Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
What do you guys think of death?
It's inevitable.

Are you scared of it?
No. But scared of the transition.

What do YOU THINK happens to someone after they die?
Brain stops funcioning, and you can't think, hear, smell, feel...

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?
No.

Anything else you want to add about death?
With any luck, I'll be able to genetically modify myself to be eternally youthful, just before I keel over. ;)

Cheers

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When we are born 2 things are certain
1. We will pay taxes.
2. We will die.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys think that maybe some of the guys who use to go to this forum are now dead i mean maybe someone who we never heard from agian and used to come to this forum is dead now.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion theres no reason to be scared of death, youre livind to die as that song goes, "live and let die". I think life is just kinda of a learning experience with a purpose and nothing else. Dieing would mean to return to a non physical state in which you can no longer experience human like things, such as emotions, or pain and maybe free will. But i think that life goes on after death, well not life as we know it, but youll still exist.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_Joffe
When we are born 2 things are certain
1. We will pay taxes.
2. We will die.
My uncle escaped taxes... Fasle statement

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
death is not suppose to be scary.
death may be the end to life on this earth as we know it, however in many people's beliefs , it is a new beginning somewhere else.

when you die, your body gets numb without pain.
you feel this very warm glow that holds you tight .
very many people have had near death experiences, and they say that you do not want to come out of the warm glow.
your whole being is attracked to it, you feel love and light, like no other feeling before.

i suggest you consider your feelings on what your beliefs for yourself are. figure that part of yourself out.
once you do that, you wont fear death anymore.
you might not stand in line to go today, but you arent deeply afraid of it.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmmm... ever thought about it THIS way....

Originally posted by Jumpin' Jack Flash
im just curious...if you believe in god, do you also believe in heaven and hell? if i knew heaven and hell were real i definately wouldnt be afraid of death; but right now i feel the same way as you about it, it chills me that one day im not gonna be here, and never will again. the lesson is to make the best out of every opportunity before its too late
I kinda feel the same way as u about death, ya... and as far as Heaven and Hell is concerned, well... i do believe in it, kinda, but not in the way that people make it out to be (Heaven = garden with flowers and colours and butterflies etc etc : Hell = Fire, pain, devil, etc) .. i dont think its like that... but i really dont know!

Penkitten: You ever had a dream while you were in a deep sleep? You ever NOT want to wake up from a dream? Well thats what those people were experiancing when they were "near death" ... they were in a very deep sleep, having a dream of "heaven" and seeing that they think heaven is SUCH a nice place, they didnt want to wake up, because the dream was so real and so nice that they wanted to stay in "heaven" .... think about it... ALL of the documentries that i have watched in my life about "life after death" .. NOT ONE PERSON EVER EVER SAID THAT THEY SAW HELL OR SOMETHING BAD!! They all saw "heaven" because thats where they WANT to go to after they die... and they DREAM that they are going to heaven, and they all see heaven in the way that they picture it in their mind, but all it is, is simply a dream that they think is real, and they LIKE the dream , so they dont wanna wake up. This happens to MANY people on an every-day basis.. its happened to me several times when i never wanted to wake up, or get out of bed because i was having a nice dream, and i wanted to just go BACK to sleep and continue the dream..... but ya.. thats just the way I see it... what do YOU think?:rolleyes:

Laterz...

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jumpin' Jack Flash
heh whys that cable? ive never heard of it
It's an "adaptive fiction" book taking aspects of the Bible into an in-depth story about how the world was formed, when man came to the scene, and why things like death, sin, and confessionals exist in the world.

It starts off with Lucifer being cast out of hell and how him and his demon buddies are going to spite God by tarnishing God's favourite creation (man). It's really cool, and definately a good read.

I'll warn you, though, Milton gets long-winded in some of his sentences at times. :eek:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am by no means a medical expert, but this is my theory:

When you get shot, you hurt like helll..you feel the agonizing pain.. however.. on one hand you wish to stop fighting, so you stop holding on, and breathe out as you are cast in abyss...

on the other hand, you say "FUKK DYING, i got too much to live for, you get through the pain and keep going untill you recover"

Why are there people who die from stomach wounds while others live after 5-6 shots?

If i ever get shot, im saying fukk this and getting my ass back up.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better get this in before the mods close it...

... if they're wussies.

What do you guys think of death?

At last a real interesting discussion. I've got one of the less conventional points of view of it.

Are you scared of it?

No. Not too crazy about what typically leads up to it, though.

What do YOU THINK happens to someone after they die?

My best working model, based on my observations and data, is that the body rots and the spirit moves on, either to flow into the universal consciousness or be reincarnated in a more-or-less random fashion, taking with it the spiritual lessons learned in past incarnations. No rhyme or reason to the next station in life one is born into. Pure "luck of the draw."

When my dad died (I was in the room), I felt no attachment to his body. Dogs could have eaten it, for all I cared. At his wake I pointed out the picture of him throwing a baseball to my friends: "that is my dad." But in the moments after he died I definitely felt a reassuring presence of his spirit, saying, in effect: "I'm all right, go out and do your thing." My dad was pretty open-minded in his late years, and made spritual progress to the end, though he had become rather non-religious. He learned his lessons well. If he is renincarnated, I have a sense that person is going to be exceptional. I miss him at times, but don't feel the least bit sad for him.

