Can women sense you are on the hunt?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this phenomenon? You get dressed nicely, you look good, feel good you go out to the world and think to yourself that you can bag any chick but once you go out there you find that the women are avoiding your eye contact, and if you happen to lock eyes they quickly dart away and walk pass you as if you don't exist. Even when striking a conversation you get cold stares and snappy answers.

A couple of days later you dress in regular cloths, you don't shave, you feel tired and like sh1t and you don't even think about women as you bump into them but all of the sudden they give you the eye contact, they don't look away, and you even get a nice smile. And its not just one women but at least 6-8 different women gave me buying signals as I was going on with my daily business. The only thing was that if I feel tired and like sh1t, I really don't feel like striking a conversation with them , its like a vicious cycle.

Anybody else know what I am talking about??!!

logicallefty

Reaction score
i have noticed this too.. My buddy and I both noticed that after we workout at the gym and if we stop somewhere on the way home, all sweaty and nasty, the women seem to be drawn.. Like you mentioned, I'm not thinking about women at that point, and they must know it...

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
i have noticed this too.. My buddy and I both noticed that after we workout at the gym and if we stop somewhere on the way home, all sweaty and nasty, the women seem to be drawn.. Like you mentioned, I'm not thinking about women at that point, and they must know it...

That's the pheromones dude...:rock:

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A personal observation on people:

Nobody wants to feel like they can be sold on an idea - unless they are actively seeking to solve a perceived problem of theirs with that idea. Thus, if people aren't already highly receptive to the idea before they come across it, even the most subtle of suggestions that someone is trying to sell them on an idea will trigger "sales guard."

This concept applies to many different situations involving human behavior, but as it relates to this discussion, let's apply it to social and sexual dynamics.

There are literally hundreds of threads on this forum discussing the 'bytch shield.' "I have a boyfriend" disclaimers. Giving out her number but not taking your calls. There's a million different ways her "sales guard" is triggered. It's not usually guard against sex, or even sex with you, but guard against the idea of forming a new sexual relationship with a man who's a complete stranger.

In your experience DJDamage, what's happening is when you look like a slack-ass going about your daily business, you aren't triggering the chick's sales guard. And why would they be guarded against your sexual advances? After all, you're walking around focusing on your business, and you obviously aren't dressed as if you're trying to impress women. There's nothing you're doing to activate the bytch shield.

I think the AFC's biggest weakness is his lack of understanding about what makes people tick. That's what makes him act so chump. He lacks the awareness that people are always observing each other and filtering their perceptions of others through their own mindset. He lacks the understanding of the what makes men and women different from each other. He fails to comprehend how females have a lot more to lose by making a poor sexual choice. If a woman dates the wrong guy, she subjects herself to some obvious risks - pregnancy & abandonment, STDs, violence, stalkers, etc - and some less obvious ones, like getting branded as a slut, lowering her social status, or having her friends/family look down on her. The frustrated chump's untrained mind understands the physical risks, but doesn't consider the emotional or social risks. His frustration only gets compounded when he doesn't consider how perceptive women are to non-verbal communication, and how he's giving off the vibe of trying to sell.

The Chump's Dilemma, as I propose we call it from now on, is that he only looks to meet women in situations and conditions where a woman's sexual sales guard (the bytch shield) is up by default. It's one thing as a man to be sexually marketable, and quite another to be out there trying to hustle random snatch on the idea of fukking you. Next time you dress yourself up with expensive clothing and false bravado for a night of drinking amongst a crowd of identically-dressed men and dolled-up women, ask yourself: Why am I doing this?

As it's been said before, you can't negotiate attraction. Likewise, you can't sell to women when they're closed up to the idea of starting a new sexual relationship. Think about it...

MillerMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what RP said bit I want to add something. I think theres something about women being able to see potential here to. Wanting to change thier men. They look at you all scruffy and generally unkempt and imagine you in a 3 piece suit or some tight jeans with your hair cut nice and face smooth and clean. By going casual youre presenting them with a blank canvas. I think this might work more on the semi-unconfident girls who cant get the sharp looking guy on beauty and brains alone but must find a project guy and dress him up.

