A Thanks To Those Who Tried..

steve12b

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great. I didnt' read the thread and realized that I was a perfect example of the selfish nature of humans. So meds didn't help huh? Well you still have to do something about it. I would suggest a drastic change in your life. Move to a new city, rob a bank (just kidding), join a religion (you can drop out later if you want). Whatever, the important thing is that you realize that you're unique but not completely so. For years I was truly unhappy and I just held on to the knowledge that if others made it then so would I. Thats all I had, everything in my gut told me to do otherwise, that I was doomed from the start. I mean, if I'm unhappy now then I must have a permanant chemical imbalance. Well its not true, good things do happen and they will feel even better when they come because of everything you've gone through. I still wish I had had a "normal" life so far, but I'm satisfied with the improvements that have happened. My being a "nice guy" means that yes people will try to walk all over me, start rumors etc, but I stopped listening to those voices and they faded away.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good start would be to become aware of what you're telling yourself.

Be careful what words you use. Instead of concentrating on whats wrong in your life concentrate on the positives. Look at all the positive things you do and all you have and be (feel) grateful for them. Repeat this constantly!

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe in saying "What doesnt kill you....makes you stronger!

Everytime something bad happens to me i say it and it makes me feel much better. Try it.

VashStampede

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are stuck in a loop of self sabotage just like alot of people.

Check out the book "The power of now"

You can change your life if you really want to do so. Its all psychological.

d_rek

Reaction score
get out of this mind set man. the world doesn't own you ****.

illslapyabfup

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats sad that u feel like that brother...

but jus like pook said

"life is but a hurricane of adversity aimed at you"

ur hurricane might be more severe then most people

but that is what will make u more of a man then most people

be strong and endure that hurricane...that will make u a bad motha****a!!!!

remeber that

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not that old, Damned. I was 20 when I found this site, and I know plenty of people come here who are older than you (As far as I can tell, Pook was at least your age when he came here). At least you don't have any divorces and/or ba stard kids to worry about.

In any case, follow these steps:
1. Read the Book of Pook
2. Consider reading the *real* Bible
3. Start going to the gym, and maybe jogging

And I'd definitely lose the meds for depression, although you should maybe keep seeing a counsellor. If your counsellor sucks so much that he feels the need to prescribe meds to every patient and doesn't feel like he can do his job without them, then you should maybe find a new one.

And who cares if your dog almost ate you as a child? That was twenty years ago. Get over it. Chicks dig scars anyway.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To the Original Poster...for a start, CONSIDER changing your screen name------THAT alone will be a beginning of changing your overall outlook on life.

Also, there is a old Latin phrase that says:

"nil carborundum illegitimi".

This phrase was used a lot during World War II, but it was popularized by General "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell------and he used it as his motto.

Here's the English Translation:

"DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN!"

My suggestion to you is to adopt this confrontational, war-like mindset towards ALL the things in your life that seek to rob you of your will to live. And recognize that the mission of EVERY good soldier is to make sure that his ENEMIES (the things and/or circumstances in his life that hold him back) "DIE" for THEIR CAUSE-------not the other way around!

And also, read THIS as you take our Spiritual/Tactical Officer INTERCEPTOR'S advice as you...

March on.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
brett012 said:
This post pisses me off. All you do is say how much bad the world has done to you, and the characteristics that are great about yourself. You don't say anything about what you're doing wrong. You act as if you are doing everything perfectly, and the world is treating you like sh!t for no reason. You obviously KNOW what is wrong with you, and if you want to post here asking for help, you have to at least SAY what's wrong with you, otherwise it's impossible for anyone to help you and it's entirely your fault and this thread is a waste of time. You're basically saying "i've failed at life so please spoon feed me."

I mean, maybe people here can help you if you were to just SAY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU exactly.
Ive never stated my characterists are good, I know I have a good personality,friendly and strong willed, the majority of things have gone wrong, maybe the minority has been my fault, but the majority of things havent been my fault just a case of bad luck,wrong place and wrong time.
Like everyone I do have faults, with me I would say its Im stubborn,shy,anxious,short tempered & sometimes a little paranoid.
Sometimes I think maybe Ive held back a bit but really even If I wouldnt have held back it wouldnt have made a difference to the majority of things anyway.

Cheers for the support you have all given me guys, the counsellor I had was against Meds, the Doctor was the one who was all for giving me them, I decided they werent for me(with the side effects) and the Counsellor agreed Counselling was the best long term option.

