BASICS: For those who are frustrated with the game

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guide is intended for people who are struggling in the seduction game and who have made limited progress despite being in the community for a long time, or anyone who has been called "weird" in the last year; even if you think this isn't you, you may want to read on.

Over the past few months, I stopped going to sosuave or ASF or any other seduction sites. I simply got burnt out on the information overload and decided to focus on other areas of my life.

It was surprisingly easy.

During this time, something strange happened... I stopped pre-meditating my social interactions.

No longer was I walking up to a "HB" with a seduction gameplan in my head. I just chilled out and totally didn't care about the outcome of anything.

Part of the reason for this is because I made a deal with myself that I would abstain from trying to get girls for 3 months while I undergo IPL (intense pulsed light, like laser but not as abrasive) treatments for rosacea (a skin condition that causes the cheeks to flare red). Here a the link if you wish to understand the condition better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosacea

I concluded that a big cause of my social unease was that I had rosacea, and my self-consciousness about it sabotaged my ability to be in the PRESENT and aware of the EXTERNAL world of people. It hit me that any attempts I made to get girls would be sabotaged by self-doubt about my rosacea. So instead of letting that doubt permeate through my interactions with girls, I decided to not consciously push ANY interactions with girls, since the doubt would inevitably affect them. In effect, my expectations were lowered to nothing, because I knew that in 3 months the rosacea would be effectively treated and the self-consciousness about it would be erased.

I got my first full-time job to help pay off the expensive treatments.

On the first day of work, something happened that completely re-adjusted my perspective of social interaction.

As I was sitting in the lobby waiting for someone to come show me where I needed to go, a lovely girl (8) sat down in the chair next to me, even though every seat in the lobby was open except for the one I was sitting in.

Then she opened me and asked me if it was my first day. I told her it was. We made some small talk.

I wasn't interested in ****ing her though, since I made a promise to myself that I basically wouldn't make any efforts to have sex for three months.

Well, what happened was that I barely paid attention to her... just enough to be POLITE, but I did not go out of my way to carry the conversation or make it intensely interesting or different.

I expected her to think that I was boring or didn't like her. Instead, she kept asking me questions about myself. Rapport questions. This kind of charmed me, since I expected a 100% different reaction. So I opened up a little more and OCCASIONALLY made eye contact with her. Most of the time, I was looking off into the distance, idly watching a TV monitor whlie I talked to her, but when I wanted to stress something or when she said something that caught my attention, I would turn to her.

The tour guide woman showed up, and since it was both my and the girl's first day at work, she gave both of us the tour, which lasted around 6 hours, from getting the rules explained to us to setting up our accounts and getting our name-tags made.

Interestingly, I noticed that the girl would laugh at anything remotely funny I said and would study my face to get my reaction to things the tour guide said.

I literally noticed her staring at me in the elevator, while my BL was turned away from her since I REALLY was not interested because of the pact I made to myself.

She whipped her hair into my face a few times... when the tour guide was showing us one of the better views from an upper story of the building, I stood behind the girl and I noticed her eyes piercing my chest, like she was having sexual thoughts about me taking her from behind. Not exaggerating. She could have moved out of the way to let me get a better view, but she stayed there.

She also created a kind of "our world" frame when one of the other new workers on the tour, a young-looking 16 year old girl, wanted her photo-ID picture taken again because she didn't think it was good. The HB and I had already gotten our pics taken and we were both sitting on the side. When the younger girl wanted her photo taken again, HB looked at me and smiled and laughed quietly like "Aw, shes insecure haha." I returned a smirk and nodded.

In the end, I didn't escalate, partly because the end of the tour separated us onto different floors of the building and partly because this was a learning experience that I did not want to interrupt.

This girl was clearly into me from her subcommunication, yet I did NOTHING to try to win her over or entertain her. I made idle small-talk, shared my opinions on some things that sparked my interest, talked about common bull****... for example, she mentioned that she doesn't like fast food. And I said something like "Yeah, I avoid it too, but sometimes it's all you can get when you're driving around at 4 in the morning and you can hear your stomach over the stereo."

And she was like "yeah, haha."

GUYS, it doesn't take much to intrigue a girl! LOL. This is how NORMAL people talk. Idle topics that we analytical thinkers are bored to sh!t with. They enjoy i t.

