Can women sense you are on the hunt?

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Like it or not we are all sexual beings. There are occcasions that the places I go to require of me to dress sharply and when you look sharp not only you look better but deep down you know the ladys are going to take a better look at you.That is the reason why we also go to the gym beside's making us feel good and look good we also want the lady's to check us out and we feel good when they check us out and want us. Peacocking and ego stroking work for both genders.
Yep you're right. That was my point. You're marketing yourself sexually by dressing up (whether through choice or dress code), and that alone can create the perception that you're "on the hunt".

This past weekend, perhaps inspired by this thread, I intentionally looked like sh1t and went out to the bar to see what would happen. Badly wrinkled dress shirt, greasy hair, didn't shave. I had been moving furniture all day so I lacked energy as it was, and go figure, this cute little redhead and her friend were trying like crazy to crack my indifference shield.

jacques

Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
i have noticed this too.. My buddy and I both noticed that after we workout at the gym and if we stop somewhere on the way home, all sweaty and nasty, the women seem to be drawn.. Like you mentioned, I'm not thinking about women at that point, and they must know it...

So you found a perfect solution to the problem. Next lime you are looking for women, workout at the gym first... and don't forget to put pen and paper in your change bag to note their number.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for the dressing thing - I nomally dress to not impress, I hate people looking at me.

So I only dress fashionably on special occasions, nomally out at clubs (rarely but sometimes). However I was going for a job interview at an arty company so I dressed to impress them, well I got the job but I also had a pretty blonde hit on me and I could see alot of other women looking. It DEFINATELY made a big difference.

Now how does this tie in when not trying helps too. I think the thing is, if you dress to impress and your fashion-sense is bad/conservative then girls know you've tried and that's the best you can do but if you try and pull it off then they go "oh-yea", if you don't try then they don't know either way or like the fact you aren't trying.

So yea - if you want to be a player then buy a fashion magazine and go from there, don't think you can just walk into a shop and pick something you like, also make sure you get it to fit you and not a size too big like most blokes.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So when the lion is crouching in the grass the zebra gets nervous. So what. The research suggests that nice clothing improves your hits even for a ONS. Women in fact, are more aware of clothing than men. This is explained by the differences in women's clothing and men's clothing.

Women's clothing is usually cheaper, and of lower quality. This is because they intend to change it more frequently in accordance with fashion trends. Men pay no heed to clothing. They want a nice body in a woman.

Men's clothing is more expensive and usually the quality is on average, higher. This is because woman are sensitive to such things, and high quality clothing boosts a man's image for women, considerably. You will find that there are some women who are turned on by men in suits for example.

I remember a con man's comments on how to sucker women. He said that you need two things to be expensive, your shoes and your watch. The rest they can't be too sure of the cost, but if they see expensive shoes and a watch which is expensive, they conclude that you are a winner.

kukulkana

Reaction score
Evidently, we sense man are in the hunt just like men can tell a woman is desperate for a husband. Or can't you?;)

donArjun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
To women, men are jokes. .

I think this is the quote of the day for sosuave . because you see, men have the responsibility telling going up to her and chatting her, all she has to do is lay back and show a wink when she wants to . She has no anxiety problems .

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly - Have you ever been approached by a women. And they think men are jokes, they will look, they will stand beside they might even introduce but no-matter what or how you start talking after that women don't have the ability to chat men up. Very few girls will actually make you laugh.

As for dress sense - it's not even just about cost although that certainly is important because expensive stuff is cut better and therefore hangs better, it's about style and most guys unless they're gay don't have that.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Can anyone explain this phenomenon? You get dressed nicely, you look good, feel good you go out to the world and think to yourself that you can bag any chick but once you go out there you find that the women are avoiding your eye contact, and if you happen to lock eyes they quickly dart away and walk pass you as if you don't exist. Even when striking a conversation you get cold stares and snappy answers.

A couple of days later you dress in regular cloths, you don't shave, you feel tired and like sh1t and you don't even think about women as you bump into them but all of the sudden they give you the eye contact, they don't look away, and you even get a nice smile. And its not just one women but at least 6-8 different women gave me buying signals as I was going on with my daily business. The only thing was that if I feel tired and like sh1t, I really don't feel like striking a conversation with them , its like a vicious cycle.

Anybody else know what I am talking about??!!
All I can say is that it takes a LOT of skills to go out there in the real world (rather than looking for women in MySpace and other Websites)...and one of the reasons is what you just have experience.

I said a while back that one of the reasons it takes lot of skills is because most women will notice you WAY before you even notice them. Especially in a crowded area. They will see you scratching your balls or picking your nose or even staring at other women. They might catch you hunching...or doing whatever. If they catch you searching for other women...that is an authomatic turn off for many women (e.g. you become a "predator" in their eyes).

That's why I strongly believe that DJism is a lifestyle. You should stand and behave all the times like if you were under the scrutinity of women. That way you are not caught with your hands scratching your azz.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note: of course...you should do whatever makes you happy.

