Critique my workout!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day one

Incline bench 3x6 (Do flat bench if you want, but incline is safer. Use a low incline.)
Db rows/rows 3x6 (Db rows on a bench would put less pressure on your ankle. Generally easier to do as well).
Skullcrushers or other tri exercise 3x10
Ab exercise 3x10

Day two

Seated oh press (standing puts pressure on ankle) 3x6
Pulldowns 3x6
Bi curls 3x10
Ab exercise (different from day one) 3x10

Some ab exercises could be situps, kneeling rollouts, plank variations, leg raises, etc. Situps are probably a good idea if you can because they work the hips a bit.

I would probably do some grip work as well. Holding heavy db's for time, reverse curls 3x10, stuff like that.

Stop 1-2 reps short of failure as well. When will you ankle be back to normal?

I would also try and do some light leg stuff like lying on your side and raising your legs up and down. Just doing this for a bunch of reps (say 100, break it up into sets if you need too) will add some kind of athleticsm and have you better prepared when you can do heavy leg work again.

Start a log.

Quagmire

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally, thanks.

It could be a 2-3 months of healing in the cast, and a few weeks after that for some getting back to normal

Im still on keto basically, but I have no idea about post and preworkout meals, do I eat carbs here?

Also, what about carb ups? Once a week or less frequent?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The above is a two day upper (obviously) with fairly standard volume, maybe a little lower than average. If you're relatively new to training you should see weekly strength gains on most of the exercises. If it's too much which I doubt it will be, we can lower the daily volume or you can switch to one workout chest/tris/shoulders and the other do back.

If you have never done these exercises spend a few weeks getting your form down and keep the reps higher and the weight lower. After that you should be adding 2.5kg every session to most things except skullcrushers and curls where adding reps some weeks will do instead. This isn't a race, take things a week at a time.

For the diet usually upon starting a keto you go for the first two weeks without anything but trace carbs. EFFORT said a month in this thread I think, but I've not read about that anywhere. He will probably chime in before two weeks is up, so go at least two weeks and see what he has to say about it.

After that it can vary how frequently and how many carbs people intake, it is indvidual. If EFFORT hasn't got back too you after two weeks I'll help you out with it.

So first two weeks, no carbs except from green veggies. This includes pre and post workout.

Good luck,

Quagmire

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can go more than that, 3-4 day routine is possible. Im not a total beginner I was lifting for a year before my leg injury, so feel free to add some intermediate exercises, I can handle a 3-4 day routine also. Also, all the exercises you've recommended ive got my form down, save for the deadlift.

Just want you guys to know you arent working with a complete newbie here

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't really go more than two days to be honest if you can only do upper body. If you could do everything 3-4 would be fine, but you can't do upperbody 3-4 days a week.

Just get in plenty of cardio!