"Be yourself" is the WORST advice in the history of mankind!!

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the past 12 years, I have tried different strategies. I have tried acting myself, only to get blasted with rejections. I have also tried lying about myself. About my income, my status, my background, etc. I have gotten numbers from this and even dates.

Bottom line:

If you want to get laid, you have to tell girls what they want to hear. If they don't hear what they want to hear, you will get "nexted" and will end up bitter (like me haha).

You have to fool yourself into thinking that you're a CEO, a baller, and a player and eventually girls will believe you (I am an excellent liar and no one ever catches me lying). This is the advantage to going after girls who you have never met before. They have no idea about your background so you can lie away.

I might try making up a story that I have a girlfriend who is a lawyer in order to get my coworker to like me. If I tell her this it will elevate my status and make her think that I'm "off the market", thus making me more attractive to her. It can be incredibly easy to manipulate women, because they only want you to say the things that they want to hear.

If girls know that you are available, this will cause their pvssies to dry up. You need to make it known to them that you're either in a serious, monogomous relationship, or that you're having sex with multiple hotties.

954luigi

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know what the hell u talkin bout but most girls love honesty. you can lie about money, girls, materials and a bunch of other things but never about yourself, stay true to yourself. people will respect you for that and girls will love you for it

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
Over the past 12 years, I have tried different strategies. I have tried acting myself, only to get blasted with rejections. I have also tried lying about myself. About my income, my status, my background, etc. I have gotten numbers from this and even dates.

Bottom line:

If you want to get laid, you have to tell girls what they want to hear. If they don't hear what they want to hear, you will get "nexted" and will end up bitter (like me haha).

You have to fool yourself into thinking that you're a CEO, a baller, and a player and eventually girls will believe you (I am an excellent liar and no one ever catches me lying). This is the advantage to going after girls who you have never met before. They have no idea about your background so you can lie away.

I might try making up a story that I have a girlfriend who is a lawyer in order to get my coworker to like me. If I tell her this it will elevate my status and make her think that I'm "off the market", thus making me more attractive to her. It can be incredibly easy to manipulate women, because they only want you to say the things that they want to hear.

If girls know that you are available, this will cause their pvssies to dry up. You need to make it known to them that you're either in a serious, monogomous relationship, or that you're having sex with multiple hotties.
Do you ever have anything positive to contribute to this forum?

I mean, if men are coming here looking for advice on how to be successful with women, why would they listen to some bitter kid who's whining about not get laid?

Do you take lessons from successful people or failures?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a man is happy with who he is, then he should be himself. In which case he will attract a particular type of woman, and hopefully its a woman compatible to him. No man should ever change simply for women he doesnt even know.

You change if YOU want to change. In which case I do agree with "be yourself". Once I stopped trying to be a certain type of guy all for the sake of appealing to women, things got better for me. I did things for myself, not for others.

Some chicks will dig me, and some wont. Thats how life is. Right now I have a particular friend whos very into me, and Ive really done nothing but be myself. I act like I do without thinking about it, and just so happens that a girl is currently crushing of me.

So in summary, if you are happy with who you are...then YES, BE YOURSELF. Only change things about you, if they will make you happy. At the end of the day, you have to be true to who you are....in which case youll always be "being yourself" if you do what you want.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
If a man is happy with who he is, then he should be himself. In which case he will attract a particular type of woman, and hopefully its a woman compatible to him. No man should ever change simply for women he doesnt even know.

You change if YOU want to change. In which case I do agree with "be yourself". Once I stopped trying to be a certain type of guy all for the sake of appealing to women, things got better for me. I did things for myself, not for others.

Some chicks will dig me, and some wont. Thats how life is. Right now I have a particular friend whos very into me, and Ive really done nothing but be myself. I act like I do without thinking about it, and just so happens that a girl is currently crushing of me.

So in summary, if you are happy with who you are...then YES, BE YOURSELF. Only change things about you, if they will make you happy. At the end of the day, you have to be true to who you are....in which case youll always be "being yourself" if you do what you want.
Right now I have a particular friend whos very into me, and Ive really done nothing but be myself. I act like I do without thinking about it, and just so happens that a girl is currently crushing of me.

She must need a girl friend to go shopping with. She must love your expressive ways and your ability to relate to her girl problems.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have to lie about yourself to get women to "like you" then you are a loser.

Obviously a little lying here and there is fine, but lying about your status and passions is just too far. Not everyone is going to like you. But the people you DO like you will be around for a longer time. If they dont like me being myself guess what? Thats their problem not mine and ill just find one of the countless people who will. Dont let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

Its not really about being yourself its more about if you're confident in yourself.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:

I'm happy that being yourself is working for you, but it doesn't work for all guys. I speak on this forum for the guys who haven't had a girlfriend in over 4 years and can't get numbers by going to the club. There are many of them here, but the pseudo DJ's tend to ignore them and call them "losers" and "faggots". If a guy is trying to get a girl it's not his fault if he's getting rejected. He's doing the best he can.

