Do you lead an interesting life?

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Do you lead an interesting life?"

After 21+ years, yes.

When I dropped the idea that I should fit in, meet some unknown "expectation", I was finally free.

Everyone wants you. You may be a bum, but you do have something someone wants to take advantage of. When you live your life by your own terms, no one has power over you. That's why there are many labels to the outcasts... they are a threat. They have their own standards for living.

And that is the secret for an interesting life. Easier said than done, but it's possible. Thank god... :)

Reaction score
Do you lead an interesting life? Sure I do - I drink beer and go on SoSuave and tell guys to say, "No" to hos!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE - so exciting! :rolleyes:

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do I have an interesting life? Well, others might not find it interesting but I like it well enough...:)

I"m a college student, so Monday through Friday I have class (French Discussion, Japanese, Latin American History and Culture, Lit, Strength Training and Conditioning). I also get up early every morning for my 4-mile run. (I picked up running over the summer; at first I could barely run 0.5 miles, but I've been training--my goal is 6.)

I study a lot, but I'm a real nerd and actually like studying. I could study French and Japanese all day and be happy about it.

I volunteer at a horse ranch where I teach children with physical/cognitive disabilities how to ride horses as a form of physical/occupational therapy. I love it. I'm also part of the International Club and a Campus Christian Fellowship group.

I looooove to read..."The Pillars of the Earth", "The Agony and the Ecstasy", "Watership Down", "Ruska", "First Man in Rome"...and Calvin and Hobbes, of course.

Spending time with my friends and boyfriend is one of my favorite things to do ^-^

I studied abroad in France last summer, and next year I'm going to study abroad in Dijon for a semester--I'm really excited about that. And after graduation, I hope to join Peace Corps and teach high school English in Senegal, and maybe do the JET program in Japan.

/rambling

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think interesting is subjective.
Same thing with the word "fun".

Generally speaking, if you can try to make time for activities (besides work of course) that satisfy you :

Physically
Emotionally
Mentally
Spiritually

Then you're doing alright.
Remember, there's only 24 hours in the day, and most of us DO have a set limit of attention and energy to devote throughout the day.
Don't beat yourself up if you're not living like a James Bond or Indian Jones..

But recognize that you're doing yourself a disservice if you're not attending to your needs I stated above.

That is not good.
That is when you start to see problems affecting you with much more impact than other people who do take the time out for themselves.

There's nothing wrong with just sitting down and listening to Mozart or something, for example.
Or to go out and sugn up for Martial Art classes, and actually be consitent and participate in class...and train!
Or go to the gym, and have a great workout that satisfies YOU!
Or a good book that really opens up your mind.
Or how about that interesting friend of yours that invited you to his house to talk, and you never took him up on it? How about going over and staying up all night talking real Man talk...talk to him about your life, and perspective, and he'll talk to you about his..and you communciate, and bond, and grow as a person..
Or an inspirational movie?
Or hell, what about volunteering your skills opor just helping out somewhere?
Putting those good character qualities you possess to good use for people in need?

There's time for all that.

But there has to be a WILL.
Your prime objective is to GROW...and EXPERIENCE LIFE.

And what is interestign and spurs growth for ME, may not be what you're looking for..
And vice versa.
Don't try to keep up with the Joneses.
Chances are, theire just as worried about their appearnace as you are.

Forget all that superficial sh*t, it leads to nowhere.

You want growth, and experiences.

Aim for that. Everyone elses's opinions about it be Damned!

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^

I agree with your general points. I think by interesting life is when you are sitting on your porch at old age talking to your grandkids, will you have intriguing stories to tell them about your life? Even having a career in the military will give you an interesting life if you lived through a war to tell about it. Even Osama Bin Ladin is someone I'd say has a hell of an interesting life, though he's not someone I'd want to emulate! But damn, could you make a movie about this guy, grew up in a rich family of billionaires, spent his younger years living it up and partying like a playboy, converts to radical Islam, goes to fight guerilla war against the Soviets in Afghanistan, launches the greatest terrorist attack in history(and no I don't think 9/11 was an inside job!) and now spends his life as the world's most wanted man. Bastard as he is, that's a damn interesting life!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too interesting, as of late :mad: