chick drives, i dont...how to get a date planned

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm not a noob, so don't read this as if i'm one of the hopeless people who need advice on how to get a girl interested and keep it... i can do that on my own.

so don't read this in that light.

---

alright... so i started working with this girl... i've been ****y and funny the whole time... saying lame things... not saying lame things... whatever... she digs it

i got her number and shes been showing interest

also, another guy seems into her... and i JUST started being friends with him at work.

the difference is... i'm going to get her... he wont.

i got game... hes got game
i got looks... he doesn't have as great as me. (not to mention we're both the same race but hes 1/2 flip... i'm full flip.)

anyways...

this girl drives, this guy drives, i dont drive.

this girl seems totally cool with driving me places... considering i've seen her like a total of 4 times or so... (only worked with her two 7-hour shifts.. the other 2 only seeing her for 10 minutes stopping by work to eat on each others shift.)

-today after work i was like:
Me: "i WOULD ask you to take me home..."
Her: "oooo i can give you a ride home if you want"
ME: "... but my ride JUST got here"

so this guy has one up because he drives, but i have one up because i have her number... the difference is he can easily get the number while i can't easily get a car.

---

anyways enough of that...

how do i call her up and plan a date (i have a place i want to go)... how do i get her to drive the opposite direction to pick me up at a place thats opposite from where i live... and maybe 20-30 minutes away?

what do i say? i DO NOT want to get my parents involved.

i'm fine and secure about a girl driving me around.

so if this has happened to anyone... tell me your experience. if you have no idea... well don't bother.

//edit// oh yeah... i'm planning the "date" for tomorrow... just to throw this info in the air.

Last edited:

SamRi72

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is relevant to my interests:
Just got back from my first freeway driving lesson.

Anyway, I'd probably say something along the lines of "My camel's in the shop..." or just meet her at the place and get a ride from a parent or some gangsters in a lowrider. Yea, I have a really strange flying camel routine I use. It has never failed to get a laugh and it's extremely fun. Not to mention, the flying camel is an awesome sex position.

Sarge on!

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The really weird part Samri is that I have also told people I "drive" a camel. Always gets laughs, especially with the miles per gallon of water jokes...

aussiegoat55

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for your license dude. Not having a car and/or license is going to be a big problem with girls and dating, once its solved, life will be so much better, oh the independence!

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're all geniuses...

i CANNOT get my license... yet. thats out of the picture
(what should i do... put off this girl for 4 months? wtf?)

public transportation is out of the picture

anyone have anything relevant to my thread at all?

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see any problem, when you call and make the date, at the end just ask her to come pick you up. She will understand...if you don't have a license theirs no way you can drive. Personally I wouldn't even make anything witty about it, just plain up ask her to come pick you up. I think your over-analyzing a little problem bud.

Sachiel

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, what is the problem that you can't get your license? Age? (Possibly, not implying) Lost License?

-Sachiel, DJ in Training

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
I don't see any problem, when you call and make the date, at the end just ask her to come pick you up. She will understand...if you don't have a license theirs no way you can drive. Personally I wouldn't even make anything witty about it, just plain up ask her to come pick you up. I think your over-analyzing a little problem bud.
i dont think i'm over analyzing... i just never been in the situation where i have to get the girl to pick me up.

i'm not sure if its a problem or if its not a problem...

gas cost and all, and me living maybe 20 minutes from her place in one direction... and the driving time being about 20-30 minutes from my house to the place i wanted to go... IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION (pretty much going back to HER house and past it). also think about the drive back.

so thats about 40-50 minutes total driving for her one way.

i never said anything about making a witty comment on her driving me... i'm asking how do i go about asking her... without sounding lame for ME asking for a date and then HER picking me up.

do i just ask her for the date and straight up ask her if she can pick me up?

if so, just give me a simple dialogue as an example so i have some idea what you're talking about.

.........thats why i stopped giving people advice... i give ALL of my thoughts on something... people "appreciate" it... but then when i need help once in a while... people don't give their full thoughts.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sachiel said:
OK, what is the problem that you can't get your license? Age? (Possibly, not implying) Lost License?

-Sachiel, DJ in Training
i'm 17... i'm going to get my license when i turn 18... it's too late for me to take classes... its going to be months for me to finish classes... and i turn 18 july... no point in classes.

Sachiel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I say wait it out. July is not far away at all.

Physical things such as driving places is not as important as keeping your cool. If this is the only 1-Up he's got against you, than I say you've got a damn good chance of keeping her on your fishing line. As for planning, I haven't had enough experience in said field to give a reliable answer. Notice the "in Training" part of my signature? :D

-Sachiel, DJ in Training

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you so worried about this car crap? Just meet up somewhere or some ****

TheBadassador

Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
i got looks... he doesn't have as great as me. (not to mention we're both the same race but hes 1/2 flip... i'm full flip.)
What the hell does flip mean???

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
i dont think i'm over analyzing... i just never been in the situation where i have to get the girl to pick me up.

i'm not sure if its a problem or if its not a problem...

gas cost and all, and me living maybe 20 minutes from her place in one direction... and the driving time being about 20-30 minutes from my house to the place i wanted to go... IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION (pretty much going back to HER house and past it). also think about the drive back.

so thats about 40-50 minutes total driving for her one way.
Maybe pick a place closer to your house? Your right, that is a lot of driving, so maybe tell her to meet you by your house and go for a walk, maybe get some ice cream or something.

i never said anything about making a witty comment on her driving me... i'm asking how do i go about asking her... without sounding lame for ME asking for a date and then HER picking me up.

do i just ask her for the date and straight up ask her if she can pick me up?
Yea, that's probably what I would do, does she know you don't have a license?

if so, just give me a simple dialogue as an example so i have some idea what you're talking about.
I don't know your style, but ask her out whatever way you do, and then just be like, "cool, so I obviously can't drive, can you pick me up?" I know this probably goes against whatever crap this site usually talks about, but this is one time when you should ask instead of being an ass and telling her to pick you up.

But, I definitely feel telling her to meet you by your house is the best idea.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
Maybe pick a place closer to your house? Your right, that is a lot of driving, so maybe tell her to meet you by your house and go for a walk, maybe get some ice cream or something.

Yea, that's probably what I would do, does she know you don't have a license?

I don't know your style, but ask her out whatever way you do, and then just be like, "cool, so I obviously can't drive, can you pick me up?" I know this probably goes against whatever crap this site usually talks about, but this is one time when you should ask instead of being an ass and telling her to pick you up.

But, I definitely feel telling her to meet you by your house is the best idea.
cool thanks.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
don't tell me that's their first date...lol...i'm sure she'd understand but i still find it hard not to laugh!~

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah shes knows i dont have my license... and she knows i dont mind not having it...

i can have my way with girls without coming off as a loser... sometimes when its a new thing that never happened to me... i just have to ask.

and if she does laugh... i'll be the one who makes her laugh by joking about it.