Civil War 2024 (trailer)

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is really good movie and pretty realistic.
Definitely more so than "In A Violent Nature". Writer/director Chris Nash went out of his way to have a character say the words "Cancel Culture isn't real", then failed to include a sequence where the Jason stand-in acknowledges his privilege, as an undead slasher who's invulnerable to bullets

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's free eventually then I would wait. It is really good movie and pretty realistic.
Eventually, it would be legally "free" (ie well not completely free, but likely part of a subscription service, which you are paying whether you watch anything or not). The thing is I'm feeling a strong craving for watching this movie. I've seen trailers and clips of it, and it's like I'm feeling drawn to the atsmosphere, the way the depicted president sounds, etc.... However, I'm experiencing some financially challenges right now, and a purchase of a movie for $ 30.00 just seems frivolous and a bit insane where I might ultimately just end up watching the first 20 minutes of it and then shelving it away.

The other movie I can think of that I watched that had an "atmosphere" like what I"m feeling is Greenland (2020) with Gerald Butler and an asteroids actually hitting the US and wiping everything out. You felt that atmosphere there. I'm feeling a similar atmosphere with the vibe from this movie from what little I have already seen out there and know it's going to be great.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Offerman only acts for like 5 minutes total in the movie. Also, the movie is about war journalism not a civil war. Additionally, you never find out why the war started either. Jsyk

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Offerman only acts for like 5 minutes total in the movie. Also, the movie is about war journalism not a civil war. Additionally, you never find out why the war started either. Jsyk
What kind of an American are you?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That movie is propaganda to get people to be afraid of the populist movement. A civil war benefits no one.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That movie is propaganda to get people to be afraid of the populist movement. A civil war benefits no one.
As I mentioned there are zero political statements made in the movie. It’s about journos “getting the shot” (image/photo).

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is sad to say, but there are spoiler clips on this movie on youtube. I already know what happens to the President at the end of the movie because I stumbled across a youtube clip with a title that explained what happened to the President! People posting these videos are very unfair to people who have not watched the movie.

Also saw a full clip of the wierd guy in funny glasses asking "Are you an American, etc..." and watched it. It's now like, is it worth spending big bucks to watch this when such key story aspects are spoiled. (ie but if that's all there is to be spoiled, then it's not much of a big deal then?)

Its reasons like this why I'm tempted to spend the $ 30.00 (if I want to operate legally - I know I can pirate but am choosing to operate legally, despite my money is super-tight right now) to watch this movie. However, I think the worst of it is already spoiled with me so I don't think I can discover any further reveals about the movie worst than what I already discovered.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just rented the movie on a free coupon and watched the first half. Like what I'm seeing so far, but it feels more interesting to me rather than a sense of dread or horror of (ie this could actually happen and play out like this). Maybe it's meant to be seen in a large screen to have a better effect, I don't know. However, it's a fun movie to watch, the characters are likable and it comes across as a war journalism road trip.

Unless it gets better, not sure if it would have been worth to have paid premium price for it when it did come out in May on PVOD, and see that there was more hype value to this at the time rather than intrinsic value as a great movie. Still I have a soft spot for good road trip movies like this.

Trump got an assassination attempt and survived. This happened the same day that I rented this movie online. Crazy coinicidence I guess.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watched the whole movie. Fortunately, despite the spoiler of learning the president died before watching the movie, there was still enough suspense throughout the movie, and not knowing how each of the main characters would die off or where the president was when he had died, that it was quite a ride to watch this movie. The end credit song came in nicely with the last "money shot" from the president assassination and made me reflect in the ordeal to get to that point.

The song used in the end credits was fitting for what I had experienced as a viewer going through that whole road trip ordeal and sharing the experience with the main characters.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just re-watched this movie a second time around. Now a re-watch is interesting because you already saw the movie and know what is going to take place storywise, I got more of a nuance with the young girl especially with the part she said "she never felt more scared and alive", and at that point seeing her change from that kid that cried, to a war hardened journalist who was ready to take different shots. Baptized into a pit of corpses she rose up as a new person. The movie lost it's shock-value with me on the second viewing and the end credit song wasn't as punchy. I'm going to try re-watching it a third time later and see if anything else can be extracted from this. I'm surprized I got that nuance with that character since it felt rather flatter on re-watch. Anyone else re-watch this movie? How many times have you re-watched this?