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

I believe "heaven" and "hell" are beliefs that arise from the varieties of near-death experiences that occur when one's brain is seriously deprived of oxygen. Apparently about 85% have the pleasant, warm, "white light" sort of near-death experience as penkitten described, and about 15% have an experience of darkness, fire, terror, violence, mutilation, etc. Hell, as we know it. I know of no particular correlation between one's conduct during their life and what kind of near-death experience they have. I think the type of near-death experience has to do with their biochemical state at the time of death: neurotransmitter levels, etc.

A lot of people do come out of near-death experiences more religious, which some take as knoledge gained from the experience, but can be just as well explained by the death of lots of brain cells under such oxygen-deprived conditions (Bonhomme dons fireproof suit :)).

I think those are temporary "dream states," that only occur in the throes of such oxygen deprivation, but projected into eternity because people tend to extrapolate (project things in the way they are going at the time), rather than expect changes and transitions. But change is the only constant thing in life, however unnoticeable the changes may be at times.

There is nothing in Sazuki's point of view that is inconsistent with living your life to the fullest. Each wave is part of the overall flow, and important in that sense. Except -- as he would probably concur -- the analogy is a bit lacking in that we're "smart waves," that aren't just taken along with the flow. To some extent, we can chart our own course.

Last edited:

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: hmmmm... ever thought about it THIS way....

ALL of the documentries that i have watched in my life about "life after death" .. NOT ONE PERSON EVER EVER SAID THAT THEY SAW HELL OR SOMETHING BAD!! They all saw "heaven" because thats where they WANT to go to after they die...
actuly, although it is the minority of cases, some do have bad bear death experinces, somthing like 15% of people who experince them feel pain and fear rather then joy and happines.

I belive they are real and your spirit is comming out, firstly because people have been able to see objects whilst floating that they could not have seen from the ground, so they where actuly there and they could describe the procoduers the doctors performed and the tools used even thou they where unconsious.

these experinces chance people for ever and apprntly many who have had long experinces of it have gone on to achive great things. The have come up with cures for illneses that they found out during there experince, there was a guy that after his experince patinted over 100 things and many of the most important people have had these experinces before they did what ever it was they did, for example churchill and einstein.

Some of the greatest things plato ever 'came up with' where actuly told to him by some one who had a near death experince.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok.. BUT...

check_mate_kid_uk:

1) Your spirit might come out your body when in a near death experiance, but what i dont believe in is the "light" and the things that people claim to see when they are in this near death experiance. And like i said in my previous post, i think that they see what they THINK heaven or hell looks like, so being in the deep sl;eep that they are in, it seems real, but its not. I might be wrong, but thats just MY opinion.

2) The reason that people explain what they see when they are in a near death experiance could also be that what they DO see is in a much more spiritual lever for them to understand what it is, and so they "translate" what they see to the best of their ability, which explains why different people see different things, i guess:rolleyes: ...

Laterz...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ok.. BUT...

2) The reason that people explain what they see when they are in a near death experiance could also be that what they DO see is in a much more spiritual lever for them to understand what it is, and so they "translate" what they see to the best of their ability, which explains why different people see different things, i guess:rolleyes:
still, how did these people know what the doctors where doing the tools used and what was being said, and it turned out to be true.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a difference...

Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
still, how did these people know what the doctors where doing the tools used and what was being said, and it turned out to be true.
Because the things that the doctors are doing, or an object on the ground are all phisical things that the human brain understands what they are.... but the "next world" is something WAY more spiritual than this life/world, so people's minds wont know how to "translate" what they see in the "next world", so their mind will show them what they THINK heaven looks like... much like the times when u have a dream/nightmare of places that you have not seen or been to irl, but it feels like you are really there... your mind is alot more powerfull than you think;)

Laterz...

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
DEATH IS BUT A DOOR.
It's written on someone's tomb. Can't remember who.
Ah...I think you're refering to Ghostbusters II in referance to Vigo the Carpathian (sp?).

"Death is but a door, time is but a window, I'll be back."

Good movie.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: There is a difference...

Because the things that the doctors are doing, or an object on the ground are all phisical things that the human brain understands what they are.... but the "next world" is something WAY more spiritual than this life/world, so people's minds wont know how to "translate" what they see in the "next world", so their mind will show them what they THINK heaven looks like... much like the times when u have a dream/nightmare of places that you have not seen or been to irl, but it feels like you are really there... your mind is alot more powerfull than you think;)

Laterz...
you missed it complety what i meant is these people are unconsious, infact clinicly dead for several minutes. How can they recall things that actuly happened in reality whilst they are unconsious, even things that went on in the next room, because they are unconsious so they can not see or hear what is in reality going on around them, unless the near death experince is not a dream!

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read what i said carefully...

Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
you missed it complety what i meant is these people are unconsious, infact clinicly dead for several minutes. How can they recall things that actuly happened in reality whilst they are unconsious, even things that went on in the next room, because they are unconsious so they can not see or hear what is in reality going on around them, unless the near death experince is not a dream!
No.. i think you missed what i was saying... I was saying that the soul DOES exit the body, and it CAn see all things on this world while floating about, but the soul is still use to the phisical state of being on THIS earth, so when is see'e the "next world" it does not know how to "translate" what it is seeing, so it will SEEm to be like what the person THOUGHT heaven or hell to look like etc... but the soul will be able to see things normally (on THIS world) when its OUTSIDE the body, so seeing what happens in the other room etc is possible.

laterz...