HoneyHitter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have also experienced this "post-workout/pyjama"-attraction. I think it may have something do with women their menstrual period. Some research has shown that women are more attracted to unshaved,sweaty primitive men in their period. Google for details.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bottom line is this - If you have to alter your favorite dress style to trigger some 'opening' in a "bytch shield" you are working too hard .
Who F**king cares if some women get "guarded".They are as likely be just as "unguarded" next Friday night. Have you ever talked to a woman one week and she is all friendly and touchy and then a week passes and you see her again and she acts like you have leprosy ? It is all about THEIR issues -their insanity -their moodiness -NOT our problem to solve. We need to operate "in the MOMENT" and we can only work with women who are open and receptive.
The other kind don't count. ! Flick 'em !
There are as many women (maybe more)out there looking for a relationship as men and WE (men ) need to remember that. The trick is NOT to change yourself to try to impress ONE particular woman. That way leads to you become all bent and twisted to suit HER . ! I have been there ONCE and it was torture-
If you feel like wearing a suit then do that. You will then attract women who like the way that YOU look -in a suit.

J.P.

"The greatest truth is in their behavior"

Last edited:

HoneyHitter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
The bottom line is this - If you have to alter your favorite dress to trigger some 'opening' in a "bytch shield" you are working too hard .
Who F**king cares if some women get "guarded". There are as many women (maybe more)out there looking for a relationship as men and WE (men ) need to remember that. The trick is NOT to change yourself to try to impress ONE particular woman. That way leads to you become all bent and twisted to suit HER . ! I have been there ONCE and it was torture-
If you feel like wearing a suit then do that. You will then attract women who like the way that YOU look.

J.P.

"The greatest truth is in their behavior"
True

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always have more women approach me when I'm in my normal clothes - and unshaved. I'm not really sure why it is, maybe it shows your character more and that's what they're attracted to, maybe it just shows lowers the intimadation factor.

The funny this is I'm the same, I normally prefer girls who are dressed natural. Maybe I'm projecting but girls all dolled up when they go out -even though they look beautiful they scare me. However when they're in normal clothes/makeup then they seem more like people and it makes me comfortable.

TCOB2P

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but I have to throw in on this.

Gentlemen, It's true. Women can "sense" when a man is "on the hunt", so to speak. All the signs are there, against your wishes, and you are sending them loud and clear. When you are on the hunt, you may unkowingly be presenting yourself as a predator. I don't believe it has to do with your dress so much as your attitude. I have proved this (by accident at first) many times.

I have been in situations in the past year when I just wanted to relax and have a beer, only to be approached by women. In one specific circumstance when after a long day of riding my motorcycle, all I wanted was a sandwich and a drink so I stopped at a small sports bar early in the evening. Before long, I had not one, but three women fighting for my attention. A productive evening, I took home a cutie half my age. Why? I was relaxed, they approached me, and I was able to capitalize on the situation.

When you are more relaxed, they are more relaxed around you. No tension. Haven't you ever noticed that women you are aquainted with instantly seem more interested in you when you have a girlfriend? They think you aren't hunting so they will approach you when otherwise they wouldn't. They can see when a man is confident and relaxed.

They may have noticed you before, but chose to watch you to see how you react to certain situations. They have seen when you are hunting and know the signs. Remember, in the animal kingdom it is almost always the female that is the hunter/gatherer. The trick is to learn how to hunt without cluing them that you are hunting. Takes practice, but I am living proof that it can be done.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldnt say they are super humans or nothing lets stop taking them to be so smart. they arnt that smart or physic*(spelling). but they somehow sense when you are trying to hard. its all about rying to hard. yeaterday i was walking through a busy street a shopping street. with my dirty chuck taylors and military coat. and didnt shave but with a nicly timmed beard and a tired look on my face and the amount of looks from women i got was too much infact several bumped into me.(on purpose)-no sorry. i just felt like i didnt give a **** that day and it worked. its all about rying too hard to impress. i used to dress the bling bling way but i felt sterotyped im not gonna give into the mtv dress code crap that aint me , that wasnt me once you are comfortable with who you are you dont give a **** anymore.

