Factors that get a man bumped down on the looks scale

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard the typical woman rates 80% of men below average.
That's true and it's a feature of the increasing abundance that most women have, especially White American women.

Just under 50% should rate below average, not 80%.

Balding. -2 points easily.
Yes, balding is a factor. So are bad teeth, dressing sloppy, and some other appearance factors. This thread has touched on some status and personality issues. There are status and personality factors that can lower a man's overall appeal, such as unemployment or a bad vibe (autism spectrum can create vibes in women where they don't get "all the feelz").

I’ve probably had a solid 1/3 of my relationships come from work. I don’t regret single one.
There is a certain convenience factor in doing this.

I would say that being friends with women from work is low risk.
It's lower risk, so long as you don't veer conversations into topics that might create concerns about any form of harassment. When talking to women in a white collar work setting, I recommend safer topics. Talking about hobbies (non-sexual) and food are usually acceptable.

Having female friends from work/female acquaintances has the potential to help with getting social circle dating setups. If a man is able to befriend a woman with unmarried/single friends, he might get an introduction. For a lot of mid-tier men, this is how they get into longer term relationships and avoid the failure loop of tech-based dating methods. Tech-based dating methods skew in favor of upper tier men a lot more.

For lunch at work, I typically dine solo in the breakroom. Dining solo is pretty common at my workplace; there's no stigma (in fact, some employees want so much solitude, they eat in their car).

Even though I wasn't in the workforce yet 20 years ago, I'd venture to guess breaks/lunch at work were more social 20 years ago. I blame smartphones for why solo breaks/lunch have become the norm (for a lot of employees, break/lunch are a time to be on your smartphone; not to talk to others).

Sometimes I go to a place on the ground floor of my office building that sells food (it's a lot like a Starbucks, only locally-owned).
I finished college in 2005 and went into the white collar workforce. That's nearly 20 years ago at this point. In my first job out of college, that workplace did have a strong breakroom. There was a television in it and I recall more silence watching TV shows (streaming didn't exist yet, and Netflix was still disc rental by mail).

Even in the mid-2000s, the sociability of breaks/lunch at work depended upon the break room setup and even if the workplace had a break room. Workplaces without good break rooms weren't very social then.

The main, common areas of office buildings can be decent areas for approaches. Hallways are where the approaches usually happen or outdoors in a courtyard.

Many office buildings have cafes/lunchrooms that sell food and drinks. Those are good for being social with a co-worker but rarely good for an approach.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true and it's a feature of the increasing abundance that most women have, especially White American women.

Yes, balding is a factor. So are bad teeth, dressing sloppy, and some other appearance factors. This thread has touched on some status and personality issues. There are status and personality factors that can lower a man's overall appeal, such as unemployment or a bad vibe (autism spectrum can create vibes in women where they don't get "all the feelz").

It's lower risk, so long as you don't veer conversations into topics that might create concerns about any form of harassment. When talking to women in a white collar work setting, I recommend safer topics. Talking about hobbies (non-sexual) and food are usually acceptable.

Having female friends from work/female acquaintances has the potential to help with getting social circle dating setups. If a man is able to befriend a woman with unmarried/single friends, he might get an introduction. For a lot of mid-tier men, this is how they get into longer term relationships and avoid the failure loop of tech-based dating methods. Tech-based dating methods skew in favor of upper tier men a lot more.

I finished college in 2005 and went into the white collar workforce. That's nearly 20 years ago at this point. In my first job out of college, that workplace did have a strong breakroom. There was a television in it and I recall more silence watching TV shows (streaming didn't exist yet, and Netflix was still disc rental by mail).

Even in the mid-2000s, the sociability of breaks/lunch at work depended upon the break room setup and even if the workplace had a break room. Workplaces without good break rooms weren't very social then.

The main, common areas of office buildings can be decent areas for approaches. Hallways are where the approaches usually happen or outdoors in a courtyard.

Many office buildings have cafes/lunchrooms that sell food and drinks. Those are good for being social with a co-worker but rarely good for an approach.

Remember. Women are not bound by ‘Sexual Harassment’ policies. I could write a book about the inappropriate and sexual things coworkers have said to me.

And that is your opening. As long as you keep your banter at the level they give you.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
That's true and it's a feature of the increasing abundance that most women have, especially White American women
More precisely, the abundance so many of them imagine
they have

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to this video, being 5'0" is equivalent to being a murderer or child molester:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@GoodMan32

Being short is definitely a huge one ... I'm talking like 5'4" or even less. A white guy of this height, which would be relatively rare, would honestly struggle in the dating market.

Balding is another one but can vary from individual to individual. Every guy will look less attractive if they are balding, it can range from being a death sentence to slightly lowering your attractiveness.
So it is OVER for ShortBaldCels?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just remembered there's a female coworker I think I mentioned on here that I'd catch checking me out a lot in 2021. She still works with me. Come to find out, however, she had a boyfriend all along.
She was silently putting you in her parking orbit.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure that this type of social circle ever really helps. It seems that this type of social circle will only try to set you up with fat chicks. :mad:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure that this type of social circle ever really helps. It seems that this type of social circle will only try to set you up with fat chicks. :mad:
I don't think it is only fat women but I'm sure there are plenty of fat women set up attempts.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You're right, a man being on the spectrum can lead to a woman getting bad vibes.

In some cases, it might not even be one specific thing the man did; just the overall vibe the woman gets from him.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember. Women are not bound by ‘Sexual Harassment’ policies. I could write a book about the inappropriate and sexual things coworkers have said to me.

And that is your opening. As long as you keep your banter at the level they give you.
Well-said. I have one female coworker that I mentioned on a recent post is my work spouse.

She makes all sorts of sex-related comments. I do too (with her; not with the typical employee). The key is, as you pointed out, to let the woman set the bar.

I only started making these type comments with her after figuring out she likes that type of banter.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right, a man being on the spectrum can lead to a woman getting bad vibes.

In some cases, it might not even be one specific thing the man did; just the overall vibe the woman gets from him.
This doesn't solely happen to neurodivergent men. Plenty of neurotypical men get accused of giving women bad vibes.