Dropping out of highschool

Robert Jones

Reaction score
Bottom line is you can be successful with out a high school or college degree but if your plan fails you will find yourself with no options.
Wanting to be rich is a wish everybody has and you are no different.
Dropping out of school now will get you no closer to your goal because it is vague and non specific.
High school graduates become rich less than thoe who drop out because all High School Guarantees is a Monkey Job, where as college guarantees you a little more as a teacher is better than a monkey
So the bottom for the majority of people looks like this
    • High School Drop Out- Nothing
    • High School Grad- Monkey Job
    • 4 Year College Degree- Teacher
    • MBA or Higher- Professor at a College
Success on the other hand has nothing to do with school and all about desire.
The desire to be rich is a wish and if you fail and drop out of school you will have nothing to fall back on.

Robert Jones

Reaction score
DogFashionDisco said:
I'd be learning what I want, learning about how money works, and actually learning from successful people, without any distractions. As well as work out.
I don't want to get a job, and so I'm liking this idea.
Who are these successful people you are going to learn from that will give you the knowledge they have for free?

Reaction score
ExploringOne said:
Shhhhh (keep that to yourself please).

Where am I supposed to hire cheap labor after the illegals are granted amnesty?

The world needs it's janitors...
fukin racist piece of chit

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Employers will see you as a freakin loser if you don't have a highschool diploma. It has nothing to do with knowledge and how much you've learned. Unless you have a very specific plan for making money that you know will support you forever (...ha...), you will be a broke-ass bum working the register at Target if you don't have a highschool diploma.

You will be looked upon VERY poorly if you don't graduate highschool.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
DogFashionDisco said:
That's great and all, but the point is that I don't want a job.

I want to use my own knowledge to make money, such as maybe advertising for a company online to build up a bit of money, and then invest, buy, and then sell property, or the like. I don't want a piece of paper determining what I can and can't do.

finish high school, there is a LOT to learn from high school (aside from the book stuff) if you drop out of high school now you will have much less chances to socialize, and socialization is a big skill in life.

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
DogFashionDisco said:
They can be, but it's the fact that they will help me in my goal of making money that will motivate me. Something that SINE, CoSINE, mols, and the subject of 'innocence' won't ever do...

Math develops your problem solving abilities. I'm in computer animation, I don't use any of this math stuff hardly ever... but because I learned it all, I understand how to think for myself and come up with solutions. THAT is the important thing.

Listen man, you can't see the forest for the trees. That's the case with most high school students. You think you know best, but you don't.

The more I know, the more I realize how little I actually know. I think that lesson will hit you like a ton of bricks if you drop out.

Seriously, you don't like the teachers, you don't like the classes and you don't like the system? Rise above it, mind over matter. You'll be much better off for it.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mexican_player2 said:
how is that racist?

are you assuming hes talking about mexicans?

well if so, that's your fault. ...there's plenty of immigrants... your fault you assume only mexicans can be immigrants.

Master Bates said:
Employers will see you as a freakin loser if you don't have a high school diploma. It has nothing to do with knowledge and how much you've learned. Unless you have a very specific plan for making money that you know will support you forever (...ha...), you will be a broke-ass bum working the register at Target if you don't have a high school diploma.

You will be looked upon VERY poorly if you don't graduate highschool.
umm, negative. high school diploma is one of those overrated things people don't talk about.

after two years of a community college, GED or HS diploma... it doesn't matter to anyone.

and what about those genius kids who drop out of school REALLY early to get their GED? "freakin loser"?

if you were an employer would you hire the GED kid who's been in college for two years... or the high school diploma kid who's not in college. you're going to hire the high school diploma kid? i think not.

---

high school diploma is overrated... i was even talking about it to my manager today... i never called it overrated until he called it that.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
mexican_player2 said:
Rather than react to idiots who make comments like that...use it as a motivator to focus in school and become far, far more successful than he ever will become.

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just stick it out dude, get that piece of paper with your name on it

Reaction score
Stop being a p*ssy and graduate highschool so you can go to college. If you really want to just get out of highschool then make sure you get the GEP or watever. Unless your going to get a blue-collar job and planning to make 50-60 k tops, I suggest staying in school so you can go to college.

Reaction score
You have all of your life to make money and only two more years of school - what is your hurry!! School is much better than work!!

