Ask Me Anything

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a hot girl who you are regularly making love to and apologizing to you despite the fact you have no money and live with mom and dad?
This happened again last night, by the way, thought you might like to know.

On a serious note, why haven't you moved out from your parents house? Have they told you anything?

I don't know how yo do it honestly, but I couldn't wait to get my first job after graduation to move thr fvck out of my parents house and live by my own rules.
Well, that's kinda what I did initially. I worked at a mortgage lender for a year after being referred by a fraternity brother who was working there already. Really nice office, good starting pay, and a lot of young guys making good money after spending some time there.

Very quickly learned it was a churn & burn kinda thing; within the first year, more than 2/3 of my new hire class had been laid off. Ironically, I was one of the lucky few because myself and this other guy were kept on board in a different department after narrowly failing our licensing exam, but were retained because we had done well on every other part of the education process and were generally well-liked.

I ended up quitting that job after a year because my lease was up for renewal and I wasn't confident I could stay on board with this company another year.

So that's when I ended up moving back home. Since then I had worked a part-time job while I pursued other things like modeling/acting, Facebook advertising for local businesses, dropshipping, etc. I had only somewhat recently started working full-time at my job since I need the money, but I'm still here because I want to be able to move out and STAY OUT this time.

My brother recently got fired from his job in New York, so he's currently unemployed, my sister basically disowned our family last year (she has her own mental issues), and neither of my parents are able to retire right now - unfortunately, I am now the highest earner in my immediate family - which isn't great, obviously. So I'm trying to figure it out. There's nobody that we know personally that's making a LOT of money, so mentorship isn't a thing, leading me to seek it out elsewhere online and through some paid communities. Everything I see when I look at people who make a lot of money advises starting and growing a business that's yours, rather than trying to get rich as an employee for someone else, so I'm working on that.

As far as living at home goes; my mom is a gem and just loves having me nearby, she herself lived at home with her parents for quite some time, although that was a different generation. She's always had faith in all her kids; she knows I hate my situation and believes I'll make it, and that it's just a matter of time. My dad doesn't love it but he doesn't give me too much s*** about it. Sometimes he gives me some passive aggressive half-jokes, but I think he realizes that I'm not happy about the situation I'm in either.

Last edited:

hellonwheels

Don Juan
Reaction score

Well, that's kinda what I did initially. I worked at a mortgage lender for a year after being referred by a fraternity brother who was working there already. Really nice office, good starting pay, and a lot of young guys making good money after spending some time there.

Very quickly learned it was a churn & burn kinda thing; within the first year, more than 2/3 of my new hire class had been laid off. Ironically, I was one of the lucky few because myself this other guy were kept on board in a different department after narrowly failing our licensing exam, but were retained because we had done well on every other part of the education process and were generally well-liked.

I ended up quitting that job after a year because my lease was up for renewal and I wasn't confident I could stay on board with this company another year.

So that's when I ended up moving back home. Since then I had worked a part-time job while I pursued other things like modeling/acting, Facebook advertising for local businesses, dropshipping, etc. I had only somewhat recently started working full-time at my job since I need the money, but I'm still here because I want to be able to move out and STAY OUT this time.

My brother recently got fired from his job in New York, so he's currently unemployed, my sister basically disowned our family last year (she has her own mental issues), and neither of my parents are able to retire right now - unfortunately, I am now the highest earner in my immediate family - which isn't great, obviously. So I'm trying to figure it out. There's nobody that we know personally that's making a LOT of money, so mentorship isn't a thing, leading me to seek it out elsewhere online and through some paid communities. Everything I see when I look at people who make a lot of money advises starting and growing a business that's yours, rather than trying to get rich as an employee for someone else, so I'm working on that.

As far as living at home goes; my mom is a gem and just loves having me nearby, she herself lived at home with her parents for quite some time, although that was a different generation. She's always had faith in all her kids; she knows I hate my situation and believes I'll make it, and that it's just a matter of time. My dad doesn't love it but he doesn't give me too much s*** about it. Sometimes he gives me some passive aggressive half-jokes, but I think he realizes that I'm not happy about the situation I'm in either.
Man I’d rather live in a dump than with my parents, just the sheer principal of it would make me feel like a loser and effect every other part of my life.

