Abercrombie & Fitch , Highscool and why they are so intensly tied together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
How come Abercrombie & Fitch has become synomous with the popular prick or pretty boy in highscool?

First off A&F says thier clothing is directed towards college students 18--22. Highscool students are the majority that wears it. Which means in my opinion that Abercrombie has become an aspirational brand. By that I mean , people wear it because that is the image they want to be , slim , athletic gorgeous and 18-22 years of age.

Now how come the "popular" crowd is usually wearing A&F along with other trendy brands?

EXCLUSIVITY!!!

Abercrombies clothes are not meant to fit everyone. I mean that literally , they do not sell XL. I fit a small everywhere but a medium at Abercrombie. They only hire hot people , they were SUED because of this. They are considered expensive for their type of clothing , but people still eat it up. I'm not criticizing , because I wear AnF , I just realize the marketing genius they have used to get highscool kids spending all their money!

fatkins

Don Juan
Reaction score
More of a highschool thing, where your pretty much in the "in" crowd if you wear anf or ae or hollister. College though seems more laid back about what you wear, but yea, you could say the same thing about letterman jackets in highschool but wear one in college and your a :cheer:

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
People don't care about clothes in college? Sweet. haha

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah goddamit i have a reason to pursue higher education! lol

i hate spending money on clothes (i could always use a set of new guitar strings...or some new cologne...or a mcchicken) but i prefer the prep look so i etch by on aeropstale clothes that dont have the word "aeropostale" plastered all over it.

mostly a polo guy.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer American Eagle by a lot. The clothes are similar in style, but are less expensive, and I generally like better. I like how they combine a surfer look with a prep look.

And what's funny is that although Abercrombie is notorious for being overpriced (which it is), it actually isn't that expensive compared to some other brands like Banana Republic and Lacoste. A Lacoste polo will run you about $72, it's rediculous.

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah AnF isnt as expensive as people make it out to be. The jeans are the only thing that could be considered "expenisve" some running $200

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is retarded. As are all the people who think clothes are social proof.

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont know people , the first thing that runs throught your mind is thier appearance , clothes are a big part of that , just as is posture and looks.

Your post is reatarded because you dont expand on your opinion , which makes your opinion invalid. Now I hope you reply and validate it , I love opposing viewpoints , I'm not a dumbass =D

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As stated A&F girls ARE hot. I date A&F girls. I wear A&F. I like to date hot girls so I choose to wear nice clothes.

Don Juans are trendy.

A&F is trendy, dont even deny it. Thus I am a trendy Don Juan. It also shows off that Im a wealthy person, a nice DJ trait.

sinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, no matter what anyone says clothes DO matter. i'm not from usa so i don't get a.e. or a&f clothes here. But since my sister stays in usa and she sends me clothes by a.e,a & f, versace etc. Their clothes are pretty comfortable and trendy. i get lacoste here which makes nice clothes too. i also get levi's here which makes some nice jeans.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
As stated A&F girls ARE hot. I date A&F girls. I wear A&F.

Riiiiiight. That's like saying a 300lbs girl that wears a two peice is hot as hell while a girl that has a model type body wears a one peice is UGLY.

I've seen some pretty ugly chicks in Abercrombie...clothes mean nothing.

As Lik stated...
This post is retarded. As are all the people who think clothes are social proof.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ambercrombie is complete crap and only trendy fags were this awful clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.