There is no such thing as "learning to make money"!! You make money by earning it!!! Everyone wants a get-rich-quick scheme nowadays!!!

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
finish high school, there is a LOT to learn from high school (aside from the book stuff) if you drop out of high school now you will have much less chances to socialize, and socialization is a big skill in life.
Please tell me that you are joking. Uh, nobody learns how to socialize in high school in America. Girls might in Europe because most at that age are going to discos where they are forced to deal with a cross section of society. However, in America high school is all about Friday night football and the prom. Trust me, going to the prom is not preparing you for the real world. Going to the disco is.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do it but it's best to stay in school. Reading your situation just sounds like something you wanna do cuz you're bored. Don't do that. Stay in school just live with it. Be thankful you're going to school. You can still make money going to school. It's easier to go to school

nocturnal2

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not buying this kids story. I think the real issue is not having any friends. Highschool should be one of the best times of your life. Nobody who has a social life at that age wants to drop out. It's up to you whether or not you want that to destroy your future, but let me just say this -- if you think for one second an employer is going to even consider you without a highschool education, you are delusional. You know what that tells them? It says you're a lazy unmotivated person who has no goals in life. Would you hire that type of person? I didn't think so. It works the same way with college. Degrees are prefered in most fields, why? Not necessarily because of "job requirements" or an indication of how smart you are, but because it shows dedication and motivation to go that extra yard for the career you want. I know people who have master's degrees in economics and are STILL having a hard time getting a job. If you're so intelligent as you claim, finishing up your remaining years should be no problem at all for you. If you don't graduate, you will shoot yourself in the foot. At the very least, get your GED.

Good luck.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You make your own luck in this world.

But, education is your financial safety net, and benefits you as a person.

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DO NOT DROPOUT. Trust me it will not work out. I know a couple of ppl who have and thought they were going to make it big without an education boy were they wrong. One works at a fast food place tje other one is 24 still living with his parents with no job. You only got two more years left just finish it out. High school is easy just do it. Then you can do what you want and if that doesn't work out than you can have the option of going to college. With no high school dipolma you can't do ****. Even with one these days you can't do a lot. Of course there are people who made it without one but it is really rare plus most of those people are in the entertainment industry.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guy guys are just as biased as everyone else... i'm sure none of you choose who to hire. diplomas are overrated... anyone with two years in college with a GED has the same chance as a diploma kid with two years of college.

if dropping out is what you want to do... get your GED *ASAP*! do not wait a few years until you lose information.

once you get your GED take tour SATs and ACTs.

and then go to college... don't quit education at high school and never go back... finish college.

dropping out with no GED is the dumbest thing you could do... not going to college is even dumber if you quit all together.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also had the talk of dropping out of high school. I had no money, plan, or common sense. I talked to a few people and they persuaded me to continue my education.

It has been the best experience of my life since I decided to stay. It was the second best decision I made next to not killing myself. Trust me, stay in school and go to a university. You will have a ball. they will test you and expand your mind. High School is just to make everyone have a decent amount of knowledge.

Even the army needs a GED to join.

High School is just a necessary step to having fun. At least, get the GED. Enjoy life.

comic_relief

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, let me go over this again with some specifics.

I DO NOT want a career. Meaning I DO NOT want to go to an employer and give him my resume for a position. Meaning I want to be my own boss. It's more possible than you think.

When I said I wanted to spend my time learning about economics and marketing and ****, I mean I want to learn it for my own benefit; to understand how business works. Not to help me become an economist or something.

And yes, I do have a plan. I'm getting into the internet marketing area (affiliate marketing, etc.), and I'm coming up with some great ideas (and yes, I'm doing my research about whats already out there and how a successful internet marketeer succeeds), and I have little doubt that I'll be able to get some significant income from it (plus getting a day or night job and doing some random money earning work is gonna help too. Once I have enough money, I'll invest it, then when I have enough I'll become an entrepreneuer). I know that I'm making this sound easy when it is obviously not, but I would be working hard at it should I drop out.

Plus, I'm fed up with the highschool social life. It seriously is all about friday night football and the prom (sparky0000), which is totally gay. I'd rather spend this time learning and working, and then have my fun when it's actually legal to buy alcohol.

I haven't made my decision yet, and have to do a few things before I could even drop out. But I would be getting my GED, and would consider going to college, if I did.

But thank you for the responses. :yes: