Bootcamp Week#1: Start Your Engines...

kulowiper

Don Juan
Reaction score
right now its the afternoon and I counqured my fear Ahh. it feels so good to get this **** over with week 2 here I come. I wen to get my hair cut and along the way when i was walking up the street I said 5 to 5 tatal strangers then I wen to get y hair sut. Dam I look sexy with my hair sut Lol. Thank God I live near a major intersection. I the intersection there is 5 major stores the target and some others. I the beggining I was beating myself mentally like a life and death situation. I was thinking what if I say this and what if I say that but, then I thought everything as a game. Since I had 20 left i made this into a game. I was going to walk into 3 major stores with saying Hi to 7 lucky people. Everytime I said Hi to those poeple it was like me destroying a boss. I thought this as I said Hi to those 7 "lucky People" lol " I better destroy the boss". Every Hi was like a bullet. I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Food4Less Hi 7 poeple
Target Hi 7 People
BigLots 7 people
along the way I was getting ****y and i said Hi to random poeple outside the parking Lot
I made EC too along the way also.
Hi 50
EC 50
I better get started on printing and downloading the songs for week 2 Thanks so sosuave
"One Small Step For Man, One Giant Leap For Manking"
"Baby Steps"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

//

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
About myself . I'm 17 , senior in highschool , live in a small town , only had one GF that lasted 3 weeks, in good shape and getting better , average looking but pale , low confidence and insecure , i'm known for being unsocialtable (which i'm going to fix even if I have no interest in conversations). But I'm tuff and very very determined.

Today I drove to a super walmart and managed to greet and keep eye contact with 10 people. Only one of them was a girl my age though.

Then when I was leaving I decided to stop by the cingular store to look interested in buying a phone and greeted 2 more people .

I talked to the sales represenative who was in her 20's and she seemed pretty irritated and she explained about the plans and phones and I asked ?'s . I kept eye contact but she would not look away at all so I would look at the phones and other cutomers coming in. What do you do if they just keep looking in your eye constantly and not look away?

The eye contact thing is difficult to get used to becuase I'm so used to not doing that. I did notice alot of people looking away or just not looking back at all though.

I kinda hoped I would of got rejected in some way.

When I greeted that one girl she smiled back and said hi. That felt pretty good. I still have to go to work so I will update later on today.

Update:

I went to work and got 3 more greetings , one from a new girl who works there who did not even look back or acknowledge and the other two who were doing construction around the bussiness. Now at 15

15/50 day 1

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do we have to post every day?

Today was not as good as yesterday. I had no eye contacts and greets with strangers.

All I did was go to work and the gym today but I did spent the rest of the day reading the DJ bible. (I know I know , go out there and learn from experience.)

15/50

msg

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 bootcamp objectives completed

started out on wednesday, took 1 hour for lunch and went for a walk to the local mall, hi 5ing people on my way to and from the mall, not many hunny bunnies at all, only old people, funny the old ladies were more receptive than the old men, got about a 70% compliance with people happy to return my hi 5, the others, mainly the older grandpa types just looked at me like a weirdo ended the night at rbb's place where we had a chat about our goals for sarging, ended the day with 16 hi 5s

didn't do much thursday because i was working and was invited to lunch with my boss

had a staff xmas lunch on friday so didn't get a chance to go out for a walk like i did on wednesday, went to v-bar friday night, hi 5'ved the doorman, inside i hi 5'ved all the bar staff and had a chat with them, got myself a drink and approached a 2 set, a blonde and a brunette, ran my online shopping routine, did some cold reading exercises and some kino escalation, got a kiss close from the brunette and the blonde gave me her email address, left the set to break into others, ended the night with a total of 10 hi-5s for friday, which made a total of 26 so far

met up with rbb at the mall in town, had some lunch and did some day time sarging, went to the art gallery and museum, not much happening there, went to almost every shop in the mall, got the remining 24 hi 5s i needed, was able to run my routine several times, but seemed to hesitate when going for the email / phone number, was starting to get tired so left it at that

anyways, objectives for week 1 now completed, i found this to be quite an easy exercise but only because i've been pretty good at approaching for a while now, have added the hi 5 to my routine now as a lead in to further escalation

going out again tonight, going to freestyle and start bootcamp week two in a few days time

merry christmas everyone :)

Simeon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 2

Ok, I've decided I'm gonna do this, I'm not working now till february, when i'll be going up to edinburgh for 2 months.

So its New Years Day, I'm young free and single, with infinite time on my hands and a bit of cash saved up so I've really got no excuses to do at least 4 weeks of this! Even tho i fully intend to do the whole 8.

