Debunking Some Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Tornado

Banned
Reaction score
justiceseeker said:
Firstly, just because you say it happened, doesn't mean it happened. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who questions your story. Brazillian models all hopping on the jock of a midget. hmmmm sounds believable.

I want to see this 350lb guy with all these hot chicks all over him. That's even more unbelievable.

I can say that I'm cheating with Heidi Klum behind SEAL's back, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.

btw send that link of the fat ass with all the chicks--- you puddle pirate, I'd love to see it.
well here's the thread i was referring to:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146644

as for my friend, obviously i cannot prove that unless you want the other guy who was with us to register and testify to it himself but you'd probably still wouldn't believe it

my whole beef with the whole looks thing besides the fact that there's so much proof out there that it's not true (though I will admit it is a factor) is that it is a limiting mindset. it's something that if you believe it, will make you insecure in field because you'll feel threatened by better looking guys b/c you think that alone gives them a much better chance than you. when you really get your inner game together, when you're really 100% confident in yourself and when you understand how to spark emotions in women, you'll be able to be very successful with women even if you're not that good looking

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Texas Tornado said:
well here's the thread i was referring to:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146644

as for my friend, obviously i cannot prove that unless you want the other guy who was with us to register and testify to it himself but you'd probably still wouldn't believe it

my whole beef with the whole looks thing besides the fact that there's so much proof out there that it's not true (though I will admit it is a factor) is that it is a limiting mindset. it's something that if you believe it, will make you insecure in field because you'll feel threatened by better looking guys b/c you think that alone gives them a much better chance than you. when you really get your inner game together, when you're really 100% confident in yourself and when you understand how to spark emotions in women, you'll be able to be very successful with women even if you're not that good looking
OK, that's not 50 pictures. I will admit that it's impressive. That is one fat, ugly, cheesy looking dude. Now of course, that could be his sister, or some bytch he paid 100 dollars to sit on his lap. But, at least you produced some evidence.

That being said, it's a well known fact that people tend to date others who are similar in attractiveness. Are their exceptions to the rule> always,

I take exception with tornado's assertion that thinkng looks matter is limiting advice. I disagree, I think you have to face reality. If you're 350 pounds, and waste your time hitting on super models, I would guess your success rate isn't going to be too high.

OrangeCrusader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks matter to a point, but they only limit you MORE than that point if you obsess over it or let it hinder you from reaching your max potential. At least that's my take on it.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my 37 years, I have learned one thing. You can learn more by listening than speaking. I have been coming here a long time and it took quite a while to join and I rarely post. The thread was NOT RETARDED!! It is NOT DJ to come on here when you first join and call a man's post retarded. Plain and simple! That is a very disrespectful attitude and very UN-DJ.

The author of this thread pointed out his observations and for the most part did a decent job. I do not quite agree with the entire post, but applaud it for the most part.

REMEMBER.... YOU WILL LEARN MORE BY LISTENING!!

Texas Tornado

Banned
Reaction score
i don't think that looks are completely irrelevant. i just feel that one should not place any limits on oneself due to his personal appearance. not to say that you shouldn't work on it as it may give you an edge. but know that even if you weren't gifted with classical good looks you should still go after the girls you want without apology. i know too many short/ugly players in my life to think any other way

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texas Tornado said:
i don't think that looks are completely irrelevant. i just feel that one should not place any limits on oneself due to his personal appearance. not to say that you shouldn't work on it as it may give you an edge. but know that even if you weren't gifted with classical good looks you should still go after the girls you want without apology. i know too many short/ugly players in my life to think any other way

LOOKS matter a good bit. With that said, I have a friend who is kind of goofy, but he is very outgoing and not afraid to talk to women. He is married, but even in the day he was very outgoing. Now, by all accounts I would go as far and say I am a lot more handsome than he. I told him this the other day, if I was like HIM, I would make mystery & Neil Strauss, look like they were in Romper Room. Of course I explained it where he could understand it since he does not know the two I mentioned.

Point I am getting at is, my looks would get me better off in the beginning than my friend's personality. I have a decent personality, but I am trying to rebuild myself after several HUGE problems.

If looks don't matter, why in the world was I talking to a women yesterday online and she really had a nice face, but I dug around on the net and dude she was huge!!!! Way bigger than I like them. I will accept some pounds, but obese. NOT!!!

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
justiceseeker said:
Great, then post the pictures when you marry some 300 pound woman who smells like garlic. We'll take it for granted that she's an awesome person, and that you've created a bond with her on some other level:rolleyes:
Maybe, you don't understand attraction. You seem to only know the physical part.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read all the replies because I honestly can't be bothered. What is clear to me is that you really don't understand attraction. Why do you have the opinions you do? Are you successful with girls?