It can make sense if short term and saving for a house or whatever. But after 18, it’s time to grow up and take care of yourself. Everything about your posts shows you’ve accepted the situation too long, or fear is holding you back.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I’d rather live in a dump than with my parents, just the sheer principal of it would make me feel like a loser and effect every other part of my life.

It can make sense if short term and saving for a house or whatever. But after 18, it’s time to grow up and take care of yourself. Everything about your posts shows you’ve accepted the situation too long, or fear is holding you back.
I would say my fear is that I move out and can't afford to stay out again.

I'm happy with almost all other aspects of my life, aside from where I am financially.

Reaction score
I'll admit, I'm a little tipsy because I've got my brother visiting and he decided it would be fun to buy a bottle of wine and Tito's to sip this random Tuesday night.

That being said, I figure this might be a good way for some of the newer guys to ask questions they might have about self-improvement and picking up girls. Not so much a "what do I do in THIS situation", but rather a "what do I do in THESE situations" kinda thing. Maybe I'll have some good replies to offer up while I'm here sipping/while I'm at work tomorrow during some quiet time.

Just so you know whom you're asking these questions:

I'm 30, I live with my parents in Delaware. I'm white, 6ft tall, about 205 lbs, ripped and natural (no gear), and I've slept with 93 women if I've kept count properly. I would consider myself quite good-looking, probably around a high 7 or low 8 on a scale of 1-10, depending on whether I'm being compared to guys in my area or guys in places like LA. However, I've only been in committed relationships with 3 of those women, so admittedly I'm not the best at answering relationship/marriage questions. I'm also probably not the best person to ask for financial advice, considering I'm still figuring it out for myself while living at home in this crappy little state.

This is mostly aimed at the new guys and lurkers, but anybody feel free to chime in and I'll do my best to give you an accurate answer, even if it doesn't paint me in the best light.
"you gotta break some eggs to make an omellete. im sure i creeped out tons of girls over the years".

That was a powerful quote or statement I heard from another guy, a dating coach, who gives advice to men, it's in regards to men getting better at just approaching or interacting with women. I just want to be sure I interpret it or have the right mindset and that is, men even have to risk getting labeled creepy or just even screw up and mess up interactions, that results in getting negative reactions from women as in the woman is uncomfortable from the man's presence, makes her feel uncomfortable As in its part of the journey of getting better, do I have the right mindset or not?

"It's the learning process. EVERY guy goes through that. Every GIRL goes through similar things, where she reacted in some awkward way to a guy, shooed away a guy she regrets shooing away and now assumes probably hates her, etc., etc. The way you deal with it is by continuing to improve socially, so you can be SMOOTH instead of awkward. This is what everyone does, men and women alike. It is part of the GROWING UP PROCESS."

so is making mistakes socially with women, as in, getting labeled or perceived as creepy or weird when approaching, messing up interactions in which the woman was uncomfortable, is that part of the process of getting better? was the ever the case for you or guys you knew? Do i have the right mindset, right perspective or not?

Was that ever the case for you with approaching women?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"you gotta break some eggs to make an omellete. im sure i creeped out tons of girls over the years".

That was a powerful quote or statement I heard from another guy, a dating coach, who gives advice to men, it's in regards to men getting better at just approaching or interacting with women. I just want to be sure I interpret it or have the right mindset and that is, men even have to risk getting labeled creepy or just even screw up and mess up interactions, that results in getting negative reactions from women as in the woman is uncomfortable from the man's presence, makes her feel uncomfortable As in its part of the journey of getting better, do I have the right mindset or not?

"It's the learning process. EVERY guy goes through that. Every GIRL goes through similar things, where she reacted in some awkward way to a guy, shooed away a guy she regrets shooing away and now assumes probably hates her, etc., etc. The way you deal with it is by continuing to improve socially, so you can be SMOOTH instead of awkward. This is what everyone does, men and women alike. It is part of the GROWING UP PROCESS."

so is making mistakes socially with women, as in, getting labeled or perceived as creepy or weird when approaching, messing up interactions in which the woman was uncomfortable, is that part of the process of getting better? was the ever the case for you or guys you knew? Do i have the right mindset, right perspective or not?

Was that ever the case for you with approaching women?
Short answer, yes.

If you've never approached women before, you shouldn't expect to be good at it. Your first time in the gym you won't know how all the machines work. Your first time driving a car you won't know what every button on the dashboard does. This is no different.

