Bootcamp started May1st, Week #4

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Final report??

Hey guys,

Sorry for being QUIET here. I advocate whatever happens, however successful or not so succesful U R, get on here and tell others about it, so we can get help.

BUT... I've been busy...

My situation.. I was south of San Fran 2 weeks ago, trying to finish up some research stuff at school, and scoot to an internship in New Jersey. Caught a red eye Sunday, 5/28 for Jersey. Am writing this while sitting about 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. I KNEW this was coming up when I started the bootcamp. However, there's NO "great" time to change one's life. So, I just jumped in when this camp started, figuring any progress is good progress.

The deal is, the last week at San Fran, huge allergy stuff.. couldn't sarge Friday or Saturday of that week (OUCH.. biggest nights). Then got here, and have no idea how the social scene works. I figured that did me in. But, people seem to be regrouping here. So, I'll post, and check what we wanna do.

Final report:
In 2 weeks, went for 3 number closes. One "I have a bf", one number close, but she does not call back. Those two were in San Fran area. One number close here in Jersey. I stopped in a coffee shop, and did some reading. Have not called her yet, so don't know the quality of that one.

My proposal:
If you guys wanna regroup and get going again, I'll stay in it with you. I'm convinced this is turning things around for me. Just the simple act of walking down a street, saying hi to people and getting hi's back about 40% of the time is a real boost.

I'll have to bust my hump here to learn the social scene. And, I'm in the middle of a research proposal to get me $$$ for next year (ya ya, perhaps I'm whining like a girl). Anyhow, I will go forward with this. I wanna do it with you.

If you think I'm too far behind, I'll wait a week or two for some of this proposal stuff to get behind me, and perhaps start my separate thread with my own reports of finishing the sarging.

In either event, my task now is to get more rejections, and more numbers HERE in NJ.

Evil, Mission, OceanWindRider, Jullian, yrock181, misterP, and PARTICULARLY POOHEAD.. and anyone else I've missed.. what you say???

Poohead.. stay in this! Hearing your stuff helps me out. You're feeling what I'm feeling, you are just writing it out. We're stronger with you than without you (am quoting Captain James T Kirk, there's a DJ to study).

kulowiper

Don Juan
Reaction score
June 5, 2006
" Believe BIG! The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief. Think little goals; expect little achievement. Think BIG goals and win BIG success. Whatever you focus on grows."
Author Unknown --- Submitted by Fearless A.C. --- Texas

June 5, 2006
" Really life is like riding a wave. If you a negative thinker, you will only stay at the bottom of that wave. If you think in terms of success, you will ride that wave all the way to the shore and enjoy the marvelous experience. Really, we all have the same difficulties. It is just the way one chooses to handle them that determines how high you are on that wave."
Copyright © 2006 Allen Steble

June 5, 2006
" When thoughts become action, success is attainable."
Written in 2006 by Pastor Rick Lancifort --- Florida

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thomas94305 said:
Hey guys,

Sorry for being QUIET here. I advocate whatever happens, however successful or not so succesful U R, get on here and tell others about it, so we can get help.

BUT... I've been busy...

My situation.. I was south of San Fran 2 weeks ago, trying to finish up some research stuff at school, and scoot to an internship in New Jersey. Caught a red eye Sunday, 5/28 for Jersey. Am writing this while sitting about 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. I KNEW this was coming up when I started the bootcamp. However, there's NO "great" time to change one's life. So, I just jumped in when this camp started, figuring any progress is good progress.

The deal is, the last week at San Fran, huge allergy stuff.. couldn't sarge Friday or Saturday of that week (OUCH.. biggest nights). Then got here, and have no idea how the social scene works. I figured that did me in. But, people seem to be regrouping here. So, I'll post, and check what we wanna do.

Final report:
In 2 weeks, went for 3 number closes. One "I have a bf", one number close, but she does not call back. Those two were in San Fran area. One number close here in Jersey. I stopped in a coffee shop, and did some reading. Have not called her yet, so don't know the quality of that one.

My proposal:
If you guys wanna regroup and get going again, I'll stay in it with you. I'm convinced this is turning things around for me. Just the simple act of walking down a street, saying hi to people and getting hi's back about 40% of the time is a real boost.

I'll have to bust my hump here to learn the social scene. And, I'm in the middle of a research proposal to get me $$$ for next year (ya ya, perhaps I'm whining like a girl). Anyhow, I will go forward with this. I wanna do it with you.

If you think I'm too far behind, I'll wait a week or two for some of this proposal stuff to get behind me, and perhaps start my separate thread with my own reports of finishing the sarging.

In either event, my task now is to get more rejections, and more numbers HERE in NJ.

Evil, Mission, OceanWindRider, Jullian, yrock181, misterP, and PARTICULARLY POOHEAD.. and anyone else I've missed.. what you say???

Poohead.. stay in this! Hearing your stuff helps me out. You're feeling what I'm feeling, you are just writing it out. We're stronger with you than without you (am quoting Captain James T Kirk, there's a DJ to study).

Baby you are so money and you don't even know it!

I was going to do a kulowiper kamikaze style one man boot camp in about a week or two - I was thinking,

-start back at week one, do the boot camp for 8 weeks in the traditional style
-start at week 4, continue the boot camp where I left off for the next 4-5 weeks traditional style
or
-start at week 4, then continue the boot camp, but take my time and not force myself to finish in 8 weeks. This would be kind of cheating, but at least I would finish it eventually, after which I'd surely have more confidence, then if I wanted to, start another boot camp and do it traditional style.

What are your thoughts on how you want to proceed? I'm not giving up.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OceanWindRider.. I'm SOOOO In..

I'm at a hotel.. had a false fire alarm today. While everyone was in the parking lot, I chatted up a woman. Got another number. This is cool.. heh heh!

To everyone that's still in.. Until we collectively decide what to do.. Recommend you keep practicing your approaches, getting number closes, rejections, and all the stuff covered so far in the boot camp. No reason to turn back now

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
so we got 3-4 people only?
I was thinking about altering the bootcamp to accomodate the majority's interests.
But now, we don't even have the majority :)

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We all failed.

Noone finished week 4 on time. Obviously we need to start again. Let's get on this. Summer's already here.