Becoming popular

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly dont think i'm popular. I'm above average, but what i've learned the past 2 years is this.
-DONT EVER TRY TO MAKE SOMEONE LIKE YOU. If u have done this i want you to slap yourself, because it will never work. I always worried about people liking me before and i got ****. If you just be yourself people will respect that and hang with you, but u must also except the fact that NOT EVERYONE WILL LIKE YOU. Some people dont like you. so what?
-Be positive. You can disagree with people, but you should support your peers and they'll support you. Make people feel safe to be around you. When people feel its ok to let go around you, you've hit the jack pot with that person, and you guys will be friends for a long time.
-Be open to what people say. Like i said you can disagree with people, but tell them you disagree in a kind way no one likes to get shot down when their trying to share their ideas. Just say something like "i guess, i think it's more like......"
-Smile. Your body language says ALOT, and body language is the wrong word for it more like face body language. Cause if you have a mean look people won't want to be around you, but if you smile alot people with think your a happy guy and want some of that. Make kind gestures with your body, and dont go around with a stiff upper lip and your eye brows tilted down.

Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanna be popular?

2 easy steps!!!#$%:

1. Forget about becoming popular

2. Learn to truly listen to another person

Let those two sink in, and you are ***magnetic***

Infraction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Acutally, if you want someone to like you just say what they say in other words. They will think there is a connection and he will like you.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm popular... And I never even had to work for it! Just came naturally.
Here's a short summary of what I do that may contribute to it:
  • Be a leader to those around you.
  • Be dead-honest to everybody you see, but don't hurt anyone's feelings either.
  • Don't let anyone fvck with you. Don't worry they won't like you, as a matter of fact "not letting people fvck with you" only instills respect.
  • Flirt with every girl you see, above a 6.
  • Whereever you are, approach people. Standing in line, waiting for something, just start talking to people.
  • Make friends with all the hottest girls.
  • Be fvcking confident.
If you're good, you'll have around 100 people that know you and like you a lot (I counted mine a while back, I'm at around 200 people), and about 10 close friends that you do fun stuff with. This way, you can walk into almost any venue in an entire city and have social proof instantly.

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually its more like saying the same thing as that person but when you rephrase what they are saying, use bigger words more Enthusiasm and choose specific trance words that they might have used and take it beyond what they might of said. There subconscious mind will pickup on these details and make that person actually feel more comfortable around you then consciously they re-frame this and feel a connection to you on a deeper level. Don't go overboard with this its sometime noticeable that this is what your doing to people not involved in the conversation.

Example.

I love the new Escalades, I want an orange one.--- Lame

Rephrased-

You mean the chilled out Escalade, With the bad ass Burnt Orange paint job I would Love to cruise around in that beast, Buy some chromed out 20s ha, we would be straight up gangsters in it.

Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to use tactics to be someone's friend.

Me: The sky is pretty blue today.

You: Hell yeah (throwing head back and cackling), the sky is blue, you know sorta like Carolina blue, isn't it so nice when you look up and the sky is blue, hell yeah, BOOYAH!!!

Me: :whistle: Okay, I'll see you later then...

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rint, for a 15 year old, your post contains much wisdom. I especially like your statement "Not everyone will like you".

Reaction score
Easy way to become popular if you havent been so hot for the past years, PARTY, if thers a party people WILL come, then you meet all of them and work your stuff. Then when you goto skool youll no everyone.

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
or if you are in high school wear abercrombie and fitch clothes and shell necklaces

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Styles said:
2. Learn to truly listen to another person
There's your key! Everyone in this world seeks someone who will listen and encourage what they have to say.

Think about it, who would you rather hang out with - the alpha male who steals the limelight, cracks jokes, gets all the women, makes all the decisions and makes you feel inferior, or the guy who makes you feel valued and encourages the best in you?

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
There's your key! Everyone in this world seeks someone who will listen and encourage what they have to say.

Think about it, who would you rather hang out with - the alpha male who steals the limelight, cracks jokes, gets all the women, makes all the decisions and makes you feel inferior, or the guy who makes you feel valued and encourages the best in you?
the alpha male

DJBaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had to post! I find it weird that you guys are talking about how to win friends. Maybe its just me...

I am ultra popular to the point where I have almost become anti-social cause I fluckin can't take it anymore! No free time at all!! AHHH!!! Neways the key to being ultra popular is very easy. You gotta have the spotlight. Even if you don't cause ur surrounded by alphas, you always gotta have something to offer people.

Example: during my year at this certain higher education school, I secretly got internet installed in my room, which was unheard of! of course I was popular before, but HOLY SH-T now everyone suddenly wants to be my 'friend'. At that point I was basically on everyones A LIST. IT got annoying fast. Too many people wanting to get in good with me.. That was just a lame example but none the less it accomplishes its goal.

Also you must always be in control and cool. Here is an example of me flucking up. Recently I have been getting fed up with 1 of my closest friends, because while we did fun stuff for a long time together, I find that he is quite a dumbass and is starting to be less than alpha even tho he has the confidence. His instant-addiction to whatever he craves at any second has gotten me very annoyed. Lately we have been getting into arguments publicly which has been hurting my integrity/appearance around others. So I'm trying to phaze him out slowly, but its hard since we developed into one of those 'crews' that carry the badge of ultra-popularity.

Parties -->
When we throw parties, its known as the best times around... However being in this ultra-loved crowd means now we deal with something unique.. PR !!!! Yes you need to have PR to an extent when you get really popular cause its like keeping this very sensitive mix of chemicals in perfect harmony, otherwise things can go down fast -- word travels faster than a speeding bullet these days!

Alright I rambled alot above so here are some good additional info:

Its best to get in with the hard ass guys. Girls love em, and their 'toughness' rubs off on you. In order to do that you need to show them recognition in a non gay and mutual way. Sounds weird right? I know a guy they call 'pitbull' who basically fights half the people he meets. He loves me, why? Cause when I see him I show him appreciation and respect him and I certainly don't fear him, even though he could beat the living shizzle out of me. Why? Cause I have confidence and I know I'm the SHIZZNIT! (getting back to the DJ basics!)

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel is giving solid advice here. Listen to him.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start touching girls.

Eventually you'll have girls touching you back.

Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Clout in some little social circle only is good currency for that social circle. Outside of the circle, the alpha male is nothing.

Like at the college gameroom, there is another guy who is an "alpha male"...however, I frequently get looks from the girl that likes him

AND

I have had a very close encounter with her best friend, which I'm sure barring library cameras and work schedules, could've ended in some collegiately sanctioned coppulating.

I've made alpha-males scowl when I enter the same room, because they know, every lame impression and joke can't compare.

All of those types of guys keep their girlfriends away from me, or at least hint for me not to talk when their girlfriends are in the room, because if I talk, then their girlfriends get aroused.

I sh!t on alpha males. Yet don't pursue alpha male-dom. lol.