Any thoiughts on this chick?

Early DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have known this chick for about 8 months, recently her boyfriend broke up with her and about a month after that we kinda started dating and it has been about 3 weeks. All we have done so far was made out and cuddled, I went stayed with her over the weekend and she did not even let me sleep in the same bed with her because she said "she knows what its going to lead to". Another thing is that she never calls at all she only texts and only starts to text about 3 out of 10 times with me starting the rest of the times. Also she rarely initiates anything in terms of kissing or anything physical which is fine but a bit weird. Now the thing is that one time a conversation came up when we started dating between her and a friend about her brake up and the way she was responding seemed like she was not over him almost at all and at the moment they are like friends. Basically what I would like you guys to do is give me some pointers or if anybody has been in a similar situation give me some advice.

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you're trying to make her your gf so soon after her breakup?.... you see what she is doing to you, how she is treating you. it's how you should be treating her. you're way more interested in her than she is in you. i suspect she'll dump you for her ex or when the next one comes along. of course it doesnt have to be this way if you play your cards right.

tebow1120

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight I have a few words to say only because I was just in this situation..dude do not try to make this girl your girlfriend so soon..when you do that she will not be interested much longer I had to learn the hard way..now what you need to do is act like your busy and make her follow you..make yourself look like the prize..meet other women.

Hakuna

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't just initiate everything, your going to make everything to easy for her, lose your value, and lower her interest level to the negatives. You have to back off sometimes or withdraw attention especially if she isn't very responsive to the attention that you give her. Don't think about her ex, it'll just make you feel insecure. If she's not over him, then move on, it was her loss.

Romjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
chances are the reason why she isnt initiating anything is because she is still thinking about her ex and probably still fooling around with him. Im kind of in a similar situation where im thinking about my ex and still fooling around with her, yet these other plates im spinning ask me out and wonder why i dont respond to them enough... my reasoning is i dont care about them. im more concerned about my ex that i have these plates to boost my ego and keep me busy.

bottom line is, if i were you i would keep myself distant from this girl till she figures things out with the ex. you will end up being either rebound guy or orbiter for her ego. if you want to raise your value walk away for a month and see how her relationship is then with the ex.

Early DJ said:
Now the thing is that one time a conversation came up when we started dating between her and a friend about her brake up and the way she was responding seemed like she was not over him almost at all and at the moment they are like friends. Basically what I would like you guys to do is give me some pointers or if anybody has been in a similar situation give me some advice.
after reading your post again im more confident about my response. they are not "friends." they are still going through that break up stage where she still feels dependant on him and is probably still having sex with him. she'll be in this stage for about 3-6 months. If you try and chase her during this time you will FOR SURE be ljbf

Early DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are all good points and I am not attached, just testing the waters at the moment, but she does like me from the signs I got from her even from before we started dating. Also I cant really disappear for six months or even a month really since we both know the same people.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Early DJ said:
So I have known this chick for about 8 months, recently her boyfriend broke up with her and about a month after that we kinda started dating and it has been about 3 weeks.
Okay... how in the BLUE HELL do you "kinda start dating".
What does this entail? Do you kinda go out to have drinks and kinda get into the bar and then kinda talk to her? I don't get it.
Either you two are going out or you aren't. There's no KINDA in this.

3 weeks means nothing to me.

How many times have you KINDA gone out? 1, 2, 16? That's the number I need.

All we have done so far was made out and cuddled, I went stayed with her over the weekend and she did not even let me sleep in the same bed with her because she said "she knows what its going to lead to".
So you were a good little puppy and decided to sleep somewhere else?
How's that Friendzone feeling?

At this point, you're not even rebound guy.
The only thing you are doing is providing her with the validation that she can get a guy to fill her an emotional void without any sexual investment. It's been 3 weeks of KINDA dating (whatever the hell that means) and you've gotten absolutely nowhere.

And then she told you not to get into bed with her because it might lead to sex? Isn't that the POINT? If you make out and cuddle, you lead to sex... not to sleeping on the other bed by yourself... I can't believe you just took that.

At that point, I would have left to go sleep in my own bed in my own apartment.

