DJ Hobbies and lifestyles

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guys, I've recently realized that I don't have to many things that I'm really passionate about (I succeed at most stuff I apply myself too, but I wanna try some new **** and find something new to get into). So I want some real guys opinion that they are REALLY passionate about.

Here's a few things that I'm thiunking about or having done:

Learning Japanese (I taught myself when I was like 11 to like 13 and I was pretty good, then I kinda fell off, I'm thinking about getting into classes, everytime people find out they are all shocked, especially cuz I'm black, plus I love the language and culture, so that's getting to the top of my list).

Martial Arts (I'm thinking of Jujitsu, Brazilian Jujitsu, Hapkido, EMC, or something like that. Its just going to be hard to work around my schedule of work and school, so I'm on the edge of this).

Fencing (Sword fighting seems ****ing great, but this seems like something that might take alot of dedication, and in the long run I'm not quite sure that its something I wanna really keep, though it seems cool now, when I'm 18 will I still like this?).

I also like to play video games, but in the past 2 years since I started being more social (I was social before, but moreso now than ever), I haven't really gotten to get into them like that, and I'm thinking I may stay away from them because they have a tendency to make one anti social.

And of course, someone who isn't me likes to smoke marijuana, but that's not a passion its a way of life ;) :cool:.

So what are some hobbies and pasttimes and **** that you all REALLY enjoy, I wanna get out there and try new ****. Also, if possible please make it dealing with others, I'm up for all suggestions, but I'm not trying to stay at home and really learn how to program C++ or something.

Hopefully we can all get something out of this, I'm out.

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Working on my Mustang, and Jeet Kune Do.

Vampire

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do Muay Thai and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, and I compete in MMA events every 2-3 months or so. I also play guitar, and try to go out dancing every once in awhile just to stay on top of that game. But these days I have a gf so I spend a lot of time with her. When I'm single, I just work and train mostly. Women fit into the free time I have I guess...

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
golf, guns, meditation, poker, www2 combatives, stick fighting, fking.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Working on my cars,lifting weights,buying colognes or more clothes,real estate and of course hanging out with my friends when I can.

Weak_Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
going to the gym 6 days a week like its my job... and once i step out its not over... being dedicated to a meal plan... reading, meditation, mma

having sex with my gf in between...

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Soccer (and pretty much all sports), drums (whoda thunk???), in school I am really into science.
Snowboarding is A LOT of fun. Just don't get discouraged, cause in the begining you fall on your ass a lot.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find the most rewarding hobbies and activites are the ones that are the most social.

Fencing and martial arts can be fun, but they don't offer many oppurtunities for friendships or good laughs. Its ok to have solitary hobbies but I think its essential to keep a balance.

My hobbies=
1)Weightlifting(with multiple friends when possible)
2)Raquetball (always someone new to meet or play with)
3)Volleyball (same as raquetball)
4)Working on my car( isnt that social but if your car is custom or nice its a good way to meet guys with similar car interest)
5)Clubing and dancing in general(great for socializing obviously with both girls and fun to go out with friends and occasionally you will meet another guy one way or the other and if he is a cool he may become a friend and that leads to a whole new group of social activities.
6) Poker (sometimes its social if its with friends other times its more solitary and business like)
7) The occasional video game normally being a football or sports game, sometimes a war game. By occasional I mean like once a week for an hour or once every other week. Maybe more if your friends play the same games but not too much.

If you have other passions or interets thats awesome and I totally respect that, and do whatever makes you happy. Yet I think it is extremely rewarding to develop some hobbies that allow you to get lots of social interaction as well as have solitary hobbies.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Video games are fine, in moderation. Don't spend days in your room playing games, of course. But if you have a few hours of free time during a weird part of the day, like say 2-5 in the afternoon, I'd say play some games. Once 5 o'clock comes around, most people are out of school and work, so then you could go socialize.

Also, when you DO play games, try to involve other people. Have your buddies over and play multiplayer. Better than being anti-social and introverted by playing alone all the time.

Of course, don't make video games your main activity. Go to the gym and/or play sports to keep you fit, and go to parties and clubs or just hang out with friends to stay social.

