A painful lesson

TruePain

Reaction score
The reason why I'm telling my story here is because when i was younger sosuave.com use to be my bible on picking up girls and I don't want people to make the same mistake i did. I apologize if my story is too long.

I first met her at my old job and thought that was she was a very special girl but I never bothered to ask her out. I was later transferred to a different location and soon after quit. A year later I decided to give her a call hoping to hook up with her, after we had our date I never bothered to call her again. Until she gave me a call a year later asking if I was still working with the company to cover a shift and that’s when I decided to ask her out. When I got into the relationship I thought she was just a young dumb girl I was just going to go out with because I was blinded by all my friends telling me to just sleep with her and leave her when a another girl comes along, so ended treating her with little to no respect at all. As our relationship started to build she started to grow on me, that’s when I started to think if we had a future together or not and that bugged me throughout the relationship. After a while we started to fight constantly about stupid small things that doesn’t even matter to most people. There was one fight that happened at a mall where it got so out of hand that I just left her there crying alone. I soon realized that the reason I fight with her all the time was because I was afraid to get hurt and that’s why I didn’t let her into my life. After a few weeks she broke up with me, through the phone at first I was in shock and a bit glad because I was debating about it for some time. Now I realized that I let the one girl I ever loved leave me because not once in our relationship that she ever complained about anything. She never complained about how boring we were or that we had to take public transit or walk because I had my license suspended at that time. By not letting her into my life so I wouldn’t get hurt I was actually hurting her. So I tried to get her back by letting her know how important she really means to me, but she wouldn’t answer my calls or even let me explain myself to her. After several attempts of calling her, she finally picked up and I explained everything to her and begged her to give me a second chance, but it was too late because she’s with someone else...Here is the final email she sent me with my name changed because I am actually embarrassed of myself.

Dear Darren, there is something you need to know.

Throughout our relationship, I hid my friendship with Michael from you.
The truth is, we liked each other, but, I was with you Darren.
And I knew in my heart what was wrong and what was right.
Even though you looked at other girls, and talked about other girls,
Even though u showed me little to no respect,
I always felt like I should be a faithful girlfriend to you. And I was.
When you and I fought, or when I was upset over us,
There was one person who was always there for me... but it wasn't you Darren.
He told me that I didn't deserve to be treated this way.
He told me to look into my heart and see that I was special.
But I couldn't, I just couldn't see that in myself.
The only thing I was concerned about was being the girl that you wanted me to be.
You wanted me to show you respect, listen to what you say, don't ask questions,
and basically, don't have an opinion. Because my opinions didn't really matter to you in the big scheme of things.
But that is not who I was. I liked to ask questions, i like to criticize and give my opinions.
But you made me afraid to be that person.
You didn't like that person. You even said, that is whats WRONG with me.
The last thing I wanted was to make you unhappy, to make you mad,
so I tried my hardest to be different. Just for you.
I tried to swallow pride and let you be the King.
But no matter how hard I tried, I still felt like I could never satisfy you,
so I thought of everyway possible to stand out, so you would notice me..
In December, I told Michael that he and I could no longer be friends.
Just for you.
I pushed him away , and I stopped talking to him.
He was a great friend, he was always looking out for me. He truly cared about me.
But I cut him out of my life, for you.
and I sucked it up.
But no matter what I did Darren, it was never good enough. It was never anything "special".
I wasted your "time"
I was "stupid"
"sensitive"
a "dumbass"
and a "*****".
This is why my love for you faded.
This is why I was confused.
But, again, I toughed it out, I believed that everything was okay.
One day, I found myself standing alone, crying, in the middle of a shopping mall,
waiting, and hoping you would come back. But you didn't. You left me there.
And I walked home, too embarrassed to go on the bus for the tears on my face.
After this Darren, any respect that I had left for you, every TRACE of respect that was left,
was gone. Like that.
Amidst the anger, amidst the dark streets that I walked home.. Somehow...I was free.
I was freed from distain. I was freed from the challenge of constantly trying to change myself.
I was no longer afraid to do what I wanted.
And I was no longer afraid to be friends with Michael.
When I started talking to him again,
He helped me realize a lot about love.
Love is never conceited or insulting,
it is never deserting or unkind.
It took me a long time to realize that he was right.
You said you just want me to be happy,
well, I am.
I have found happiness.
But on the contrary,I did read your last little attempt to try and get your word in after our phone call ended.
And if your going to resort to name calling again,
...I don't care.
I will not descend to such a level.
This is my final farewell to you Darren.

