Bootcamp started May1st, Week #4

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJs, we've worked on initiating and maintaining eye contact, greeting strangers, and starting up conversations with chicks... now it's time to put all our skills to use, and get us some phone number!

Purpose of this lesson: For this fourth week in the DJ Boot Camp, our goal is to overcome any fear of rejection, and build calluses against rejection. As such we are going into the field, and start collecting rejections from girls. By getting rejected, we will see that it's not the end of the world, and that in fact, it will make it easier to approach girls. Plus, we'll be getting phone numbers in the process!

Week #4 assignment
1. First of all, read the articles for the week #4!
2. Then, your mission is to go out, talk, go for a number close and get rejected by 20(twenty) datable girls

All right guys, now the fun really begins!

We've worked on approaching girls, and initiating a conversation with them. Now it's time to put our skills to the test, and start reaping the rewards of our labours.

For this week's lesson, your mission is to go out, approach girls, and close for their phone number. However, instead of our focus being getting a certain number of phone numbers, our goal is to actually get a certain number of rejections. The reason is pretty simple... at this point, we are working on killing off our fear in asking a girl for her number.

So, for this week, we are to go out, approach girls, and go for a phone number close. We are to do this until we have been rejected a total of twenty times. Believe me, the first one or two rejections might be a bit tough, but after that, it'll get easier and easier... not to mention more and more fun.

You can't just say: "oh, this approach did not work out" and bail. You actually have to push to the #close!
Also, 10 rejections are not good enough. FEAR OF REJECTION is huge for many many people and we really need to kill it!!!
So, we're gonna do 20! :up:

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1/20 so far...

1. I was at the gas station, an MILF-like HB walks in, talking on her cell phone. She hangs up the phone and I go for it. This was a total joke - I basically just walk up to her and say 'hi. this is going to sound like a weird question but ... can i have your phone number?'

At first she gives me this weird look and says 'what?!', then I make up some story about how I'm in a frat and we have to ask 20 women for phone numbers by the end of the week. Then she starts laughing and playing along - she asks me, 'do you need me to sign something, or give you a fake number?'. I tell her, don't worry about it. Later I think about her reaction. She got a kick out of it, I really made her day. I could have probably played that and really gotten her digits...

--------

this assignment has got me freaking out, I don't know how I'm gonna get it done by sunday. i could barely get 10 convos last week, let alone pushing for # closes.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dudes -

this is hardcore. i have major approach anxiety. who else is still in? don't just post 20/20 at the end with no write ups, either. i want to read your stories as i do this myself.

don't give up! it's worth it!

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Damn sons

I may have failed week 3 but thats not going to stop me. Im moving onward to week 4 regardless and I will be posting my experiences in this thread.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
2/20

2. The most ridiculous pickup attempt ever. I was driving down the highway today, and traffic was stopped. I look over at my side and there is a HB sitting in the car next to me. I look over to her and I hold up my cell phone and point to it and then point to myself. She looks at me like 'what?'. I point to my cell phone and mouth the words 'your number!'. She looks at me like 'what?' I point again to my phone and mouth the words 'gimme your number!'. She looks at me like 'what?', but then traffic starts moving again.

evil

Don Juan
Reaction score
# CLOSE 1. (failed)
i can't believe i tried to # close a hb8 air hostess, on a flight ,in front of her co-workers & passengers! i would never have done this before !!
i felt so alpha even though it failed. I actually felt she liked me but she said she "doesn't do this at work". i should have isolated her (from co-workers).
anyway 1 down ,19 to go. it was fun even though there was no outcome!!

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
post in this thread if you are still doing this.

i need some damn support. i['m not doing this if it's only like 2-3 guys.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poohead et. al... I'm still in. I dunno how much time I'll have this week. But am giving it a shot when I can.

Went out Tuesday night. Danced a little with a hottie. Asked for her number later.. she hesitated a lot, and gave it to me. I'll call today or tomorrow to see if it's a good number or not.

Ya, I know.. that wasn't exactly going for a rejection. My problem is like the rest of you. I am still trying to relax around women. I feel I need to talk with her a while before I can ask for a number. I'm doing well at talking now. But, by the time I feel it's OK to ask for her number, there's enough rapport that I have a good chance of getting it.. life sucks, huh?

Had two other instances this week where I should have tried to number close. Said hi quickly to a gal on an elevator, exchanged names. She got off. I let her go. Should have asked right there, what to loose? Also that day, I had to go to an administration office to get something straightened out. Talked with a woman behind a counter.. imagine talking to a bank teller, that's the layout of the building. There weren't many people there. Made some small talk. I did not ask for the number.

