DJ Bootcamp: Week 1

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good nexxus thanks for showing everyone how easy it is. Keep up the good work guys. i will post my update soon been busy with few things lately. Btw rocky its never to late lol.

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's an update on things:

1. Finished about 35 "Hi"s so far.
2. Getting much better at the EC exercise, lots of women are looking away after a few seconds. Slipping them a smile has been a little hard, but is easier to do if you make a conscious effort.
3. Outdid my expectations last night. I went to a frat party and had a game plan before hand: Say Hi to as many people as possible and bounce from group to group as the social guy.
- I wasn't as social as I would have liked, but its still a step for me.
- I saw this cutie from across the room and decided to go for it. Approached with an opener about who she knows at the frat. Luck was on my side, my friends. This girl knew the same guy as me. :) We hit it off really well...I did as much CF as possible. Eventually I jokingly challenged her to a dance off. Made it downstairs and started dancing. Literally 5 minutes after I met her we were making out.
-Since I was leaving in 10 minutes I got her number. When I told her I was leaving she said "Can't you come over to my place?". I told her "I will be back Thursday, ill talk to you later". Yes I know you're all saying "WTF you didnt?!"...I had some rowdy drunk friends to drive home. Whatever, thursday night should be good :)

Man have I learned a lot from this site.

Thyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow sofomore that is awesome!! haha and this is only week 1 i can only imagine what you have in store for the later weeks.

i have two more days until i go down to college, where things will be much easier. but in the meantime i have been chipping away at week one. i have both of my eye contact hours done, and just today i got my number of hi's up to 30. things do get easier the more you do them, and WOW does a little smirk on your face help to not seem so creepy when you say hi. everytime i go to say hi to a girl, i think in my mind "i wanna f*ck you so hard up the a*s" (learned this from snowdog i think) and believe me that puts an evil little grin on my face that gets some sexual tension going. i have yet to actually proceed into convo using this 'thought mechanism" so ill have to try it out to see what kind of immediate results it brings.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read This If You Are Having Problems Saying "hi"

Feild Report - The ultimate guide to saying Hi.

Ridiculous huh.. a guide on how to say hi, the easiest thing in the world right? Not for me. I went out a few days ago to say hi.
I walked around for an hour or more without saying hi to anyone, barly getting eye contact, the fear was irrational, but it was there and it was overwhelming.

I felt like a total failure.. Up until today this week I spent a total of maby 3 hours walking around trying to pluck up the confidence to say a single sylable to a stranger. And failing.

Now I see there were 15 budding PUA's who signed up to this bootcamp. but only a handfull have posted the feild reports of week 1, and there is only a couple of days left guys!

So if you are struggling with the week 1 exercise. Hopefully I can help.

I went out today, to the Liverpool street area of London to meet my dad. After I left him I vowed not to come home untill Id got my "Hi's" out of the way.
I walked around for an hour without saying anything to anyone. But as I write this now, Ive got 20 Hi's under my belt. I would have got more, but by the time Id started saying hi it was getting late and the streets were starting to empty and get dark. I know for a fact I can easily get the remaining 30 Hi's in 45 minutes or less tommorow!

Here is my guide to saying Hi, for people who like me, have difficulty saying the easiest word in the english language. (This is what Ive just done, so its field tested in a busy city enviroment)

step 1.

Warm up by asking legitimate questions of strangers, this can be anything you like, the same everytime, or different questions, its up to you.
I asked for directions to liverpool street station, but you could ask where a shop is, or what the time is, or even "excuse me, where am I?"

Step 2. Optional - Get out of your comfort zone with a few random, off the cuff comments to strangers. For example I saw a dude with a really nice bike, and went and told him it was cool. I commented to a few guys at a traffic lights about a bus on the other side of the road that had broken down. It can be anything to anyone, just a random remark that you might legitimatly say to a person who happened to be near you.

Step 3. Repeat step 1. but with a crucial difference.

We are trying to train our voice box and body to say Hi to strangers.
To begin the process of ingraining this. Ask questions of strangers, BUT start of by walkign toward them, stopping a few meters in front of them. and say "Hi there" or "hello" or what ever your choosen greeting is, and THEN ask your question.
for example-
(confident loud voice) "Hi There!"
(person stops/slows down slighty)
"I was wondering where X is, do you know?"