But if you act like you were in the scrutinity of a woman that you want to have...that allows you to be on your best stand/attitude EVEN when nobody is there. It is as a psycological stimulus to influence your mannerisms.

Now, I know that I didn't go into the dress nice vs. dress everyday. Because, in my eyes...that's irrelevant. What's relevant is having the knowledge that women are CHAMPS when it comes to peripheral vision and they are more observant than men.

I personally apply that to my advantage. That's why I get approached and get phone numbers from some women. They feel safe (of course, those that do find me very attractive too...so).

Now...how many women find Rusty (Brad Pitt) and Mr. Ocean (George Clooney) from Ocean's 11 and 12 attractive? Look at their mannerisms. They actually act like if women were looking at them. But those characters in that movie are actually acting like they always do (irregardless if women are around or not). That's the concept I'm trying to convey with my post. I know I'm using movies and consequently acting to illustrate my point...and that's my point; acting. Then develop.

Mannerisms are important. Predatory mannerism is a No-No. Flirtisious mannerism is a Yes-Yes.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
I said a while back that one of the reasons it takes lot of skills is because most women will notice you WAY before you even notice them. Especially in a crowded area. They will see you scratching your balls or picking your nose or even staring at other women. They might catch you hunching...or doing whatever. If they catch you searching for other women...that is an authomatic turn off for many women (e.g. you become a "predator" in their eyes).

That's why I strongly believe that DJism is a lifestyle. You should stand and behave all the times like if you were under the scrutinity of women. That way you are not caught with your hands scratching your azz.
This is exactly the answer that clears the confusion. Although I would change the whole "behave if you were under the scrutiny a women" to behave as if you are the PRIZE and you don't give a fvck because you already know that you are in demand (and already gained that experience) that you can care less what she thinks of you. Its a number's game and the more you do approaches the odds increase in your favour.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you follow my approach...you will notice that women will start approaching you. Especially if you do this in places you frequent and happen to see the same women (e.g. bus, train station, book store, library, etc.). They will eventually approach you. Of course, you will have to do the smile thing, and other techniques, etc.

And why would they approach you? Because YOU are the PRIZE.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
It happens to me all the time. I leave the gym feeling sweaty and tired and women give all types of buying signals, but as mention above, I don't feel like talking. Is a person more approachable with the gym look then the suit and shave look?

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually it could have been what Latinoman had said about not being predatory. As I was going for an interview I remember thinking about that instead and even when the pretty girl hit on me I sort of just ignored it as I didn't want to be bothered with that before hand.

That's also been the case when I've been in clubs and NOT dressed up, because I'm not dressed then I don't look because what's the point. Also when I'm dressed but in a group where I have no intentions of pulling, again I get approached more.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a bad thing if she senses you're looking for a mate. It's actually a good thing because it implies other competition. It is a bad thing, however, if she senses that you are supplicating through your behaviors because you are desperately hunting.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blueguy said:
It's not a bad thing if she senses you're looking for a mate. It's actually a good thing because it implies other competition. It is a bad thing, however, if she senses that you are supplicating through your behaviors because you are desperately hunting.
Looking for a mate is good. Acting predatory (like some men actually act) is not.

That's why I strongly encourage men to work on their mannerisms when in public.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some times I flat out tell women that i'm looking for someone to take home. It really saves me a lot of time because some are like "oh well that's not me" and others are like "I'd like to come home with you, or take you to my room" Girls around here often know what time it is if you tell it to them straight. You're a player/playboy in a popular spot where that kind of behavior isn't unusual. If they're semi warm to the idea you could spend some time trying to put them over the top or if you're in a hurry you can scout around and find someone else who's more then just warm to the idea and is ready to jump your bones right then and there.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They definately have a giant radar for the hunt.

It's night and day.

Scenario 1: 3 guys "puas"
Two weeks ago I was out sarging with two good wings of mine at a hot new bar/club venue in town. I wanted to practice opening and getting my approach anxiety handled again. I tried to open at the bar and other sets that were 2-3 people.. but didn't have any friendly EC from them. Mostly short brief 10 second interactions before getting the "I'm leaving or bathroom excuse"

Scenario 2: G/f and I
I go a week later for my g/fs bday to the same exact place at the same time. Tons of guy co-workers are there with a few select female coworkers as well, but my g/f kept coming back to me to kiss me and hug me. I got massive EC and proximity after this. It helped that I was looking my sharpest that night.

After that... I never underestimated the power of social proof and preselection. If you have female friends/cousins/sisters whatever ask them to be a pivot one night, you'd be surprised how much more open women are to an approach. This also works at the mall/stores, starbucks, etc.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience that I get more overt IOIs from women when I am dressed like a total bum than I do when I am dressed up.

Why that is, I don't know.

Jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt seem to be the best combination for me overall. Some of the most blatant attention I have gotten from women is when I was travelling by car and wearing basketball shorts, a white Miller Lite t-shirt, and flop-flops.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TCOB2P said:
I just wanted to relax and have a beer, only to be approached by women.
Key word is relaxed. Women like when men are relaxed.