Field Report: When suicide comes to mind too often during one only night!

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duamutef
Oh my God...

I wish I was making this up, but sadly I'm not a troll! :mad:

It's all true. I know that maybe your successful life of 19-years-old boy makes impossible for you to believe in my misfortunes, but it's all true.

And please, avoid being sarcastic. It just does not suit you, together with your pathetic condescence. You're no guru, my friend.

Anyway, I'm waiting for decent answers, and ideas. If I should improve, make me know how, instead of just typing random words and then hitting 'submit'

I know you can do it, Shezzler! :rolleyes:
Actually mate, he is a guru.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Rule number one...

Do NOT flirt with Wyldfire. She is just one of "the guys"...and old enough to be your mother.

ROFL! Wyld you rock!...

On a side note that ", my friend" after every sentence is really really irritating. These people don't consider you their friend and if they're half as frustrated as I am reading it i can understand their responses. I'd suggest dropping the plesantries and just speaking normally. Take a listen to Tony Robbins - he's got some good material and is a very good speaker.

dipset_mafia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Besides the persistant arguing and fighting on this thread, it's pretty boring..

Duamutef, I've read the other responses, and it's great that you're out trying hard, however it is also important to not try too hard, by the sounds of your post you're creating a lot of akward situations for yourself, and others... it was painful to read your initial post.. PAINFUL.. definetely read the bible.

wlyd...

Oh...and you'll have more luck making cold approaches anywhere but a bar. Women know that most guys at bars who approach are trying to pick them up. Their guard is way, way up. If you're going out to approach women you should do it anywhere but a bar.
I know what you're saying.. but at the same time, in a bar situation, when they're expecting to be picked up, they're also not as surprised by it, and it works to your advantage in many cases... bars/dance bars/clubs are engineered to make cold approaches easier.. while you're waiting for your drink, you can always smile at an attractive woman also ordering a drink, and work from there.. theres millions of opportunities - but the pressure is higher, and the ***** shields are up, so it makes it 10x easier if you're completely confident and your appearance is acceptable to her and her friends..... .

but that was really obvious.:woo:

Duamutef

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by syncmaster
On a side note that ", my friend" after every sentence is really really irritating. These people don't consider you their friend and if they're half as frustrated as I am reading it i can understand their responses. I'd suggest dropping the plesantries and just speaking normally. Take a listen to Tony Robbins - he's got some good material and is a very good speaker.
Pursuing friendship with you people is becoming quite a chore. Who is this Tony Robbins now? I just want to avoid flaming every single person that answers this fvcking post, my canadian friend (oops I did it again, what a dumbass!) - you just jumped on the 'let's annoy the Italian troll' bandwagon, that's so sad, I truly thought you were far more sociable than that. Aren't you the Topanga guy?

The way towards social acceptance is hard sometimes. I try and walk it by calling everyone my friend. You do it by wearing a white hat. It's difficult to say which is more ridicolous, but we're just human beings, so give me a break, mon ami.

Nous sommes ici seulement pour parler en peu. Il faut chercher de ne pas nous casser le cous, mon frère.

Duamutef

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, that's the one. She specializes in Infrared Imaging. She was a member of the NIMS team with Galileo, too. She and her team actually found and named a new asteroid a few years back. She also had the cover of Astronomy magazine once in an article she co-wrote. She was also part of the education team and went around to schools all over the country. That, in conjunction with all the worldwide travel she does. She's working out of Goddard now, but used to be at JPL. How long have you got to finish school? If you're close to finishing I could ask her where you should start out in your job search. She supervises and hires and fires members of her team, so if you're going to graduate soon and there are any openings I can ask her to take a look at your resume. She's a bit of a hard ass and demands that people work hard and do their best...but she's very appreciative of those who deserve it.
I'm flattered, Wyld. Thank you for your offer. By the way I feel your sister isn't going to consider my resume too soon... I'm a rookie, and she's kind of a genius - she would surely spit on my fat face! :(

By the way I should take a degree this year in Aerospace Constructions and Structures - I'll need to do what we call 'specialization' in Italy, that lasts two years, and then I would like to take a master degree in Space Exploration (it's quite expensive though - it costs 16000 €, I should work my ass out to pay it!)

I would like to work in the States, but obtaining a green card is too difficult... I also considered getting married just to have the citizenship (how cunning of me! :p )

Boeing Aerospace, for example, allows you to work with them in the USA without green card only if you have a long experience (10 years at least...)

At least for the first years, I should work in Europe... Italy is maybe the world leader in Aerospace Engineering (just think about the Eurofighter Typhoon or the Tornado), so I should start from my country... but I am not sure about the future... :confused:

Duamutef

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by syncmaster
I'm not jumping on a bandwagon - i'm stating the obvious.
Turning my very words againgst me, huh? :p

Too bad I'm in a good mood today. I know I ought ask sorry for my lame behaviour, especially to Shezzler (come to think of it, he just wants to be useful to us... :wave: ) but am also sure you will understand that the last weekend was a complete shyt for me and completely altered my normal conduct... I saw the latina girl at the university canteen, and she told me: ''I missed you, how are you doing.'' I said: ''I'm really good, since I've seen you. You really made my day.'' - she said: ''I can't wait for it to be friday so that we can be together again''

Wow!

I played cool, by the way. I don't want to spoil the moment... I'll try and ask her number friday. If she refuses, you will immediately be able to understand it, as I will behave like a complete whining idiot once more. :D

So be prepared, you never know.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats cool man - we all have our bad days. Shezz and I score just as much as we don't. You don't hear about the "not scoring" as much because it's not as glamorous. You will get better. I say the best tip i can advise right now is be very aware of your behavior. Do not let your emotions control your state. Be very self critical and analyze everything you do AFTER you've done it. If a set doesn't open, sit down at the bar - order a drink and write down what you think you did right and what you think you did wrong. Do that after every set and you'll start to notice a pattern in things that work.
As a general rule of thumb... be more of an ass than a nice guy. Trust me - it gets you a lot further. Don't be mean - but don't treat them as though they're your sweetheart w/ the cute talk. Even in an ltr i'd use it sparingly. Think about it this way... what makes her sweet? You've just met the girl - does the lucky roll of the genetic dice make her sweet? Nope... does the fact that shes talking to you make her sweet... Nope. What is she doing thats making her a sweetheart? Nothing! She has to prove this to you. By calling her a sweetheart you are basically telling her upfront "I'm interested in you and you can have me." People want a challenge. Be a challenge for her.
- Cheers.

---- Maverick.

Duamutef

Banned
Reaction score
Maverick, you're the best. And not just only because all Aerospace Engineers LOVE Top Gun... ^_^

Thank you, your advice is very precious to me.

Duamutef

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rec_rejection_phobic
i would have put my tail between my lets and run...

haw do you deal with it?
Simple, I just do not give a fvck. Life is short, God does not exist, people is not as important as you think, their opinion is even less important, and most importantly your dignity, self-consideration and happiness should come from the inside, and not from the others.

You'll never satisfy anyone completely if you do not think about yourself first. Maybe that's just the way it is...

Last edited:

Duamutef

Banned
Reaction score
(place a useful phrase inside here, full of insight and intelligence, that will make you forget this is just a bump... :D )

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BWAHAHAH!!!

Did a search on thoughts of "suicide" and got this thread.
Damn great ideas, so it deserves a bump.

Special notice should be given to Shezzler's use of techniques, especially the backturn.

Edit to say: Anybody know why this guy is banned?