"Games have a tendency to make one anti-social." If games make you anti-social, its only because you let them do it to you. The same goes for the internet, tv, food, and anything else you can get addicted to. Have self-control and keep it in moderation. No object can break your will.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Winter: billiards,basketball,weightlifting,clayshooting
Summer: snorkeling/swimming,billiards,clayshooting,beer drinking

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
"Games have a tendency to make one anti-social." If games make you anti-social, its only because you let them do it to you. The same goes for the internet, tv, food, and anything else you can get addicted to. Have self-control and keep it in moderation. No object can break your will.
This is true, but generally when I used to play alot of games, I'd have a ton of friends over, but now I like to get out and meet MORE people. Then once I reach a plateau of new solid friends get some people over play my 360, whatever.

To the person thinking about snowboarding. Yo man its ****ing great, it's too bad I live far away, but after I pulled my ligament (**** that hurt) skiing, I tried snowboarding like in the next few years, and the first time I road it I fell alot but had hella fun, and then when I got used to it (this was ll in one day mind you, I learned pretty quick), I was ****ing dashing down the mount with the wind whipping past your face, its a ****ing great feeling.

I do workout, I need to sign up for a gym around here though since I'm down here for another month (VA), and meeting people is alot harder down here without my liscense (Jersey's req is 17, and down here you have to have a permit from here for a certain amount of time so I'm kinda ****ed till next year but its cool), and when I get back home I'm really considering the martial arts and Japanese classes, along with keeping my workout and dieting going (just started grilling my own chicken and **** the beginning of the weeks so I don't miss meals).

I do play poker with friends alot to.

Wow this is a ****ing awesome thread hopefully some others can contribute some really unique ideas. I've always wanted to go sky diving, cliff diving, parachuting, etc, but I'm not sure if they let 16 year olds do that, but they better because that's something I'd love to do. Anyone have any experience on any of the extreme activities? (Cliff diving, bungie jumping etc), I'm interested in all of them, I'm a daredevil of the sorts :p.

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive recently taken up photography you can meet some interesting people if your out taking photos.

PumpNightmare

Don Juan
Reaction score
Currently:

Learning Japanese. Going to major in Asian Studies/minor in Japanese. Plus it goes with my other hobbies.
Rythm/Dance/Bemani games: Pump It Up, In The Groove, and DDR. I play these the most. I have a metal pad at home to play on and go to the arcade once a week to hang out with some friends and play. I play a on to two hours a day on average. Fun and keeps me in shape.
A little gaming. Most of the games I play are of the music variety (above), but I'll play some mainstream titles like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Half Life 2, etc. Also a fan of Nippon Ichi games like Disgaea and Phantom Brave. Only RPGs I play anymore.
Go/Budduk/WieQi- Oldest board game to date. I play once and a while online, and with a few people in town.
Anime and manga- Don't watch it as much as I used to, but I enjoy watching here and there.

So 90% of my activities are solitary. And the few activities I do have that are to be with people are more competitve then co-operative.

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of people on the MMA scene. I'd recommend it for anyone. You get in shape, learn how do actually defend yourself, and you build confidence.

Where I train in JKD, they incorporate Kung Fu, Boxing, Thai Boxing, Aikido, Ju-Jitsu, Filipino Kali, some Judo and Wrestling.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a rider.

I spend a couple of hours a day (street) longboarding. There's nothing quite as fun as the rush carving down a hill with the wind blowing in your face, avoiding cars and bikes, and having people cheer you on from their porches.

I'm praying for snow though, I LOVE skiing/snowboarding more than anything else in the world, and as an added benefit, it's also lifestyle that naturally tends to attract women.

Leonardus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im a DJ (Disc Jockey)
and my hobbies are Snowboarding, Drawing / Desigining, Producing Music,
Working (Spinning some records),

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo man, how is skydiving, and would you mind maybe posting some general info (age, costs, etc).

Also for the DJs out there, is it really expensive to get started, I like music and I think its something that I could get into but I'm at aloss of where to start.