Challenge#2: Create An Opener 2005

locarius

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is one I tried a few nights ago. You are likely going to have to try a different tv show and a different male character. Adjust accordingly:

You: "Hey do you watch a lot of TV? Like especially chick-shows? The reason I ask is because I was talking to a female friend of mine before I came out, and she said I was just like this character from a TV show... The character's name was 'X' or something. Do you know what she was talking about?"
Chick: blahblahblah
You: "So tell me about this character"
Chick: blah blah
You: "If you were a TV character which one would you be?"
Chick: blah blah
You: "Really? I think you are more of a 'Y' character because *cold read*

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im at a bus stop, and there is a hb8, man shes cute so i didnt want to be waiting there in a dead silence, i had to make some kind of effort, she wasn too cute to just pass by

catch"man, these buses take forever huh"
hb8"yeah, tell me about it dont you drive?"
catch8"YEAH.... look theres my invisible car.."
hb8(mouth open, wide eyes,hits me).. ha ha ha, your weird
whats your name"
catch"catch, and you are?
"ime hb8, nice to meet you do you work here"
catch(sarcasm)"ha ha,yeah.... ive always worked at the
BUS STOP, how did you guess?
hb8"ha ha...no i meant here in town"
catch"yeah, im in that building"
*points*"

*bus comes*
i get on first, sit down and make eye contact, she smiles but walks past.

good opener but she didnt sit by me, and i didnt talk to her after that, no close or anything!

ARSE...

SARGE ON....

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haven't tried it yet, but:

It has gotten chilly here pretty much overnight, so much to the point where we went from wearing t-shirts and shorts, to jeans and jackets.

The sun still brightly shines. I haven't tried this one out yet, because I haven't really had the chance to.

You are walking outside and you make eye contact with this hb and you simply say:

dj: How are you liking this weather?
notice: it seems like a yes or not question, but requires more than a yes or no
hb: I'd rather it be hot
dj: why's that, so you can take your clothes off. (This is risky, takes ba**s, and you should probably prepare to get slapped)

or

dj: How are you liking this eatehr?
hb: It's much better than the way it's been
dj: But aren't you a little too cool.
hb: yeah, but it's nice
dj: Well, that's too bad you say it's nice, because you should let me warm you up. (This one is a little less risky, but slap-probable still the same.)

These scenarios pretty much tell her you're intentions, and that you have the ability to at least attempt to be funny.

DISCLAIMER: Just to reiterate, I have not tested this yet as I have not been provided with an opportunity to do so.

safe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, here’s one I used on Wednesday. I know it’s pretty lame but it worked so shows you don’t need much…..

I’m queuing with some mates for a cash machine and 2 HB’s come shivering over and join the que.

Me: you’re cold
Her: yeah it’s freezing
Me: haha, you shoulda worn a coat
Her: yeah, and I need a pee!!
Me: classy, thanks for that *laugh*
Her: *laugh*
HBs/Me: Blah blah blah blah

Am still thinking of them girls now!!!

edit: lol at all the openers about weather

Mikers

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a chick reading a book on the bus.

Me: in the climax of the book yet?
HB6: haha no. Its a crap book. I just read it to kill time blah blah.
Me: Whats it about?
HB6: blah blah
*she gets out another chunky book on vampires* Brings out good convo.

Me: Oh so your a vampire.
HB6: yes. hold still...
;)

Didnt close, she lived too far and wasnt attracted to her alot.

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just some random ones used lately . . .

Myspace opener (ok, ok, I know . . . But I figure any experience is good experience).

Girl had some halloween bulletin and one question was about dressing up pets and she said she didn't cuz she had too many animals (7 cats). I replied, asking if she was going to turn into that creepy old lady with the house full of cats (For the record, I find this the easiest way to open a chick on Myspace. If she posts an interesting bulletin, then reply to it with C/F).

Or situational opener . . .

I've used this once twice and it has opened both times.

Normally at the grocery store the cashiers are like robots, and when they ask if I have a "____ card" I tell them, "No, I don't like saving money." Always gets a laugh and gets the interaction opened. Both times I just chatted and left (Not always out for a p/u. Like I said earlier, any experience is good experience. Sometimes I just like to leave someone in a better state than I encountered them in), and both times they remembered me next time I came in, flashed a big smile, and re-opened me.

I had one earlier that I was planning on sharing, but cannot remember. Perhaps I will think of it later. Basically the main thing I try to do is create an opener that is relevant to the subject, and one that is unexpected.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: Did you know that light bulbs dont emit light?
HB: What?
Me: That's correct. They dont emit light. They suck in darkness. Thats why when a light bulb goes out.. it doesnt burn out per se.. it just gets so full of dark it cant suck in anymore.

I find this to be useful in determining how playful someone is. If she plays into it and starts a little role play like by saying "really? tell me more!" Or "wow!" then you're in.

If she says "you're weird" and just gives you weird looks, then its probably not the type of girl you'd wanna be with anyway.

A routine that can flow from this:

Looking at things in the opposite ways. Do this if you wanna get more serious. For example lets say she isn't buying into this and looks like someone who is an intellectual.

Say something like "well what this silly theory of mine illustrates is that the opposite of a profound truth is also a profound truth" (I stole this line from David D, but it works well for this routine)

And then talk about how sayings like "quitters never win" and the complement that is pretty much oposite of that is "winners never quit" and stuff like that, and bring up how you can see different things in different perspectives.

This routine CAN be fascinating if you deliver it well and sound like a philosopher. I have discussed material like this with several females to have them awe-ing at how I see the world.

I mean thats just one example of how you can transition into something else. If you are an intellectual and discussing philosophy is where you're at, this is one way of building interest and fascination in an otherwise boring conversational area.

Of course you can do whatever you want with that.

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok mine is kind of lame but anyway here it is.

when you are behind a girl lightly bump into her and place your hand on her lower back and say "Oh excuse me I didn't see you there" With a little chuckle and smile on your face. Then say something like "Hey I'm in kind of a rush but You look like a really interesting girl so why don't you give me your number and we can go out sometime".

Maybe build a little rap before asking for her number. The main thing about this is that you can get some kino and frighter her a bit which also means exite her and would proablly give a positive feeling.

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I was just at the gym and I was watching this one chick getting hit on by all these AFC's (note I nearly dropped a weight on my chest laughing at some of the lines) any way it got me thinking about an opener / neg hit.

Me : Hey do always get hit on this much?
Her: Yeah heaps
Me: you know I bet if guys were attracted to your brains and not your looks you wouldn't get hit on as much.

Now to be fair it has to be said in a joking way, also I have never tried it as I adamantly refuse to hit on chicks in the gym.
Another opener I have used to a bartender

Just after an AFC tried to hit on her
Me: Wow does that always happen?
Her: Yeah I get hit on heaps every night
Me: Yeah I know what you mean, I wish chicks would stop treating me like a piece of meat I have a brain as well...you know.

That went down really really well.......trust me.