Have I done or said some absolutely cringeworthy sh** in the pursuit of women? You best believe it. But that's part of the process because I believe the best way to get good at something is to do it so many times that it becomes unreasonable for you to be bad at it.

The first time you approach a woman?

You're nervous, maybe you're sweating a little bit. You're trying to remember your line while speaking slowly enough that you're not stammering or rushing. You're focusing so much on trying to look for "IOIs", "kinoing properly" or "remembering to neg" so much that you're not even listening to the conversation. You can't make direct eye contact for too long, or maybe you're focusing so much on making eye contact that you're forgetting everything else, you fill awkward silences with "umm"s or try to come up with random open-ended questions because you read somewhere not to ask her things that she can only answer "yes" or "no" with.

The 1000th time approaching a woman?

You're relaxed, maybe you're enjoying your night out and just want to see how things might go with this person. You don't have to try and remember lines because you don't use them; you're naturally witty, funny, and can keep a conversation going without feeling like you have to force it. You can look her in the eyes, smile, flirt, and you're not mentally checking off boxes because you've done this enough times that you assume her interest unless she's shown you she's not - which is, again, something you'll know in the first couple of seconds just by going up to her.

These are things you will learn by doing, not reading about. When I got started I read a bunch of material on here, asked for advice, and had people "mentor" me who were nowhere near qualified. But I didn't really make progress until I started going out and just making mistakes.

As far as not being labeled a creep?

It is well documented in my journal that I did NOT start approaching these girls in my immediate area - specifically because if/when I f***ed up, I didn't want that reputation attached to me. I live in a small area, and being known as "the guy who hits on every girl" isn't a great thing when you're known for doing so unsuccessfully. I started out on the boardwalk at our family timeshare, or at the local mall.

So in that aspect, yeah you're probably gonna have some girls think you're creepy, which is expected since you don't know what you're doing. And for that reason I fully endorse going a little out of your way so you're not running into the same people and developing a bad reputation while you're in your learning phase.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I lost my virginity when I was 17, a couple of months from 18, so we can round that to 12 years. 93/12=7.75 so just under 8 new women per year.
OK so for last 12 years, you've slept with a new women every 1.5 months. That's impressive, guys on here can't sleep with a new woman every 6 months, let alone year.

I don't have "no money", I just don't make much at my job because I started with a part-time job that allowed me the flexibility to work on side ventures such as my acting/modeling pursuits, Facebook advertising for local small business, ERC outreach post-pandemic, and what I'm working on now. I started working full-time and through that job I make just under $47k/year. Nowhere near where I want to be, and not great, but I don't have "no money".
OK. So when you say "acting/modeling pursuits", the game changes . You are not normal looks, you are very good looking. You did say it in OP but when you talk about acting and modeling, its a different ballgame. Plus, you are 6'0. That changes the game alot too.

As far as my character, I say I'm honest because I don't lie, I don't manipulate, I don't gaslight, and I try to avoid toxicity and drama. The more women I'm with the more often I hear stories about how much the average guy sucks; constantly blowing their phones up, being terrible in bed, going through each other's phones, worrying about the other cheating, showing up unannounced, etc. And I'd say I'm blunt and upfront because I'm too lazy to sugarcoat things for other people - some people don't like that about me, but I don't like some people, so it evens out.
Come on bro, don't try to say girls fall in love with you because you "honest" and "don't manipulate". The average guy doesn't lie or manipulate, he's not a jerk, but gets nowhere with the hot girls because of his physical attributes. You are trying to downplay your physical attributes and up play the virtuous stuff. That works with older women, but with younger women, they could care less.

I hear stories about how much the average guy sucks; constantly blowing their phones up, being terrible in bed, going through each other's phones, worrying about the other cheating, showing up unannounced, etc
That is not an average guy. That is a lunatic.

Average guy is under 6'0, normal job, normal looks, regular clothes, regular home.

you think that because I'm poor and live at home with my parents that a hot girl I dated for almost a year wouldn't be willing to continue sleeping with me (at her place, obviously) and wouldn't feel remorse for mistreating me in a toxic relationship where she laments that I'm the only guy to break up with her?
You are poor, do not have a place of your own, and a hot girl is crying because she is mistreating you, and you are the only guy who has broken up with her?

