Complains about David DeAngelo!?!?

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is true.

personally, I dont have a problem with him making a product for women.

but first, he hides it from his male clients, and second, he says, in catchhimandkeephim to basically "avoid immature men" IE ones who dont want a relationship. so he bashed his male clientele

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If he wants to help women who are having trouble with men, and make a considerable amount of money on the side, good for him! I don't feel threatened, what's the big deal?

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
he hides it from his male clients, and second, he says, in catchhimandkeephim to basically "avoid immature men" IE ones who dont want a relationship. so he bashed his male clientele
He doesn't 'hide' it from his male clients. Since when does David Deangelo have to give the community advance notice before he takes a piss? Secondly, doesn't Deangelo say to us men to avoid crazy and immature women? Thirdly, to say that he bashed his male clientele by saying don't date immature men, do you not insinuate that all DYD users are immature?

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt "insinuate" anything. I got that information based on posts from people who have read the book. in the Catchhimandkeephim ebook, the writer says to avoid men who arent interested in commitment, and who are successful at dating several women, because they are "immature". not my words. I think most men who have the right attitude and are successful with women are *very* mature.

David D doesnt have to tell us everything. but isnt it a little suspicious when this new product for women comes out, saying stuff about "immature men" who use routines and techniques (IE ****y and funny), that happens to be from the some company as DYD, but under a different author? (Christian Carter is actually revealed to be a member of the DYD team, not David Deangelo himself)

I personally respect and admire David D. I study a lot of his concepts, theories and techniques, and find it to be solid. this is why it was a shock to me when I heard of catchhimandkeephim. now, I think I smell a rat. he is deliberately turning his new female clientele against his male clientele who have used the very techniques that he taught.

to quote Thundercat's seduction lair, it sounds like Deangelo wants to be "the Don King of the seduction community, getting paid no matter who wins"
http://www.thundercatseductionlair.com/2005/06/dyd_creates_wus.html

they start talking about CHAKH halfway through that page. read for yourself, and believe what you want.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's funny how people relate David D soley on his CF material but seem to totally disregard all his other (fantasitic material on inner game/masulinity issues) stuff... DYD is awesome material,it's like a giant avalanche of self-help stuff all rolled into a sweet package ...for $800 or equal monthly payments.
:)

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe the dude is a scam artist. He's produced loads of DVDs and I've still not seen him pick up any women. All I've seen him do is spout theory and tall tales to rooms full of insecure men.

Long2024

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like he's practicing his own techniques, playing the field. Most aerospace/defense companies sell to both sides of a war when they can. Why shouldn't David Deangelo?

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Jariel said:
I believe the dude is a scam artist. He's produced loads of DVDs and I've still not seen him pick up any women. All I've seen him do is spout theory and tall tales to rooms full of insecure men.
He is not a pickup artist! He's a dating counselor/guru or whatever. His material and theory is good and he puts alot into his work but I find listening to him sometimes boring and his DVD/CD material a bit on the pricey side. Yet you can tell he has alot of passion towards his work of understanding the male/female dynamic. He's also one of the few guys Ive seen or heard that doesnt try to undermine every other guru or whatever out there. Most of the other guys backstab each other saying their material is weak, dumb or whatever but David is always interviewing other artist, and such realizing that everyone has something to say about this.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about all of his stuff, but I must say what I've heard is enjoyable to listen to.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of his stuff is OK. I mean, his guest speakers give good advice on basic stuff like having girls over for movies, nowhere to sit but the bed, have wine available, make dinner at home instead of a fancy restaruant, don't be a baby/wussy. However, without Mystery Method, Swinggcat, or Shark's stuff I doubt I would ever have gotten very good on Deangelo's stock stuff alone.

He's not a scam artist, he just doesn't actually have anything useful to say so he has to depend on guest speakers. I often have found it better to go straight to the horse's mouth. For example, in his BL series the only thing useful was a female guest speaker and Mystery's 5 minutes.

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
Remember him always preaching about not being able to meet woman and get dates, and how it took him a loong time to be successful with woman?

Well, in one of his articles on Catch Him & Keep Him he says and I quote "I've been very fortunate in life in that I've never had a hard time meeting women or getting dates..."

lol, total con-artist

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my god, does no one read posts on this forum? Seriously, people have said MANY TIMES that Christian Carter is part of the DYD team! It's just David D.'s company branching out into more fields. I have been skeptical of his work, sure, because its hard to believe that someone would actually go to great lengths to do honest work without taking advantage of men who feel they need it.

I am curious to see David out and about meeting women and showing how its done but even then I'm sure you'll get people on the forum going "Man there's no way that's real. I bet they just had actresses pretend to be strangers and get picked up." <-- and that's why nothing works for you.

David D. may be a con-artist, but reading and listening and watching his materials has definitely improved my game. I say that a con-artist by definitely tricks you into thinking that they have something that will benefit you that only ends up benefiting them in the end (i.e. money). I found though that his materials really did help me, so to me he's not.

Just because there's the slight possibility that its actually David D. doesn't mean that you should dismiss his materials. Especially when they get results.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
everywomanshero said:
However, without Mystery Method, Swinggcat, or Shark's stuff I doubt I would ever have gotten very good on Deangelo's stock stuff alone.
I agree that the guy hasn't "put up" enough to allow for anything more than theoretical blather.

He's not a scam artist, he just doesn't actually have anything useful to say so he has to depend on guest speakers. I often have found it better to go straight to the horse's mouth. For example, in his BL series the only thing useful was a female guest speaker and Mystery's 5 minutes.
I've skimmed through his material and I've found that he does have some good points but has he ever been spotted out with an HB outside of his workshops or interview series? I think he's a weaker, more monotone Dr. Phil without the Texas drawl who doesn't even remember his own information enough to not use a teleprompter. He's a marketing tool nothing more.

Lots of you guys think his sh!t is gospel. None of the "gurus" are the be all to end all of women. Each of them have confidence and experience. Therein lies thier power.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Experience is a huge thing. For example, It doesn't do any good to read AMOGing examples unless you've already dealt with some AMOG trying to talk over you. You just cannot relate to it until it's already happened at least a couple of times. Through this process, you will now remember what you've read because you can relate to it. Also, you will learn what works and doesn't work in that situation. The power of this is you can be extremely ****ing calibrated when AMOGing other guys. It will begin to work very quickly for you, maybe even the first attempt.

The key is the experience. You have to test everything you read including sexual techniques while it is still fresh in your mind. The more reading you cram in the less you actually do what you're supposed to do.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
I think he knows what he's doing. I mean, what's he supposed to tell them? "Go for the players. They're the best catch." No. He'd tell them to look for the guys that want a relationship. That's what they wanna hear, that's what they'll pay for. Besides, would you rather he tell them what to watch for? "If a guy comes up to you and starts making you laugh while sounding ****y, RUN!" lol.

I say he's helping both sides out. If the girl is looking for a relationship with the boring regular guy, then the more surprised and happy she'll be when the DJ comes along and sweeps her off her feet. On the other hand, all his advice for guys is aimed at these kinds of girls, so if he told them all what to expect from us, he'd ruin his business. I just think he's helping both guys and girls out, even if they don't realize it.

Either that, or he just knows that girls aren't logical.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DeAngelo's a brilliant marketeer. Define the problem in your own terms and offer a solution at a price people will pay. P.T. Barnum would be proud.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a lot of people like David Deangelo... To be honest, I think DD is full of ****! Of course some of the things he talks about make sense, but a lot of it is completely stupid! His whole study about animals and how it relates to attraction, I mean, common!