Childless older guys (late 20s and up), how to get over kids?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JdelaSilviera said:
Nothing to do with being buthurt, but when someone behaves like a clown, name-calling is the way to go. Of course I wasn`t making any judgements about particular people you know, you have all sorts of people, and all sorts of cases. Now, the tendency (i.e. general cases), and you have many articles about this (also I don´t have any view based on forums for obvious reasons), if you are in a relationship with a girl who slept with lots of guys, and had lots of flings, it shows in the first place a volatile mind, an unstable woman. Either she can´t commit at all, or when she does she quickly becomes fascinated with someone new. Also, and while you have saints (repressed sluts), that after a celibacy period go wild, people´s nature tends to remain the same, if she needed variety in her early twenties she will likely remaining the same and get bored quickly. In addition people with more options tend to cheat more ( a big part of cheating is with ex´s, so logic says that the more ex´s - from flings, ltrs or ons - you have the bigger the likelihood of cheating, ex´s are easy options). So if you happen to be with a girl with a lot of past, and lot of bad experiences behind, chances are that she is still easily picked up by new guys because she is easy. She might really love a new guy, but for how long. Also the more people you are with the less you will value future people, it´s not a matter of insecurity, that´s why women become colder and colder with age, you just see new people with suspicion because of bad experiences. That´s for instance the reason children make friends easier..

Now, I don´t want this to become very abstract to you, so I´ll pick you as an example. As a gay man imagine you had been in long term relationships with a few guys, Marcos, Peter, John, Javier, Paulo, Ruy and Carlos. Marcos is your first boyfriend and takes your anal virginity, he will be in your head and butt for all life, now during your course you will say to Peter, John till Carlos, that you love them all and they are the man of your life... Of course your words must lose some credibility, and your bad experiences will accumulate, and you will tolerate much less from Carlos than others.. Also Carlos with have to deal with all your ex´s hitting on you, flings etc... waiting for a worse moment in your relationship that will come (poor carlos).
There is lots of research on promiscuity, and yes many of these people marry, and in part that´s why marriage became almost devoid of meaning.
2 things;

1. Show me actual surveys and studies to back up your claims...since you claim so many "articles" exist that back up your viewpoint.

2. You must be a homo since you talk about gays and gay sex so much. Give it a rest butt pirate.
TheException said:
You're very confused. Improving physique is entirely different than "UNCHANGEABLE GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS", which is what you were complaining about was it not? You keep saying going to the gym, changing your hair,etc....that doesnt change genetic features. If you are complaining that you have to improve your physique to be "better looking" while some guys are born "good looking"....just be thankful you have that ability pal.

Quit complaining and get in the gym to improve your physique if you think thats such a game changer with women. But im telling you now....it may open the doors easier....but you need "game" or else it will still slam shut in your face.

Game > Looks. Period.
I still disagree. The way your body looks is appearance (which is looks)...and a lot of what you achieve in the gym is based on genetics too btw. Twist what I said all you like, but Im done with this derailment of my thread. Good day to you chap.
pdx1138 said:
Jaylan I'm in that boat.

The idea of an ltr with a single mom is something I just cannot do. no matter how hot they might be in appearance.

I had 1 date with one and a few months dating another.
It just depressed me that there were certain activities we wouldn't be able to do because of the kid baggage.

So I just held my ground, only looking for a woman without kids and lucky for me I found a really good one and though her biological clock is making her think about kids..that's the last thing she wants. Fortunately we've discussed it and she's content with her sister's nieces and nephews carrying the family line.
Which is exactly what I'm doing.

I lucked out on this one.

It annoys me that my siblings and others keep talking about how that would change my life in a better way and that I'm not seeing the big picture, but fvck that. I don't want kids, never have and never will. I definitely wouldn't want to be raising someone elses.

Just look for a woman you're compatible with and thinks the same. There are plenty out there that think about it, but
deep down don't want that in life.
Dont you worry she might have a change of heart?