Likewise, I met a black guy a couple weeks ago. The old me would have tried to make the conversation interesting and end up looking like a try-hard and coming off weird. What did I do this time? "Hey man, what college you go to?"

And he answered in turn. Small talk. It happens. It is what normal people do. People who are COOL and subsequently NOT weird don't feel a need to impress strangers and get their approval. And this goes for ALL the different types of relationships.

Whenever people remotely sense that you are trying to get their approval, it makes them lose respect for you. And you can give yourself away in so many ways. Maybe you provided too detailed of an answer to a question the person asked. Maybe you got too logical and hence put FUN (the golden cow) in second place? Maybe you ruined the vibe because you tried to ONE-UP some guy's story.

Sh!t like "Oh man, yeah that's pretty cool but GET THIS." That sh!t is lame!! CHILL OUT. Positive emotions win the day, not a need to be RIGHT or DIFFERENT. COMFORT. You ain't gonna create comfort by coming off like a try-hard. If you TRY HARD, then (in everyone else's view) you obviously are not succeeding, because other people DON'T TRY AT ALL (like me and the girl) and still get the same thing everyone is shooting for, which is of course acceptance, specifically peer acceptance.

People who don't try to get peer acceptance and who are non-judgmental are people who are COOL.

This message of this post intersects with Tyler Durden's "25 Points" and a few other posts of his. I'm a bit disappointed that I had to learn the meat of his message the hard and slow way instead of being able to simply internalize it by reading alone. In the end, I realize what he has said in those posts to be true according to my experiences, but ironically when I used to try to pull off some of his "high-octane" approaches, I indeed looked like a try hard. It is only when I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't have sex for a few months that I STOPPED sarging and actually got approached and got attraction from doing nothing... well maybe not nothing... it was a pretty tried and true "indirect approach" to the situation since I literally was not interested on more than a transient level of "oh she's hot."

Interestingly, I had similar experiences of spotting attraction out of nowhere when a pua "guru" told me a few months back to just get comfortable talking around girls and to not even think about sex with them for a few weeks. A few weeks without trying to escalate to sex! Damn! That was too hard for me! But I did it for a day and it really astonished me. Instead of carrying the plan through to completion, I instead got excited by the results and went back to sarging instead of learning the lesson.

Anyways, I hope you guys got something out of this post.

If nothing else, I want everyone whose progress is stymied to talk to girls for a a few weeks WITHOUT the intent of sex. You need to get comfortable talking to people in general and having people see you as cool. Learn that truly being yourself without barriers is what is genuine and what people respect. Trying too hard, putting up shields to disguise who you are, and a myriad of other things in the same vein will cause people to see you as socially awkward and NOT cool.

He who cares the least wins. Actually, I should say that he who APPEARS to care the least wins, but in my experience I couldn't adequately APPEAR to not care or even conceptualize WHAT it was to not care until I genuinely didn't. So it was amazingly beneficial to me to coincidentally force myself to let go of the outcome.

Cheers.

-Duke

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
He who cares the least wins. Actually, I should say that he who APPEARS to care the least wins, but in my experience I couldn't adequately APPEAR to not care or even conceptualize WHAT it was to not care until I genuinely didn't. So it was amazingly beneficial to me to coincidentally force myself to let go of the outcome.
I like this.

"He who cares the least wins".. inspiring.

Good job mate.

gixxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post, bro. Thanks!

gixx

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely understand. I keep trying not to give a sh1t, but it just isn't working. Maybe I need to focus on something else in my life for a while.

Bond Juan

Reaction score
Thanks man, this is a great post. It just seems like you got to keep it simple really and everything will work out well. Not trying to over analize everything.

skyjcky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post man.. I really do hate people who try too hard, throws everything off. I'm gonna go ahead and try that talk w/o thought of sex for the new few weeks, see how that works out.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious?

"He who cares least wins.." oh really, so Michael Jordan didnt want to win all those championships, is that right?

You should never apply this to anything competitive becuase it will turn you into a loser. Hell yeah care about winning, that is a part of being a man,

Now, women. Honestly, if you pulled this sh1t with girls i know, you would be labeled as "boring" and dropped right off. The girl had to like you physically, that is the only reason she got interested in the first place. Your "not caring" didnt do all that much. Of course you shouldnt be all over her, but trust me, being GOOD with talking with girls blows "not caring" out of the water.

