Chick not updating Facebook/Myspace status?

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got this one plate I've been gaming for we'll say 3-6 months. A few months in she asked when we'd be more then FWB's and since she's been telling her friends we're a couple I went along with it. She's cool and all and possibly LTR material but I still have my doubts. So I keep other chicks around just in case.

Anyways, even though she insists on spending lots of time with me and considers me her boyfriend, tells all of her friends that we're a couple and even introduced me to a lot of her family I noticed she hasn't updated her MySpace or Facebook relationship status. Now she's not a frequent online junkie or anything but I'm pretty sure she checks it at least twice a week or so. She even has the facebook mobile thing to inform her of new messages.

Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but I mentioned to her a few days ago that I tried to update my status and it wouldn't let me due to an error(I was just "fishing" I guess?) and she kinda just shrugged it off acting like she wasn't sure what the problem was and didn't mention anything about her own status. Is this a red flag? Even though I'm a dog myself, I kinda like keeping my chicks in check. Should I be concerned that she doesn't even attempt to update?

When she first asked about being exclusive I told her I thought she wanted to keep her options open and she claimed she just wanted to be with me. Women lie and all, but I just have a hunch this chick really does want to be with me yet I find it hard to trust her at all(I think because I'm not being totally honest with her either)

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Place her as #1 on your friends list for a week. After a week, delete and block her to teach her a lesson. This is a good tip to mindfukk the myspace chicks.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it matters, personally. Asking her about it could be construed as insecurity...and honestly, it kinda is.

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went in and changed my girlfriend's facebook page myself. I don't know what you guys think of this type of thing. We were chillin together, she was checkin out her facebook page and i "borrowed" her laptop for a second and changed her relationship status myself. I figured it was as good of a way as any other to let her know that i wanted a monogamous relationship with her; there was no asking if we wanted to be exclusive, looking for validation or anything AFC like that

FL2008

Don Juan
Reaction score
Life has taught me that a woman's status doesn't really matter a lot of times, especially in 2008. Whether she is single or taken, if you present yourself as a worthy man, she will entertain the idea of cheating.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People put too much stock in Myspace and Facebook. You should be able to tell by the signals you get from her in person whether she is committed to you and not interested in banging anyone else. Don't sweat statuses on silly internet sites.

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a few signals women give to indicate wanting to fvck others(excessive looking, etc) but what are some others? Just kind of curious about some other signals that indicate a woman's level of interest when out in public.

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
you bang her that's all is count..forget about space and facebook....

she can list her status as: with monkey..do you fk cares?

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my god!

Grow up ffs

You wanna bang everyone with a pulse but you want her to show the world you are together?

Get a life!

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't update mine either.

What matter is if it matters to your girl.

My girl knows it doesn't matter to me, that's why she's cool with it. She knows I'm just like that.

My girl updates her because she has all her friends on her account and she's proud to show me off.

Take pictures together and see if she uploads them and what she writes on the caption. That says more than the status. I don't think people really look at the status anyways.

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MySpace, Facebook, even in a way text messaging and cell phones....

damn...wish I could go back in time just one day when people used to run home to check their answering machines, use pay phones, not flake on you, have meeting places, etc.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guywhoneedshelp said:
MySpace, Facebook, even in a way text messaging and cell phones....

damn...wish I could go back in time just one day when people used to run home to check their answering machines, use pay phones, not flake on you, have meeting places, etc.
I agree with you here. I think 1995-2000 was the ideal era for technology. E-mail and IM were still new and novel and not dominated by catty, annoying 13-year-olds, cell phones were out there but not ubiquitous, and Myspace and Facebook hadn't taken over the world yet. Those were the days.

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy said:
Oh my god!

Way to go, Yu!

You wanna bang all the hot chicks but you want her to show the world you are together?

Good Work :up: !

Fixed

JahGlory

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from.

That being said, there is a reason she doesn't have it up there. We both know that reason.

Tell her to do it. Do not threaten her with anything, but if she does not it means that the reason we both know is true. So dump that ****. Wait about a week for it to happen but dont act a fool during that time. From 100 right to 0 youknow what i mean?

Dont waste your time with fakes.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GuanYu said:
Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but I mentioned to her a few days ago that I tried to update my status and it wouldn't let me due to an error(I was just "fishing" I guess?) and she kinda just shrugged it off acting like she wasn't sure what the problem was and didn't mention anything about her own status. Is this a red flag? Even though I'm a dog myself, I kinda like keeping my chicks in check. Should I be concerned that she doesn't even attempt to update?

Dude what the hell are you talking about? You are worried that this girl who has introduced you to her friends and family, has said you guys are a couple, seems very happy that she is your girlfriend, and sees you as long term potential, wasn't freaking out because you couldn't change your status on mySpace? What did you expect her to do? Faint? Cry? What are you going to expect her to do when you tell her you can't change your picture on MySpace?

When she first asked about being exclusive I told her I thought she wanted to keep her options open and she claimed she just wanted to be with me. Women lie and all, but I just have a hunch this chick really does want to be with me yet I find it hard to trust her at all(I think because I'm not being totally honest with her either)
Dump her ASAP. This girl sounds very reliable, honest, trustworthy, and is good relationship material but this site has produced the biggest haters on women that I'm surprised anyone is in a relationship on here.

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You say dump her because she sounds reliable, honest and trustworthy? Maybe you're being sarcastic? Hell, I don't even really consider us a couple ..she's just one of many for me. I just want to keep her in check.