1) "Looks don't matter. It's the level of your game that counts"

WRONG, Looks do matter. They matter so much, that it's impossible for a male or female to feel romantic unless they have some form of physical attraction for the person. Don't believe me? How many times have you been lying in your bed at night, waxing romantically about some 350lb pound chick? Now understand, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and different people like different types, but whatever their type is, they have to be attracted to you physically in order to feel romantic towards you. I've felt pity, love and caring towards women I wasn't attracted to, but I NEVER felt ROMANTIC OR "IN LOVE" WITH THEM.
Bullsh!t! You truly don't understand a female perspective. Now you are in the same boat as most guys but it's sad you are giving advice on this forum. You see you say that because YOU are only able to feel romantic towards someone if they are attractive. This is because you are a guy, we all feel this way. Girls are different. Attraction is different to them, its evolutionary. They go for guys that give them FEELINGS. Sure good looks can give them this feeling, but that can be lost as quickly as it is gained, but so can PERSONALOTY. Oh. My. God. Did he just say personality? No I'm not making some excuse not based in the real world hoping that 'inner beauty' is more important like a fat chick would. This is based IN REALITY.

Girls go for guys that give them the FEELING of attraction. When I say personality I don't mean their hopes and dreams, I mean what comes across in their actions. A guy who is outgoing, funny, extremely comfortable around women, sexual, cool, experienced and confident is going to be extremely attractive to a LOT of women. Even if he is traditionally ugly. This is because he will make her feel, and he will trigger her attraction switches. Would a caveman know what he looks like? Would he care how good he looked, would him being good looking be important to survival? No. On the other hand how attractive women are is a sign of how well they will produce offspring. We want the best kids, they want the best hunter/provider and offspring. But the chance of the next generation surviving is hardly dependant on looks. The problem is not many people realize this consciously.

Also beauty is extremely subjective despite the fact that people argue otherwise. I have enough proof for my own beliefs by the fact that obese people used to be extremely attractive. Hah! How many people wish that was true in modern society? Also if I ask my mates who the best looking girls are we will all agree on some but we will never unanimously agree. There will always be some that I think "are you crazy?" and my choices are sometimes met with the same reaction. This is partly because you can find an average girl and build her up in your head so she now seems extremely attractive. There's a huge difference between meeting something and thinking 'They are hot!' as opposed to meeting the same person and thinking 'they are ok I guess'.

Now this argument is irrelevant because WE CANT CHANGE OUR LOOKS. So whether it matters or not isn't worth knowing. Here is a little bit that I posted in the HS forum before albeit slightly edited:

Now people might say looks and height matter, who gives a fck!? I don't like saying that because it leads to limiting beliefs which are pointless and hinder us. If you start worrying if looks matter you begin to second guess yourself! Unless you think you are hot that is. Would you rather be confident or second guessing yourself? It's as simple as that. I would rather be confident. I think I'm good looking, and I'm arguing that looks don't matter!

Even if being short does matter, what is better, wallowing in pity or accepting it and having a blast? A girl will always go with what she FEELS. If your looks and height do that for you, great! If they don't just do it some other way, that's where this website comes in. If you can make her feel nothing else matters. Raise your social proof, make her laugh, make her cry, take her on an adventure... and she will be yours.

Seriously am I the only guy who sees short guys with hot taller girls and ugly guys with hot popular girls? Apparently. The thing is these guys always have something else going for them.

So just forget what you can't change. It will only hold you back needlessly. Work on changing everything you can to better yourself, although even now you are fine as you are. Acceptance. Just accept it and it wont bother you anymore.

/End quoting myself. This is necessary because a lot of people on here think they are ugly, even when they aren't, and this kind of crap messes with their head and makes them lose confidence. Nice one. I used to think I was ugly, and it screwed me over. Now I don't but what really got me out of it was realizing looks don't matter much at all.

After all that I will admit that looks do matter a little bit. The thing is that you can break it up into face, body and clothes. Anyone can improve 2 of these. So you could have a ‘ugly’ guy with a attractive body that is well dressed. What then? Is he attractive? Is he still ugly? Whatever it is we should strive to improve those areas. Looks are not even close to the deciding factor, but they do help you form a good first impression and therefore get you in the door quicker. You might also get some cheap pickups, or maybe it’s a little easier. Either way it is no reason to get down if you don’t consider yourself attractive. I’m just saying don’t take the looks don’t matter thing to the extreme.

