Dumped my single mom plate.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen her in a couple of months, her teenage daughters are out of control and she's finishing nursing school, so she has no time. But she wants to call me late at night after she finishes studying and talk. She's been complaining that all I wanted from her was sex and that I was ashamed to be seen with her in public, which is really not true...but when I do see her I'm usually broke and I'm not going out to spend money. So last night she starts whining about that, and I just tell her point blank, this isn't working, I never get to see you, your life and mine are very busy and I want someone I can spend more time with, I think we should just go our separate ways. She got real quiet and then said all I wanted from her was sex. I told her she couldn't give me anything I wanted right now from companionship to sex to a being a life partner. Her life is just to full to have me in it. Then I told her I had to go and got off the phone.

ChumpNoMore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well handled.

Although when they press you to rationalize or for explanations it can get messy because using chick logic they will turn it around and somehow put the blame on you of course, irregardless of their ongoing poor behaviours. I am guilty of this, feeling the need to retort and attempt to get them to accept their accountability rather than just Houdini. Call me a philathropist trying to do my part for future men LOL.

Single moms = FB at best, you and how they value your time will *always* be well down their list of priorities.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. I will not settle for a single Mom until I am MINIMUM 40 years old. Even then, I will try my hardest to avoid it and go for hot late 20's early 30's with no children.

They key to being an older guy and getting younger women is looking good. You have to be willing to work out and watch your diet pretty religiously.

Anyway, back on topic... single moms for me are just for sex. I will either state this openly or imply it by my actions (such as only seeing them once or twice a week, sleeping with them, then leaving ASAP).

Of course, they will always try to get you into a relationship. And yes, you will inevitably hurt them. But that's the way it goes. They chose to be single moms, these are the consequences.

The dating world is harsh, brtual and uncaring. If you're not on top of your game, and physically fit (a big one too many guys slack on), then women will walk all over you, even single Moms. I'm at the point where I no longer have any sympathy.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I haven't seen her in a couple of months, her teenage daughters are out of control and she's finishing nursing school, so she has no time. But she wants to call me late at night after she finishes studying and talk. She's been complaining that all I wanted from her was sex and that I was ashamed to be seen with her in public, which is really not true...but when I do see her I'm usually broke and I'm not going out to spend money. So last night she starts whining about that, and I just tell her point blank, this isn't working, I never get to see you, your life and mine are very busy and I want someone I can spend more time with, I think we should just go our separate ways. She got real quiet and then said all I wanted from her was sex. I told her she couldn't give me anything I wanted right now from companionship to sex to a being a life partner. Her life is just to full to have me in it. Then I told her I had to go and got off the phone.
I have always been of the opinion to not mess around with single moms. Period. To each his own though. Gotta say warrior, you sure did handle that one right! :up:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You handled this perfectly. I really really try not to treat women like pieces of meat, because I think to myself "well they are people too, with mothers and fathers, etc." but that's really just counterproductive.

Single moms really are only good for sex, at least for a single guy. And they want to to get fvcked too. If they want a family structure, they need to be looking for older guys or single dads, IMO.

In$tinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
If they want a family structure, they need to be looking for older guys or single dads, IMO.

This is no joke! I am a single father with full-custody of my two sons, and once a single mother finds that out; I can do nothing wrong. They seriously just set themselves up for P & D by how eager they are to find the "one".

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If it seems like you're "only interested in sex", maybe she should consider the possibility that she isn't offering anything appealing BESIDES sex.

Women seem to think that having children automatically entitles them to be labelled "relationship material". If the father couldn't stand you, why should a stranger rush into a relationship with you un-checked?

I'll tell you what...I've hung out with women for a WHILE after the sex because boring. I've hung out with them because I see redeeming traits in them and I keep hoping (in vain) that they can get over their personal problems and become the beautiful person that I see they WANT to be, deep inside.

Inevitably I get dissapointed. And all the while she gets on my case for "just wanting sex", as if she expects after a month or two of dating, I'm supposed to just "default" into relationship-mode, even if I don't see her as "relationship material".

People are lazy, passive-aggressive entitlement-cases. F*ck this world. :p

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People are lazy, passive-aggressive entitlement-cases. squirrels....get this. I know a woman who has a 37 yr old daughter with 3 kids by 3 different guys, none of whom pay support. The daughter is on food stamps, unemployment for the last two years, one of the kids is on SSI, etc. And of course they are all covered by medicaid (100%). She wants me to fix her daughter up with this friend of mine, or that friend of mine. I won't do it! F that! That would not be a good thing to do to a buddy. Point is, she thinks her daughter is relationship material. So does the daughter. I don't think so!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my problem with single moms AND career girls. They don't have enough time for you, and they can't make you their priority. Despite all the complaints about the single moms here, sounds like you might have been all right if she hadn't been in nursing school.

By the way, I liked the classy way you broke up with her. Probably made it as clean and painless as it could have been - making it clear that it was more the circumstances you were rejecting as opposed to her.

1 Lucky FLIP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats! I like how you handled it too.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single mothers do not get any smarter when they get older --

Two months ago I started dating a divorced women (H) with two young adult childen . Both kids have recently flown the nest. Her daughter (P) left to shack up with her B/f , and her computer nerd son (T) took off for college in another state where he met his computer nerd g/f (M).

Anyway, H informed me a week ago that her son and his g/f were coming home for a few days over Easter. No problem.