Reiki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Extremely good Duke, just let it 'flow', same thing I do with everything in my life.

I agree with oxide, its a good quote that applies very well to women and probably some other things, but not to career/competitions.

Again, inspiring article, keep posting more of the same.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
Are you serious?

"He who cares least wins.." oh really, so Michael Jordan didnt want to win all those championships, is that right?

You should never apply this to anything competitive becuase it will turn you into a loser. Hell yeah care about winning, that is a part of being a man,

Now, women. Honestly, if you pulled this sh1t with girls i know, you would be labeled as "boring" and dropped right off. The girl had to like you physically, that is the only reason she got interested in the first place. Your "not caring" didnt do all that much. Of course you shouldnt be all over her, but trust me, being GOOD with talking with girls blows "not caring" out of the water.
Oxide, I think you misunderstood me.

I called the post "BASICS" for a reason. If a person already has a good sex life, and if most people he comes into contact with immediately thinks he is cool, then this post does not apply.

Most people who have trouble with hand-gun accuracy at firing ranges are trying too hard. You can tell the person, "Just hold your hands steady!" but it will not work. Their hands will continue to tremble as they prepare to squeeze the trigger.

But then give the person a gun with no bullets. Tell the person that the gun has no bullets and to just practice AIMING at the target, but don't shoot.

What you will find 99% of the time is that the person's hands will amazingly stop trembling.

Of course, Michael Jordan wanted to win championships. Of course a gunman wants to hit his target. Of course guys want to have sex with girls.

But did Michael Jordan go from a guy who got rejected from his high-school basketball team to the all-time best NBA player miraculously?

Did the gunman fire enough bullets and eventually "just get it" ?

No, Michael Jordan spent countless hours OFF the court just practicing the fundamentals of making a hoop. When he was relaxed, he performed better. He didn't worry about fancy moves and dunks until his fundamental skills were up to par.

The gunman had to believe that there were no bullets in the gun. He did not try long-range shots or timed competitions before he could hit a big target at 25 meters.

Most men when starting out with seduction will only hurt themselves trying to "make the conversation interesting" from the get-go. As the gunman's hand trembled, so will the man's tongue be paralyzed in front of an attractive woman.

What helped me was to "unload my gun" by making a pact with myself that I would not fvck any girls for a certain length of time. Suddenly I started making my shots count. I began improving.

You took my "do not care" statement out of context. Should a guy care about his mother? Certainly. Should a guy care about his career success? Yeah.

Should a guy let someone who hasn't earned his trust control the ups and downs of his self-esteem? NO. Yet this is what most guys do... they give their power away through trying too hard to impress and through being overly affected by other people. And when women or anyone senses this, their respect for you drops to zero, because it shows that you are NOT internally centered! You are a yo-yo on the fingers of strangers.

So Oxide, take a guy fresh out of high-school whom has never been on a date, and tell him to go approach a goodlooking girl and have an excellent conversation.

More than likely he will cough up a lung when his eyes meet the girls' (if they ever do).

Take that same guy and tell him "You can't have sex for 5 weeks."

You won't even have to TELL HIM to talk to girls, because he will do it without you saying so, simply because he doesn't care about the outcome anymore.

Gradually (probably pretty fast, actually), the guy will understand, "Wow, girls are just normal people... wow." And then he is free to polish off his conversational skills.

What you will find is that Michael Jordan did not TRY to win all his games. He was RELAXED and had practiced so much with an "unloaded gun" that firing a loaded gun under pressure was easy. No trying necessary.

Originally posted by Oxide
My "not caring" didn't do anything, eh? How about allowing my mind to relax and focus on the moment. How about being able to send the message to the girl that I don't need her. If you don't think those things are important, then you are beyond help.

Did my looking like a NORMAL, APPROACHABLE guy her age help? Yes. So did her self-confidence. She probably would not have approached an OLD man or a guy who looked depressed or morbidly obese. I really don't know. I am not saying that lounging around in the vicinity of girls with no intentions will cause them to flock to you. But if they happen to start talking to you or if you APPROACH them and you have no intentions, then the mindset formlessness will prove beneficial in freeing your mind.

