"Be yourself" is the WORST advice in the history of mankind!!

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
This whole thread is very sad.

Being a Don Juan is being a Don Juan, not lying to yourself and everyone around you for the possibility of a little poon.

All the time it took to type this could have gone to something productive. Instead, it went into this.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
If a man is happy with who he is, then he should be himself.
Right, if you're happy with yourself, be yourself. If you're not happy with yourself, pretend to be the man that you're trying to become. In either case, you're at least coming from a position of honesty.

For me, when it comes to women, I like to be appreciated for myself. Not for some ficitional lie where she likes me because she thinks I'm an astronaut or whatever lol. If she likes me for a lie then she's not liking me for me. I know some guys think this idea is ridiculous ("as long as she gives up the pvssy, that's all that matters, dawg").

Aside from that, I see "Be Yourself" as meaning being relaxed and confident enough to show your natural wit, charm, and personality around women. Because there was a time when I would freeze up around beautiful women. I could be very funny and witty around the guys, and around the ugly girls. But when the real beauties came around, I'd clam up, I'd freeze. It took practice for me to learn to be relaxed around the hotties and show my real personality.