raise estrogen levels?

treefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well we know that if you give it to women it reduces menopause symptoms because it has a similar affect as esttrogen. Do some google searches and check out the second page on the "milk" post, someone there mentions some of soys effects.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because something helps with menopause doesn't mean it raises estrogen in men. Maybe you should stop listening to rumors.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that, but there's also evidence that women live longer than males because their systems don't get all erratic due to testosterone...

I still stick to meat though, very traditional and I'd probably get stomped by some estrogen fueled body builder if I tried to AMOG a group of people that were vegetarians.

Don't worry about the estrogen levels. Just don't be filling your body with single source vitamins. Your body won't like you for it, so it's probably best that it's turning you into a girl.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well that's news to me, but the article still says soy is perfectly healthy for men. Just don't eat 30 times as much as you would normally eat and you'll be fine :rolleyes:

steroidsrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
if your worried about estrogen, inject some testosterone into your butt = ]

treefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I'm wondering, however, is whether flaxseed would have the same effect on estrogen as soy does since they both contain phytoestrogens?