People have given me a few encouraging words during these last few days, for example my Gym Instructor said that when I asked for her on reception about a week ago regarding my meeting and someone passed on a message, the 3 women on the desk were discussing how Good Looking I was(which for a guy who gets as little attention as me, shocked me totally) and this has totally confused me(people have said it in the past but I notice its older people who always seem to comment on it or family members).
Besides my friends and family are starting to worry that Im not myself recently, I have a feeling that my life is always going to be this miserable and pointless and Im always going to be treated like a leper but I just have to keep on digging and trying to find a way to change things.
I have a couple of ideas, will they work? Dont think so but I might as well keep on trying otherwise I might as well just not be alive.
Something is getting in the way, just need to find out what it is and to find a way out of the hole.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
Everything in life has always went wrong. As a kid I barely survived my own pet attacking me leaving me with terrible injuries and psychological problems that took me years to recover from, In school, I was laughed at and stabbed in the back by people, In college(although I was liked and people thought I was a nice guy) the odd person still stabbed me in the back.
Ive had rumours spread about me in my social life that I was gay, a wrongful rumour that still continues to this day.
Ive had a small minority of my own family that have stabbed me in the back, I was cheated out of my driving licence and left in a heap of debt trying to pay off what I had worked to try and gain and ended up with nothing after 3 years of solid effort. People have laughed behind my back and spreaded vicious rumours.
My life has been hell, although there has been the odd up, its mostly consisted of downs, its been pointless even living it so far.
When I noticed your username I thought you to be a guy with terribly low self esteem. If you don't believe that your life is worth anything no one else will. Even if people care about YOU, if you don't care about yourself then you have already lost. You need to find something within yourself that makes you feel good. Even if it has to do with something that you accomplised years ago, if YOU did it for yourself then think about what you can do for yourself in the future. No amount of advice/pep talks will help if you don't see your own worth. A lot of people have problems and have people hating on them for no reason (or reasons that only make sense to the hater) but if you think you let the negative opinions of others be the cornerstone of your life then you will continue to be miserable. There's a reason why you wake up each day and draw breath eevery second day and night. It's up to you to see the reason.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a couple of ideas, will they work?
Hell no they won't work. Quit trying you're own damn ideas and read the freakin' DJ texts, man. Your ideas and screwed-up thought processes have been leading you down a dark path for much of your life. You need NEW wisdom from outside of yourself. For example, it's pretty obvious you have never read the Book of Pook. What are you even doing on this website if you're not going to apply our philosophy?

You've got the brilliance of Victory Unlimited, Pook, Anti-Dump, Señor Fingers, etc. staring you in the face, yet you've got to let your gym teacher cheer you up? Get a clue, man: It doesn't matter what women think of your looks. Your gym instructor might've been lying or he might've been telling the truth, but either way you're NOT DATING any of those women who thinks you're good-looking. That's because women want a man, not a good-looking boy.

As I said, your thought processes are entirely flawed. And you're moping on this forum trying to gain sympathy when you could easily be working to CHANGE your thought processes instead.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Hell no they won't work. Quit trying you're own damn ideas and read the freakin' DJ texts, man. Your ideas and screwed-up thought processes have been leading you down a dark path for much of your life. You need NEW wisdom from outside of yourself. For example, it's pretty obvious you have never read the Book of Pook. What are you even doing on this website if you're not going to apply our philosophy?

You've got the brilliance of Victory Unlimited, Pook, Anti-Dump, Señor Fingers, etc. staring you in the face, yet you've got to let your gym teacher cheer you up? Get a clue, man: It doesn't matter what women think of your looks. Your gym instructor might've been lying or he might've been telling the truth, but either way you're NOT DATING any of those women who thinks you're good-looking. That's because women want a man, not a good-looking boy.

As I said, your thought processes are entirely flawed. And you're moping on this forum trying to gain sympathy when you could easily be working to CHANGE your thought processes instead.
Ive never doubted any of the advice ive been given, its good. I just dont think it may work on me thats all im saying(probably works on the majority not just me.
It matters to me what people think of my looks as I need to see whether thats one of my stronger or weaker points and Ill know what Im working with or against.
And to say Im trying to gain sympathy is laughable, after all its not going to change everything that happened and its not going to help me in any way so why would I want sympathy.
If it was a choice between sympathy or a ordinary happy life like the majority of people have what do you think I would pick?

