Anyone here smoking cigarettes

SpazzAttackk

Don Juan
Reaction score
BrownBear said:
What about LSD

Pay no mind to Goundra, hes recycled that 'might as well end your life now' line with me.

Anywho, was a somewhat druggie before until I came to the conclusion on how much of a loser-mentality it was. Codeine, Hydrocodone etc. Never tried LSD though. Ive done DXM a couple times.

That being said, anyone currently taking any form of drug (I dont consider the green stuff a drug btw) should realize how stupid it is.

As for smoking, I indulge once in awhile

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky:

No, it's not. Marijuana causes lung cancer too.
Thank you for making such a spectacularly ignorant statement! It’s breathtakingly amusing in its magnitude!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

http://www.oncologypractice.com/onc...-cancer/73840afd2cca226b9e6a9ddc7cb0d039.html

Click those two links, plus:
Top 10 Cannabis Studies the Government Wished it Had Never Funded

5) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART I): Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice’s lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602. (source on web)

4) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER, (PART II): In a 1994 study the government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC, looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer cancers, “in a dose-dependent manner” (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors). NTP Technical Report On The Toxicology And Carcinogenesis Studies Of 1-Trans- Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CAS No. 1972-08-3, In F344/N Rats And B6C3F Mice, Gavage Studies. See also, “Medical Marijuana: Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer,” AIDS Treatment News no. 263, Jan. 17, 1997. (source on web)

http://libertycrier.com/government/...es-the-government-wished-it-had-never-funded/
Go ahead, prove me wrong.

dialectism
di·a·lec·tic (d -l k t k). n. 1. The art or practice of arriving at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ):
Don't most people spin weed with tobacco?
Some do, indeed, though I'm not sure how prevalent, as many don't. Tobacco synergistically amplifies the high.

faeyt

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard the one-a-day or even two a day won't hurt, especially if you're physically active, cardio being the best. I smoke, have been for about two years (4-5 daily?) and my cousin that smokes swears 1-2 a day won't hurt.
Personally I don't believe it. The crap inside is still going in, and if you're down to one or two a day it'd be best if you quit sooner than later.
In terms of the social aspect, as was said above I've met so many interesting people I wouldn't have while smoking.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my dad smokes and he just don't give a ****. he gave up for like a year when he had a stroke.. now he is on them again. you can walk past his room in the house and it just smells SO bad. it also smells in the lounge room. it's really bad. wish he would stop

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Here, by the way, is just one of those studies proving cannabis use causes cancer:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
New Zealand study: 79 people

Tashkin/UCLA study (no cancer): 2,240 people

The New Zealand study also studied people who were smoking both marijuana and tobacco, so the results are worthless.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways, the vast majority of people who smoke weed, smoke it by mixing it with tobacco. In fact, 98% of them. So your entire argument that most people eat it or whatever is just plain ignorant
Your reading comprehension skills are laughable.
How is cannabis consumed?
Most cannabis herb is smoked, but there are many ways of doing this and each culture where the drug is used seems to produce its own various methods. Perhaps the most popular technique is to make a kind of cigarette (known as a “joint”) using specialty rolling paper or other material (such as scrap paper or the leaves of local plants). In Ireland, for example, 98 per cent of people surveyed who had used cannabis (herbal or resin) in the past month said smoking cannabis cigarettes (“joints”) was one of the ways they consumed cannabis, with the second most popular response being pipes (7 percent).​
Translation: 98 percent of the Irish roll a joint. It doesn't mean joint with marijuana + tobacco.