OK, so either you are giving her the best sex in the Western World, or the girl is really really young. And she can't be that young because she has a place of her own. It's illogical to think a 25+ year old woman with her own job and own place would be crying that a guy with no job, no money, and no place of his own broke up with her. What would she be missing? You cant' buy her anything, you can't drive her anywhere, you can't go anywhere with her. So its got to be the sex. Which, if it is, its strange in itself, because any hot girl under 30 could get any guy she wants if she snaps her fingers.

Like I've said before, I do not care whether you believe me. I gain absolutely nothing from it. I'm just here offering to help guys who have the goal of being where I'm at with women; being able to casually sleep with multiple hot women without having to be in committed relationships with them.
You may be telling truth. It's just a little hard to take when you are 30, have no place of your own and no money. Girls start to wake up around 25-26 ish.

Reaction score
Short answer, yes.

If you've never approached women before, you shouldn't expect to be good at it. Your first time in the gym you won't know how all the machines work. Your first time driving a car you won't know what every button on the dashboard does. This is no different.

Have I done or said some absolutely cringeworthy sh** in the pursuit of women? You best believe it. But that's part of the process because I believe the best way to get good at something is to do it so many times that it becomes unreasonable for you to be bad at it.

The first time you approach a woman?

You're nervous, maybe you're sweating a little bit. You're trying to remember your line while speaking slowly enough that you're not stammering or rushing. You're focusing so much on trying to look for "IOIs", "kinoing properly" or "remembering to neg" so much that you're not even listening to the conversation. You can't make direct eye contact for too long, or maybe you're focusing so much on making eye contact that you're forgetting everything else, you fill awkward silences with "umm"s or try to come up with random open-ended questions because you read somewhere not to ask her things that she can only answer "yes" or "no" with.

The 1000th time approaching a woman?

You're relaxed, maybe you're enjoying your night out and just want to see how things might go with this person. You don't have to try and remember lines because you don't use them; you're naturally witty, funny, and can keep a conversation going without feeling like you have to force it. You can look her in the eyes, smile, flirt, and you're not mentally checking off boxes because you've done this enough times that you assume her interest unless she's shown you she's not - which is, again, something you'll know in the first couple of seconds just by going up to her.

These are things you will learn by doing, not reading about. When I got started I read a bunch of material on here, asked for advice, and had people "mentor" me who were nowhere near qualified. But I didn't really make progress until I started going out and just making mistakes.

As far as not being labeled a creep?

It is well documented in my journal that I did NOT start approaching these girls in my immediate area - specifically because if/when I f***ed up, I didn't want that reputation attached to me. I live in a small area, and being known as "the guy who hits on every girl" isn't a great thing when you're known for doing so unsuccessfully. I started out on the boardwalk at our family timeshare, or at the local mall.

So in that aspect, yeah you're probably gonna have some girls think you're creepy, which is expected since you don't know what you're doing. And for that reason I fully endorse going a little out of your way so you're not running into the same people and developing a bad reputation while you're in your learning phase.
yeah for me its not rejection that hurts, its the way that it happens that has the biggest affect on me, if i feel i have made a woman uncomfortable or if i violated her boundaries, get thrown the C word, it hurts and its embarassing, it makes me and i'm sure tons of other guys in the world, feel very stupid.

Overall, i just want to make sure i have the right mindset, right perspective on this, is the risk of getting labeled or perceived as weird, creepy, messing up interactions that result in women calling me that or viewing me is that, is that just part of the process or journey of getting better, as in, messing up or making mistakes like that is part of the journey of getting better?

to sum it up, you are saying you have been labeled or thought of as creepy or weird for approaching women, or even accidentally made women feel uncomfortable from approaching, and it was part of the journey for you getting better?

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. So when you say "acting/modeling pursuits", the game changes . You are not normal looks, you are very good looking. You did say it in OP but when you talk about acting and modeling, its a different ballgame. Plus, you are 6'0. That changes the game alot too.
I agree, but that's why I made sure to state that I never got any actual work from it. Just as somebody can say they're a "musician", but it carries a very different meaning if they're performing at dive bars vs actually having ticketed shows.

I think I'm quite good-looking, but I wouldn't say I'm a special case.

Come on bro, don't try to say girls fall in love with you because you "honest" and "don't manipulate". The average guy doesn't lie or manipulate, he's not a jerk, but gets nowhere with the hot girls because of his physical attributes. You are trying to downplay your physical attributes and up play the virtuous stuff. That works with older women, but with younger women, they could care less.
I'm not saying my personality does the heavy lifting when it comes to initial attraction, but what I am saying is that I don't try to put on a facade to bed a girl; I don't lie, even if it would be something small that would benefit me, such as lying about my age, and I'm upfront about what I want. Because of this, I'm genuinely me all the time and I think a lot of women find that refreshing, which is why most of my plates are content with the position they're in when they're sleeping with me.