It helped me to accompany the Hi with a wave. One of my sticking points was a worry that people would not hear me and would ignore me. Or would not realise I was greeting them, and that as a result I would look stupid. I found that by waving, it reinforced my voice with an action, which made it more obvious and easier for me to speak loudly and clearly.

So, you are now stopping in front of strangers and saying loudly and clearly "Hi there" (or hello or your choosen greeting) and then asking them a legitimate question. At this stage you can get an idea of how people will react to being greeted. Some people immediatly respond with a greeting back, some ignore you. Much as you would expect.

All you have to do now is only do half of it.. half of somthing is half as difficult right?

Step 4.
see a stranger walking toward you. Slow down your pace, stand tall, hold your head high. Look him or her straight in the eyes and say "Hi, hows it going" while you are a couple of meters away.

Step 5. Repeat, and feel great about yourself!! :)

It took me a couple of hours to work this plan out for myself, It took about a dozen random questions, and about the same number of "Hi - random question"'s before I was able to say "f$ck it" and say Hi to a random stranger. The first one was the hardest, a bloke, he just smiled at me and walked past.
I kept a record of my 20 Hi's they were equally split male and female. and I reckon slightly fewer than half of the people acknolwedged me positivly in some way but did not say Hi back, they smiled or nodded or similar.

I was expecting a few people to totally ignore me or give me a "who the hell are you" look, and I got a few , but only a few, and only one from a girl. I also realised this - that a person ignoring your greeting or staring back at you, is not somthing to worry about. If they are grumpy or just plain rude, it is there fault. Forget them.
The remaining people, all said Hi back or somthing similar. Some said it cheerily, happy to greet me, some said it reluctanly out of habit, and a couple of people said it out of politness.

A LOT of people smiled at me today, both from Hi's, from eye contact, and from me smiling at them.

Lessons Ive learnt-
The majority of people are polite and helpfull, and the one's who arn't are not worth bothering yourself about.
Getting over the first hurdle is difficult, the rest are easier.
You will not die or come to any harm if you wave a cheery hello to people as you walk past them.

Craziest story.. one of my hi's somwhere in the middle, a middle aged overweight dude.

"Hi"
"Hi there" *stops*
"Havent seen you in a while, busy day in the office?"
*I think- ****.. I cant possibly know this guy can I?"
"erm.. yeah. I dont know you do I?"
"Nope, but you made the effort"
"yeah I guess I did, hope you have a nice day mate"

this was totally random.. but it just goes to show you cant expect anything and the strangest things can happen if you push the boundarys. I wish now Id stopped and chatted to the guy for a bit.

Ill end this epic post with this.

If you are struggling, finding the boot camp challenging, or feel like a failure, chances are Ive felt the exact same way, we all have!

WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER

we can all help each other by sharing our experiances and making progress as a group. So if you are one of the people who signed up but hasnt posted yet. You've got 48 hours, get out there, get the tasks done and report back!

best of luck to us all, lets do this!!

Cure.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yay. Eye Contact! Something I'm good at! The Guide to Proper Eye Contact totally changed my life.

Things I've noticed:
People don't look at you if they think you are superior to them (in whatever way they imagine).

Most people aren't confident enough to keep looking at one, if--when you look at them and they are already looking at you--to keep looking at you. If you look at them first and then they look at you, most of the time a facial expression of surprise will show when you keep looking at them.

The more beautiful the girl, the more surprised they are. Just two days ago I was leaving work, walking down a long hallway. At the end of it, some girl messing around with the timeclock terminal with her back fully to me and her cutie friend who looked at me from way down the hallway. I kept looking at her, but broke contact to say Hi to someone I was passing. I didn't know the person but used that as a reason to break eye contact with the girl without it being a break of weakness (to see what she would do). So after I say hi to the woman, I immediately look back toward the girl down the hallway and she has looked towards her friend during the 2 seconds it took me to make said greeting. But as soon as I look at her, she looks back and I keep looking at her. Neither of us are changing expressions at all, just looking with sort of a blank gaze. We do this for 4-5 seconds until she looks away toward her friend again. About 2 seconds afterward, she does this little head shake thing and blinks a few times. She's not used to guys not looking away.