So i went out last night (what, on new years eve, now theres a surprise!) and, despite not closing in anyway shape or form i had a pretty succesful night, introduced myself to a lot of random birds, even tho sometimes it was slightly in jest, gave loads of hugs and kisses (on the cheek) and danced with a fair few, (3 at once at one point :cool: ) but I'm not counting anything from last night as i was drinking, and i want to be able to do all this stone cold sober. I'm counting yesterday as day1 however so that each week will begin on a friday.

Ok so total time practicing EC = 0
total 'Hi' tally = 0

Iive not done anything all day because i dint get in till 7 am and havent ventured out. I am however gonna go join my frinds at the pub.. no drinking tho!

I shall report back later!
Wish me luck ; )

Simeon

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 Day 3

Ok, so in all honesty, last night was a lousy performance!

There was nobody in the pub, so decided to go into town, but that was dead aswell cos everyone was out last night. However we were in a bar, and then 2 birds walked in, the best lookin birds in the place by far, and my mates were all droolin over em! so i thought **** it! grabbed hold of my mate dragged him over there and introduced ourselves Anyway they were really cold at first, but after bout 30 seconds they warmed up and we started askin if they knew anywhere open tonight and blah blah blah, anyway to cut a long story short we said we'll see ya later an got back to our mates feelin pretty good!

Funny thing was all the girls that had seen us do it were now watchin us wiv interest.

anyway sorta went down hill from there, no1 really made eye contact long enough to say hi and the only other girl i said hi too, she was sat down on her own and i had to walk up bend down and stare in her face before she even looked! i got a Hi back off her tho and a smile :D

Anyway, goin for a run later so i'll try harder! 48 to go!

Last edited:

Simeon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 3

Right, well i went for the Run and on the way to my mates house (who i was goin for a run with) i saw an old man with a walking stick and his dog crossing the road. Despite the pressure i collected my wits got my thoughts together and Said to myself "This is it, now or never!" So i plucked up my courage walked right past him and said Hiya!! i got a bit of a grunted hello (funny, no eye contact whatsoever in the whole interaction :S) Anyway walked off thinkin "Oh yeah you are a PLAYER!!"

Haha ok so not exactly a HB but 1 for the list ;)

Said Hello to a Girl probly bout a 5 who blanked me, i couldn't help laughing after each 'Hi' maybe nerves? My mate was thinkin Wtfs goin on? lol. Said hi to an old woman with her dog who said hello back (Shame its not a boot camp for pickin up dog handling pensioners :D) and also a woman who was probly about a 6.5 and was with her son, who was like "do you know him" haha

There was one incident where on the last leg off the run we decided to sprint up this hill, and there was about 15-20 kids who were probly about 16-17 hangin around and a couple of the mouthy girls started shoutin "get those legs goin" and that sort of thing, like they do. So anyway adrenaline pumpin an feelin pretty good i ran right up to them all put my arms out stuck my fingers up and went "FAACCKKK OOFFFFF!!!!" lol, shoulda seen there faces!! Shame tho, doesn't really count as a hi, and not very sociable but i thought i'd share that with you anyways cos i found it quite funnny :D

So thats a total of 6 so far! pretty lame but still aim to complete by friday, I'd like to do 100 to perfect it but i'll be glad with 50 at this rate. anyway dunno if anyones readin this ( thanks for the support btw shezzler) but i'll keep posting, and see what i can achieve tomorrow.

Later

Simeon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 4

Spent all day looking for an Ipod to go runnig with. And in the process decided to get my 'Hi' count up. (Ok the real motivation to go out was the 'hi' count) I've also got my mate doin it which gives us both competition and motivation.

Went to town first of all, got no Hi's!! my mate got 1 off an old woman! lol
had a bad headache all day from not gettin much sleep last night, but its no excuse to be honest. Next we headed off to the trafford centre, (some massive shoppin place in the north west, uk) there was loads of females there so i shoulda finished my 50 easily!

But damn, how hard is it to get EC with these girls? i was practicin the EC and i thought, if they glance at me twice then the third time i'll go for a 'Hi!' There never was a third time! I got a few where they were really badly timed and the girls were like wtf?

I found it definately helps to say it sort of in jest with a sly smile, because it portrays confidence. but trying to seriously say hello to someone just seemed impossible!

Anyway i only greeted girls today (no old people :D) and eventually i came out with a dissapointing 6 for the whole day! which doubles my total count to 12.

I figured if i can double it every day from now on then i'll hit 48 by thursday, bit this seems like a bit of a stretch. Oh well I'll re read the articles in hte mornin and have another go.

