Cologne....in high school of course.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just wondering, how many of you who are in high school (or remember this from your high school years) if you wore cologne on a day to day basis?

I'm not talking about Axe or any body spray because that stuff is cheap and we can always wear it every day, but what about cologne?

I tried it one day and got compliments from girls I've never even talked to but I've been going to high school with for many years.

:EDIT: Also, how do you put your cologne on? Do you spray in the air and walk into the mist? Any particular method to not make it overbearing?

Last edited:

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
I wear it everyday, i rarely get a compliment though, i usually get complimented on my eyes...
Yeah but if you've got a cologne that compliments you pretty well it adds to attraction :up: . Maybe try on different scents to see female's responses.

Is burberry touch your cologne htown?

HTownLunatic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Burberry Touch is the cologne I use on a daily basis... Well not when Im laying around on my sofa. But when I go out or go to school, you know. In my opinion, it's not a good idea to wear a different cologne everyday. I'm actually known for my scent. :up:

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Yeah but if you've got a cologne that compliments you pretty well it adds to attraction :up: . Maybe try on different scents to see female's responses.

Is burberry touch your cologne htown?
Well i dont really know how to tell if it compliments me, I have:
Eternity
Hugo
Cool Water
Joop
Curve Wave
Aqua Di Gio
I use them all but noone really notices lol, no biggie though

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've never used cologne besides axe before but I think ill give it a try...

Lately in Chemistry I've been studying how organic compounds in musk, cologne, pheremones, etc. cause attraction... theres some really powerful stuff out there.

The other night I was out with a girl, needless to say, we got pretty close. Today I was doing the laundry and as I smelled shirt the shirt I wore that night to see if it was dirty, I suddenly got really horny... it was probably covered in pheremones :D

I'm pretty sure cologne gives this type of effect.

What kind of price does a good cologne go for? Also, anyone have a suggestion to start off with?

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drakkar Noir, Cool Water, Eternity, Curve, Lucky You, and at christmas Aqua Di Gio finally. I have others but they are meh.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Yookiwooki said:
i've never used cologne besides axe before but I think ill give it a try...

Lately in Chemistry I've been studying how organic compounds in musk, cologne, pheremones, etc. cause attraction... theres some really powerful stuff out there.

The other night I was out with a girl, needless to say, we got pretty close. Today I was doing the laundry and as I smelled shirt the shirt I wore that night to see if it was dirty, I suddenly got really horny... it was probably covered in pheremones :D

I'm pretty sure cologne gives this type of effect.

What kind of price does a good cologne go for? Also, anyone have a suggestion to start off with?
around 30$ 40-50 for the really good kinds

All the ones i listed in my previous post smell nice, i would recommend Fierce from abercrombie and fitch, its ****ing amazing

Slim Shady607

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new cologne "Mustang"? I'm getting it for Christmas :-\

HTownLunatic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aqua Di Gio is actually really good stuff. I used to have some but ran out a couple months ago. thats when i switched to burberry.

And my method is one shot to each pect and one on the neck. But its however you want to go about it. Some do wrists.

NSUballer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not all cologne smells good on everyone. we all have different skin. you have to try some different ones and get a girls opinion. spray one wrist with one kind and the other with something else.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shut up and do a freakin search. everyone will post here what they wear now trying to get their own opinion out as if they are some genius.

"methods" of wearing cologne in high school is the same outside of high school.

im sure we have about 100 total now... and if i can recall, people made more than 5 threads of them in the past 6 months or w/e.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out the colognes that have been repeated throughout this thread, those are your best bet to gather attention from women.

As for your question about the "Mustang" cologne, I went to a store about a week ago selling this product, and I personally did not like it.

Try using some of these colognes: Armani's Aqua De Gio (Personal favourite), Hugo Boss (I believe there is a new one out, much too broke to purchase it, but it's amazing!), Cool Water (Relatively a great cologne, slightly cheaper than the colognes listed above), Burberry London, and Drakkar Noir (I used to use this cologne and was satisfied with it.)