Posting the rest of this and hoping i haven't ran out of my 10 post limit!

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) "Nice guys finish last"

WRONG, nice guys finish first. I hear so much on this board about "neg hits" and how "being a jerk" works for getting women. While there may be some validity to those things, ask yourself what kind of woman would actually respond to that? Would a normal, well adjusted female respond favorably to being treated like crap? Is that really the kind of person you want to end up with in a long term relationship? I'm not saying you should be some supplicating wuss who bends over for a woman. I am saying that if you're "nice" in the right context, it will work wonders. In order for a girl to really be "into you" she has to associate you with "good feelings". If you're always a jerk or ripping on her about how she looks, how is she going to have good feelings when she thinks about you? You may then ask "But how do you handle it if a woman disrespects you? How do you be nice to that"? My answer is YOU DON'T. One thing I've noticed about women in all my dating experiences is that they hardly ever listen to what you say. You can tell women they're doing something wrong 100 times and it will never sink in. So what does a "nice guy" do when he's disrespected? HE PULLS AWAY HIS ATTENTION. He doesn't say "Honey, that was so rude of you", he just casually stops calling and doesn't make a big deal out of it. I promise you if you do this, the girl will intuitively associate that behavior with punishment, and it will sink into her psyche far more than yelling at her.
Um, yes they do. This REALLY shows you don't understand attraction. Perhaps you are onto something but your definition of a 'nice guy' and a 'jerk' are far removed from mine, and probably a lot of people on here. After reading How To Be The Jerk Women Love - FJ Shark I found I really understood why being a jerk works, or rather it reminded me. The thing is his definition of jerk is basically my definition of DJ. A jerk might yell at his women and treat her like crap, but no one on here says to do that. What attracts the women to him are the side-effects of his jerk psyche, not the actual act of being a jerk. It is perfectly possible to attract a work without being a jerk in the traditional definition of the word.

Also you don't really understand what everyone means by 'nice guy' on here. When a nice guy is disrespected he doesn't pull away, a DJ pulls away! A nice guy thinks he has done something wrong so tries to give her more attention! This just makes things worse and is effectively rewarding her for treating him badly. A nice guy only gives her attention and tries to buy good feelings, this does nothing to create attraction. A DJ or maybe even a jerk rewards the girl with good feelings, the nice guy just gives them for free where they aren't appreciated. BAM friends zone. How can she know good if she doesn't know bad?

I said before girls are attracted to FEELINGS. She wants to feel a ***** range of emotions. This is what a jerk does. He makes her feel bad but she thinks she can change him. She absolutely loves it and really appreciates it when he is nice. You can't just be nice all the time, it's fake. You also can't just be a jerk all of the time, it won’t work. Everyone here is striving to be a DJ. To do that you need to give her a range of emotions without being mean. I brought this up in a post recently when I asked when is taking being a jerk too far.

What's important to note is that attractive women are used to guys being nice to them. They are used to complements about their looks. If you complement them it will go unnoticed. However if you give them a 'neg' (I tend to think as negs as teasing and therefore flirting rather than techniques) they will NOTICE. It will stand out, they won’t be able to stop thinking about you. On the other side I would like to mention that if you are sincerely being nice, without wanting anything, without being needy, without being a walkover, it will work wonders. The problem is no one seems to be able to do this with attractive chicks. It is also less exacting and therefore less exciting than teasing her. However it is necessary to do this at times.

Also I would like to note that if a chick is genuinely insecure it is FAR better to complement her than to 'neg' her. It has to be sincere. This way you will stand out compared to just being a jerk if you neg this type of girl. It’s important to note that you won’t find many good looking girls like this because hot girls are used to being complemented on. If you complement her it should be on a smaller more specific detail that is unique to her, or something she has worked on, like her clothes. The most powerful ones are about her personality.

My 'game' for hotter girls is busting on them (tons of fun) lightly about her looks. She might be a little or something but I will stand out in her mind a lot. Attraction has begun. Once I have been fun and *gasp* ****y + funny for awhile I will try and get her to open up. If she tells me something about herself I will reward her by being, wait for it... nice. I will give her sincere complements about herself that she wouldn't have heard from other guys. I will make it clear I like her for her personality, not her looks. This way it seems like I come from an abundance mindset with lots of girls because looks don't wow me. I won’t come across as wanting something from her; I am just enjoying her company. I will be unlike most other guys. Guess what? IT WORKS. I’m not talking myself up, far from it, I’m just explaining how things like this should be used, because far too many people don’t understand it properly. I didn’t used to. It is really hard to do if you don’t have a lot of experience, or if you aren’t ‘in state’. Not a nice guy, not a jerk, a DJ? Maybe.