On a side note i'm improvin alot with the EC which is good when I'm actually having conversations with girls (My biggest problem is concentratin to much on EC and my body language, and not taking anything in that the girl is saying haha!) oh well its all fun and games, at least i'm out there improving ;)

Kaptain

Don Juan
Reaction score
First Night In New Pub

Eye contact witheverybody I spoke to.
Introduced myself to 3 new people. (3/50)

FR:

I was invited to go into town by a chick I have been running a some game on. :woo:

After popping home to get changed. Found her surrounded by a bunch of other little dudes. :eek: AW bells started ringing big time.

Things going okay until I sit in booth where I have to face her. IL drops to the floor. She starts Kinoing the guy sitting the other side.

AW confirmed :down:

NEXT

Kaptain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kino was positive with her all night. Good point about MAVEC.

I'll see this AW again so I'll practice some MAVEC on her. In 2 weeks I won't see her again. :D

Simeon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 5

I'm ILL!

Spent all day in my house, which is really dissapointing. Spent alot of the time re-readin articles from the boot camp, and a few other posts on the forums, so not wasted my time completely. Still only on 12 tho.

Guess this just means I'm gonna have to put in an extra effort over the next two days (if i get better that is).

lata

Simeon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, So i'm still Ill, I'm on the mend tho, because my nose is like a tap, which means all the crap is coming out :D

In my mind, i wanted to go out today and get some more 'Hi's' but my body really didn't feel up to it. I forced myself to go for a walk eventually tho, and walked round my home town, the most i did was smile at a couple of police ladies, who were pretty hot, but i got a sort of embarrased smile back, like they were thinkin "what the hell?" So as i got near my house really dissapointed that i'd got no 'Hi's' a gentlemen with his lady stopped to let me pass on a tight section of pavement, to which i greeted him "Cheers" and got a polite mumble back. (its strange how hard it seems to be for people to talk on the street) anyway i counted that as 1 (altho rather a weak one).

as i approached my house i forced myself to carry on right past untill i'd said at least 1 more Hi. Then i spotted a hb7.5 walkin her dog. Despite no eye contact i said "Hiya" to which she looked up and responded with a really bright and cheerful "Hiya" which made me feel great :D i then proceeded to say 'hi' to another 2 people on the way home :D

Which puts me on a total of 16!

All in all i'm not really making very good progress with this, but i'm definately making 'some' progress, and i'm definately gonna complete my 50 no matter how long it takes!! (still you never know, a herculian effort tomorrow could still do it ;) )

lata

DJnoobie420

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just finished!

Its Day 7 week 1- i started late in teh week, but i got'er done, mostly due to my new job in the retail buissness, said high to like at least 200 peeps in the last 4 days! w00t!

deep

Reaction score
hi there, i've been reading through his dj / pua -thing and am now at last willing to change my life - i started bootcamp yesterday.

bit about myself: recently turned 21, living in a central european capital city. i do consider myself talkative and self-confident, but as far as approaching girls was concerned i was really highly dependent on my inner state and the situation i was in: i really need signals to get going. besides, i think i have the tendency to get ljbf'ed (mostly because i was often afraid of establishing closer, more intimate contact - always the "what would the others think if i did..." on my mind.
but enough jibba-jabba for now, let's get going !

day #1: i have been doing this sort of focusing other people (especially girls) in my AFC time before - but it was always dependent on my inner state (as i said before). i did some focusing (confidently, heads up and without hands in pockets - i just bout myself some really decent jeans, match my style very well) on a large pedestrian shopping street an on a public place while reading a magazine. only very few people were able to counter my focusing, only very few people smiled back at me ! there was this one situation where i was standing at a traffic light and a bus was passing by. there were two cute girls sitting at the back seat row, spotting me through the window. i stood there in the sunlight waiting for the lights the turn green, and focused. i could see them raving around and gazing back at me, there were electrocuted !! yea, that's the way.

tonight i'm going out, to a nice club. i like that, cause my primary interest is the interest in the music and culture (rather sort of underground-'hip' clubs than reg. discotheques). i guess that's an advantage for me there. i'm going with a friend, for the party basically... but this time i will pay SPECIAL attention to focusing.

deep

Reaction score
okay now, i got back from my night out.

the club was cool, been there before. my jeans and shoes are dirty as hell, and i'm exhausted. there were some really cute + hot girls too, but i stupid **** did do nothing but look at occasionly smile at them. now i really see why i should be doing this bootcamp...
how cool would it be not just to dance around them, but actually to talk to them and get them attracted. i didn't know what to say, and it was loud. some compliments were probably too 08/15, so i stuck with focusing and smiling... but that brought me nowhere in the end.
now i will get some sleep. i'll post my next report in the middle or end of the week.