Do you think city center populations are declining because men giving up on dating don't feel the need to rent expensive downtown housing?

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm saying what you really meant
Yes, I know. Ordinary men don’t deserve women. Somehow I have one and attracted several in the past. One has to be extraordinary.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend Men on Strike by Dr. Helen Smith
Good book. I have also read it. It was originally published in 2013 and is holding up well.

I was first motivated with this topic from the forum member talking about how game is different in different cities (he seems to be a prime example of someone who lives in such an expensive apartment precisely because of the urban PUA opportunities).
In most USA cities, someone needs to live near the city center to position themselves well in the mating marketplace. There are certain neighborhoods that offer an advantage. Looks are still #1 but having proximity to other single people who aren't attached is valuable.

“no pvssy, no work”.
In the early 2010s, on the heels of a nasty recessionary period, Roosh wrote an article about how to get laid when you actually find yourself unemployed. No one else in seduction communities ever wrote a guide to getting laid while unemployed.

It's a significant challenge for most men to get laid while unemployed. A man might not have a job but he still has a sex drive while unemployed. Most men will find that they need employment in order to get pussie.

Unemployment has been a significant issue for Gen Y/Millennials and Gen Z. The older Millennials born in the 1980s graduated in the late 2000s/early 2010s recession and took the worst of it. In that era, recent graduates had the highest rates of unemployment while also having the strongest sex drives, especially unemployed males.

Some Gen Z's graduated into the 2020 pandemic mess and have been dealing with the 2023-2024 job market, which has been a brutal job market.

Unemployment is more of a male problem than a female problem. All females get DEI privilege and companies generally prefer to hire females for white collar work. Being non-White and female at the same time helps with getting jobs in the white collar space, which is where most females work. Additionally, companies will try not to lay off females and/or minorities in their mass layoffs.

Female unemployment has little to no impact on their ability to get sex if they do find themselves unemployed.

the parents are enablers of their behavior by allowing it.
I don't view the parents as enablers. In many cases, the parents are sparing their adult children from homelessness.

In my age cohort where I belong (early to mid-1980s births), a good portion of early Gen Y/Millennials had to live at home with a parent or parents between ages 18-29 for some period of time after completing our education. That's because early to mid-1980s born individuals generally graduated into the Great Recession and weren't able to get jobs or got jobs that were terrible paying. There's a reason the college educated Starbucks barista became a stereotype during the Great Recession and has still persisted as a stereotype to this day. Most of my age cohort is now in their late 30s/early 40s and so many of them suffered permanent damage economically and sociologically as a result of having to live at home as an adult.

The trends that started with Gen Y/Millennials have persisted into Gen Z. Gen Z individuals are now having to live at home after finishing school due to a pandemic graduation or the brutal 2023-2024 job market.

The Boomers graduated into better job markets than their Millennial children. Also, many Gen X'ers graduated during the 1990s when the economy boomed as well (except for a small early 1990s recession). Those Gen X graduates of the 1990s dot com boom are the parents of the Gen Z's now living at home.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ordinary men don’t deserve women. Somehow I have one and attracted several in the past. One has to be extraordinary.
As I've written elsewhere, this is comparable to becoming a paid, full-time comic: Simply being able to drop a zinger won't get you headlining at The Giggle Room in Bakersfield, much less selling out The Beacon Theater or a Netflix special. In the same way being attractive and having a well-paying job won't, in and of themselves, turn a guy into a panty dropper

There are techniques and strategies one must practice on a regular basis, mindsets one has to adopt, and traits he has to cultivate and maintain. "Ordinary" men, for lack of a more precise term, frequently possess none of the above

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Good book. I have also read it. It was originally published in 2013 and is holding up well.

In most USA cities, someone needs to live near the city center to position themselves well in the mating marketplace. There are certain neighborhoods that offer an advantage. Looks are still #1 but having proximity to other single people who aren't attached is valuable.

In the early 2010s, on the heels of a nasty recessionary period, Roosh wrote an article about how to get laid when you actually find yourself unemployed. No one else in seduction communities ever wrote a guide to getting laid while unemployed.

It's a significant challenge for most men to get laid while unemployed. A man might not have a job but he still has a sex drive while unemployed. Most men will find that they need employment in order to get pussie.

Unemployment has been a significant issue for Gen Y/Millennials and Gen Z. The older Millennials born in the 1980s graduated in the late 2000s/early 2010s recession and took the worst of it. In that era, recent graduates had the highest rates of unemployment while also having the strongest sex drives, especially unemployed males.

Some Gen Z's graduated into the 2020 pandemic mess and have been dealing with the 2023-2024 job market, which has been a brutal job market.

Unemployment is more of a male problem than a female problem. All females get DEI privilege and companies generally prefer to hire females for white collar work. Being non-White and female at the same time helps with getting jobs in the white collar space, which is where most females work. Additionally, companies will try not to lay off females and/or minorities in their mass layoffs.

Female unemployment has little to no impact on their ability to get sex if they do find themselves unemployed.

I don't view the parents as enablers. In many cases, the parents are sparing their adult children from homelessness.

In my age cohort where I belong (early to mid-1980s births), a good portion of early Gen Y/Millennials had to live at home with a parent or parents between ages 18-29 for some period of time after completing our education. That's because early to mid-1980s born individuals generally graduated into the Great Recession and weren't able to get jobs or got jobs that were terrible paying. There's a reason the college educated Starbucks barista became a stereotype during the Great Recession and has still persisted as a stereotype to this day. Most of my age cohort is now in their late 30s/early 40s and so many of them suffered permanent damage economically and sociologically as a result of having to live at home as an adult.

The trends that started with Gen Y/Millennials have persisted into Gen Z. Gen Z individuals are now having to live at home after finishing school due to a pandemic graduation or the brutal 2023-2024 job market.

The Boomers graduated into better job markets than their Millennial children. Also, many Gen X'ers graduated during the 1990s when the economy boomed as well (except for a small early 1990s recession). Those Gen X graduates of the 1990s dot com boom are the parents of the Gen Z's now living at home.
Stop blaming everyone and everything except the person who has no ambition. People who want to make it in life almost always do.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simply being able to drop a zinger won't get you headlining at The Giggle Room in Bakersfield, much less selling out The Beacon Theater or a Netflix special.
I consider myself an ordinary man and I don’t do so according to this standard. Perhaps we use the term with different definitions considering according to you ordinary means bum, slob, and do-nothing. Or am I mistaken?