Being good-looking is rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman23

Banned
Reaction score
I know I know, there's plenty of these threads, but I gotta rant. And no, I'm not going to post my picture on the internet. I'm a rather shy guy, and let me tell you. Shy + Good-looking is a horrible combination for pulling in women. It just doesn't work. I swear, most girls will NOT show their interest. They're going to hide it because they're just as scared of rejection. A few weeks ago, I was in the lunchroom at work and there was this hottie in there, I don't know her personally, but I've seen her around. Anyway a friend of mine told me she thought I was hot. She never smiled at me, she never talked to me. Most girls I've been with have acted exactly like that. Why don't they just show their interested? I'm so sick of them hiding it and making me chase. It makes it much more difficult because I can't guage if they like me or not. Girls care more about their ego than guys, trust me.

Sometimes I wish I was average-looking, that way girls would feel more comfortable around me. Because it's hard enough with myself being shy, but when BOTH people are shy.... that's the worst possible thing. And it seems like that's the case every time.

Snowman23

Banned
Reaction score
I think I got a 9.2 on hotornot, this was a few years ago. And a lot of people voted me a 1 to bring my score down. The thing is, in real life you would never know women thought I was a 9. They just don't show it. And it fvcking pisses me the fvck off. GFD, it would make my life easier if they weren't so damn scared, fvcking damnit, this isn't supposed to work like this. Guys will flock to a good looking women, but it just doesn't happen the same way for guys. GIRLS CARE MORE ABOUT THEIR EGO THAN GUYS. FACT.

Bigdavis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a solid 8 on hot or not and I have absolutely no shyness issues. I'm very social and very outgoing. The problem I'm running into is girls sometimes being scared away because they think I'm a player.. I mean they're right in a lot of instances but sometimes when it's a girl I really like and I'm geniunely interested in she won't give me a chance because she's so convinced i'm a heartbreaker.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugly guys around the world just shed a collective tear for you, Good-Looking.

Nebula

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like Snowman has a narcissistic personality disorder. These people (whether good-looking or not), are legends in their own minds. This guy probably loves himself more than any women he's ever been with.

And JFK Jr. died in a plane crash.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, very true post I know how you feel.

I don't think girls aren't feeling you because they're "scared of rejection". I think it's a huge let down to girls when a guy is extremely good looking, but very shy. It's the same analogy that goes along with "don't judge a book by it's cover." They judged it, and they aren't exactly excited about what they saw inside.

Listen man you DON'T wish you were average looking. Being a good looking guy is a HUGE advantage and a great ego booster. Being decent or good looking, we don't really know what it's like to be different. It's a lot tougher. Good looking guys can look in the mirror before they go out and have an immediate ego boost that sets them off for the rest of the night. If you don't then you should learn to.

In conclusion, thrive on the fact that you're better looking than most guys and work on being a little more outgoing. You won't believe how girls flock to a guy who is physically attractive and not afraid to speak his mind. If women are still "insecure" after that, then simply make the first move, which you should be doing anyways. 9 times out of 10, they won't reject it at all.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bigdavis said:
I'm a solid 8 on hot or not and I have absolutely no shyness issues. I'm very social and very outgoing. The problem I'm running into is girls sometimes being scared away because they think I'm a player.. I mean they're right in a lot of instances but sometimes when it's a girl I really like and I'm geniunely interested in she won't give me a chance because she's so convinced i'm a heartbreaker.

The player thing is crap, isn't it? Especially if it is not true. That rumor is easing up a bit for me but still... At least I'm getting good word of mouth from some women who know the truth.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love being good looking and i'm pretty confindent in myself so it's a good match. However it is true that some chicks will be more insecure around guy's who are hot.

This one model chick i was talking to said she won't date other models, because she prefers average looking guy's. I asked her why and she said "the average guy's are less likely to cheat or leave you for someone prettier." I was applaud when i heard this coming for this hot chick. But believe me being good looking is a good thing. Sure you may get judged but hey only god can judge me and in the meantime i will prove you wrong.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have these problems myself, even have the women that start hating on me when I've given them absolutely no reason to. However, instead of saying I'm some hot-ass dude I think it's more accurate to say this happens with "some" women who are attracted to me for whatever reason.

I find that when I break the ice and make them comfortable by letting them know I'm attracted to them they tend to let their guard down. This can happen to any guy whether or not you look like some Calvin Klein model. It all relates to the particular woman because some aren't shy about letting you know they like you (verbal or non-verbal).

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same problem

http://www.myspace.com/naughtonbynature and the thing about is I know plenty of other guys way less good looking than me get asked on dates, approached, picked-up and this is just based on first appearance. This never happens to me.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the premise of this thread is flawed. Looks aren't that important one way or the other, so I don't think your looks could possibly be screwing you over as much as you imagine. If you think every girl finds you attractive just by looking at you, just go ahead and chat up a few of them. According to you, your job should be easy, whether they're giving out IOIs or not.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i've had women obsess over me even though I'm not that cute, so your experience proves nothing. Most guys base 90% of their evaluation of a girl on the girl's looks. Girls value many other things, and remember that percentages can never exceed 100%.

Examples of things girls care about:
- how well you talk
- how confident you are
- how you dress
- how many friends you have
- whether her own friends like you
- how much money you have

and I could go on...

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DjDan said:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2630/hothd4.jpg

I'm rated 9.7 on there out of 200 people.

so what?!

Hot or Not does not mean much, honestly.

Unfortunately it doesnt matter how hot you are or how good you look, if you sit there like a bitch waiting for girls to approach you, it just won't happen. At least not the girls you want.

you are gonna have to grab your balls and step it up!
lol...is this seriously what you go out looking like?

Wait a minute....are you the same guy that posted a pic of yourself dry humping that UG doggystyle? :crackup: Oh mate you make my day :D:D:D

mackdaknife

Don Juan
Reaction score
Troll.

Snowman23 said:
I know I know, there's plenty of these threads, but I gotta rant. And no, I'm not going to post my picture on the internet. I'm a rather shy guy, and let me tell you. Shy + Good-looking is a horrible combination for pulling in women. It just doesn't work. I swear, most girls will NOT show their interest. They're going to hide it because they're just as scared of rejection. A few weeks ago, I was in the lunchroom at work and there was this hottie in there, I don't know her personally, but I've seen her around. Anyway a friend of mine told me she thought I was hot. She never smiled at me, she never talked to me. Most girls I've been with have acted exactly like that. Why don't they just show their interested? I'm so sick of them hiding it and making me chase. It makes it much more difficult because I can't guage if they like me or not. Girls care more about their ego than guys, trust me.

Sometimes I wish I was average-looking, that way girls would feel more comfortable around me. Because it's hard enough with myself being shy, but when BOTH people are shy.... that's the worst possible thing. And it seems like that's the case every time.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
L777 said:
lol...is this seriously what you go out looking like?

Wait a minute....are you the same guy that posted a pic of yourself dry humping that UG doggystyle? :crackup: Oh mate you make my day :D:D:D
L777 (post above) I don't think you ever posted anything useful on this site.....everything you say is irrelevant or trying to communicate how "streetwise" you are to everyone. Seriously...pack it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.