Any female djs on this site?

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eileen

Face it guys, you can't learn about women chatting up the blokes.

What ?? Well - not ALL "blokes", but you can learn plenty from guys who are good at picking up women. I mean that's like saying you can't learn about fishing from good fishermen - go ask the fish instead what they tend to bite on, right ? Why wouldn't I want to see from another guy's point of view - I mean I am a guy,
I see it from the same perspective as another guy who can teach me a thing or two, you see what I'm saying ?
It's true - there are some women who will admit they don't like nice guys, that they want a challenge, but you don't come across them too often. I've heard a lot of nonsense from women in my life, and no, it's not just because of the so-called "discrepancy" in definitions. I mean some of it was just bad, bad, horrible advice that was rather specific - such as buying flowers/teddie bears on the first date, calling back the next day, you know that kind of crap.. The advice on this site in DJ Bible and other posts is written by men and I truly think I learned from 3 months of being on this site more than I have my entire life before - from being misled by women.

That's not a knock on you specifically, Eileen - for all I know you may have valuable advice to share - but if you do, you're in a very small minority

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your comparison is flawed. Fish are non-thinking creatures that survive on instincts. Women have functioning minds, although we don't always act that way.

Did you not listen to me? I'm in total agreeance that women are not always the best people to ask for advice from. Frankly, when a bloke approaches me and asks how best to chat up my best friend I'm offended. Why her and not me? Women, including myself, can be terribly catty at times.

But, you are not currently asking me how to chat up "the competition." Thus, the information I give you here will not be the misleading type that I might give a bloke who's unknowingly taken a jab at my ego.

Small gifts for a first date? Blimey, that is bad advice. Going for the tele straight away is a tad trickier. If the chemistry is right, it can work. If the girl you're dealing with is a game player and/or getting bad advice it might backfire. That's one that only experience can dictate. However, waiting to long to tele can also be a pit fall.

The point is that rules are there as a guideline. Experience is the best teacher of all. Sometimes breaking the rules will get you further.

D4H

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you guys even listening to her advice anyway, i thought we've all learned by now that the women will tell you one thing, and mean another... they dont know themselves as good as men because what they think they want contradicts what they actually go after... which makes them confused. Since we get to see what they actually do want.. we know them better than they know themselves.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by D4H
Why are you guys even listening to her advice anyway, i thought we've all learned by now that the women will tell you one thing, and mean another... they dont know themselves as good as men because what they think they want contradicts what they actually go after... which makes them confused. Since we get to see what they actually do want.. we know them better than they know themselves.
DW40,

One thing you should memorize is that you cannot lump all women into one category. To assume we are all the same is as ridiculous as assuming all men are the same. It's akin to me stating that all men are AFC's. It's simply a crock of ****e.

(Edited to say: What? We can't say poo here without being edited?)

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eileen - you didn't think I was serious about chatting up the fish, did you ? Of course it's not the best comparison - but you missed the point - why wouldn't I want to talk to the fisherman ?

So I guess, everytime a woman gives me bad advice it's because she's interested in me and is jealous so she wants to see me fail with another woman ?? Wow I never thought of it that way. I guess just about every woman I've ever talked to about the subject wants me - especially all my friends' girlfriends.

I really don't see why a female friend of mine who's unavailable would purposely sabotage my efforts to get with another girl - unless they're all trying to cheat on their BF with me, which is unlikely

One thing you're right about is - Experience is the best teacher of all. And in my personal experience, advice that I got from men helped me a lot more than advice I got from women, that's all

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Golden - it's a bit more difficult to explain than all your girlfriends’ friends want you. It really is. Some might want you. Some might resent that their friend has a bf and they don't and therefore don't give you the best advice (they might not even be aware that's what they are doing). Some might just have their head up their butt. While still others might say what would work for them but that might not work for their friend. Some might misunderstand your question or not know important details ... The list goes on.

Women are strange creatures. I've seen the best of friends backstab the living hell out of each other over men. A girl might sabotage a potential relationship for a friend because she's jealous of the time her friend might spend with the bloke. It's sounds silly and trivial to most men, but there are women who do think like that. I'm not saying they all do, but they do exist.

Those kinds of games are one of the many reasons women sometimes choose to have male friends. Men aren't as catty and unpredictable.

