Does becoming muscular really help your game?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It helps.

Ex. i know this guy who was muscular, but not super jacked. Square chin, perfect form, had money, good job, spoke well, from a decent family. Could never pull any women.... I heard women outright diss his looks. But when I looked at the women dissing him...they were all fat, nasty, skanky, not the sort of women you would take home to mom anyway. A couple of years pass by and I see him in the mall, he's engaged to a very feminine very beautiful woman who is on his same level.

The thing is...it takes you off the common playing field. Either people are going to find that attractive, or it will make them feel self concious and they will blow themselves out (in which case they wouldn't have been good for you anyway). Either way it does not hurt you. It only helps.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Warrior.

It definitely can't hurt to work out and get into good shape. It increases your sex drive, increases self-confidence, makes you more visually appealing to women, and puts you in a better mood. I've heard girls I know talking about guys they saw at the gym and how "he's so sexy" and how they'd "love to see what's underneath", etc. It definitely wouldn't hurt if you had women talking about you that way.

However, I think that working out can be counterproductive for some guys. Let me explain. Some guys have extremely large egos and need a way to fuel them, and working out 12x a week is their gasoline. Instead of working out to improve their health / mood, they work out so that they can show off their bodies to other people (guys mainly). The bigger their muscles get, the bigger their egos get, and the fact that they don't pull chicks remains the same.

I think that as long as you work out for you, and not for other people (guys or girls), it's a great thing.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that the bigger you get, the less likely you are to get ganged up on and into a fight. This leaves more time for talking to girls and less time getting jumped in the parking lot. I noticed that when I weighed around 240-- my intimidation factor was higher and I didn't fight as much. Dropping to 190, suddenly it was as if I was a target. I don't think that the average hothead wants to fight someone who can bench 330+ , they sort of want to pick on someone smaller. So, in that respect, yes, getting bigger does help your game because you don't have to worry about as much other stuff and it makes it easier to deny other ****blocks because they are more intimidated.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
still...its not gonna hurt to workout and have a better healthy body. there is no downside. even if your reasons for starting is wrong, the end results are still good. Get in the gym. Period.

Trajhenkhet01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if working out has no value attracting females, it does have a potent alpha male ingredient of generating higher testosterone levels in the individual.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Because you can bench 330 doesn't mean you can defend yourself AT ALL.
There's a common misconception with guys who go to the gym, they think muscle size somehow = toughness. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the meanest & toughest mvtherfvckers in the world who could put you down in a tenth of a second even if you could bench 500. They're usually skinny/fat guys with so much world + 'battlefield' experience, they fear nothing. Staring at a mirror or a weight machine will not give you that. So lets get one thing straight here, working out will NOT help you in an altercation. More likely you'll end up hurting yourself if you don't know how to fight.

Don't believe me? Check out the real Muay Thai fighters (from Thailand) not the UFC posers. I'd rather take on a fighter from the UFC then one of those little 100 lb Thai champs.

Now to the guys who seem to equate looks in men to looks in women. Sorry it doesn't work like that. Women can talk sh1t about muscles all day but in the end they are fvcking the guy with the most game and the most world experience.

I think we should really just tell the truth about why most people goto the gym:

1. You need the added strength to preform better in your job/hobby (police, paramedic, firefighter, soldier) (0.5%)

2. You want to look a bit better in your clothes aka you are fat (0.5%)

3. You are insecure about women or you have no game (99%) or in other words, the sosuave health and fitness forum.

I think working out to stay in shape is fine but some guys I know spend their whole lonely life in the gym, staring at themselves in the mirror just waiting till they put 10 more lbs of muscle on before they go and talk to that dream girl.

building muscle <>= toughness
building muscle <>= better game
building muscle = vanity
ratio to muscle = ratio to insecurity
It sounds like you are into MMA. Martial arts are great when you have all sorts of room and rules, not so good in the street. I will tell you what makes you able to defend yourself-- experience. I have been picked on by an equal number of roided out athletes, ufc wannabes and gangsters. I have never seen a real Muay Thai fighter pick a fight. I have also never seen a real UFC fighter pick a fight. That is because they cannot, they will lose their pro card.

