Bootcamp started May1st, Week #2

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Migel said:
How many people have you met in your life and how many of them are your close friends? For example school. I've probably met hundreds of people through these institutions but I've got a couple of good friends out of all these people. A realistic point of view is that you're gonna end up with a couple of HB's after hundreds of approaches. That is why we are doing this bootcamp to make it a habit. If it's a habit you won't have to think about it consciously and you'll approach people on a daily basis and there is no way of not meeting somebody special out of thousands of girls.

i dunno man.

a couple of HB's afer hundreds of approaches? i got a couple of HB's the past couple of years and i didn't do any approaches.

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian,
the task for week # 3 is pretty easy - 10 convos, but with girls you would usually approach :)
I won't be posting tonight - so check the DJBC document for details ;)

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
So ten is enough? I just made it then!
Had a few more convos with the video store guy, some chick in the elevator, and some girl who was giving me a lot of IOIs on the street. Turned out she was a hooker, but at least I got a convo out of her before I escaped hehe.

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
whats week 3? honestly i still have a bit of trouble approaching HBs most of my his and convos were with non-HBs, hopefully the rest of the BC will help me with that!

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OceanWindRider said:
poohead:
You do hundreds of approaches just to learn the skill not to get a couple of HBs.
Then, it should go much easier :D
once you have several hundred approaches out of your belt - do you start getting f closes and day 2's with more than 50 percent of the HB's you approach or something? that would be very cool.

you could knock out a couple of hundred approaches in less than a year, six months or so if you really work at it. that's not so bad if you think about it.

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
you could knock out a couple of hundred approaches in less than a year, six months or so if you really work at it. that's not so bad if you think about it.
Yeah if it's a habit it will be easy. Think brushing your teeth. If you think about how many times you will have to do this in the upcoming 5 years it will be terrifying. 365 days a year, 2 times a day = 3650 times! I can't make it! The only way to not freak out by these numbers is to not think about it ;).

As I create more opportunities, I see many more opportunities that I'm missing. How do you guys deal with this mentally? I said in an earlier post, that patience and persistence are skills of a DJ. But, I'm not good at taking my own advice. I tend to kick myself
A couple years ago I was like falling in love every week. In the past months I've been kicking myself after every opportunity to approach. Now I think I've just learned that there is no such thing as missed opportunity, it's all part of the process. One way to relax about this is to realize you are not perfect.
Excellent post by pook "Perfect is boring".

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
my reading comprehension skills are lacking. Lol

Last edited:

Genji

Don Juan
Reaction score
We only need 10 convos for week 2? Okay. I'm done then. I don't have time to post a full run down of my experience because I'm at work now (my internet connection at home pooped out). Let's start week 3!

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian said:
Damn son, where is the week 3 thread? Its already monday, almost noon. If your going to be doing this BC you need to stay on top of this **** son and not leave me hanging waiting for the thread.
he's already given us the mission:

10 convos, but they have to be with women you're interested in

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
poohead said:
he's already given us the mission:

10 convos, but they have to be with women you're interested in

alright haha sorry im impatient and ready to go!!!!!!!

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ BOOT CAMP WEEK #3 - progress so far...

2/10 convos with HB's

1. Completely botched attempt to game a latina chica at the register of a cell phone store at the mall.

2. I proceeded to try to game the HOT HOT HOT HB9+ receptionist at the gym that I go to. She was nice, but a bit disinterested, I wasn't very C+F or smooth - I'm pretty sure it was obvious that I was a bit nervous. I think she was on her lunch break, and I caught her in line at the Starbucks next door. The guy next to me in line was obviously getting a kick out of the fact that I was totally hitting on this girl. I realized that I might be coming on too strong so I left her alone. Hottest girl I've approached so far.

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
poohead, cool :)
This guy was just envious cause he could not go and talk to HB9+ himself!!

Sorry, guys, i am completely tied up with the stuff i need to do for my lawyer today :(
i will post tonight. It will involve a lot of disciplinary actions ;)
But you know the drill - read the articles in the DJBC and then go do the exercises!

JayCamx23

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i did not complete the week. i just couldnt get out this weekend. worked friday and sat nights, and all day sunday. go ahead, call me a quitter or whatever. ill try this again in the summer, and if that doesnt work, ill have to wait til i can drive. if i still cant, then ill get a different job. whatever it takes. im happy that i got this friday off. and since i havent sarged in a couple weeks, im very motivated to get back on track.

SiL

Reaction score
Well I got 10 conversation's total... Although for me this week wasnt so much about that, it was being alittle less reserved and laid back and just approaching and talking with friends of friends, complete strangers, etc..

I'm not going to go through all the convo's, but I think if I tried I could have got 3 # closes.

Regardless, I think i'm going to hold myself back on this week alittle bit, except focus more on opening up to women (HB's at that).

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
SiL, Good job!
Now, do me a favour. Next time you think you can go for a #close but hesitate for ANY REASON or you think you blew the set. Like you think she won't give you the number or your game was not tight enough.
Go for #close any way! It's important not to lose the possibilities.
Even more important it is that we are often talk ourselves out of a perfectly good set!

yoMaxPower

Reaction score
FINAL RESULTS
(A day late)

Despite finals week I could not get the assignment out of my head. Here are my conversations.

On Wednesday Night I went to the library to study for a final I had early in the morning.

1. There were two people making photocopies of a test. I asked them about the test.
Time: 5 minutes

2. Three people are at a table for four studying for the final. I am in the same class and ask if I can study with them. After introducing myself one guy tells me that we already met. I am confused. It turns out that he showed up at one of my parties when I was black-out-drunk. He still counts as a stranger because I am a different person when drunk. There was an HB8 in the group. We had fun coming up with dirty mnemonics to help remember stuff. I did not # close because I suck at life. She even wanted to study with just me after the library closed. I wanted a good nights sleep so declined. She offered her # in case I changed my mind. I ignored her and drove home.
Time: 8 hours

3. After the final I go to a barbeque. Three guys that I do not know are playing hack sack. I join the circle introduce myself and hack it up. They were very boring dudes.
Time: 1 hour

4. While playing hacky sac I sky-hack the hack into some random guys house. I retrieve the hack and talk to him.
Time: 3 minutes.

5. I talk to some random dude standing by the bbq.
Time: 10 minutes.

6-9. I go to a drive to a party. I had 3 really really retarded conversations.
Time: 10 minutes.

After waking up from the party I went to the mall. I was too scared to talk to anyone! WTF!

10. On Saturday I volunteered at a local hospital. I pushed my comfort zone and talked to the ER security guard about the submarine book he was reading. It was awkward for me and I got a rush out of the conversation. I was proud of that one.
Time: 3 minutes.

11-20. At the party that night I met and talked to lots of strangers. One guy is a whitewater kayaker. It was cool to talk boating and whatnot.
Time: 4-5 minutes.

Missed Opportunity. At the bookstore I made a girl (hb 3) move so I could get to the Nick Horby books. She had a list was checking off the books she was looking for, and was super ugly. That was a conversation handed to me on a silver platter, but I was too scared to talk to her. People in book stores and the mall are too scary. Last week I could not complete the hi assignment at the mall. I had to walk around campus. I tried three times to go to the mall and say hi since then, but I have been too *****. Do you guys have suggestions as to other places that I could meet people?

DonJuanhopefull

Reaction score
done

finished my 15 convo's today had 10 done on thursday but ive been busy. for me the convo's just came wen i did my normal routine then recognized a normal situation where i would say nothing and decided to act on my instincts and most of the time the other person was just waiting for me to break the ice.