3) "It's our fault (men) when we lose a woman because we just didn't have good enough game or weren't able to read her properly"

WRONG, I've heard this one so many times on this forum by keyboard jockies who think they're Don Juan. They claim if you're doing your job right, you'll never lose a girl. This is pure horseshyt!!!!!!! It's a hard fact that you guys are going to have to understand but, SOMETIMES, EVEN IF YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT, IT STILL WON'T WORK OUT. It doesn't mean that your game wasn't tight; It doesn't mean that you're not "man enough", it just means that nothing is ever 100 percent fool proof. We, as men can do everything we're supposed to do, and sometimes it won't work. Don't listen to these ass clowns telling you that you should have been able to read her mind or you should have done this or that. Everybody's a Monday morning quarterback after the fact. Just chalk it up to life experience, and be more vigilant in the future.
FINALLY you got something right! This is so true and everyone should known this. There are some girls you just can’t have no matter what you do. It doesn’t matter how tight your ‘game’ is or how great you are. There are lots of girls in ‘love’ with other guys. There are lots of girls not interested in a relationship. There are lots of girls you just aren’t compatible with. There are so many variables it is impossible to get every girl. It’s a numbers game. However if something is consistently not working you are probably doing something wrong. If something doesn’t work you can almost always learn something from that and improve. Also if you post a field report none of the guys on here really have a good idea of what went on. You might get some good advice but take everything with a grain of salt.

In closing: The things taught on this board are mostly true. If done correctly, they will greatly improve your chances with women. But like anything else in life, there are always variables that we can't foresee. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work out, afterall, we learn something from every interaction we have with women, and this lessens(but doesn't eliminate) our chances of screwing up in the future.
Yep true, seems like half of your post was good after all. I wonder if I spent an hour of my life writing this over semantics. If you are talking from experience not just following words blindly you are probably a lot better off than a lot of people, including myself as I was for a long time. Hm I can’t believe I spent so much time and effort writing this just for one thread But if someone benefits from it then it will be worth it.

SayWord?

Don Juan
Reaction score
justiceseeker said:
A Women, not matter how rich, always marry on the same level or higher.
Not true

Anyway this threads getting uglier than craig mack

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
MATURE WOMEN - The less money you have the more you looks matter

YOUNG GIRLS - Your looks are 99% of your value to them cause they get money from their parents..
Whatever happend to just falling in love wit a nigga with a bus pass?

SayWord?

Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
Whatever happend to just falling in love wit a nigga with a bus pass?
Jus cuz u luv da nga
But I'm a pimp mfer I gotta be a playa

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good guys/nice guys will always finish last with lousy women. Gauge your behaviour accordingly. Treat a ho like a ho, and a real woman like a real woman and you'll never go wrong.

The only problem is sometimes it's difficult to discern a ho from a real woman. Spotting the difference is a very important skill. Assume she's a ho until she proves otherwise.

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Juanabbe said:
Good guys/nice guys will always finish last with lousy women. Gauge your behaviour accordingly. Treat a ho like a ho, and a real woman like a real woman and you'll never go wrong.

The only problem is sometimes it's difficult to discern a ho from a real woman. Spotting the difference is a very important skill. Assume she's a ho until she proves otherwise.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
justiceseeker said:
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Cheers. It's really very simple, and will save you wasting your time on the wrong woman. Hos are for f*cking, women are for getting more serious with. The unfortunate thing is, these days, there is a plethora of hos.

I have no problem with guys who want to act like pimps with certain women, as long as they do it with the woman who will respond to that. A good woman will not.

I am personally looking for the 'right' woman to settle down with. Consequently, I do not adjust my behaviour until I see what I am dealing with. I have been screening the women I meet with great scrutiny and can now usually tell a ho fairly quickly. Once you wrap your head around it, the signals become blaring.

Whereas, in my youth, I would actually waste my time trying to have a relationship with lousy women, because I had the rose coloured glasses on. This is the single, biggest hurdle young DJs must get past. I was part of the so called 'matrix'. In the cold light of day, few women in modern society can withstand scrutiny. The ones who can, pass go and collect $200.

The ones who cannot get fawked and chucked for their trouble by pimps and/or DJs. They then recede back to their personal hell of having beta males and AFCs kising their asses and ultimately keeping them unfulfilled, except on the superficial level of the ego stroke.

Hos are not good enough for DJs, that is why AFCs exist, to keep the hos happy. Hos really are ultimately self abusive, female AFCs.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks do matter,...

They get threads closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.