50 cents new album

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
crap album. 'im supposed to die tonight' and 'gatman and robin' are the only 2 tunes i felt. piggy bank was good at the start but now its just annoying.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
You must be one of those kids who think they are cool cause they hate mainstream and listen to underground only, God forbid something is actually entertaining...You want deep lyrics and introspection and the meaning of life in a song, go read a book or talk to your parents or something...You prolly just started listening have you? Alot of young new listeners are backpackers like you...
Good job making assumptions. No, I don't listen to underground only. In fact, I barely listen to any underground music. The type of music I like and listen to the most is classic rock, and it has been the past ~4 years. I don't like most modern music, but I won't say that I hate all of it (mainstream MTV pop punk rock I can say that I DO HATE).

Nowhere did I say I was looking for deep lyrics in music. I was simply stating that the lyrics in mainstream rap suck. I didn't say I didn't like all mainstream rap, I actually said that I do like some mainstream rap.

No, I'm not a "backpacker young new listener". While I don't know a lot about rap (I just listen to what I like, don't really pay much attention to the artist and album and stuff), I know a ton about classic rock from the 60s and 70s, and only know a couple people who know more about that music than I do.

So don't go making assumptions about my musical tastes based solely on a comment saying that most mainstream rap lyrics suck. And whether you agree with that statement or not, I think you can admit (as it's plainly obvious) that most rap lyrics are on the same stuff.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
WOMP WOMP WOMP WAGGA WAGGA WAGGA
If you dont like rap, stay out the thread then, noone wants your opinion cause it holds no weight...

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont like rap, stay out the thread then, noone wants your opinion cause it holds no weight...

The fact of the matter is, most mainstream rap is garbage. They are trying to appeal to a broad audience. Anytime you do this, you must sacrifice originality.

I must give 50 props for going platinum in 5 days though.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TyTe`EyEs
The fact of the matter is, most mainstream rap is garbage. They are trying to appeal to a broad audience. Anytime you do this, you must sacrifice originality.

The thread is about a rap album...If you dont listen to rap, your opinion doesnt matter cause you dont even know anything about it...I dont care if its mainstream or whatever, if you dont listen to rap and dont like it, stay out of the threads then...You dont see me or other rap fans going into rock threads and bashing rock, cause I dont listen to rock so I cant say anything about it...If youre gonna comment, know what you are talking about...

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, you really are dumb. Did you completely miss the part about where I said I liked a lot of rap, most of it mainstream?

I happen to like several of 50 cent's songs, so that's why I went into this thread. I already said just because I think his lyrics suck, doesn't mean I don't like his music.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must be one of those kids who think they are cool cause they hate mainstream and listen to underground only, God forbid something is actually entertaining...You want deep lyrics and introspection and the meaning of life in a song, go read a book or talk to your parents or something...You prolly just started listening have you? Alot of young new listeners are backpackers like you...
...Except hes RIGHT.

Even think about it for a second. If you want to listen to "music" just because it "sounds good" .. well something that rhymes just sounds a LOT better than something that doesnt. So the guy still has a point.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
arghhh!

You guys arguing will lead to my thread being closed. As the guy said, if you don't like rap, don't bother posting.

Coffee doesn't taste the same to everyone!

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
Wow, you really are dumb. Did you completely miss the part about where I said I liked a lot of rap, most of it mainstream?

It isnt my fault I didnt want to read your resopnse, with you talking about classic rock and sh1t...Thats when I stopped...Next time, get to the point of what you are trying to say in a shorter way please...

Even think about it for a second. If you want to listen to "music" just because it "sounds good" .. well something that rhymes just sounds a LOT better than something that doesnt. So the guy still has a point.
No sorry...Rap these days are about how the song sounds...Before, it was lyrics, lyrics, lyrics...Then the west coast came out and they were actually making songs with melodies, and the east coast hated the fact that they sold so much and they wernt that lyrical...Nowadays, you need one or more good flows and mic presence...Look at 50, Em, Jay, Luda, etc...People like them cause they proved their skills on their early albums and now they make songs that sound good, once they realized people dont listen that much to lyrics anymore...Like many others, I used to hate 50 cause he toned his lyrics down from the mixtapes, but his flows got wayyy better and he knows how to write songs and he has good charisma when he raps, it sounds good to listen...Jada has the same flow on every song, sure he can ride beats well, but I have NEVER heard him switch his flow up and he cant write a good song for his life, just freestyles...

