A woman's 7 year secret

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
What's a more effective way of curbing teen pregnancy and STDs? Hand out condoms or tell them they need to be better people and abstain from sex altogether? The jury is in on that one - the abstinence tract statistically increases both. But now I'm going to sound like I'm giving the kids a free pass for biologically wanting to ƒuck, while the moralist will go on decrying how it's the parents fault or the lack of integrity in society, or any other nebulous truism that moralistic sheep will shake their heads to. See how that works.
Teens express thier sexual behavior this way because America is a conformist society. They **** because they think that this is what they are supposed to do. Abstinacne education isn't effective because not enough people are enforcing that as a social norm.

Not too many generations ago the conformest society told everyone to keep their legs shut before marriage. By and large people went along with this becuase most people are conformists. 'Promiscuity-education' would have failed in that world as well because of social pressures.

Both of the scenarios are actually oppressive, because both deny individual choice.

Edit: I thought I should add this... We should keep in mind that certain things, like "teenagers", are actually the arificial product of the modern era. In ages past you were expected to act like an 'adult' much earlier in life than now. Teens act the way they do now for the same reasons as any group that is largly idle most of its time. Public schools warehouse our teen population in a place where they don't really learn anything. I don't blame the students, I blame the system, but that's really another post. The modern public high school is a soul-crushing experience.

My point is that if Western culture started expecting an 18 year old to act like a mature adult, and (just as importantly) actually gave them the education to do so, we wouldn't have the bull**** we have now.

Will the culture change? Maybe it will, there are more people homeshcooling, or using private schools. Homeschooled kids tend to test several grade levels higher than their same-aged peers, and are more emotionally stable because they don't grow up the American Lord-of-the-Flies highschools. As for the propaganda against both these alterntitives to public scools... most homeschoolers are not anti-social religious nut jobs (they were just the first to make it popular, lol), and not all private schools are overpriced religious indoctrination institutes.

Last edited:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
"hmm, what would be the best, most efficient way to make sure I choose a woman that won't do this to me AND how should I ACT so that she won't WANT to do this to me?"

right choice, right action. this will NEVER happen to you.
Well you're still missing the point that society and the courts give a woman an out from her responsibilities. You can never assure something like that will never happen to you.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
It's common practice among these lookout Meerkats to sound a warning loud enough to alert the clan, but also specifically to draw attention to themselves. They often make no effort for self-preservation and allow themselves to be killed in order to forestall a predator and give time for community members to seek safety.

This may appeal to our sense of morality to be an altruistic act of self-sacrifice, but it's really one example of species preservation among higher order animals. I read about the soldier falling on the grenade in Iraq and there are many other similar stories of exactly this same act in other conflicts throughout history. And while I can't say for certain what a man's personal reasons were for self-sacrifice, I do know the function for which the behavior occurs - sacrifice for the greater good.
meerkats and others: they sacrifice themselves to protect their clan, which all share the same genes. It is the genes which are driving the behavior, which are selfish in this case. "altruism" in animals is really "self" preservation, not self sacrifice.

soldiers jumping grenades/suicide bombers: they do this because they believe they will go to heaven. Again, this has nothing to do with greater good. I doubt any athiests have ever jumped on a grenade to save non-relatives.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Well you're still missing the point that society and the courts give a woman an out from her responsibilities. You can never assure something like that will never happen to you.
Actually You're missing the point. Anybody who enters into a lifelong contract with a woman, and is hoping that only the pressure of society/courts will keep her from straying can be assured that sh!t will happen.

As societal pressure to stay in marriages becomes weaker, it is only natural that marriages that are held together largely by outside pressure will begin to fall apart. Only marriages that are held together by mutual choice will remain strong.

Woe is you that depends on societal pressure for your happiness.

you can't blame and matrix and hope to depend on it at the same time.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Actually You're missing the point. Anybody who enters into a lifelong contract with a woman, and is hoping that only the pressure of society/courts will keep her from straying can be assured that sh!t will happen.

As societal pressure to stay in marriages becomes weaker, it is only natural that marriages that are held together largely by outside pressure will begin to fall apart. Only marriages that are held together by mutual choice will remain strong.

Woe is you that depends on societal pressure for your happiness.

you can't blame and matrix and hope to depend on it at the same time.

No you're just not getting it. It' not about depending on anyone else protecting you from women straying. It's about women knowing there is no consequences for their actions. Society has taken all accountability and responsibility off of women's hands and therefore women are free to do whatever they want without reprecussions and can never be trusted or depended on.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
No you're just not getting it. It' not about depending on anyone else protecting you from women straying. It's about women knowing there is no consequences for their actions. Society has taken all accountability and responsibility off of women's hands and therefore women are free to do whatever they want without reprecussions and can never be trusted or depended on.
dude, you can't be serious.

All accountability? like women can kill and rob and commit arson and get away with it?

Never be trusted? so when I give my money to the girl teller at the bank, she's gonna pocket it as soon as I leave?

Never be depended on? NO woman who EVER makes a date will EVER shows up?

Of course, I can sympathize. If you believe that all women are evil and will break your heart, then it gives you a reason not to get out there and put it on the line, again and again till you get it right. Nobody ever said living a happy life was safe or easy or natural for most guys.

hardening your heart is one way to protect it, but it doesn't lead to much happiness.

I wish you well.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
All accountability? like women can kill and rob and commit arson and get away with it?

Never be trusted? so when I give my money to the girl teller at the bank, she's gonna pocket it as soon as I leave?
Women are consistently shown much greater lenience by the legal system, but I suspect you're being too literal. For instance the bank teller might well do just that EXCEPT that in this particular instance she IS going to be held accountable. You're actually making Ketos case for him.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Women are consistently shown much greater lenience by the legal system, but I suspect you're being too literal. For instance the bank teller might well do just that EXCEPT that in this particular instance she IS going to be held accountable. You're actually making Ketos case for him.
Thanks. I didn't know I needed to explain to tairyuu that I meant women had no accountabilty in all things related to interpersonal relationships, marriage, child bearing etc especially considering that was the context. You're totally right he made my point , women can be responsibile when they are accountable. I don't know what his problem is. But like you said, women actually can get away with robbery and even murder in interpersonal relationships due to the biased legal system.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bear in mind your view of women's legal situations is from a westernized perspective. I'm not disagreeing, but in Japan it may not be that prevalent (yet). Certainly in countries given to moralistic extremes, women are expected to be covered head to toe in a burka and walk 7 paces behind their husbands. There are a lot of other examples as well.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Quite often, yes.

taiyuu_otoko said:
Never be depended on? NO woman who EVER makes a date will EVER shows up?
Actually... a woman who is NEVER dependable is a kind of dependability, or at least consistancy...