Can Martial Arts Increase sex appeal?

MasterYoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
A buddy of mine wants me to enrol in his muay thai and jujitsu class. He reckons it brings out sex appeal. Is this true?

johnm420

Don Juan
Reaction score
i take ju-jitsue i dunno if i creates sex apeal but if your looking for a self defence program thouse in my opinion are the best styles you can take

Hamno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went through 3 years of Karate....While I dont know if 'sex-appeal' is exactly the way to put it....but if you push through the first few painfull lessons(your entire body will hurt...) you will ultimatly end up in amazing shape

Hamno

johnm420

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya it does i know this girl who knew about me taking ju-jitsue. One day this kid comes up to me and wants talks smack so i talk smack back. We end up fighting i end up pining him on the ground and humiliating him. girl saw me absolutly humiliate this kid. Girl now comes with me to ju-jitsue and 2 of her friends ;)

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was created by two gay guys who liked to wrap legs and arms around each other. Nowadays it is considered a martial art even though its former gay agenda was never welcomed in the gay or straight community.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, martial arts tend to improve a person in several ways. For one, you will be in better shape. You will also be more physically adept when it comes to fighting, and hence more confident/unafraid when dealing with potential conflict. Don't forget that any thing that improves a persons abilities helps their confidence overall.

So imagine yourself as a confident guy with a killer body who knows he can kick a guy's ass - sound like something the ladies would find sexy to you?

johnm420

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont take brazilian ju-jitsue i take a different style called small circle

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It shows that you can protect her and if she was to be your wife you could also protect her kids. I been learning some self-defense moves myself and my friend showed me some kung-fu moves. I plan on reading burce lee book and even watching some trainning vidoes that he made to learn the moves.

I think a Dj should learn self-defense not only to show women how you can protect her but also to give you something to do and a good work out.

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Martial arts increases basic confidence, which increases attractiveness, so the short answer would be yes learning a martial art could make you more attractive to the opposite sex.

MasterYoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I have just applied this weak. I will merge mt martial arts training with my weight lifting program. Hopefully then I can get the best of both worlds. Sorry I made a mistake its not jujitsu its actually "taijitsu". very similar to jujitsu but is slightly different.

Kalel21

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just lift weights and that will help. You don'tn need to enrol in a 5 yr Martial art program for sex appeal.

Try Boxing.

SlowBurn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a Martial Art instructor I'll chime in here. Practicing Martial Arts will improve strength, body awareness and posture. All things that can improve confidence. I've seen in myself and my students incredible leaps in self esteem, drive and discipline. It's not just about putting boot to rear end.

BTW I've also done muai thai, and jiujitsu. Good stuff. Hey johnm420, who do you study Small Circle with? I've dabbled a little in it myself (fingers were never the same after-heh heh).

Also to clarify, Boxing IS a Martial Art, and a very good one too.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooo boy. You take a thousand-year-old art and turn it into some sort of cheap pickup trick.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any sport you develop a passion for will enhance your sexyness.

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah

Fighting sports are the ultimate for conditioning your body, so you'll look fabulous.
You'll have a new hobby/passion and less time surfing the net.

But the best thing is confidence. Do you think after being beaten by a 16st monster with a pair of golves for an hour you'll think talking to women is scary? I call it the "fight club effect".

but other than a nice body and some confidence, it wont help your game.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Yeah

Originally posted by MuayThai

but other than a nice body and some confidence, it wont help your game.

a nice body and some confidence? nah, it's not enough to help one's game:D

anyway, i've been taking muay thai, shoot-boxing and k1-style kickboxing for the last month and it's great, man...
the training is painful... sometimes my muscles are more sore than when i workout... just squats hit my muscles better than muay thai training
also, you'll gain lots of confidence... but you'll also become more aggressive

The Cooler King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnm420
i take ju-jitsue i dunno if i creates sex apeal but if your looking for a self defence program thouse in my opinion are the best styles you can take
Just because its the most popular style at the time (thanks to ulitmate fighter) dont mean its the best.

I used to take before coming to college Kun Tao/Silat.
Its a mix of chinese/indoneasian Gung fu.

Now the **** we learned in that will **** you up.

Originally posted by DonJuanMonk
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was created by two gay guys who liked to wrap legs and arms around each other. Nowadays it is considered a martial art even though its former gay agenda was never welcomed in the gay or straight community.
hahahaha
Dont forget wreastling too.

Originally posted by DinoCassanova
Martial arts increases basic confidence, which increases attractiveness, so the short answer would be yes learning a martial art could make you more attractive to the opposite sex.
I actually think some dont relize how important martial arts are to people.

And they might start to mock it. Like make Bruce lee noises and lifting up a leg.
That **** really pisses me off when people do it.

There is an old saying in martial arts.
"Seldom used, rarely shown".

You might want to remember that when sarging and thinking about showing a form or something.

I wouldn't do it....

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The easiest way to get some sex appeal is to get some game man... straight up.