I thought that Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. If you keep being yourself, and are NOT getting anywhere...you should try a few lies once in a while. It really can't hurt.

XY.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lying about yourself may be morally wrong, sure.

but

If you only care about increasing your notch count and not cultivating a ltr then lie away, my friend

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronaldo7 said:
Right now I have a particular friend whos very into me, and Ive really done nothing but be myself. I act like I do without thinking about it, and just so happens that a girl is currently crushing of me.

She must need a girl friend to go shopping with. She must love your expressive ways and your ability to relate to her girl problems.
Maybe. :crazy:
skinnyguy said:
I'm happy that being yourself is working for you, but it doesn't work for all guys. I speak on this forum for the guys who haven't had a girlfriend in over 4 years and can't get numbers by going to the club. There are many of them here, but the pseudo DJ's tend to ignore them and call them "losers" and "faggots". If a guy is trying to get a girl it's not his fault if he's getting rejected. He's doing the best he can.

I thought that Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. If you keep being yourself, and are NOT getting anywhere...you should try a few lies once in a while. It really can't hurt.
Like I said before, change for yourself, not for someone else. At the end of the day, that change will still be you being you. And this is because the change is something you want. When you start changing for other people, thats when you arent being yourself.

You follow me here? If you want to change, then do it. Theres good advice to be had on this forum and from guys you meet out in the world. Instead of always creating "woe is me" threads or posts, why dont you become proactive.

What exactly are you having trouble with? Style? How to speak with women? Confidence? All of the above? Hit us with some recent examples of what you need help with.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Maybe. :crazy:
Like I said before, change for yourself, not for someone else. At the end of the day, that change will still be you being you. And this is because the change is something you want. When you start changing for other people, thats when you arent being yourself.

You follow me here? If you want to change, then do it. Theres good advice to be had on this forum and from guys you meet out in the world. Instead of always creating "woe is me" threads or posts, why dont you become proactive.

What exactly are you having trouble with? Style? How to speak with women? Confidence? All of the above? Hit us with some recent examples of what you need help with.
But I AM being proactive...I'm suggesting a way for guys like me to at least get noticed by girls. If girls think you're a baller, they will pay more attention to you. You have to play mind games with them if you're not attractive.

My style is fine. I do talk to women, but they reject me because of my race and looks. Plain and simple.

I have tried building my social circle cause I believe that will help. I'm relatively new to this city so it has been hard making a group of friends.

Serenity

Reaction score
From what I get about you. You don't give a fvck about what we say. You're closed minded and arrogant with a bitter/negative attitude. That's probably why you're having such bad "luck".

If you keep lying you might pull some random girls, but sooner or later they will find out who you really are. You will never have a LTR this way. A real man never have the need to tell lies. It's for pvssies who don't have the balls to be honest and take responsibility for his own actions.

You need to improve your mindset and thought patterns, not your superficial self. I recommend breaking yourself down to expose all insecurities and then work on them. All you are doing now is creating a shell around yourself to hide your insecurities.

In case you completely misunderstand this post, my intention is actually to help you.

EDIT
skinnyguy said:
My style is fine. I do talk to women, but they reject me because of my race and looks. Plain and simple
And there's an insecurity.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
skinnyguy said:
In all fairness, there IS a shred of truth to this.

Being known as "single" in your social circle is ok if you are very good looking. At worst, it will frustrate women and make them ask if you're gay lol. Or they assume you are a player. But that's not so bad lol.

But being average looking (give or take) and being known in your circle as chronically* single is ABSOLUTELY the kiss of death. Even being known as (casually or seriously) dating a fat chick is better than being known as single in this scenario.

*Dry spells and being in-between relationships is normal and generally accepted. But single for say 2 years or more, forget it lol.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look at yourself in the mirror and see a 4 then don't expect to be bagging girls who are 8s.

The point of the forum is to teach you how to turn yourself into an 8. Fortunately for guys it's much easier to move up the rating scale then it is for chicks.

Dgwizdal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like you have some strong innergame brah. Come back when you be the man for yourself instead of lying to your plates and your soul. Read the bible.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:

Bottom line:

I actually feel sorry for you. You need help, seriously.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My nephew is a true don juan. He applies all the aspects of a DJ and without even knowing what a DJ is. It come up natural and he approaches 10-15 girls a day. The girl he likes he goes for her.

Hes a great charmeur, a great talker, uses kino immediatley and only goes for sex. He never ever ever catches feelings, its unbelievable. He gets laid everyday . Hes a tall guy, looks good and does this for 15 years hes 35 now.

He lies about everything, he says hes a doctor, has mercedes keys in his hands when he talks, has 2 phones and tell them about basically anything they want to hear. He actually has a normal job to pay his bills and thats it not even a car.

HE f*cks them then dumps them. Some girls even find out he lied about everything and still stay with him and call him.

So clearly, you could lie to get panties wet but even if they found out and they already fell for you, they will stay around. If a girl likes you she will stay and find you whatever you did to her. SO: my nephew could approach the girls without lieying and still get them.

just had to share this