@ HandyAndy - You have a fine cologne collection, if I do say so myself lol.

@ LostAndConfused - Drop the AXE completely, it's hored and everybody knows what it smells like. There are TONS of threads in this forum about different types of colognes, but the top ones have already been mentioned here. But I should warn you, some of the colognes in the other threads tend to have a much "older" smell - and even though they are great for attracting women, women in high school don't tend to like those colognes. (Something I learned the hard way, haha.) Oh, and I agree with you to stick to one cologne, because it brings out memory to who you are, and that is definetly important when meeting a women, so long as the cologne you are remembered by turns her on instead of turns her off. ;)

Slim Shady607

Reaction score
It wasn't my choice to get the Mustang cologne. My mom(who is not hip) came up to me and said "I'm getting you cologne for Christmas." I was like, "Okay, cool. What kind?" And she said "It's named after one of your favorite cars." They don't have a cologne named "Camaro", so that pretty much gave it away.

But luckily, my brother out-grown his cologne(he's 37 now, maybe 38.) and gave it too me. There's 13 bottles, and most of them are good. Probably because his ex-girlfriends gave him the cologne. There's Tommy, Drakkar Noir, a ****-load of Calvin Klein, and some others. So I'm not really too worried about my cologne situation.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have different brands of cologne. I switch up my smell here and there so, the girls never know what smell i'll hit em with! One of my favorites is Cool Water Cologne. Remember... Predictable is boring. Have 2-3 different scents.

The best spots to apply cologne are the areas of your body that produce the most body heat. Body heat "activates" the cologne, increasing the strength of the smell and making it last as long as possible... while colder areas of your body tend to dull the smell and make it disappear more rapidly. To achieve maximum results when wearing cologne, apply it to the following body parts : Wrists, neck, arm pits, and behind the ears. When using a cologne spray, do NOT spray behind your ears, spray it onto your hands and wipe it on... the last thing you want is to smell like you took a bath in your cologne. Another added bonus of putting cologne behind your ears is the fact that when you are in a club with loud music girls tend to talk into your ear so you can hear them... and when they do they will get a nice gentle whiff of your scent.
Never apply cologne to your clothes, the smell will fade away in less than a few hours, plus your clothing does not contain natural pheromones like your body does... so spraying your shirt would not be produce the full effect of the cologne. When you spray cologne on your body in the right spots, pheromones mix together with the cologne to "create" an original smell... YOUR original smell. If you have ever wondered why the same brand of cologne smells different depending on who is wearing it, now you know... it is because each person's body produces slightly different pheromones, and when mixed with cologne produces their own unique "version" of the cologne.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
shut up and do a freakin search. everyone will post here what they wear now trying to get their own opinion out as if they are some genius.

"methods" of wearing cologne in high school is the same outside of high school.

im sure we have about 100 total now... and if i can recall, people made more than 5 threads of them in the past 6 months or w/e.
agreed. :up:
EDIT:
But

the OP has asked some specific questions that do vary from other threads. So I'm leaving this open.
He has not asked what cologne you wear or what you like so Please refrain from listing them and stick to the original questions. We already have threads asking what type one wheres or what cologne should be bought.

Last edited:

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks mpimpin,

I'll consider those colognes, but my whole issue is that I don't want to be walking around high school with people thinking things like:

"Oh did you smell the cologne LAC is wearing? It smells great on him!

Who's he trying to impress? He's definitely overdoing it."

The whole reason is that I had a friend in 8th grade who started wearing his dad's cologne around the same time he grew facial hair. He doesn't get much action, but its mainly because he's the class clown and entertains everyone. It was a big deal for a whole week, because my pitiful school has nothing else to talk about haha. On most other guys at my school, I don't see them wearing cologne, and many of them (especially AFCs) still get action. Most still wear Axe...but Axe doesn't work well on me because I stay active even during the school day and the smell wears off when I sweat a little.