And btw, Im not saying Id never want kids...but Im just not ready to deal with them at the moment. I dunno how I will feel in my 30s. That all said, Id prolly end up adopting if I dont find the right woman to have them with. Id rather do that than have them with the wrong lady and be forever linked to her.

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Jdela. A girl can love you for a while, and then one day f you over.

This is less likely to happen if you are her first.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donking said:
I agree with Jdela. A girl can love you for a while, and then one day f you over.

This is less likely to happen if you are her first.
Dunno....I know A LOT of people who were screwed over by someone despite being their first. Happened to me and a couple friends of mine. Like I said, low numbers and virginity do not guarantee loyalty. Its all really a luck of the draw.
hockeyfreak79 said:
I married a single mom, helped raise her son for 6-7 years. I no longer see the kid, I did for a little while after the divorce but figured it was probably best to move on.

I promised myself I would never date single moms again. Well, 2-3 single moms later and a big Thanks to SS I've finally rid myself of single mom syndrome.

I dated a 32yr with no kids, good lord that biological clock is strong! Yeah, I don't think I'll ever want kids.

25yr fwb for now, low maintenance & ZERO drama
Im glad you learned to get away from all that dude. Must have been very emotionally draining times. What was it that made you keep giving single moms a chance?

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Dont you worry she might have a change of heart?
No. She's my age, so chances are extremely low of an accident at this point, plus her medical history dictates it would be problematic at best.

of course, anything could happen but the odds are stacked.

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:...l.pone.0014162

And this might suit you well:
http://anepigone.blogspot.pt/2010/12/women-who-get-around-while-unmarried.html

Men bedded
Cheated?
10.4%
14.9%
17.7%
21.6%
6-10
26.0%
11-20
36.7%
21+
46.8%

From http://sda.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/hsda?harcsda+gss08

Yes, every relationship is a risk, and low numbers may not mean anything, but some people are riskier. Also, first girlfriends as teens don´t count of course, a cheater will be pilling on his numbers through life...

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JdelaSilviera said:
Yes, every relationship is a risk, and low numbers may not mean anything, but some people are riskier. Also, first girlfriends as teens don´t count of course, a cheater will be pilling on his numbers through life...
Thats my point. Everyone can lie, and the fact is many people lie about sex, even in surveys they are told will be anonymous. Hence youre always getting in a relationship based on faith and trust.

A womans sex number alone wont tell you if she will cheat or not. If surveys and a womans words give your more security in your relationships, then so be it.

The more experienced guys here will tell you that its known for some women to cut their number in half when telling a guy their past. So why wouldnt they lie on a survey too?

It is what it is buddy. Theres good and bad in every bunch.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Typically, women only count LTR* sexual partners and neglect ONS, FWB, and any other type of casual hookup.

*Even these have to be a one year to 18 month minimum length. Six month relationships are neglected too.

It's sort of like the gov't giving us inflation figures that neglect food and fuel lol.

MartinARMT

Don Juan
Reaction score
To get back to the original question I don't mind dating single moms. I happen to like kids especially when they they are young and starting to develop personalities. Kids are the most raw unfiltered people on earth. Now I wouldn't probably be in anything serious with a single mother, raising kids doesn't fit my lifestyle. I guess I'm selfish that way.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of dudes forget just how looks driven women in their 20s are. Going to the gym and growing my hair out has shown me this.
Youll never EVER settle down if you think its a big deal that a woman has been with 5 guys. Grow a thicker skin and get with the times.
Hah take note guys. Never start a debate on two of the most controversial topics on the forum if you want your thread to stay on topic.

Anyways this seems like an unavoidable dilemma. If youre determined to only date chicks around your age then you'll just have to learn to accept the fact that she'll have kids. I'm sure there's some single moms out there who would make a good mate but at the end of the day a man that age would be better off dating younger women.