Beauty is the wrapping, not the gift.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
To all the men here chasing 'hot' women, beauty is the wrapping, not the gift.

My neighbour commented today on a young woman leaving my house yesterday and called her gorgeous. Delilah is, indeed, gorgeous. Tall, raven mane, cat eyes, hawk nose, cupid lips, slim and fit, reminiscent of a younger Angelina Jolie.

And, not unlike Jolie, a total psycho.

Her father named her aptly, like the Biblical harlot who bested Samson, this Delilah is also manipulative just for fun and games.

She had heard about me from one of her girlfriends, who told her I counselled people with C-PTSD. Could I counsel her? She'd pay handsomely. I could fit her in and yesterday was her third visit.

I admit that at her first visit to my 'practice', she was so stunning in her looks that even I felt a brief flutter in my belly, but I suffer from Delayed Emotional Display, so I didn't show any lust when I shook her hand and invited her to come in. My lack of desire seemed to unsettle her a bit and I decided to keep her unbalanced by not showing any reaction to her appearance.

She's an interesting study from a psychological perspective. Her stories are imaginative, but when you read between the lines, you can see she's a user who turns abusive the moment she finds a chink in some poor man's armour. She was eager to speak about sex and relationships and talked about men the way people talk about their toys. She was easily bored, men didn't really excite her very much, she enjoyed mainly feeling superior and putting people down.

I mirrored her disdain, I don't hate people, but I feel better when they're not around. We had a 'click' and when her time was over, she tried to stay a little longer (which I didn't allow, of course), and made a second appointment. On the second appointment we went a little deeper into the trauma to where she lost her faith in men (incest, of course) and we made some real progress, so on the third visit she became more proactive in trying to 'win me over', hence the even more stunning outfit than the first time and plenty of bending over to show she wasn't wearing a bra. I've played that game before though, most of the BPD women I counsel try to get in my pants at a point in the counselling when they realise they are not the one in control.

Her fourth visit should be interesting, but as I watched Delilah walk away I realised how the wrapping isn't always representative of the contents.

Don't stare yourself blind on the outward beauty of women, they're not all as pretty on the inside as they appear on the outside.
When I hear the name Delilah, it reminds me of the radio show back in the 90s in NYC.