So, now lets say you are in a street fight against 5 average guys, none of them are real fighters. Have you ever been in a fight like this? I have, twice. People cheat. There are no refs, there are no rules and they all come at you the same time. Your only chance is to overpower them, and that comes from being stronger than they are. Yes, you are slower, yes they can do a roundhouse or something. But are they going to get the chance to do that if I throw their entire body into the nearest honda accord...no. Keep in mind that people who fight in the street aren't real fighters like you are talking about. One of my pet peeves is when people say that they are in the UFC just to sound tough and get girls. And for the record, I am not a mixed martial artist-- I did kickboxing when I was younger. I have never had the chance to use it in a fight. I do not appreciate you saying: "I know this one guy somewhere who could take you out." What exactly are you trying to do? Get your friend into a fight to defend your honor? I have picked a fight with a blackbelt guy and was actually kind of scared of what he might do to me...until I slammed his head into a snap-on toolbox and he was out like a light.

3. You are insecure about women or you have no game (99%) or in other words, the sosuave health and fitness forum.

I think working out to stay in shape is fine but some guys I know spend their whole lonely life in the gym, staring at themselves in the mirror just waiting till they put 10 more lbs of muscle on before they go and talk to that dream girl

This just bugs me here. Are you trying to say that you would walk up to someone who is a wieghtlifter and say to their face: "You are insecure and have no game!" Not knowing anything about them? That is the quickest way to go to the hospital for reconstructive facial surgery that I know of. You know what, I can't believe this is actually coming from a person who knows (supposedly) all about fighting. Go ahead, pick out the meanest looking 300lb wieghtlifter and say that to his face. Let me know how it works out.

The thrust of my original post was to make an honest observation about your surroundings when you are out. People are hating on you when you are talking to all these girls and sometimes things go wrong. I am not a super awesome martial artist and most people aren't either-- their first line of defense could be just being stronger than the next guy. I don't really care if you know someone in some other country who could beat me in a fight, the point of my post was to increase the intimidation factor by being stronger than the average guy. WHICH IT DOES... OBVIOUSLY, or you wouldn't have felt so threatened that you had to make that ridiculous reply!

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mma (2yrs) & muay thai (4 yrs)trained here.

every fight ive been in, ive never picked it.
always been attacked and defence is all i train for.

there are no rules on the street, ive been shot and have a 6 inch long stab wound on my arm where a moron put a german army knife in my arm when i was pushin his mate away.

ive been in a situation where ive faced 6 average sized morons in a thin alley way..they charged at me..i turn sideways exposing my elbow and shoulder to them..they smacked into it one after the other. if i had no strength in my legs/ back and shoulders. they wouldve stomped on me.. my legs held ground and my back held my upper body in place as 6 dudes crashed one after another...
but on the other hand is MMA and muay thai training ive been in bouts where all you depend on is ur reaction, skill, flexibility and coordination to get hits in.

so yes part of it is size and more importantly strength.
but also part of it is flexibility, skill and coordination.
you cant win a fight with only one.

confidence does not come mainly from looking huge, you go to the gym for the right reasons to get the best results.
but with going to the gym comes inner confidence of, i did something useful with my day today. and physical confidence, my chest makes this shirt look goood!

Looking good does have its positive effects when pickin up women..but if you dont have game inside..you're like Ali without his fists.

either way, i think you guys have gone off topic with this in the fighting arena etc.

intrextrovert

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well personally I feel a lot better about myself when I lift more. I also hated (they're not too much anymore, but I want bigger) having skinny arms. It certainly has helped my appearance and self confidence.

Reaction score
To the athletic fellow above, I agree with you 100%. Most of these guys have one huge set of muscles. Their thumbs for playing video games. If they ain't fat then they are skinny for the most part.

Now you naysayers to lifting need to think from a females point of view. How is being a wheat stalk going to protect her and make her feel safe?

She doesn't know if you know self defense so she has to rely on what she first sees. Either fat or skinny you lose in the game.

Yes I know there are exceptions to that rule. I have seen defensive line men looking football players pull women. But we are talking about an agressive male not a internet fat nerd.

Yes I know there are skinny guys who get laid also. Mystery. But mystery is famous now and has been seen on tv so women will bone him just for that alone.

Some fool mentioned Obama. Obama is a politician and is famous. He is a author. And now a president elect. And a POWERFUL speaker so of course women are going to want to bone him. Get real and use your heads.

I know many of you guys who don't hit the gym are pvssy's and your afraid of the pain and those big ole weights just scare the panties off you.

I know some of you fat boys are just to lazy popping cream puffs and it just takes up way too much time like 2 hours a week min...and that is a lot of time taken away from eating twinkies and all that. ...but then you look around and wonder why you ain't got any women.

You then think it's all because of your game.

Have any of you guys ever thought that your just not attractive to women?

Look at the guy above who stated basically that he gets the pick of the clubs and I believe him.

When I was 225 and cut up "You looked like a super player who could get any woman in the room"-my girl friend.

Women love a man of form. It doesn't have to be huge and I actually thing you reduce your pickins by roiding it not just your dyck size.