Goodbye.

In a way I actually don’t blame that guy for stepping in so soon because when I was younger I use to go around saying “boyfriends are just speed bumps” but now that I’m on the other side of that it honestly does suck. I don’t go through a single day with not regretting what I’ve done and taking her for granted. Every day that goes by I keep replaying our whole relationship thinking why I didn’t just treat her properly and ignore what my friends said in the first place. People say that I should move on now because I’m still young and there’s plenty of other girls out there, but I just can’t help thinking that what if she actually did love me and she was the one that got away. I keep having hope that she might come around and give me a second chance but I guess the worst kind of evil is hope because it prolongs the length of pain. I don’t know why she’s so afraid to give me a second chance, maybe it’s because I don’t mean that much to her, or if she doesn’t want to get hurt anymore, or it’s because she’s actually happy with Michael. Through this experience I have no one to blame but myself for not listening to what my heart was telling me the whole time. If I can do this all over again things would defiantly be different, but I can’t do anything about it.

Last edited:

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I call bullsh*t on that whole story. U should be banned for the crap ur tryin to pull.

thewickedm

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can vouch for a similar story, but in my opinion we get into s**t like this and create unnecessary drama because we fail to qualify the girls that come into our lives. If we pick wisely, then the world would seem like a better place. Would love to hear the more experienced people's opinion on the OP's story.

hansol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That was "painful" to read. What boring drivel... I get what you're trying to say, but it didn't need a horrible dissertation to illustrate a single point.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thewickedm said:
I can vouch for a similar story, but in my opinion we get into s**t like this and create unnecessary drama because we fail to qualify the girls that come into our lives. If we pick wisely, then the world would seem like a better place. Would love to hear the more experienced people's opinion on the OP's story.
I'll give it.

OP comes here, tells us he is a DJ prescibed by this forum, tells us he meets a girl, treats her like garbage and she left him - Garbage incidently so called prescribed by this forum.

The guy is a troll.

The whole scenario is just a long winded stab at this forum.

1: The guy as serious one-itus.

2: The negative things he did was apparantly part of his subscribing to the laws on this forum.

3: The whole situation is simply a load of tosh.

4: I'd like the OP to point to a place on these boards that tells you to:

A: Treat girls with no respect.
B: Start arguments with them about anything
C: Argue in public - Incidently letting a girl disrespect you by arguing in public
D: Go into relationships fear based
E: He goes on to state the girl never complained, whilst telling us they had petty arguments often and in public - i.e attributing an unhealthy obsession with a chick
F: Then we get an epic email that was rather painful to try to read.

It's just a trolling attempt to try to sway some AFC much like this guy is, into complying with his need to poor out such menstral BS.

OP get a grip!

catman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Victim mantality at its finest here. She hid her realionship with mike but she didnt cheat on you in so shes not to blame (Ya rite).She never gave you her whole heart either or she wouldnt have been sneaking around talking to mike and most likely fvcking mike.Takes two people to fite and shes fooling herself if she thinks your the only one to blame for that as well.She will swing branches on mike too just like she did to you. She has broken you down take what self esteem and dignity you have left and find a different girl.:cool:

TruePain

Reaction score
I never once said anything bad about this site, i love this site for what it has taught me. I just wanted to tell my story...

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TruePain said:
I never once said anything bad about this site, i love this site for what it has taught me. I just wanted to tell my story...
If that is your true story, then you are pathetic for various reasons:
1) Not showing the amount of respect that any human being deserves
2) Mistreating a girl so badly that her self image sustained damage
3) Calling her names during arguments
4) Listening to your friends instead of yourself

Really, get a grip. Move on and learn to treat girls with the respect they deserve. Get rid of your habit by name calling people during an argument, it's a major sign of weakness!

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
true, most guys have had breakups. you will live thru this. spin plates. work on improving your life, and move on. delete her numbers etc. she died, put that in your mind, and forget about her.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What am I missing here? The guy admitted that he made mistakes, that he acted inappropriately in order to protect himself and he realizes that he hurt her, that he regrets taking her for granted and not treating her properly.

Isn't he confessing, in a way, that he didn't follow DJ principals and is now paying for it? It seems some of you guys are being awfully hard on him, unless I'm missing something here.

TruePain, you have a scarcity mentality because you think she is the only one and that you will never find another girl like her again. This is just an illusion. Girls are plentiful. Right now you have her idealized in your mind. As soon as you meet someone new you will see this girl's faults.

