Calling chicks "dude" in conversation..

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do whatever you want. But, YOU figure out whether it puts you in the friendzone or not. You have to learn whether your personality and status can do something like that.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dudess

Haha!

When you call a chick a "dude", you've just put her in the same level as yours "dudes". You placed her in the friendzone.

So if your intention is not the friendzone, don't "dude" her.

Silverant

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah lol. I have a lesbian friend at school and occasionally while in a convo I'll address her as "dude" by accident. But then i stop myself and am like "woops."

So i guess don't call a chick dude unless she gives off lesbian vibes or you're strictly platonic friends, or you call everyone dude cuz it's your style.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, I call girls "dude" all the time, but it's my style. Everyone knows that's how I talk lol. Like Silverant said, If it's a self-conscious thing and everyone knows that's how you address people I dont think it should matter, just make sure it doesnt offend them.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's ok, and maybe even good.
who knows, every girl is different.

do w/e u want.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's honestly not that big of a deal. I do it sometimes and they don't really even seem to care. Infact, I know chicks who call other chicks "dude".

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
brett012 said:
thank you for that lol, so its it generally a good or bad thing?
it doesnt really make much of a difference if you wanan get technical though, someone said youre placing her in your "friendzone"

my reply to that is that your friendzone is her more than friends zone, ive read lot about treatign her like one of the guys and it seems to be completly ok and actually good, thats what I read/heard.

anyways I really dont think it makes a difference if she likes you already it might amplify her attraction if she thinks youre befriending her, however thats just technical stuff, doesnt really matter imo

AnitaBum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I call girls and women, who are not in the friends zone "dude" and "man".
It does not put you in their mind into a friends zone.
If you're interested in the girl and showing sings that you are, and then you come out and say 'sup dude' or just call her 'dude', you're sending a mixed message to her, making her debate in her mind, "does he really like me or not?"
And thats a good thing, women LOVE mixed messages, it plays around with their mind.

AnitaBum

Don Juan
Reaction score
brett012 said:
Truuuue, what is the difference in calling her dude as opposed to calling her man?
I don't think there is a difference, as long as you call her something she's not use to being called when being picked up by a guy.
Its got to make her wonder whether you like her. But don't take it too far. Dude is fine.

DismantleRepair

Don Juan
Reaction score
I call girls dude all the time. I even like to think they are guys when we're making out.

But seriously... I prefer a somewhat cutesy "Hey you" when meeting/greeting. I wouldn't call a girl "man", no matter how close a friend she is, this implies she has manly characteristics, whereas "dude" is more of a between-friends term and would work better.

Note that I said "between friends". If you're into a girl, I wouldn't do anything to imply that you're only (or should only be) friends.