Does your job matter?

chanta76

Reaction score
I know that money does matter but how important is it?
Let say I'm making $30,000 a year and I like my job.

But how much of that weighs in a girl decision to go out with me?
Should I go for a career change to make more money?

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends how old you are and how old the girls are.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should try making yourself happy and stop worrying what others think!

NoMoreAFC

Banned
Reaction score
i'm unemployed at the moment and became it when i was dating my ex, and that sure did mattered because she is always criticizing me for doin' nothing although i was and i keep looking for one. here in portugal it's hard as **** to get a job even with a phd.

so i would say getting a job is vital for your relationship

chanta76

Reaction score
to tristan22,
Your right!!
I'm 28 years old and most of the girls I interact are in there mid-20's to late 20's. Some of them are thinking of marriage and want a good provider.
Your jobs matters to these girls at least.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never go for a career change because of women. Do it because you either like money or because you want to improve yourself further. I strongly suggest doing it only if it grants you the opportunity to further improve yourself in terms of knowledge, skills and experience. The ladies and the money will eventually come in time. If you want to be greedy now, you might never see any of them in the future.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does it matter what your date does for a living?
sure it does...
come on you dont want a phone sex babe and you dont want a chick that is never going to advance any further at her job than from fry girl to cashier girl.

themanwithnoname

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl would prefer a guy in the late 20s or early 30s to have a stable 40-50hr job. You should do the same for those unemployed princesses too.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It only matters if you enjoy dating women that judge men on things other than who they really are.

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
shouldn't matter

If you meet a girl and she wants to know how much money you make, well thats not a good thing...If you are happy with your life and enjoy your job, thats what matters. There are so many people out there that hate there jobs eventhough they make a crap load...but someone who doesn't enjoy what they do, actually brings more stress to a relationship. It shouldn't matter how much you make...a girl needs to like you for who you are not for how much money you make...if she cares about your money, you won't have it...trust me i've learned the hardway!

themanwithnoname

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
say what you wanna say, i know that if you're on your own and want to give an "independent" vibe, you have to be working a stable job.

themanwithnoname

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that's true, a girl is willing to date a guy with great personality even though he works part-time than some dronehead who works 40-50hrs.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It only matters if you enjoy dating women that judge men on things other than who they really are.
Not necessarily true. If a woman asks you how much you make you might have a gold digger on your hands. I would never answer such a question.

But if a woman simply inquires if you simply have a full time job or not (perhaps even what you do, but not asking about your income) and you're in your late 20s or beyond, than thats a valid question. Afterall as later years set in they are looking for a provider.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
sure it does...
come on you dont want a phone sex babe and you dont want a chick that is never going to advance any further at her job than from fry girl to cashier girl.
other than the phone sex thing, I think most guys could care less

whitedragon

Reaction score
no job no money

Hey, haha 30 k a year is very good dough to some people, but ah, i wouldnt let that get in the way...

for instance,

i drove a geo metro....piece of crap trust me
no job...
live with parents...

and still i think i got the don juan magic, i can get laid anytime i want (I have three girls in rotation), im confident that i can get at least 3 numbers a nite...

like master p said...its not where ya from, its how ya come...

imagine if i had a job...a nice car...hmmm..i wonder.........

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I'm Joe Dirt
If a woman asks you how much you make you might have a gold digger on your hands. I would never answer such a question.
>>>FAST FORWARD>>>
Afterall as later years set in they are looking for a provider.
"Gold digger?" "Looking for a provider?" Excuse me, isn't that one in the same?????

Scary huh???

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
sure it does...
Why would a guy worry about what she does for a living?
She is not going to be a provider for their family or for him, therefore it doesnt matter what she does.

chance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
people are in love with money too much. it's destroying us. i haven't had a job for like two years or so. i have a gf.

if girls care about you having a job, then what a shame. all i care about is the person, not if they have a job. i guess it depends on how long you have been with the person and if you're living together... you'll need a job to pay the bills, etc.

but yes, alot of women judge us by what job we have. or if we have one at all. those kinda women are the b|tches.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd imagine that it'd matter a little bit.

I rarely, almost never ask people about their jobs. Why? Because most of the time, if you ask someone something, they're likely to ask the same question back.

I get uneasy whenever someone asks me because my frank and honest answer is that I'm unemployed (I get money from my parents and that's how I pay my bills).I wouldn't be surprised if this causes them to feel resentment, because they may be thinking "Why do I have to work and he doesn't?"

I know one girl asked me what I did for a living. I told her the truth, and I could tell she didn't like the answer much. Next time someone asks me, I might try to be funny (i.e. "can't tell you, that's a secret" or "if I tell you I'd have to kill you, and that would be a damn shame").

No earned income, I drive a pickup truck, I live with Mom and Dad, and I have no women. Go figure.

Needless to say, I make a point to avoid talking about how I make my money (because I don't), what car I drive (since it sucks), or my living situation.

Ben

P.S. For the record, I am trying to figure out a source of income. I only say this so you guys won't hate me too.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
honestly, it should matter to some extent. Don't get wrapped up in the women's movement. It's a man's job to take care of a woman... I firmly believe that. I will always make sure that I have lights on/ bills paid/ clothes / food, even if it meant doing somethign I hated, because that's my job in society.

Some of you would be assed out of your father decided he was going to quit his job because it was too stressful.

Now, it's an extreme plus if you can love what you do, trust me, being misable at work is nothign like not having food on the table, struggling to pay bills, etc.