Another thing is that she never calls at all she only texts and only starts to text about 3 out of 10 times with me starting the rest of the times.
How does it feel to be an orbiter?
You are nothing more than that right now. Like I said, you are filling her emotional validation slot that her boyfriend is no longer filling. You are temporary. And the worst part: You're not getting anything in return for it.

Also she rarely initiates anything in terms of kissing or anything physical which is fine but a bit weird.
Newsflash: You're not kinda dating. You're nowhere even close. You're just the guy she kisses when she needs to be kissed. And nothing more.

Now the thing is that one time a conversation came up when we started dating between her and a friend about her brake up and the way she was responding seemed like she was not over him almost at all and at the moment they are like friends. Basically what I would like you guys to do is give me some pointers or if anybody has been in a similar situation give me some advice.
Stop texting her, stop calling her... stop KINDA DATING HER.
You mean absolutely nothing to this girl and that will not change at all.

You are not in the process of LJBF... you were already LJBF-ed when she told you not to sleep in the same bed.

I'm sorry, but it's game over.
It seems like you have zero chance, she already told you that she doesn't want you to sleep in the same bed. It seems like LMR but you didn't plow through it, so it's too late now. She expects nothing more than a compliant lapdog to kiss and cuddle with whenever SHE wants to.

She's holding the entire frame, you're nothing more than a pawn in her chess game.

Stop being a pawn.
Stop seeing her as a potential lay.

So you two are in the same social circles? Fine, keep her as a friend and nothing more.

Save yourself the mental anguish of trying to figure out how to get her, because she already figured out how to keep you at bay.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
The only thing you are doing is providing her with the validation that she can get a guy to fill her an emotional void without any sexual investment.
And the sad thing is that most guys don't even realize it. They're just so happy to finally have a GF (well, in this case, kinda ;)) that they either can't or don't want to see it.

Early DJ, like Kailex said, just keep her as a friend and do not be emotionally involved with her anymore.

Early DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Upon looking into it further and throwing some tests you guys are absolutely right. One question though why does she keep throwing out compliments that have to do with looks and such. Like I went out with a few of our friends last night and she came but I barely gave her any attention and when I left she texted "You looked really nice tonight :)" I just thanked her and that was that

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she doesn't dig you, she's basically fishing for a return compliment and/or free dinner/drinks/entertainment. An AFC would have said "You looked really nice too! Can I buy you dinner next Friday? Please? PRETTY PLEASE!!?? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO OUT WITH ME!!???" (okay those two last ones were exagerated ;)) but you played it absolutely perfect by just thanking her and not complimenting back. Good job!

KingofHearts

Don Juan
Reaction score
ditto what kailex said - if she isn't giving you all of her, then you're not her #1 choice.

Kissing or not, you situation is the definition of being an emotional tampon. Don't take it personal. Just understand that you can and should do better for yourself and get a girl (or several!) that is really into you and doesn't have bf drama

KingofHearts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Early DJ said:
Upon looking into it further and throwing some tests you guys are absolutely right. One question though why does she keep throwing out compliments that have to do with looks and such. Like I went out with a few of our friends last night and she came but I barely gave her any attention and when I left she texted "You looked really nice tonight :)" I just thanked her and that was that
You didn't give her enough attention during the night, so she threw out a compliment to draw you back in. Doesn't mean you didn't look good! Perfect response from you though, just take the compliment and move on.

Early DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats how I usually do things with her and she always pays for her own stuff. Any thoughts on how to go about this, in terms of just tell her off or let things go down slow?

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're the rebound guy, she's using you as validation material.
You got much to learn, but don't worry, you'll get there...

As to how cool things down, just tell her this:
"I don't think this is working out between us"
and keep it with that, in the end, you shouldn't let yourself be used by a woman and you said it in a respectfull way to her that your "relationship" (even though it wasen't even that) has just ended.

Then at least one of you had respect for the other, cause clearly, she has none for you.
(Not that that's a reason to be angry at her, it's their nature)

PS: Don't ever go back with her, cause she'll just end up using you AGAIN...