That is not an average guy. That is a lunatic.

Average guy is under 6'0, normal job, normal looks, regular clothes, regular home.
This kind of behavior is normal, the kind of behavior that I put out is not.

A normal guy doesn't get laid much, puts women on a pedestal, tries to buy her attention, isn't comfortable with walking away and giving up sex, and is insecure about who else she might be talking to. I cannot tell you how many stories women will tell me about guys they're talking to/have been talking to being extremely weird.

For example, one weekend I was visiting my ex and it was early in the morning after a night of boozed-up sex. There was a guy who was trying to court her. While in bed on this Friday morning at about 7 AM, there was repeated loud knocking on her bedroom door. Thankfully I had locked it, but this isn't too unusual - my ex is the primary breadwinner of her family and has her brother living in the basement of her home and often lets her sister and her kids stay over in the guest room because that woman and her baby daddy are deadbeats.

Anyway, my ex gets out of bed to check on it, assuming the same things I had mentioned, but thought it was weird how aggressive the banging was...turns out this guy had "let himself in" and decided to show up unannounced to bring her a coffee...he had texted her but she hadn't checked her phone because she was with me, and I forget whether the front door was unlocked or whether he climbed in her open window, but he came all the way upstairs to her bedroom door to try to make this delivery because he thought it would be "cute".

She nipped that in the bud real quick, but this behavior is more common than you'd think.

On Valentine's Day, while we were still dating, this other guy that liked her sent her multiple gifts in the mail, including an all-expenses paid one-week trip to Cancun and put her up in a hotel...obviously she declined, but the lengths the "average man" will go to are crazy.

The fact that I'm generally unbothered, can say no, don't lie, avoid drama, etc are all things that are NOT normal, and for that reason, I think that's what helps me maintain women that on paper would be "out of my league", given my financial situation. The fact that OnlyFan is a career path should be evidence of how much the average man sucks.

You are poor, do not have a place of your own, and a hot girl is crying because she is mistreating you, and you are the only guy who has broken up with her?

OK, so either you are giving her the best sex in the Western World, or the girl is really really young. And she can't be that young because she has a place of her own. It's illogical to think a 25+ year old woman with her own job and own place would be crying that a guy with no job, no money, and no place of his own broke up with her. What would she be missing? You cant' buy her anything, you can't drive her anywhere, you can't go anywhere with her. So its got to be the sex. Which, if it is, its strange in itself, because any hot girl under 30 could get any guy she wants if she snaps her fingers.
You gotta remember that this wasn't just a plate or a one-night stand. This was a relationship where we both loved each other.

This requires a lot of background, but this woman is heavily damaged and has gone through a lot. I can dive deeper if you're curious, there are a few threads I made about her while we were dating, but I don't say that lightly - she has gone through a LOT...She managed to get to a point in her life where she makes very good money, but has a lot of people who are beholden to her and use her; her ex whom she dated on and off before me asked her for a loan to start a construction company (something like $60,000) and never paid her back, her brother and sister quite literally live off her paying their bills, her "friends" went out and partied with her on her own dime, etc.

So I was unique because I didn't care about the money. When we would go out I would try to treat her, even though she made substantially more than me. I never asked her for money or gifts, and I truly loved her - still do, just not in the same way. She never had that, and because she's very attractive and very financially independent she's never really had anybody say "no" to her, until me. I walked away from the relationship because there was too much fighting, which was a first for her. She attended therapy since the breakup, still does, and has grown and matured a lot and realized where her animosity and anger came from, and why she took it out on me. She realizes that, and I wouldn't say she's "crying over me", she acknowledges her role in what pushed me away and apologizes for it.

That said, I will say the sex is amazing, on both ends. So I'm sure that plays a role as well. If you read my reply about fingering, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I know what I'm doing - hell, after 93 women I would EXPECT to be good at this by now...being a good kisser, knowing how to finger, properly eating pu***, different sex positions, etc. I love sex...I get around as much as I do not because I have something to prove, but because I like having sex with a variety of hot women. If I'm fu**ing her I KNOW I'll get off, so I make it my job to get her first.