The best thing to do right now is to completely let her go. She won't give you a second chance because a switch flipped in her (aided by the conversations with her male "friend"). A woman does not and cannot think for herself. An outside infuence (Michael) filled her mind with thoughts that turned her against you, although if it weren't him it would be someone else because obviously you didn't treat her well, by your own admission.

Chalk it up to a painful learning experience. We all have to go through them. The only thing you can do is to let her go, follow the No Contact rule, and improve yourself in anticipation of finding the next girl.

There's one subject that comes up on this forum occasionaly, and that is a girl's male "friends". THis is hugely dangerous, although there are lots of guys (usually very young) who think there is nothing wrong with that. I believe that this is one of the biggest tactical errors men make. Her male friends are constant little birdies whispering things against you into her ear. Also, she starts to think, "Hmmm...Mike really listens to me. He doesn't judge me like my boyfriend does. He makes me feel at-ease and comfortable...". Next thing you know, she finds herself in bed with him. Confiding and hanging out privately with a male friend will almost always result in her cheating on you.

At any rate, let her go and move on with your life. You're a lot wiser today than you were yesterday, and you can use that wisdom starting now.

Ronnie Poleman

Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:
OP comes here, tells us he is a DJ prescibed by this forum, tells us he meets a girl, treats her like garbage and she left him - Garbage incidently so called prescribed by this forum.

The guy is a troll.

The whole scenario is just a long winded stab at this forum.
I can't see any point where the OP states that he is in his situation because of SoSuave's advice.

Based on the context, I would interpret the OP's statement of: "sosuave.com use to be my bible on picking up girls and I don't want people to make the same mistake i did" as him giving advice to forum members to not be a douchebag like he was to this girl! He is saying that he gained a lot of good advice on SoSuave before, so he feels he should give something back to the SoSuave community in return, and he is doing this by sharing his experience. He is not attacking the forum and saying he made the mistake BECAUSE of this website.

In all honesty TruePain (or T-Pain lol!) you made that mistake because you DIDN'T listen to this forum's advice! If you followed Pook's 'Be a Man!' and his other posts about being a great guy as opposed to being a nice guy or a jerk, you wouldn't have made that mistake.

Who said treating women with respect was AFC? It isn't! Being needy and supplicating all the time is! There's a huge difference.

What I love about SoSuave over PUA material is that it helps you develop as a person and improves your understanding of women, your attitudes and your confidence naturally, instead of making you an actor by memorizing pick up lines and routines!

Moving on...

TruePain said:
I soon realized that the reason I fight with her all the time was because I was afraid to get hurt and that’s why I didn’t let her into my life...By not letting her into my life so I wouldn’t get hurt I was actually hurting her.
I've noticed that is a common problem with dudes, I used to hate getting emotionally close to girls because I too was afraid of getting hurt. I got over this by :
1. Growing up
2. Actually enjoying the emotional connection with another living being
3. Having a little bit of consideration and empathy for the girl
4. Realising that I was mentally strong so I wouldn't get hurt
5. Realising that hurting others because you are too afraid to get hurt is selfish.

The selfish weakness is the jerk's fatal flaw!

Don't get me wrong, I vote Democrat, but I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the way you treat girls. Making a girl cry in public, humiliating her and leaving her like that is pretty low, especially because a lot of girls are VERY conscious about how they appear in public. I felt really bad when I made a girl cry because I negged her, but what you did is another level! :nono:

Sounds like you need to reconnect with this website again, especially on being a great guy instead of a jerk or a nice guy. Don Juans can connect with women, even if they sleep with hundreds of girls, they respect each and every girl as a human being!

That is an ideal which is very much worthy of aspiring to.

I recommend reading the Book of Pook, it is pretty good!

jnice48146

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, sometimes you treat a woman like gold and she pulls the same shyt. The problem is that WOMEN don't even know what women want at any given moment. It changes day to day, hour by hour. Get over it. There's only about 3 billion other women on the planet, many of whom are far superior to this one.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah. I knew this guy was gonna get bashed for posting this. These guys don't want to hear that there is such a thing as making mistakes after learning all this DJ stuff. Mistakes were made, lessons were learn and the honestly the game played out the way it usually does. Women eventually get tired of a bad boy and will settle for a nice guy friend. It's true, nice guys do finish last, but only because everyone else has used or abused her first.