I have been spending a few nights a week at H's house for the past six weeks or so. Things were cruising along nicely. I usually took a few shirts and a change of clothes so that I could go to work as soon as I got the first early call - usually about 7:30am.

So come Friday morning , H and g/f rolled in and Mom installed them in the guestroom.
Next morning came around and I was drinking coffee and waiting for my first call . No calls. No call by 9am. I checked my phone on the kitchen counter and it was shut off. I never shut my phone down so I mentioned it to H. She said," Oh, I turned it off."
Me, " WHY, you know I get calls around 7:30 onwards ! "
She," I know, but the kids had a long flight and I thought that they might like to sleep-in. Your phone would wake them up ."
Me..spluttering incredulously," You shut my phone off without asking me knowing that I always get sales call early ,and you did it because you wanted your son to.... ?"
At this point I just shook my head and walked out.

There was a time long ago when I would have taken a few hours later that night and sat her down and explained to her in fine detail why her action was out of line. I would have gone to lengths to convince her that she had no business shutting my phone off and why her priorities are all screwed up.
Not this time.
When she called me later I just said that obviously we see things very differently and she would be more suited to someone else...bye bye .

She defended her actions and tried the usually shaming tactics on me .
Next.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Again the HUGE power that lies in INDIFFERENCE. Over and Out.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women truly are sisters! I just went through this crap, like you Warrior! I too, was blamed for wanting and using her for sex. I handled it just like you. Basically told her she offered nothing else because of her lack of time spent with me.

Difference in our situation is she went straight Ghetto and was hitting below the belt along with her trashy mouth because I finally put a stop to her game.

Amazing!!!!! Funny how they act alike.

Single moms are really only good for nut busting in my experience. Otherwise, you get sucked in after giving them a chance at more. And guys get hammered for not giving "Single Moms" a chance. I am so sick of seeing the single mom tag. Like FVCK, I am just plain SINGLE!!!!

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through withdrawals of a 6 year relationship with a single mom. I had a blast boning, but the constant drama and massive amounts of baggage associated with it make me wonder if I should have manned up a longass time ago.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2crudedudes said:
I'm going through withdrawals of a 6 year relationship with a single mom. I had a blast boning, but the constant drama and massive amounts of baggage associated with it make me wonder if I should have manned up a longass time ago.
Oh man, that is a long time to spend with one "single mom" and YOU cannot get that time back. The unfortunate thing is when you get my age, they ALL have kids. It is damn near impossible to find one that doesn't.

I found one and met her last night. She lied about her size and it was more of a social experiment. I knew something was up because of no body shots. She had to weigh about 250-275 in person and When I met her, I was trying to bite my arm off to get away.

Single mom, I HATE hearing or seeing that. Christ, just say you are single and if you have kids, then fine, it will come out. It just screams, "My kids will always be before anything else."

I could be wrong, a good one may be out there, but she is elusive to me.

tinctrar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been very lucky in my single mom experiences. I have a single mom plate right now and the sex is amazing! (probably cause she is in great shape 5ft tall 100 pounds...)

I guess its all how you play your cards. If the intent is made at the beginning that it is strictly sexual then your a-ok.

But one plate scared me big time a few years back. She started telling me she wanted kids with me (after two months) and I hit the eject button. What sucks is that I just saw her the other day and she is modeling now. Damn!

It is what it is...right fellas?

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone said that the key to getting younger women is really just being in shape. I've got to go with that. I've been working out and put some size on my arms & shoulders and it's night & day. I don't have to approach, I just smile and they open me now. Older ones that are jaded & cynical still need game, but to the younger ones my status as the older guy that has his **** together just oozes off of me and they can sense it. I think that gap in age makes them more sensitive to the different between us whereas women closer to my age are A) more cynical and B) less aware of my status since they're closer to where I'm at in life.

Anyway, if you're older and want younger women, GET IN SHAPE. If you've got a good job and have your head toether (inner game), then you really don't need outer game since your status as the put together older guy will do wonders for you to the point you're the 19 year old hot chick with big tits standing around wtih a cloud of guys around her offering to buy her drinks. If you're in your 30s there's no reason that can't be you.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done the single mom thing a few times and they're usually great in bed. But they're truly wacked in the head, for sure. The big red flag for me is when they start insisting I meet the kid(s).

And don't believe a woman when she says, "I'm not looking for a father for my kid, she already has one." If the kid is 10 or under you can bet she's looking for a *second* father for the child.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I've done the single mom thing a few times and they're usually great in bed. But they're truly wacked in the head, for sure. The big red flag for me is when they start insisting I meet the kid(s).

And don't believe a woman when she says, "I'm not looking for a father for my kid, she already has one." If the kid is 10 or under you can bet she's looking for a *second* chump provider for the child.
*Fixed

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:

And don't believe a woman when she says, "I'm not looking for a father for my kid, she already has one." If the kid is 10 or under you can bet she's looking for a *second* father for the child.

Even my single mom plate with two teenage daughters still held out for the fantasy of someone to come and save her. She hated her best friend (who looked like Reese Witherspoon) because she found a guy to take care of her and her two kids. A guy making 125k a year, so now she can sit on her ass and spend his money all day and buy her kids **** with his money. My plate constantly and bitterly complained about what a ****ty person her friend was...but it was pure jealousy. I noticed that most of her gripping with me would come after a grip session about her friend. She would compare her life and try to get me to slave for her like that. But it wasn't gonna happen and she knew it.