How do you guys get over this "need" to build rapport or talk a while before asking for a number?? Dang!

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool. anybody else? don't tell me there are only 3-4 guys left!

are we still shooting for 20 by sunday?

Had two other instances this week where I should have tried to number close. Said hi quickly to a gal on an elevator, exchanged names. She got off. I let her go. Should have asked right there, what to loose? Also that day, I had to go to an administration office to get something straightened out. Talked with a woman behind a counter.. imagine talking to a bank teller, that's the layout of the building. There weren't many people there. Made some small talk. I did not ask for the number.

How do you guys get over this "need" to build rapport or talk a while before asking for a number?? Dang!
yeah, i had a few of these types of experiences over the past couple of days.

what i am having a hard time with is: this week we are basically acting the fool and going for 20 rejections. so whoever we approach - unless they are into us - most probably it will fail and we will be labelled as that goofy guy who asked me for my number.

i've been approaching strictly at work and around my apartment building. these women i see every day. i don't want to ruin my rep around where i live and work - so i need to approach people who i will never see again, which means I have to go out of my way to approach.

like that gas station woman, even if she thought i was a dork, which she didn't - i'd still never see her again. that girl at work in the elevator, there's a good chance i'll run into her sometime at work so i have more anxiety around her.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thomas94305 said:
Poohead et. al... I'm still in. I dunno how much time I'll have this week. But am giving it a shot when I can.

yeah you really have to make time to do this one. i can't try to# close everyone at work or at my condo, i have to go out and meet strange people to do this.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NOBODY IS STILL IN IT EXCEPT the 2-3 PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD?
AND OUR BC GUIDE IS AWOL?

WHAT THE HELL. I NEED SOME SUPPORT. AM I THE ONLY ONE WALKING AROUND THE CITY ACTING THE FOOL WITH STRANGE WOMEN? I'M NOT GOING TO DO THIS IF I'M THE ONLY ONE.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poohead.. life's much better with comrads to go it with you. But in the end, we're doing this for ourselves. Keep that in mind, everyone you talk with makes you that much more secure around women, whether or not the others in this boot camp do anything.

I respect you because you've already taken a stab at this, and we dunno about the others. Obviously with only 14 posts (including this one) by this time in the week, we're hitting a lot of dropouts.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
im still in even tho im at 0/20. i work through the entire middle of the day 1:30-7:30 which blows because thats primetime pickup hours.

However friday/sunday and possibly part of saturday can be used so im going to put mysself out there and then relate every approach here.

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
poohead,
the approach anxiety should be much less if you concentrate on getting rejected being your goal.
You're NOT doing approaches.
You're gathering rejects. This is your goal - to get rejected!

If a girl rejects you - that means you have one less to go for the goal. And it's just perfect!!

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't completed week 3 but I'm still in.

This week is going to be hard for me to complete because I've been working on # closes ever since I discovered David D, and I hardly ever get rejected when I ask. I get a lot of flakes though....

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a real reject. Danced tonight with someone. Walked away after one song. Knew I did not have enough time to rapport build with her. 15 minutes later, I looked at her, hesitated.. did AFC stuff from here, because I was anxious. I approached, asked her how's it going. Had a very brief convo. I said I was going to the other side of the club. "Could I have your number?" She went "well uhhhh". I said it's up to her, it's OK. She then returned with "I have a boyfriend". I said it was good meeting her, and I walked off.

LOL... all the AFC stuff going on here. I was sheepish in approaching her. My convo was not fun. I asked for her number with "could", instead of saying "I want your number", or something assertive. She paused, and I said something submissive, "it's OK". I might need a mini boot camp after this bootcamp to undo this stuff.

Basically for now, my tactic is talk just enough so I feel OK to ask, but not enough to build rapport. That causes them to back out. It's a compromise.. I could hang in there and rapport build, or I could just walk up and ask right off.

Anyhow, first one's the hardest. Am up and running. Took me a while to ask someone else to dance. But, I made myself do it. The point of this exercise is .. all she can do is .. say no. That's it, that's all. She can't stop me from talking with someone else, she can't stop me from having a good time anyhow, etc.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I call for a a headcount of everyone who's still in it in post #2 in this thread.

I also call for a week's extension of this week's BC. The website was down for a day. This thread was not updated or bumped until I did yesterday. I don't think anyone is even close to getting 20 by Sunday. I thought everyone had quit this BC yesterday and had given up for a couple of days this week. I'm going out tonight but I already know that talking to 20 people in one night is a lot. And, like I said, I refuse to act the fool around people in my building or work that I see regularly - so I have to do this rejection exercise outside of my daily routine.