And let's look at your second link:
In 2005 a review looked at the results of several studies into marijuana use and cancer risk. The researchers looked at 2 cohort studies and 14 case control studies. The case control studies involved many different types of cancer. Results were mixed and the researchers could not make any firm conclusions about the risk of cancer. It was also difficult to draw conclusions because of limitations in the studies. They included small numbers of people, involved too few heavy marijuana users and possibly underreported marijuana use in those countries where it is illegal.​
Too inconclusive.
In 2006 a systematic review looked at marijuana use and lung cancer risk. Although they could not find a significant link between marijuana and cancer, the reviewers reported that smoking marijuana increased tar exposure and caused changes to the lining of the small tubes in the lungs. They recommended that, until we have more definite evidence, doctors should warn people of the possible harmful effects of marijuana smoking. A New Zealand study in 2008 compared people with lung cancer to people who did not have lung cancer and found that regular cannabis use does increase the risk of lung cancer.​
The two studies already covered.
In early 2006 doctors reported on a possible link between cannabis and bladder cancer. Smoking is one of the main causes of bladder cancer. This study looked at men with bladder cancer under the age of 60, who had smoked marijuana, and compared them to men who hadn’t smoked it. The study showed that marijuana may be a possible cause of bladder cancer. But as the study was small, researchers need to investigate further to find out for certain.​
Too small.
A 2009 study showed an increase in risk of testicular cancers in cannabis smokers compared to non cannabis smokers. The researchers say there was still an increase in risk after they accounted for tobacco and alcohol use. But the study was too small to draw any definite conclusions, so we still need more research into this.​
Too inconclusive.
Two American studies found that cannabis seemed unlikely to increase cancer risk. One, in 2006, found that there was an increased risk of cancers of the upper airways and digestive system (for example, the mouth, throat and food pipe). But when they adjusted the data to account for smoking cigarettes and other common risk factors, they found that the link with cannabis disappeared. In their data, it didn't seem to be the cannabis that was increasing the risk, but other factors such as smoking tobacco. They concluded that if cannabis did affect cancer risk, the effect was likely to be small. The other study, in 2009, looked at head and neck cancers. They found that risk of head and neck cancers in smokers and drinkers seemed to be lower in people who smoked cannabis as well. But this is only one study and we would need more research to show whether this was a reliable finding or not.

Finally, there is laboratory research looking at the effect of some chemicals in cannabis smoke on cancer cells. There is evidence that some of these substances can kill prostate cancer, breast cancer and brain tumour cells in the lab. The researchers do point out that using these pure substances in the lab is very different from smoking cannabis. They used far higher concentrations of each substance in their tests than you could get from smoking cannabis.​
So, marijuana reduces cancer.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cancer is all in the mind.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic

More people are using the cannabis plant as modern basic and clinical science reaffirms and extends its medicinal uses. Concomitantly, concern and opposition to smoked medicine has occurred, in part due to the known carcinogenic consequences of smoking tobacco. Are these reactions justified? While chemically very similar, there are fundamental differences in the pharmacological properties between cannabis and tobacco smoke. Cannabis smoke contains cannabinoids whereas tobacco smoke contains nicotine. Available scientific data, that examines the carcinogenic properties of inhaling smoke and its biological consequences, suggests reasons why tobacco smoke, but not cannabis smoke, may result in lung cancer.

...Components of cannabis smoke minimize some carcinogenic pathways whereas tobacco smoke enhances some. Both types of smoke contain carcinogens and particulate matter that promotes inflammatory immune responses that may enhance the carcinogenic effects of the smoke. However, cannabis typically down-regulates immunologically-generated free radical production by promoting a Th2 immune cytokine profile. Furthermore, THC inhibits the enzyme necessary to activate some of the carcinogens found in smoke. In contrast, tobacco smoke increases the likelihood of carcinogenesis by overcoming normal cellular checkpoint protective mechanisms through the activity of respiratory epithelial cell nicotine receptors. Cannabinoid receptors have not been reported in respiratory epithelial cells (in skin they prevent cancer), and hence the DNA damage checkpoint mechanism should remain intact after prolonged cannabis exposure. Furthermore, nicotine promotes tumor angiogenesis whereas cannabis inhibits it. It is possible that as the cannabis-consuming population ages, the long-term consequences of smoking cannabis may become more similar to what is observed with tobacco. However, current knowledge does not suggest that cannabis smoke will have a carcinogenic potential comparable to that resulting from exposure to tobacco smoke.