Sometimes I like to experiment for the joy of curiosity, whether or not I smile, or how big of a smile etc. and this was one of those times. Other times I don't smile because I freeze up a little when it's a girl I am really attracted to. But that's my problem in general, allowing myself to show interest and being ok with it. But either way, I NEVER let a girl (or anyone else)defeat me in the staring contest, or show any sign of weakness. I have that down solid.

I can relate to your inner game issue Cure. Even if we can never figure out WHY we have such issues, maybe we can defeat them by knowing about them and by truly trying to.

And Thyme, I love your evil little grin technique ;) I'm so stealing it. I'll try to remember that when I see the real cuties types I sometimes forget to smile at etc.

As far as my results from the exercise go... Probably 90% of everyone I said hi to were obviously surprised I smiled at or said hi to them. The only general exception is older ladies. You can tell when people value you more than they value themselves. It BLEEDS from their face. Most of them simply didn't know how to react. Is being said hi to such a rarity? I suppose it is....

Most people aren't outgoing, guys! And I've noticed people that are, and do say hello to others and have that confident cheerful dontgiveafvck (but not in an @sshole way) attitude, I immediately respect. So be that!

Awesome exercise. Great way to start it off.

Jose Yero

Reaction score
I really didn't expect to get that much out of this exercise as it seems simplistic, but is actually quite more valuable than I had originally anticipated. It's funny, the first 'hi' or two to a beautiful women was slightly difficult, but after having got them out of the way it became much easier. It became kind of amusing after about 25 or so 'hellos' because after that I noticed myself without even using concentrated effort, automatically positioning myself infront of hot girls looking to say 'hi' to them. In particular, when I was at the gym the other day, there was this girl with a tight body and an incredible rack, and out of nowhere, not even thinking, I positioned myself right infront of her after her set and then greeted her.

One of the things that use to bother me the most about the idea of approaching a stranger is the question of "what if they reject, or don't acknowledge my approach/comment?". Well after having been completely ignored several times by beautiful women, I don't care whether or not they return my greeting. In all honesty, I just loved the feeling that came knowing that me, after only a couple of dozen 'hi's', now has the confidence to approach hot women. One of my biggest problems for quite a while was that I was always in my head, and overthought things on an incredible level. Now, I realize it really is as simple as going out there, smiling and saying hello.

As for observations, a few others have pretty much covered them all, but one thing I've noticed though is that many women will not look at you, and that made my first few appoaches difficult as I thought I needed their eye contact to do so. In reality, I learned after a few tries to just go ahead and say hello even if they are looking at the ground. You'll be surprised how often you are greeted back with a nice, big smile.

Overall, week 1 has been fun, and I am so totally looking forward to the future weeks, in particular the week where we actively go out and seek rejections.

Thyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
first off i wanna say that the feedback you guys are giving is awesome and it really motivates me. if we continue this strong throughout, i think we will make it.

anyways i finished all of my hi's yesterday, and as usual it was a bit of a challenge for me. the first 5 or so hi's i really struggle with, and then it tends to get a bit easier. either way, i finished and thats all that matters.

and im definately looking forward to week 2/3, bcz those are the ones that come rather easy to me.

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice FR's guys. I finished my 50 yesterday. Its not a ridiculous amount to ask for - I did mine as I went through my day.

Thyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and jet, id love to compare how 'the grin' works for us. next time you use it post your experience and ill do the same.

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The grin is amazing.

I was at a baseball game and saw this hot girl walking up the steps. I locked eyes and gave her the "you dont even know what i could do to you" grin. She veered over towards me and as she passed rubbed the side of her ass on my shoulder. My jaw dropped :)

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thyme said:
oh and jet, id love to compare how 'the grin' works for us. next time you use it post your experience and ill do the same.
Hehe, Ah sure thing man. xD

Sofomore said:
The grin is amazing.

I was at a baseball game and saw this hot girl walking up the steps. I locked eyes and gave her the "you dont even know what i could do to you" grin. She veered over towards me and as she passed rubbed the side of her ass on my shoulder. My jaw dropped
Wow, LOL. Impressive :up:

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WELL DONE EVERYBODY, looks like u out did me this week. Me chatting all that stuff about not finishing on last day and heres me finishing on last day. I started two days ago, so b free to call me and have a go at me if u want i desrve it haha. Well anyway thats the past, i enjoyed those last two days more than anything in quite a while, this is the first time i felt alive in a long while since the first time i tried to do a bootcamp 2 years ago.