The actor in Blade 3 with the beard is a prime example of how a skinny guy can buff up and look good to women.

It is worth the effort to hit the gym because you also increase your testo flow in your blood which gives you more male energy and agressiveness and it will attract more women (fvck my mispells I have something to say, I don't have time to slow down)

Women can feel your energy and when you have lots of masculine energy they can feel you.

That is why I am sure the bloke above who used English weigh terms can see women checking him out when he walks into a club and if he is in England having a body isn't a normal thing anyways.

You heads keep debating this subject and arguing it and wasting your time on nonsense. Watch some idiot is gonna come along and try to rebuke what I have said. Even though I have been in the game for over 25 years and boned over 125 women.

I know what women in the States at least want. I have boned a few europeans and am dating one right now but I cannot say for eastern europe and all that.

But in the states if you look like a vin diesel as it's now called then your considered hot.

What nerd wants to be the one she settles for after boning all of the HOT in her mind dudes? That is something that I still cannot figure out.

I don't know if it's just me because I am black or maybe my generation but I want to be the one who she turns her head at and looked at when I was hunting.

I didn't want to be the one who had to sneak in from the side like a nerd dweeb. I didn't want to be the one to kiss her feat and listen to her whine about guys like me just to hopefully get a kiss.

That is demeaning to your manhood.

I have 18 and 1/2 inch guns. I have shown them on my photos and videos. I am 100% natural and I got it the hard natural way.

Women love my arms and chest.

Yes I am on a diet now and lost 20lbs and will lose another 20lbs no biggie.

But I hit the iron like a warrior. I keep myself looking like a man not a pencil necked geek and I still get women turning their heads!

It's your choice if you live in the states.

You can be the one or you can settle for being the one who listens to her whine,.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OTB said:
DayGameGuy, care to tell me what you ment by analysis paralysis? :confused:
Analysis Paralysis is another term used in the PUA lexicon which basically means that a person is analyzing pickup to an abnormal degree, where all sorts of negativity starts creeping into your mind, and you get paralyzed and destroy your personality and your game.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real supremed summed it up nicely. This shouldnt even be a discuss let alone a debate.

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow. This is turning into a really big discussion.

It's not like we are massing until we are HUGE. Just so that when we are naked, we will feel good about ourselves.

Im planning to put another 10 lbs of muscle on me and i am DONE. no more massing. I am just going to maintain which will be far easier since it isnt that strict.

Of course people can game without being big. However, the only argument I can put up is that if you are short and skinny, you will need to put some mass to make sure yourself look intimidating to someone else. Guys will use their "biggness" to push you around when they are competing with you on gaming the same chicks. If you are: average height, a little chubby, dare I say overweight, or tall...I don't think working out should be on the top of your list of "things to do" since you will look kinda intimidating already.

Maybe some of you guys will never understand. Being short, skinny, being called "small jon" all your life or w/e...is a MAJOR kick in your manhood.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's never nice to be called a toothpick... but when you don't give a ****, and you like how you look, then people will notice you're fine with being skinny and they'll respect you.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Don't believe me? Check out the real Muay Thai fighters (from Thailand) not the UFC posers. I'd rather take on a fighter from the UFC then one of those little 100 lb Thai champs.
Your kidding me.....

How is anyone in the UFC a poser. STFU

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Lifting weights will get women wanting you for purely sexual reasons because you have a nice body, the same way we look at a woman's body and want it. Definitely helps, and does a lot of the talking for you.

aforabi

Don Juan
Reaction score
It will help boost your success with women (because you look and dress well, which gives you more confidence) ....

But you still have to do the hard work ... approach them, ask their number, and go out on a date ... and try to find what the woman really wants and see if she is compatible with you ...

A guy working out at least 3 times a week and going out with a chick every week is better than a guy who works out 6 times a week with no chicks to date with ... :)

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
In an indirect way...yes. in a direct way it makes no fvcking difference

I have been imploring that my younger brother gets into the gym or/and takes up a
martial art. finally the bastard is listening to me. he's pushing weight and kick boxing....

why? I want him to do it for the impact it will have on his life in general AND the fact that
he'll he able to handle himself (he's not naturally agressive and I worry that he can't take care
of himself)

will this have a knock on affect in his life? yes, and that's also the point...

will this have a knock on affect with his game? indirectly it should......but he still needs to go a long
way with changing his AFC mindset. a long way

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is just another tool in your arsenal. Your mouth is your best attribute. Guys who get around in this world, successfully, can talk their way out of a sunburn. Remember, physicality only goes a certain distance.