It should be noted that with the development of vaporizers, that use the respiratory route for the delivery of carcinogen-free cannabis vapors, the carcinogenic potential of smoked cannabis has been largely eliminated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/
I agree it's not best advisable for people to smoke marijuana, but they can vaporize it, eat it, or drink it. And if they do, it's not a big deal.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last month, a Pew Research Center poll found:

The percentage of Americans who say that smoking marijuana is morally wrong also has declined dramatically since 2006. A survey earlier this year found that 32% of Americans say that smoking marijuana is morally wrong, down 18 points since 2006. Over the same period, the percentage saying it is not a moral issue has increased by 15 points (from 35% to 50%).

As with many of the changes in opinions about marijuana and its use, the decline in the percentages who think that smoking marijuana is morally wrong has occurred across most demographic and political groups.

Those in the Silent Generation are more likely than younger people to say that smoking marijuana is morally wrong. But since 2006, the percentage of Silents expressing this view has decreased from 71% to 48%.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/04/04/majority-now-supports-legalizing-marijuana/

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Anyways, the vast majority of people who smoke weed, smoke it by mixing it with tobacco. In fact, 98% of them.
I'm not going to get into the scientific parts of you guys' pissing contest here, but I'm pretty certain the above statement is not true. It actually leads me to believe that bradd80 hasn't been around too many weed smokers at all. I've never seen this before, and let's just say I've been around the block.

If you want to say that most pot smokers also smoke cigarettes, then that's a different issue. But I've never seen anyone mix up weed and tobacco. That's just dumb. This must be what the crackhead thugs do when they roll up fat blunts or some crap. Normal people who know what's up don't smoke that goat ranch crap.

B

BeDJ

When I tried to quit cigarettes, I did e-cigs. I never got the buzz from just nicotine. That goes to show how much chemicals they spray on the tobacco. The purpose of nicotine is addition.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80:
Fantastic! Since you finally agree with me in that smoking cannabis is not a good idea this debate is over.
Brad, you miss the point.

It’s healthier for BrownBear to switch over to weed than to continue smoking cigarettes, which was my original point. Harm reduction
is “a range of public health policies designed to reduce the harmful consequences associated with human behaviors, even if those behaviors are risky or illegal.” Total sobriety is an option, but so is marijuana. It’s his choice.

Vaporizing, eating, or drinking marijuana is a good idea.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your solution to get Brown Bear from smoking cigarettes is to get him to eat marijuana.. how is this a solution?
Health and wellness benefits without carcinogens or toxins.

Look, I don’t care if you disagree with me. I don’t care if you listen to Kevin Sabet. The tides of public opinion are turning as more people educate themselves on the issue, rather than believing the distortions and half truths by the Office of National Drug Control Policy. As the Pew poll shows, the very fiber of people’s senses of morality are rapidly changing, and moral values rarely change. Down the years, down the road, it’s only going to get harder for your ever increasingly isolated viewpoints.

DJ Bax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to ruin your argument but there is a pretty cute new girl at work who I'm trying to get with ( will be quitting the job soon ) but she smokes cigarettes, I don't care about the smell because I occasionally enjoy one. But a friend of mine said it will make her pu55ay smell and taste like 5hit, anyone know if this is true?

BrownBear

Banned
Reaction score
DJ Bax said:
Hey guys sorry to ruin your argument but there is a pretty cute new girl at work who I'm trying to get with ( will be quitting the job soon ) but she smokes cigarettes, I don't care about the smell because I occasionally enjoy one. But a friend of mine said it will make her pu55ay smell and taste like 5hit, anyone know if this is true?
I am pretty sure it will if she smokes by her cvnt :D

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Hey genius, nice of you to join our "little pissing contest," but whether people mix weed with tobacco when they smoke it isn't even the point here.
You used it to back up your argument. It hurts your credibility when you use retarded evidence.

bradd80 said:
We've already established that smoking weed - whether on its own or with tobacco - is harmful and contains cancer causing agents. Just to help your overworked little brain understand, whether I hang out with boatloads of potheads who mix their weed is totally irrelevant to this debate and doesn't change the fact that smoking cannabis isn't good for you, according to published medical reports.
You getting mad, brah?

bradd80 said:
But thanks for giving us your two cents, einstein.
No problem.

Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. Simmer down, boy.

DJ Bax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bradd as a former ent myself I have to say that you are being somewhat outlandish, "the fact that it literally makes you stupid" that just made me lol.