So rap today...Flows > Lyrics....If you dont like it, dont listen...

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It isnt my fault I didnt want to read your resopnse, with you talking about classic rock and sh1t...Thats when I stopped...Next time, get to the point of what you are trying to say in a shorter way please...
Oh, come on. Quit trying to play it off like it's my fault. You shouldn't go running your mouth (or typing in this case) if you're not gonna read what I wrote. It makes you sound like an idiot.

And it's not like I said that last even. I said it about 4 sentences into my post, which really wasn't even that long. Hell, I even said it in my first post. Did you not read that one either?

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thread is about a rap album...If you dont listen to rap, your opinion doesnt matter cause you dont even know anything about it...I dont care if its mainstream or whatever, if you dont listen to rap and dont like it, stay out of the threads then...You dont see me or other rap fans going into rock threads and bashing rock, cause I dont listen to rock so I cant say anything about it...If youre gonna comment, know what you are talking about...

Dude, I listen to a lot of rap...probably more than you. The cd is fvcking garbage IMO.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"i'll take you to the candy shop, i'll let you lick the lollypop"

cant **** with that.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
"i'll take you to the candy shop, i'll let you lick the lollypop"

cant **** with that.

Which sounds just the same as

"I got the magic stick" 50 is unoriginal.

Don Juan
Reaction score
50 was a Monster when he started (download the classic "how to rob", and some other **** with g unit, this ni99a is a killer/comedian). Everybody was on his d1ck b4 he realesed his first official album. of course he gotta tone down, he gotta make money of the dumb hoes!!! His first album was a dime but this one is crap. Who ever says rap isn't lyrical or that it's all the same dosen't know anything about. I bet most of ya live in the suburbs and think you really know what it's about. Jada is a monster, he dosen't have to change his flow. Why?!? he is killing it anyway. If by mainstreem rap you mean chingy or nelly, etc then i agree that's crap. But thats not real rap. Some of you have to understand thought, some things are for dancing, girls, willing out, etc (ex. south). So it isn't going to be lyrical like a nas album.
Who ever said the west came out with melodies and lowly lyrics dosen't get it. 2pac, nwa,snoop, dre,etc. They where all lyrical so what are you talking about? The east was also full of crazy beats and they wasen't mad at that. THey was mad for the 2pac biggie beef.

Some ya is sleeping of 50, even thought i don't really like him he still got it.

**********trivia for those that think they know ***********

What does the name 50 cent mean?

If you are acting like a rap critic then you should know this.

Don Juan
Reaction score
For all you rock fans that hate rap

BTW most rock is garbage

most is whinny b1tchy **** full of sh1tty "power chords"
and pretentious lyrics about how hard it is to deal
with parents/girls/pets.

Then there's adult rock like u2. Full of hypocritic lyrics about peace
, feeding the hungry and social issues that the singers dosen't give a **** about.

This is what rock is. I'll b the first person to say i don't know **** about it ( just like the haters don't know about rap) but at least it shows nobody has 2 likes what you like either.

If you want artistic music listen to classical or jazz.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by *******
**********trivia for those that think they know ***********

What does the name 50 cent mean?

If you are acting like a rap critic then you should know this.

The original 50 cent was some New York gangster.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

No sorry...Rap these days are about how the song sounds...
what the fuvk are you talking about? I wasnt arguing what rap is about these days. I said that it sounds better if it rhymes, which is true. Is your brain not capable of understanding this?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: For all you rock fans that hate rap

Originally posted by *******
BTW most rock is garbage

most is whinny b1tchy **** full of sh1tty "power chords"
and pretentious lyrics about how hard it is to deal
with parents/girls/pets.

Then there's adult rock like u2. Full of hypocritic lyrics about peace
, feeding the hungry and social issues that the singers dosen't give a **** about.

This is what rock is. I'll b the first person to say i don't know **** about it ( just like the haters don't know about rap) but at least it shows nobody has 2 likes what you like either.

If you want artistic music listen to classical or jazz.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

That's funny.. I listen to rock and agree... that part with pets is funny. Regardless of how much I love Megadeth, there is no substitute for Tupac.