To EVERYONE ELSE, thank you! I wish ya'll the best of luck, even though you won't need it because hey, girls are only people. You're not diffusing a bomb, as you will see if you make a deal with yourself that you won't be intimate with them for a while.

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That was one instance. The girl obviously was intrigued by your physical appearance, and decided she liked you hence she sat next to you and opened you. So you didn't have to do much after that, she wanted you and your disinterest made her wonder why you weren't reciprocating and she had to have you even more. But this only works when the girl already wants you.

"He who cares the least wins"? What? No. I think what you're trying to say is "whoever cares about the relationship the most loses"... this can't be applied to anything else.. if it did, apathetic people would rule the world.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man,

I just addressed everything you said in the post above yours. Yes, when I said "He who cares the least wins" I meant it in the context of interpersonal relationships, taking into account the balance of power.

Basically, it is best to have people dependent on you and not the reverse.

I already said don't just plop yourself in the middle of girls and expect anything. My case was indeed a little outside the norm with the girl approaching, but it helped me to see that it doesn't take me dancing on my head to get a girl's interest or BE interesting. I could have very well killed her interest by overcompensating or doing something lame, but my pact saved me from that. I do not see why the focus of you and Oxide is on her approach. The approach is not important. What is important in my eyes is the fact that I didn't do backflips or *try* to be interesting, yet I had more success than when I have *tried* to be entertaining or interesting... the meat of my post was extropolating on WHY this happened and why it isn't as strange as it may seem.

Did you even read any posts beyond my initial post? Oxide said basically the same thing as you.

Read the gunman example for a better explanation of what I meant by trying too hard being a bad thing.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry duke, i get you.

Honestly, you're right. I am in a bad situation right now, all of the girls I am in contact with are no good, so I won't be getting any action for a little while. It has been getting me down lately, and your advice to not worry about sex is really what I ought to be doing. There is no reason to have a bad day just because I don't have a girl.

Jeez, I should have figured this out a while ago.

Charm Artist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post duke, i fully agree with you. To make things clear, when we first meet and talk to a beautiful woman, 97% of the time our goal is to have sex with them. What he's saying is, subtract the goal of sex, now what do you have? You have just a woman to talk to, you're not worrying whether or not you're making the right moves. You're not trying to impress her, you're talkin to her just as you were talkin to a close friend of yours that was a female but keeping a distance. You're like a liquid, you can move freely without any worries or cares in the world. Cause really though, why care if a woman isn't interested? You only care if you're insecure and question your own confidence.

Eliminate the thought of sex, conquer the mind before you conquer the body. Things will seem natural to the woman, like destiny is slowly falling into place. Seductive because it will seem like fate is calling the shots.

-Charm Artist

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Eee Zee
Don't worry duke, i get you.

Honestly, you're right. I am in a bad situation right now, all of the girls I am in contact with are no good, so I won't be getting any action for a little while. It has been getting me down lately, and your advice to not worry about sex is really what I ought to be doing. There is no reason to have a bad day just because I don't have a girl.

Jeez, I should have figured this out a while ago.
No doubt that it's no reason to have a bad day. IMO most girls aren't worth feeling bad about anyway.

Originally posted by Charm Artist
Great post duke, i fully agree with you. To make things clear, when we first meet and talk to a beautiful woman, 97% of the time our goal is to have sex with them. What he's saying is, subtract the goal of sex, now what do you have? You have just a woman to talk to, you're not worrying whether or not you're making the right moves. You're not trying to impress her, you're talkin to her just as you were talkin to a close friend of yours that was a female but keeping a distance. You're like a liquid, you can move freely without any worries or cares in the world. Cause really though, why care if a woman isn't interested? You only care if you're insecure and question your own confidence.

Eliminate the thought of sex, conquer the mind before you conquer the body. Things will seem natural to the woman, like destiny is slowly falling into place. Seductive because it will seem like fate is calling the shots.

-Charm Artist
Exactly man, exactly. You summed it up very, VERY nicely.

Trojan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

People who don't try to get peer acceptance and who are non-judgmental are people who are COOL.
This is key for anyone who is socially inept or insecure. When I would try to make people laugh and have fun, it worked some of the times, but others I looked like an azz. You'll notice that if you take Duke's advice and dont "try" to impress people and you just talk regular and speak your mind, people will laugh sometimes when your not even trying to be funny or kool. Very good point.