The op made the mistake of actually being a jerk not a real man. And now he's learned the error of those ways. Hopefully the rest of you can learn from it as well.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Yah. I knew this guy was gonna get bashed for posting this. These guys don't want to hear that there is such a thing as making mistakes after learning all this DJ stuff. Mistakes were made, lessons were learn and the honestly the game played out the way it usually does. Women eventually get tired of a bad boy and will settle for a nice guy friend. It's true, nice guys do finish last, but only because everyone else has used or abused her first.

The op made the mistake of actually being a jerk not a real man. And now he's learned the error of those ways. Hopefully the rest of you can learn from it as well.
Really bad call right there.

For 1, the whole story is clearly made up.

For 2, this guy failed because he was major weener. He was no jerk, he was a huge AFC.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:

For 2, this guy failed because he was major weener. He was no jerk, he was a huge AFC.
Stop. You don't know if the story is made up. You're ASSuming.

No, he was a huge ASSH*LE because he treated a girl who had a bit of self respect like crap. Upon realizing this, she left. Listen, just because you're a sexual stud doesn't mean that a girl doesn't have enough sense to leave a guy if she's not fully getting what she wants.

The important thing here is him learning from his mistakes. You get to know someone, anyone (whether it be a friend or relationship) you always run the risk of getting hurt. It's up to you to take a risk.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, Atom Smashers advice is right on. If the story is indeed true, it might bring you a lot of regret at this moment, but it also teaches a valuable lesson. Use that knowledge to prepare you for the next experience.

Scarcity mentality is also what may be causing you suffering, like he said. This may be hard to accept right now (I've been there), but she really is just one girl. The "one that got away" doesn't exist, because there are plenty of other single women out there that fit your criteria.

Meet more women, but also strive to be independent, and content with your own company. True happiness doesn't come from any woman.

HeMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
the Op acted like a complete *******!

deserves him right for getting dumped

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:

Jerk/AFC flipside of the same coin really. neither comes from a solid core of manhood. If the story is fake, meh, it is what it is. If not take it as a cautionary tale of not finding balance. He wasn't a true bad boy or a real man. Just scared and mean. Use it as an example, you know like the bible, it doesn't have to be real to learn something from it.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
This story feels real to me. OP, no need to call you an *******. You already know you were. But the awesome thing about your story is, you know you were. You know you were wrong. And now you can change and treat the next girl better.
That girl's letter is really sad. She obviously loved you. I think maybe you took the stuff from this site that you wanted to (at the time), like "being a badboy" and not caring about emotions etc. Just about anything can be taken the wrong way. People see what they want to see--hear what they want to hear.
I applaud you for realizing your mistakes. Now you can be a better person for it. Some aren't so lucky.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An ******* who doesnt care about the girl is a guy who knows the true low-value of a woman and knows exactly what buttons to press on her. Women are easily replacable, they are objects of sex and companionship, they are easily manipulated by their emotions of fear, anxiety and love/hate etc. This is basic rules of a 'Dj'

Assh*le game is an art. Treating a girl like you dont care and pressing the right buttons will get a girl who is obsessed about you to the point where she will complain about her bad treatment but would do anything for you. A fool of a man thinks that any woman in this situation thinks 'this is bad i will leave him'. We are the same, the further a girl pulls away and plays our jealousy and insecurity emotions, the harder we chase her. It might be logical to say that a 'good quality woman with self esteem will not stand for it', but its what happens. The emotions and hormones in our minds and bodies as humans override logic.

The guy in the story is going good untill he suddenly starts talking about how he's 'afraid of getting hurt and thats why he treats her badly'. This is nonsense, it doesnt happen in real life, this is rationalization of a woman/fake. As soon as he 'opens up', she leaves him. This is realistic. He then begs her to come back. What happened to mr assh*le? This is fake, unless he has suddenly lost all of his ability to gain other women and super loss of self esteem, this isnt realistic- it is again rationalization of a woman/fake.

Guys treat women badly are guys that have many women available, solid self confidence in their ability to replace, and know that women are replacable. Hot women are exactly the same, think. So actually, being an assh*le is a product of your environment, and not neceserily a bad thing. The more you act in this, super confident ****y manner, the harder girls chase you and the 'higher value' you are.

The moral issue of this is a whole different topic. It might be bad, but everyone knows that pimps dont give a f*ck about a b*tch. Not because they are not 'real men', but because b*tches is b*tches and dogs a man's best friend. If we as men knew this and stopped pedestalling the girls then we wouldn't have problems like this. Rap music has been preaching the truth for years.

Btw. My guess is the OP is a female with a new account trying to stirr up drama.