one important thing men shouldnt neglect is the skin. once you have a good clean clear skin you can dress as casual as you want. dont dress like a total bum, wear something fashinable. wash your fash guys its the most improtant thing. i think back to how stupid i was trying too hard to wear every bling accessories and i laugh back now.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To women, men are jokes. They know when you nonchalantly chat them up that you're hitting on them, they assume the only reason why you're talking to them is because of their panties; for every thing you wonder if they might have noticed, they knew twenty minutes ago. There are two factors for this: men are much more obvious in their goings about and women have more sensitive social barometers. Women are 100% social creatures whereas men are not.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
To women, men are jokes. They know when you nonchalantly chat them up that you're hitting on them, they assume the only reason why you're talking to them is because of their panties; for every thing you wonder if they might have noticed, they knew twenty minutes ago. There are two factors for this: men are much more obvious in their goings about and women have more sensitive social barometers. Women are 100% social creatures whereas men are not.

This guy knows his sh!t.

Let me reiterate that in case you missed it, 100% social creatures on levels most if not all guys will never even fully comprehend.

There is no pheromone sweat B.S , nothing to do with your shabby clothes or unkempt hair, you simply dont give a fvck about her, which inturn raises your stock 10 fold.

Mind you after youve built rapport you can pretty much get away with murder when it comes to your intentions, also just throwing this out there for no reason but surprisingly chicks dont give much of a fvck about what your male brain perceives as "important".

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i read an article in a magazine today while my daughter was at the dr.

it was about babies.

the article said that after a study on why babies put everything into their mouths, they found that babies put everything into their mouths because they wanted to know what the texture of items were and what size they were. babies are not really able to just pick things up and tell, like toddlers are older children. so they put it right in their mouths.

the study showed that boy babies were more apt to put everything straight into their mouths to find out what they were.

however the girl babies more more apt to look at an item for up to 20 minutes to check it out, then decide if they wanted to put it in their mouths.

so as you can see, right from baby age, girls have always studied something by looking at it to size it up while boys just want to sink their teeth in something to size it up.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
^^ That's really interesting, I would like to know what magazine that came from...

very very interesting.
i think it was american baby.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
This guy knows his sh!t.

Let me reiterate that in case you missed it, 100% social creatures on levels most if not all guys will never even fully comprehend.

There is no pheromone sweat B.S , nothing to do with your shabby clothes or unkempt hair, you simply dont give a fvck about her, which inturn raises your stock 10 fold.

Mind you after youve built rapport you can pretty much get away with murder when it comes to your intentions, also just throwing this out there for no reason but surprisingly chicks dont give much of a fvck about what your male brain perceives as "important".
i agree but clothes do play a part. excess dressing sends out the message that you are really searching. clothe's in some ways blend in with attitude.casual look means you arnt in the mood to impress and this transends in the way you act. when you are dressed sharp or too highfashion etc you are a fashion victim all the time you seek validation from people you look at them to see if they are looking at you(there are alotta mentally weak people i now realise).thus you want to feel better about your self. ill give an example. i saw two excessly dressed boys wearing all the new phatfarm gears with jewery looking really like stars. they stopped a girl she rejected them. one of them started looking at himself in a window of s shop to see his reflection he then asked the other guy wats up im dressed really fly today with a confused look on his face and slight embarrassment. the other said **** that *****.
its all a mental thing you dress nice to impress people when you dont get the validation you think something is wrong and buy more and more clothes trying to reach perfection which dosnt exist. in this game the mentally strong will be the best at the end.
vanity i hate it.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish is right to a degree however it's not because they're smarter or more socially clued in, just that they are more cynical - probably because most loose their viginity earlier or at least start focusing on boys and sex earlier. Most men start of having women on pedestals, it's only when we wise up and realise exactly what women are i.e just people that have needs like we do although their needs are different (big ****, big wallet, attention, excitement etc - we just need a fit good looking girl that isn't a total *****) then we can start seeing things more clearly - we learn to spot the attention *****s, the *****es, the ones that will use you for money etc.

Like a women can sum up a man, I can now sum up a women in five mins, because I don't give her a chance to show me she's an individual. I simply categorize her by the various tells and move on. I'm I wrong - yes... sometimes just like not all men chatting to a women want to **** her however I'm right most of the time and that way I don't get hurt again. Nothing special about it or nothing special about them - It's just cynicism.