And I didn't take you seriously about the fish. I was just taking a jab at bad logic.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eileen - you still have not answered my question - why wouldn't I be able to get good advice about women from men who are good at getting women ? That's OK, you don't have to answer it

I see, we're basically in agreement now that we've established lots of women give bad advice for whatever reason

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Golden Arms
Eileen - you still have not answered my question - why wouldn't I be able to get good advice about women from men who are good at getting women ? That's OK, you don't have to answer it
Show me proof that these men are good at getting women?

(Perhaps it's just me, but many of the people here seem to be complaining that they aren't getting women yet they pan out advice on getting the women they can't get. One of the few that seems to be good at it, keeps defending me. Go figure.)

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

(Perhaps it's just me, but many of the people here seem to be complaining that they aren't getting women yet they pan out advice on getting the women they can't get. One of the few that seems to be good at it, keeps defending me. Go figure.)
What proof ?? That's like me asking you for proof that you're a woman. Forget about this site for a second,I'm just talking about guys who are good at it in general. I told you you didn't have to answer the question, now you're trying to dance around it.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What proof ?? That's like me asking you for proof that you're a woman. Forget about this site for a second,I'm just talking about guys who are good at it in general. I told you you didn't have to answer the question, now you're trying to dance around it.
Good point. I could very well be a 72-year-old fat man with constipation or worse.

Honest, I’m not dancing on purpose. It’s just very hard to explain to a brick that going to the source for information is preferable. Either you believe it or you do not. Not to worry, I don’t mind if you don’t take my advice. That will save me from later having to tell one of the girls how to handle dating a brick.

D4H

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the few that seems to be good at it, keeps defending me. Go figure.)
I forgot what term this is... damn and i just took my psychology exam the other day. Its when people try to take the positive things and use that to prove their point, and totally disregard everything else.

What im saying is, how do you know that he's good at it and that others arent? You dont. The reason you are saying that he seems to be good at it is because he's agreeing with you.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by D4H
What im saying is, how do you know that he's good at it and that others arent? You dont. The reason you are saying that he seems to be good at it is because he's agreeing with you.
Actually, he said so. I took him on his word.

Go find your book. Maybe you can think of a good name to call me then.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

People easily find things they are looking for usually. Make an effort to see things beyond your inherent perceptions and you may be surprised.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I purposely did not say "everybody here...”

I've seen some good insight. What frightens me is how literal SOME of the people take information available to them and how easily they discount information simply because it comes from one gender or another.

Carry on! I did not blanket you with my statement.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
What frightens me is how literal SOME of the people take information available to them and how easily they discount information simply because it comes from one gender or another.

oh jesus WHY do you keep playing that tired card, its NOT because your a woman its because youve replied to about what? 40 posts in 2 days and your still speaking a load of sh!t and still giving misiniformed , cookie cutter advice............is this sinking in?

there are LOADS of intelligent woman who have posted here and occasionally still do, YOUR not one of them, trust me sweetcheeks its not an attack on woman its attack on the rubbish YOUVE been spewing................what about now? slowly understanding?

hell if you dont believe me i can name the down to earth ,smart woman who post here if you are STILL going to play the "oh its because im a woman" card, trust me THATS NOT IT, its you speaking out your arse thats the problem.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point. I could very well be a 72-year-old fat man with constipation or worse.

Honest, I’m not dancing on purpose. It’s just very hard to explain to a brick that going to the source for information is preferable. Either you believe it or you do not. Not to worry, I don’t mind if you don’t take my advice. That will save me from later having to tell one of the girls how to handle dating a brick.
brick ? niiiice one !!

and you still have not answered my question - cause you know you're wrong

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
brick ? niiiice one !!

and you still have not answered my question - cause you know you're wrong
Golden it's basic logic. Women know what makes women tick. Very few men do. The ones that do rarely have any troubles with women.

The amount of dating a man does is not an indicator of how knowledgeable he is about women. You can catch lots of fish but you're at a loss if you don't know what to do with them after you've caught them.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Golden it's basic logic. Women know what makes women tick. Very few men do. The ones that do rarely have any troubles with women.

The amount of dating a man does is not an indicator of how knowledgeable he is about women. You can catch lots of fish but you're at a loss if you don't know what to do with them after you've caught them.

Umm...who says I want to do anything after I catch them - I just throw them back in the pond. And this really applies to fish as well as women

Maybe you're talking about relationship advice. I just thought it was about getting laid :p Very well then, we can agree to disagree

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anybody else hear that British girl from Fraziers voice when they read Eileens contributions?

Eileen is too cute. I appreciate your contribution, although this is the first time I've read your stuff.

I havent been on here as much lately. Catching up you know.