I'm not here to brag, but I also won't discount that my level of experience likely plays a decent role in retaining these women.

You may be telling truth. It's just a little hard to take when you are 30, have no place of your own and no money. Girls start to wake up around 25-26 ish.
That's understandable. This is the internet, where everybody makes themselves out to be better than they really are.

I'm not out here saying I consistently bang hard 10s, without spending a penny, as an average guy living at home with his parents.

I'm good-looking, I'm muscular, I'm self-confident, and I'm good in bed. But I didn't start out as any of those things, so I'm just here to help those people who have that goal.

I have nothing to gain by lying; I don't give a sh** about my reaction score or messages, I'm not selling coaching, I don't have a course, I'm simply here offering to help people who will actually act on the advice I give.

It's like with the gym; I'll have friends and family come up to me asking what I eat or what my routine is because they want to look like me. I can tell them exactly what I do, but I know what I do is difficult and that 99% of these people won't do what's required. So I'm just putting this all out there for the 1% who might.

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah for me its not rejection that hurts, its the way that it happens that has the biggest affect on me, if i feel i have made a woman uncomfortable or if i violated her boundaries, get thrown the C word, it hurts and its embarassing, it makes me and i'm sure tons of other guys in the world, feel very stupid.

Overall, i just want to make sure i have the right mindset, right perspective on this, is the risk of getting labeled or perceived as weird, creepy, messing up interactions that result in women calling me that or viewing me is that, is that just part of the process or journey of getting better, as in, messing up or making mistakes like that is part of the journey of getting better?

to sum it up, you are saying you have been labeled or thought of as creepy or weird for approaching women, or even accidentally made women feel uncomfortable from approaching, and it was part of the journey for you getting better?
You will suck at this until you don't.

Who cares if a girl you approach thinks you're creepy? Will she matter in 5 minutes after she's walked away? Will you ever see her again? Probably not. The best thing that can happen is you get laid/married. The worst thing that can happen is you get rejected.

Think about it this way: are you willing to go through repeated short-term pains to avoid long-term pain?

The short-term pain is that of a rejection.

The long-term pain is that of settling for a woman you don't love/doesn't love you because she's the "best you could get".

That's up to you.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can mitigate the risks of being creepy or negatively weird, by being less serious about the whole seducing thing.

It's even in a lot of the PUA material that it's important to be fun / engaging / entertaining, but they take it a bit too far. You don't have to act like the class clown. Don't aim for laughter, aim to make them feel good in your company. If you're good company, you don't have to be 'funny' all the time, you just have to know when to keep things 'light'.

Think about it like a massage:
if you massage a woman for your own benefit, you'll be playing mostly with her boobies and maybe pet her crotch, but she won't enjoy it much until you make her feelings your priority. And when you listen to her bio-feedback when you massage her, you will quickly feel where you can go hard and deep, and where she cannot handle that and you need to have a light touch.

So when you make a connection with a woman, you need to make her feelings your priority, but there's a catch. You have to hear what she wants, but give her what she needs. Being a pleaser is not going to please her very much. She has to feel that you're the one who makes her feel good, not because you're one of her masturbation tools.

You can be in control if you make her feel good, but you have to do it on your terms. I enjoy teasing women, because once I trigger the release of all the pent-up tension, not only the sex is better, but she will feel that you understand her on a truly intimate level and that make her emotional investment so much deeper.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Very quickly learned it was a churn & burn kinda thing; within the first year, more than 2/3 of my new hire class had been laid off. Ironically, I was one of the lucky few because myself and this other guy were kept on board in a different department after narrowly failing our licensing exam, but were retained because we had done well on every other part of the education process and were generally well-liked.

Did you study something in college? Why you haven't worked in what you studied?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you study something in college? Why you haven't worked in what you studied?
Yes, so I've been passionate about fitness and health ever since I first started really working out back in the 7th grade. I had it in my head that I would study something in a similar field thinking I would go on to learn physical therapy or work as a personal trainer for athletes.

I thought it would be great to train and help people that had the same passion and drive that I had.

My first 2 years were spent at UNCW where I studied Exercise Science. When I transferred to UD I found that they didn't have that degree - the closest thing similar was Behavioral Health and Nutrition, which is what I then majored in, graduating with a Bachelor's of Science in that field. I also had to play "catch up" because my course credits didn't all transfer since the coursework was different, so I had to take classes during winter and summer session my last 2 years in order to graduate on time.