So mine went pretty well, i got like 23 hi's bumped into my next door neighbour girl i never spoke to because she was new. so i am walking quite far from my house

RD: hm hey i saw u just 10 minutes ago u were going in ur house, how did u get in front of me, u walk fast.
HB: yeh lol, i just popped in quickly to get coffee.
RD: wow r u stalking me?
HB: NO LOL
RD: right i would say u r trying to follow me to find out where i live, but i guess that won't b it
HB: yes seeing i already know where u live.

lol she was kool and talkative felt like there was something missing, which i usually get when i speak to girls. She started asking if i ever been to a gay bar and I should do it, which i passed on lol. But yeh u guessed it she was a lesbian haha. Still had a good convo with and she was quite nice.

This stopped me getting my hi's brifefly i had a hot woman with sunglasses looking at floor, i went **** it and said hi anyway she walked past me....then i heard a sexy echo from behind me heyyyy after that i felt good and just done all my rest and got lot more responses than before, which i still need to work on though.

I Finished went to the cinema with a friend to watch perfect get away. Two chicks behind me who were very cute has my friend was talking to someone.

RD: Hey is everyone here to incongious bastards
HB1: yeh actually lol u going see it two?
RD: (lied) ...umm yeh but quite big cute might not get tickets but its kool always have a back up
HB2: lol yeh its like this on wednesdays, so u come here by urself
RD: nah with friend over there and u two do this every wendesday
HB1: yeh well shes just come from australia so not to long
RD: o wow i was just talking about australia minute ago
(bit of talk it is going really well and these chicks r digging it till....)
My friend: Hey jordan so u still getting those tickets for perfect getaway (****ttt lol and this is why sometimes u shouldn't lie, i spent time trying to convince my friend we were watching other film but he just didn't get it, before i knew it i was accidently blanking chicks)

I tried to close but they said boyfriends, which i think was my bad, because they shouldn't of shown interest like that if it was good with them and boyfriends.

It was an ok set and at least i went for the close and i learnt something to make me better for next time so awesome!!!!

So guys r future is in our hands, **** flowing with the tide, make r own destiny r own way and lets make some the greatest things in r lifes happen from here.

Week 2 thread will b made shortly

thedoc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, it's the last day, but I did get it done.
I was going to go to the beach, but my doctor said I shouldn't risk anything physical yet with my sprained wrist/fractured finger. I went to the mall for these 2 missions instead.

I got my first 5 or so Hi's waiting and riding the train, and the rest at the mall were a breeze. I don't know what's wrong with this mall, but literally, it's almost all people 40 years+. I even had brief conversations with several people (my cast or whatever on my hand gets a lot of attention :) ).

Whatever girls I saw I did my normal line "do you know where express is" but didn't get much out of it (just need more practice).

There was this one particular girl, easily an 8+. She was standing by herself, on her phone, looking very bored. She had bown hair, very nice tan, mini skirt, not too skinny, w.e. I wanted to approach her but I think she gave me the worst non-verbal rejection I've ever seen. As I go up to her, I don't stare at her, I ever so slightly tried to make eye contact. Well I did, for a split second. Instantly she looks down and when it became apparent, that I was going to approach her, she made an almost 180-degree turn with her upper body away from me.
Honestly, I found this kind of funny (not as much as my friend who couldn't stop laughing) only because I've never seen such an extreme reaction.

With everything that happened, I actually enjoyed doing this. And like others said, many people seemed happy when I told them hello. Another thing that surprised me is no one actually said "HEY, WHAT THE F ARE YOU STARING AT ASS HOLE" like I thought they would.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to start on next weeks mission at work.

bassfiend86

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys i just finished my 50 hi's earlier today. this was fairly easy to do but i still struggle to say hi confidently to more attractive girls. I think its mainly because im doing the bc in front of my brothers and it makes me feel weird to be watched. this is one thing that i realized that i have to get rid of, to not care what people think of you. on to week 2.