Oh and by the way. It doesn't take anything special to assume that a person talking to the opposite sex is doing it because they fancy them - men and women, does that make women jokes when they do it to us. Just like it's nothing special to assume that when a women is flirting with you in a business situation, it's because she wants something from you or something for you to do.

Be cynical and protect yourself - it's up to the other person to prove their self to you - just as you will have to prove yourself to them.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's all genetics.

Men want to spread their seed as much as possible, to ensure their gene's survive. Women however, have to be more choosey - since they have a smaller window of oportunity for pro creation (they also can't pro create whilst pregenant) - a limited number of eggs - and bear the burdon of responsibility for the child (ultimately).

contraception is changing this and social pressure/stigma is also changing. I often wonder what this will do to society, as we move into a generation where women as well indulge more and more in casual - no consequence sex. Will the relationship as we know it today disolve? will open relationships be the norm?

It's my belief that you attract what you are - or what they think you are. If your dressing up in jacket, tie and pants to go on the hunt, don't be surprised to attract women looking for that - or perhaps looking for the meal ticket. If your dressed as a biker - your going to attract women who are looking for that biker guy.

There also has to be an amount of 'being in the right place at the right time'. Some people are open for a pick-up or to meet someone and some are not. In fact sometimes I am - and other times I'm in a hurry - or I need to get somewhere and have no time to BS.

Bottom line - I think it's wasted time trying to figure these things out. It all boils down to living well, loving and having fun. Everything else will take care fo itself.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
Next time you dress yourself up with expensive clothing and false bravado for a night of drinking amongst a crowd of identically-dressed men and dolled-up women, ask yourself: Why am I doing this?
Like it or not we are all sexual beings. There are occcasions that the places I go to require of me to dress sharply and when you look sharp not only you look better but deep down you know the ladys are going to take a better look at you.That is the reason why we also go to the gym beside's making us feel good and look good we also want the lady's to check us out and we feel good when they check us out and want us. Peacocking and ego stroking work for both genders.

TCOB2P said:
When you are more relaxed, they are more relaxed around you. No tension. Haven't you ever noticed that women you are aquainted with instantly seem more interested in you when you have a girlfriend? They think you aren't hunting so they will approach you when otherwise they wouldn't. They can see when a man is confident and relaxed.
Yep you are right about that and welcome to the forum. There are subtle signs that I am not aware of that I might be giving off as oppose to when I don't care.

Deep Dish said:
You are right about that. There is no game with women when you do the approach since its obvious what you want from them the only question is how you are going to pull this off.

NewMan said:
It's my belief that you attract what you are - or what they think you are. If your dressing up in jacket, tie and pants to go on the hunt, don't be surprised to attract women looking for that - or perhaps looking for the meal ticket. If your dressed as a biker - your going to attract women who are looking for that biker guy.

There also has to be an amount of 'being in the right place at the right time'. Some people are open for a pick-up or to meet someone and some are not. In fact sometimes I am - and other times I'm in a hurry - or I need to get somewhere and have no time to BS.

Bottom line - I think it's wasted time trying to figure these things out. It all boils down to living well, loving and having fun. Everything else will take care fo itself.
True that. I would also like to add that the location where you enounter the woman and her age also bares a factor. Women ages 25-35 will pay more attention to what you wear since they are more likely to be on the hunt for a husband and nice threads could clue them in to them high social statues. The higher or lower the age from that group are mostly looking for a Man period and less worry about what he wears.

I-am-someone said:
Okay, I think we've all come to the same conclusion here: dressing up and trying really hard really doesn't work that much better than just dressing casually.
Yes and no. Could be a factor depending on a given specific location, a specfic type of woman, a specific age group. But just every day enounter as long as you dress casually and got some game you will be fine. Like it or not women are judgmental creatures and the way you dress will tell them a whole lot about you before you open your mouth.

I-am-someone said:
By dressing up and trying hard, you are placing yourself on a pedestal in your own mind. This makes you much and much more vulnerable. If a woman reacts negatively to your approach, you feel much more affected, and she will notice.

Dressing casually, will keep you on a normal level. You're not expecting anything, so you're much stronger. If a woman reacts negatively, you (or at least I) don't feel affected by her reaction and can usually completely ignore it. Your body-language also shows this (even before you start talking) and makes things much, much easier.
I think you nailed it here.