Critique my workout!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Meal 1-4eggs, 1 table spoon Olive Oil, 5 (1000mg fish oil pills)
Meal 2-5oz of chicken, fish or beef, 1table spoon Olive Oil, 5 Fish Oil, 1/2 cup Broccoli or salad (no carb dressing)
Meal 3-same as 2
Meal 4- same as 2

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ yes I know

But when you told me to hold off on the weights and do cardio, I told you I couldnt. So do I get back into weights now, am I waiting for something?

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Few questions before I start

1. How do I make my fats healthy fats rather than saturated fats?
2. What are some healthy fat foods?
3. What are the low carb veggies I should be eating?
4. Im doing keto and lifting weights, when should I do my carb up and how many carbs?

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
battle_sheep said:
Did you forget my ankle is broken? I can't just hop on a bike and ride my ass off for 30 minutes, sorry

When your ankle heals up, start riding a bicycle if you have access to one. And like Drum&Bass pointed out, most anything can be considered a cardiovascular exercise if it gets your heart rate up. Sit in a chair and flap your arms as fast and as long as you can stand it. Combining cardio and weight training would go a long way toward helping you lose weight.

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
chest

incline bench
flat bench
dips

back

deadlift
bb rows
db rows
pull ups
chin ups

shoulders

overhead press
military press

How long till your ankle is usable again?
Is this all one day?

How many times a week?

Oh and effort how is the diet going to look now?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
battle_sheep said:
Is this all one day?

How many times a week?

Oh and effort how is the diet going to look now?
How much weight have you lost since starting it?

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
How much weight have you lost since starting it?
I ended up getting my weight wrong when I first posted, I had a stomach bug and went to the hospital for some medicine and the weight in was 337lb, so sorry I cant tell you how much I lost :eek:

Any info about the workout plan?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use the 337 as a base now and follow the same diet for the next month. Start a journal here to keep track of everything. How you feel, energy levels, how well your following the diet, etc.

In terms of working out. What can you do? Give more info on what it is you can do that doesn't cause your ankle pain. Weights and Cardio.

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Use the 337 as a base now and follow the same diet for the next month. Start a journal here to keep track of everything. How you feel, energy levels, how well your following the diet, etc.

In terms of working out. What can you do? Give more info on what it is you can do that doesn't cause your ankle pain. Weights and Cardio.
I can do all the above except the deadlifts.

I cant do pullups or chin ups, sorry, I will when I get stronger but for now, I physically cannot do them

I can pretty much do all cardio- the elliptical, bike, etc. Just not the treadmill because its just generally uncomfortable

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, are those workouts all one day?

How many reps/sets? 5x5, 5x3?

Im doing M,W,F

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752 follow this, just don't do the deadlifts. Do 35min on the elliptical on all non lifting days.
Squats too, im too unstable, the bottom of the cast is round and there will be a difference in height on each foot, i hate to shoot everything down but I cant risk making my injury worse

The workout quicksilver gave me was great, I could do all of them save for the deadlifts

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
can I get some answers on the workout?

I also cant do any of the bodyweight exercises, i feel like I should just make my own workout with compounds

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good morning, can you do it? You don't need to bend your legs quite so much as that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzWg0zq_vM

If you went over by a few grams that's not a big deal. 10-20g and your starting to change things. If it's mostly from lettuce it shouldn't be an issue though.

If the holidays are going to be a problem for you, as in today, tommorow, get started next week or on the weekend.

Instead of chins, you use a pulldown machine: http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/1/12981/lat pulldown.jpg

Btw could you do bodyweight squats without a barbell? That way you can start at bw and start adding resistance by using dumbbells.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I advise you to incorporate flies into your chest routine, many seem to talk them down but I have seen big chest gains since I started doing them.

I would also advise not doing anything leg-related while this ankle is broken, don't risk messing it up further or delaying the heal, do your workouts primarily sitting down until the damn thing heals.

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quag, I dont really want to be on my cast with a barbell on my back, it just seems like a bad idea, all the other barbell exercises im doing are relatively easy to get out of in a bad situation, and also what Julius mentioned above.

Ill do the pulldown machine and also chest flies like Julius mentioned

-----
Another thing, im getting mixed messages, what is my workout plan? How many sets and reps?