Reaction score
Dude you're a b!tch. Ive found my mother overdosed on the floor, woke up one night to find my house burning down cause of my drunk my mom and it was just me and her in the house and I was about 15. Droped out of school when I was 16. Stayed in doors and couldnt go outside for about a year and a half and got obessions to drink bottles of toilet cleaner and the likes and thought I was going crazy and Im only 18. I could tell you many worse storys aswell. What did I do? I went and got counciling and understood why I was thinking the way I was and then I fixed it. You gotta get on with it and stop crying about it. If you where bi-polar or something and couldnt help the way you feel then I'd feel sorry for you but you aint. You're just a baby constantly crying about the way he looks and the way people treat him. People stab you in the back and treat you like a pu$$y cause you are one. You gotta accept yourself and stop careing about what people think. Otherwise your gonna be on internet fourms crying for the rest of your life. Seriously grow some balls.

jrodbendi

Don Juan
Reaction score
check out The Power of NOw by Eckhart Tolle. It's given me a whole new perspective on thoughts and emotions.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyWongButOhSoRite said:
Dude you're a b!tch. Ive found my mother overdosed on the floor, woke up one night to find my house burning down cause of my drunk my mom and it was just me and her in the house and I was about 15. Droped out of school when I was 16. Stayed in doors and couldnt go outside for about a year and a half and got obessions to drink bottles of toilet cleaner and the likes and thought I was going crazy and Im only 18. I could tell you many worse storys aswell. What did I do? I went and got counciling and understood why I was thinking the way I was and then I fixed it. You gotta get on with it and stop crying about it. If you where bi-polar or something and couldnt help the way you feel then I'd feel sorry for you but you aint. You're just a baby constantly crying about the way he looks and the way people treat him. People stab you in the back and treat you like a pu$$y cause you are one. You gotta accept yourself and stop careing about what people think. Otherwise your gonna be on internet fourms crying for the rest of your life. Seriously grow some balls.

Sorry but thats total bollocks, you say this **** despite knowing nothing about me

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, he's right. You say the "advice" here is good, but you won't read the Book of Pook or apply it to your life. You just have faith that it won't work for you -- even though it works for everyone else.

Just go ahead and die, for all I care. You're obviously hopeless if you're not even willing to try. :rolleyes: You rank right up there with the most foolish people I've ever met.

Quit worrying about your looks and start applying DJ principles, dude. Or don't. I don't really care anymore.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
No, he's right. You say the "advice" here is good, but you won't read the Book of Pook or apply it to your life. You just have faith that it won't work for you -- even though it works for everyone else.

Just go ahead and die, for all I care. You're obviously hopeless if you're not even willing to try. :rolleyes: You rank right up there with the most foolish people I've ever met.

Quit worrying about your looks and start applying DJ principles, dude. Or don't. I don't really care anymore.

No its not that im not willing to try, my point is Ive tried for the last 8 years and im still in the same ****hole situation.
Yes as I say I will try it but surely you can understand me showing a bit of doubt after all this time this **** ive had going around me hasnt been going on for a couple of days, its been the majority of my life, if you understood that then you would understand why I am allowed to show a genuine bit of doubt.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
No its not that im not willing to try, my point is Ive tried for the last 8 years and im still in the same ****hole situation.
Yes as I say I will try it but surely you can understand me showing a bit of doubt after all this time this **** ive had going around me hasnt been going on for a couple of days, its been the majority of my life, if you understood that then you would understand why I am allowed to show a genuine bit of doubt.
Make yourself a plan, that's the only way you'll escape your messed up life. I've got a pretty big plan, and I still need to wait like 6 more months before I can leave this messed up life, but atleast i'm getting there.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stéphane said:
Make yourself a plan, that's the only way you'll escape your messed up life. I've got a pretty big plan, and I still need to wait like 6 more months before I can leave this messed up life, but atleast i'm getting there.
Ive got a few ideas in the pipeline, just trying to use the methods on here in real life situations and see whats gonna work for me. :woo:

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friend_ofa_Friend said:
Dude, Im 24 too, we ARE young!

I've always thought that us men get to our best around 30, and even some 40 year olds look great when they take care to groom and stay in shape.

I'd hate to be a woman though, they really do pass their prime around 24.

Whats the point though when your older, I feel like over 8 years of my life have been stolen, theres things in my life that are past repairable.
Even if things did turn out 'okay' for me I would always have bitterness over the past and the fact that what was meant to be the best part of my life turned out so bad.
My Life so far has made me Ill, reliant on meds, full of anxiety and angry that the people in life who dont deserve it always seem to get further.
At one time I tried to make myself believe that all this is my fault and that I must deserve what has happened to me but now I know looking at others that I havent deserved any of this.