Quickly had a wake-up call after that.

Started working at my local Anytime Fitness as a personal trainer and quickly became disillusioned by it; people would find excuses to cancel their appointments for the stupidest reasons, and there was almost no demand for personal training there. My sole client was a guy who scheduled with me 2 or 3 times per week, where I would have to wake up at 4:30 to come train him by 5 AM for a quick half hour before he went off to work. And don't get me wrong, I did help him, but after our session I essentially became minimum wage labor helping put away equipment and clean off mirrors...

Right across the street there's a fitness club for the wealthy called Hockessin Athletic Club. Very expensive memberships and the average income of a member there was well into the 6 figures. I interned there for a while and found that almost every personal trainer there worked a second job because they didn't make enough with the clients they had at this location either. Plus, I needed additional certifications despite having a degree in order to even be considered for a position.

Physical Therapy required extra schooling, which I didn't think was the solution, so I worked regular jobs part-time while trying to make something more significant work in my free time (modeling/acting, Facebook advertising, dropshipping, ERC, etc). I spent a year at that mortgage lender where everybody else had a Finance degree, and here I am with essentially a Nutrition degree doing the same job.

From that point I kinda realized that a degree is a good way to get A job, but not THE job. I recently finished reading a book called The Millionaire Fastlane, as a recommendation, and I do believe that the way to get truly wealthy is to be in control of your income by creating something that serves others.

That's what I'm working on now...and I'm considering the fact that maybe I haven't been under enough pressure, since I have a full-time job that pays my bills and have a home I'm living in rent-free, and I'm very much considering quitting my job, moving where I want to be, and spending that time working on what I'm building now.

Reaction score
You will suck at this until you don't.

Who cares if a girl you approach thinks you're creepy? Will she matter in 5 minutes after she's walked away? Will you ever see her again? Probably not. The best thing that can happen is you get laid/married. The worst thing that can happen is you get rejected.

Think about it this way: are you willing to go through repeated short-term pains to avoid long-term pain?

The short-term pain is that of a rejection.

The long-term pain is that of settling for a woman you don't love/doesn't love you because she's the "best you could get".

That's up to you.
yeah very powerful mindset, if a woman does label or think of me as creepy or weird, or if i made her uncomfortable, the pain is much lesser if know i won't run into her again, but if i do run into her again, thats when it is more awkwardly painful and embarassing.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah very powerful mindset, if a woman does label or think of me as creepy or weird, or if i made her uncomfortable, the pain is much lesser if know i won't run into her again, but if i do run into her again, thats when it is more awkwardly painful and embarassing.
My suggestion would simply be to practice somewhere that you won't be running into the same people you see in your day-to-day life, at the risk of ruining your reputation.

Reaction score
My suggestion would simply be to practice somewhere that you won't be running into the same people you see in your day-to-day life, at the risk of ruining your reputation.
yup, i assume you had to practice a lot, and its another reminder on how i view the word practice from a different mindset now.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical Therapy required extra schooling, which I didn't think was the solution
I have been a patient in physical therapy before. For the majority of ailments, it is complete waste of time. It accomplishes nothing.

For orthopedic surgeries, most of the success/failure of the surgery depends upon the competency of the surgeon. Orthopedic MDs far overprescribe physical therapy for administrative reasons and not pure medical reasons.

Most physical therapists are married women. That's amazing considering that all physical therapists get advanced degrees. Women with advanced degrees are usually more career centered and less likely to be good girlfriends/wives. The fact that most physical therapists are married women shows how beta most men are.

@The Duke had the best ever outcome from physical therapy when he had sex with his married female physical therapist.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been a patient in physical therapy before. For the majority of ailments, it is complete waste of time. It accomplishes nothing.

For orthopedic surgeries, most of the success/failure of the surgery depends upon the competency of the surgeon. Orthopedic MDs far overprescribe physical therapy for administrative reasons and not pure medical reasons.

Most physical therapists are married women. That's amazing considering that all physical therapists get advanced degrees. Women with advanced degrees are usually more career centered and less likely to be good girlfriends/wives. The fact that most physical therapists are married women shows how beta most men are.

@The Duke had the best ever outcome from physical therapy when he had sex with his married female physical therapist.
And my insurance paid for stuff they didn't even know they paid for